PDA

View Full Version : kurt warner is a freaking bum

sirdizzy
Sep 29th, 2002, 01:06:20 PM
whats up with that my #1 draft pick in fantasy football has been a freaking achilles heel to me

he broke his stupid finger in the first quarter 1 for 2 for 17 yards and INT

if i lose tis week because of warner i am going to be furious, i am playing a far inferior team (their 0-3 and i am #1 in the league at 3-0) i might still win if priest homes steps in up in the 2nd half i need him to be big again today

Figrin D'an
Sep 29th, 2002, 01:51:13 PM
Blame the Ram's offensive line and play calling... they don't open holes for Faulk early, then Martz abandons the run... defenses use creative blitz packages, throw off the offensive timing, and Warner gets hit or tries to force the ball... it's even worse now for the Rams that Orlando Pace is out... he's the best lineman they have...

St. Loius is in big trouble... 'nough said.

Jinn Fizz
Sep 29th, 2002, 02:08:17 PM
I grew up in the LA area and have hated the Rams for years.

The Rams are now 0-4.

Life is good. :D

Nathanial K'cansce
Sep 29th, 2002, 02:39:07 PM
I feel your pain, sirdizzy. I'm pretty sure Warner was my number 1 draft pick, but since he gave me little to no points in the first week, he's been benched ever since. Fielder's been doing the job just fine...

Until today.

I'm on of the better teams in the fantasy football league I'm in.. and it is probably by luck that I've only lost one game.

Fielder didn't preform up to par in today's game against the chiefs... and that has me worried now with Warnner as my back up.

*prays for a big day for Charlie Garner*

sirdizzy
Sep 29th, 2002, 03:07:43 PM
well my back up is brian griese (who i have played the last 2 weeks) but he sprained his ankle so i benched him this week big big mistake

but i can't beleive i am up 51-0 right now (we each got 4 players left) he had the miami defense, randy mcmichaels, and santana moss all get goose egged

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 29th, 2002, 03:07:56 PM
Can we now say the Rams are done, losing to Dallas, and then losing Warner for probably a month at least I think they will now be lucky to win 6 games, I wouldn't be surprised if they go 3-13.

sirdizzy
Sep 29th, 2002, 03:17:26 PM
yea well i thought they were done last week but were going to make a valiant fight back but i guess i was wrong

they are done and there wil be no fight back either

Figrin D'an
Sep 29th, 2002, 06:52:14 PM
St. Louis is staring 0-6 in face, with the next two weeks being at San Franciso and home against Oakland. If they want to have a chance to win any games, period, Mike Martz will have to swallow his pride, and start giving the ball to Marshall Faulk about 35 times a game. Even then, they'll need their defense to show up.

Return trip to the Super Bowl? No way.
Playoffs? Forget it.

A .500 record for the season would be an amazing comeback for them at this point...

JMK
Sep 29th, 2002, 07:05:45 PM
I can't believe the Rams are going into the tank like this. A month into the season and they're toast already. Including the pre-season and the Superbowl, they've lost 9 in a row now? I guess there was something to worry about when they looked horrible in the pre-season...

Jedieb
Sep 29th, 2002, 07:45:12 PM
I think 0-6 is what they're most likely going to face. The playoffs are out of the question. They're just not a good team right now, period. They'll be deserved underdogs the next two weeks and I think it unlikely that they'll be able to pull out either game. Stick a fork in them, they're done. We all expected some team to come out of nowhere and make a run, little did we know the shocker would be a legitimate Superbowl contender crashing down in flames.

dbn
Sep 29th, 2002, 11:56:18 PM
I am happy to see the Rams fall, and really happy to see my cowboys beat them!!!:crack
But the rams can still beat any team out there, and they could beat San Farn, or the Raiders when they play them soon.

JMK
Sep 30th, 2002, 07:02:34 AM
Sure its possible I guess. But they also should have beaten the Cowboys, and everyone else they played. At best, they'll be 1-5 in 2 weeks from now.

But did anyone expect the Chargers to be a convincing (after their win yesterday) 4-0?

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 30th, 2002, 02:39:41 PM
Well its still early, I don't think they will win the division, I think Denver is the best team in that division so far, but it will depend on what happens in division play most likely. Also even if the Chargers make the playoffs I don't think they will go far Shotenhiemer has a horrible playoff record.

Jedieb
Sep 30th, 2002, 07:12:50 PM
The news on Warner has gotten worse. He's going to be out 8-10 weeks. I don't see how they can make the playoffs now. My best friend from college is a HUGE Chargers fan and he must be loving life right now. I think the Chargers have a great shot at making the playoffs. Usually you'd say that's as far as they could go, but with the way the league has been lately; why NOT San Diego? Are they any more of a long shot than the Pats were last year or the Rams 3 years ago?

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 30th, 2002, 09:14:36 PM
Well I was thinking they couldn't because of Shottenhiemer his teams always finds ways to lose in the playoffs, even when Joe Montana was there with the chiefs they couldn't make it to the Super Bowl.

jjwr
Oct 2nd, 2002, 05:59:50 AM
Rams are done, their line has been awefull, this team is all about giving Warner time to hit the open recievers and they just haven't had the time for that, that and the recievers are constantly getting hit.

Its a joke Faulk doesn't get the ball more, Martz goes from on high to being a total joke because he won't do the obvious.

Chargers, they're a impressive team with a great defense, their problem against some of the better teams will be that when they shut down the run can Bree's beat them? Right now my guess would be no. Sadly the Patriots couldn't stop the run, Tomlinson was just too quick and the Pats kept missing tackles. Would have been nice to see if Bree's could do it, he was a great pickup as a #2 pick.