PDA

View Full Version : Finding Peace in the Force... (training Dios, closed)

Maia Tharrinn
Sep 29th, 2002, 09:43:05 AM
Maia sat at the small lake that she and Dios had often visited. Her eyes closed she meditated and opened herself to the force, letting it fill her. She became ultra sensitive to her surroundings.

She was waiting on Dios to show up so they could begin there lessons together. He had grown a lot over the time they had spent together. His skills in the force were strong. What she wanted to teach him today was simple. He had found a small measure of peace now that Fiend no longer had a hold on his soul but it had scarred his heart. She wanted him to find the serenity that the force offered. To have back what darkness had tried to take.

Maia knew that relearning the simple things could lead to much more. She could feel him approaching a small smile tugged the corner of her lips. Today, she hoped, she would teach him to let go of things that haunted him and to take pleasure in what the future held...

Dios Kane
Sep 29th, 2002, 12:06:14 PM
:: I slowly approached the place we were supposed to meet. She was sitting there with her eyes closed and smiling. Maia must've known I was coming I guess, but wasn't she a bit early? I looked at my watch and saw that actually I was about 15 minutes late! I laughed as I sat down next to her.::

Oops, sorry I was late, so what first Master?

:: Before she could open her eyes I pushed her over with a small shove.::

Maia Tharrinn
Sep 30th, 2002, 01:49:38 PM
Maia squeaked in surprise as she fell over, a grin formed on her mouth as she sat up. "Lets see we could learn force lifting my dear." As she spoke she lifted Dios from the ground and dumped him in the lake. Grinning she stood and brushed the dirt from her cloths.

"How's the water?" She giggled at his indignant expression.

Dios Kane
Sep 30th, 2002, 03:33:16 PM
:: I burst out of the water with a mock gasp of how cold it was. I walked out and wrun out the tals of my robes.::

Gimme a break, lifting things? Is that all?

:: I lifted Maia onto her feet and brought her into my arms, I shook my head and the long wet strands sprayed water all over Maia. I set her down next to me as I sat down also.::

Anyways, to the real stuph?

Maia Tharrinn
Sep 30th, 2002, 11:54:36 PM
"Yes, my love I know you have all the basics down. How about we talk about what the force means and how easily it is to fall away from the light." She said glancing out of the corner of her eye at him.

"I have found that the more you embrace the lightside, the more darkness reaches out to you trying to pull you from the good. I believe it is a very thin line we walk Dios. One that fear and hate and even a deep sadness, all very human emotions. All of those thing can lead to the darkside if we let them take a hold of us. As Jedi we must always be prepared to face things in battle and in life and as Jedi we must suppress what is naturally felt. When I almost lost you, my love, I could feel fear clutching at my heart which of course led to my anger at Fiend. It was then that I had to meditate and calm myself. I had to remember what the Jedi code is." Reaching over Maia grasped Dios's hand.

"All the things we learn Dios, the lifting the force speed, mind control. It is nothing compared to what we truly are here for. We must always put the lives of other innocents before ours. We must always remember kindness even to the ones who might hurt us. There can always be redemption for even the most evil of beings." She thought of her family and all the evil they had done and in her heart she hoped that one day they would come to find there way to the lightside.

"Even you Dios have found forgivness in what you feel you did wrong in the past. I have found forgiveness for what my family is and in all of this chaos we have found each other."

Dios Kane
Oct 2nd, 2002, 05:26:42 PM
:: I nodded, not in agreement but to acknoledge that I was taking it in. I had never really been given the philosophy of the jedi first hand. I'd always assumed from others actions. But this was different. The whole forgiving even the most evil... that was like my life story. Always remebering kindness to those tjhat would hurt us? Hadn't that been what I'd seen so many others do but I had never really noticed it. I couldn't believe how simple it was to notice these things after someone had directly told me about it! I stood up and began to pace as the ideas went through my head.::

So you're tellin me I should pretty much forgive Fiend for what he did? And the Vampires?

:: I still had to work out a few things though, but these were all thoughts. I had long ago taken them away from the action side of my mind, that had led to worse consequences.::

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 5th, 2002, 01:11:27 AM
"I know it's hard Dios with all you have been through but yes the Jedi teaches us to forgive and to always be kind. I know that we have to protect others from harm but there are times we have to forgive the evils done to us. If we do not then how will we forgive ourselves?" She worried for Dios. He had been through far to much in his long lifetime. She could only hope that she could help him be happy.

Dios Kane
Oct 5th, 2002, 01:21:56 AM
:: That last part hit me like a brick. Of course, how simple it had been! We had to, so that we could, in conclusion, forgive ourselves. Because those who couldn't forgive themselves were forever condemned to live with the endless guilt of their own vices and sins. Thses things hit me in my mind like flashes that stayed there like stars. I shook my head now in undestanding, the process was grasped, but until I faced the others, I could only believe that it was true until I could actually apply it.::

What next?

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 5th, 2002, 03:10:23 AM
Maia cocked her head at Dios and smiled. His heart was good and she knew he loved the Jedi ways. A peace had fallen over him in the time they had been back together. Instead of the restless spirit he had always had.

"What is it you really want to learn Dios? That you don't already know. Everything you need is there in your heart. You have went and exorcised the demons that haunted you soul and now you have found peace. All that is left is for you to forgive and most importantly is for you to forgive yourself. You are not to blame for what happened to your family or what happened to me. You have fought many battles for the Jedi, you have striven to keep the ways of the Jedi. Dios the evil that took you over is gone and you never wavered from your love or the goodness inside of you. It was Fiend that hurt me and it was another evil that hurt your family. Not you my love. All I have left to teach you is that you must forgive yourself and others to finally gain the peace you need. The light shines from you all you have to do is embrace it..." She said softly as she looked into his eyes...

Dios Kane
Oct 5th, 2002, 07:44:37 AM
:: I turned back to her with a smile but with my brows furrowed.::

But see, I have to find a new way to fight... thats not even the right word now for it. I have to find a new way to... confront evil now. Not necessarily fight it, but face it and be able to prevent damage, and not eliminate it.

:: I sat down and put my arms on my elbows and stared at the ground. I thought about all that had happened so far. I paused and then reached inside my jacket and threw off my guns, bag of rings, and my other weapons I had strapped and holstered within my robes. The only weapons I kept on me would've been my lightsabers but at the moment, all three were in others hands at the moment.::

These aren't useless, they're just all the sudden seems no eternal need for them to be constantly about me.

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 7th, 2002, 12:04:48 AM
Maia pushed her toe against the array of weapons he dropped to the ground in front of them. A look of sadness filled her face. She knew he had always felt the need to protect those he loved, even at the cost of his own heart.

"Dios there was never a need for all of the weapons. The light in you alone was enough to vanquish the darkness. I do believe it was right for you to hunt the evil but you should hunt it with peace in your heart and knowing you are doing the right thing. You y love were never the monster but the darkness that tried to take you wanted you to be one. Hunt them for the right reasons, try to make them see the error of there ways and if that fails try again. But as you think so do I if they hurt the innocent then they must be judged and taken care of."

Dios Kane
Oct 16th, 2002, 05:44:51 PM
:: I shook my head, taking it all in. It was now understood, why I was doing this, not for vengeance or anything like that... Not to get back at Fiend, not to get back at the Shrine for Tomak... but simply to be taken care of. With all the right reasons... that was the only way. I looked up to Maia for a moment and then back at my weapons... I needed more time to think this over.::

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 19th, 2002, 10:26:53 AM
"Let it all go Dios, it does you no good t hold onto it. I to have been troubled by thoughts of fiend and what h has done to us. But I also know That I cannot harbor vengeance in my heart if I am to be a Jedi. It will only open the door to the darkside." She wondered what Dios remembered of the night Fiend had attacked her. Did he remember her calling to him begging for him to help her? Did he remember the pain and the cruel things he had done?

"We can't change the past Dios. What happened was no fault of yours or mine. It happened and I will always love you." She wanted to reassure him that she held no blame for him...

Dios Kane
Oct 25th, 2002, 07:18:32 PM
:: I pulled Maia to me and kissed her. The door to the darkside... I would never touch it again. I had left it open before but it was locked now, and I would never touch that key again. I stood up and rubbed Maia's shoulder.::

I'm gonna go sleep on this for now, all this thinking has made me pretty tired, want to join me for a nap?

:: I didn't really wait for an answer, I turned around and began to walk away, she'd follow if she wanted to, I really was tired now, I just didn't feel like being alone right now.::

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 27th, 2002, 10:24:20 AM
Maia smiled at him as he walked away. She could feel that he had found some peace in what she had said to him. "Of course I want a nap with you Dios my love." She answered as she moved up beside him. She grabbed his hand and entwined her fingers with his. "A nap o something sounds good." She said with a wink...

It had been a long, hard road for him but he had always stayed true to the Jedi ways. Even when taken over by darkness, he had rebelled and fought for the light. He loved the Jedi and there ways and that's what really mattered.