PDA

View Full Version : Thump-Thump-Thump

Robot
Sep 28th, 2002, 11:26:24 PM
Clomp. Clomp. Clomp

The doors of the name it saw was named the Jedi Recruitment centre swung open, accompanied with the whirring of servos and the stomp of steel feet. It came in, coming precisely 10 meters, then stopped, it's head snapping around quickly to take in what it could see.

It certainly was not the normal being - if it could be called that at all. It was a towering 2 meter construct of steel and plastics, a seeming parody of flesh. It waited in position witht he calmness and lack of movement only a machine could achive.

But there was no computer driving the movements of this machine.

At last... I found them. I found the Jedi. Will they be able to help me?

Xazor Elessar
Sep 28th, 2002, 11:33:59 PM
A figure paced the perimeter of the shadows, eyeing a newcomer that had just entered the Recruitment Center. He....or it, was a rather curious being and Xazor wished to keep her distance for the moment. She kept her eyes upon the metal human, as she thought of him, and once she felt safe, she stepped from the shadows. Slowly the light bathed her figured....her face mainly, and revealed a gentle expression that was not hidden by the hood of her black robes.

Slowly she approached the large being, which she had to look up to now as she stood just a meter away from it. The Garou cleared her throat and clasped her hands at her weapons belt, then gathered her thoughts. Would he understand Basic? What is it anyway? She thought to herself, but then decided to push all uncertainties aside and speak to him as she did every other Jedi hopeful.....

"Greetings, I am Warrior Jedi Knight and Council Member, Xazor Dawnstrider. You seek the Jedi this day, yes?"

Xazor questioned softly, bowing just after she did so. Hopefully he would be able to answer her questions today.....and she would be able to understand all that he had to tell her.

Robot
Sep 28th, 2002, 11:45:52 PM
Thermal scanners showed a near-human in the shadows - Robot waited until the female came closer and chose to reveal herself - and to speak.

"Greetings" Robot stated in reply, a metallic clipping in it's words. "I do seek the Jedi. My designation is Robot and I come here because I have question. Designate Robot is a Human-Cyborg, that can do this..."

A small object, a writing device flew off the table and hit the cyborg's outstretched hand.

"... I wish explaination"

Xazor Elessar
Sep 28th, 2002, 11:49:22 PM
Xazor lofted a brow as the one called 'Robot' spoke. His Basic was broken badly, but she could live with it. The Knight listened as he spoke, and then was a bit shocked when suddenly a writing device flew off of a table and met his hand. She smiled, though she was still shocked.

"Well, Robot.....you are able to do that because of the Force. It is quite an amazing thing actually.....and the Jedi use the Force to protect others and help bring goodness to the Galaxy."

She paused a moment and smiled once again, looking up at the Cyborg. It was rather intersting that another of this kind was here, for she had only seen one other that did not stay around very long.

"So if you wish to learn more of this, and you wish to use the Force for goodness.....then you may wish to consider joining the Jedi, if that's what you want."

Robot
Sep 28th, 2002, 11:58:37 PM
"Robot has heard of The Force and that has been computed to be the reason. I wish to learn, yes"

The cyborg still stayed unnaturally still, except for looking at the woman and scanning it's surroundings.

Xazor Elessar
Sep 29th, 2002, 12:00:37 AM
Xazor nodded gently and smiled once again at his answer.

"But will you finish what you begin? This is a most difficult life. You will be hated and hunted by many, yet needed and sought by all. Will you hold your committment to the Jedi Code? It is not something to be taken lightly....."

She said softly, not wishing to frighten him or scare him away....she only spoke the truth though, and knew that he had to hear of it......

Robot
Sep 29th, 2002, 12:05:54 AM
Those questions would have meant somethign to me when I was a human. They dont now

"Hate is not an emotion I am programmed to care about - I was created for law enforcement. Many have hunted, none succeeded. Program the Jedi Code into memory and I will not deviate."

Xazor Elessar
Sep 29th, 2002, 12:08:01 AM
Xazor nodded though she was slightly confused still. How could one without emotion live? It was all too confusing, and she did not try to understand it.

"Very well then......I welcome you to the Greater Jedi Order. You may find yourself a room in the Living Quarters and make some friends in the Bar and Grill. I suggest becomming aclimated with your surroundings.....it will help you a lot."

Robot
Sep 29th, 2002, 12:11:29 AM
"Place to stay I not need. All I need is access to mantenance sheds and recharge facilities, nor place to sleep. Robot needs no sleep. Is there an oil bath Robot can use?"

Xazor Elessar
Sep 29th, 2002, 12:14:59 AM
Xazor had to stifle a laugh for she did not know what he was talking about. Shaking her head sadly, she looked at a few other Jedi hopefuls who were giving her strange looks. Smiling despite the confusion, she let her eyes drift back to him.

"I'm sorry, I do not think that we do. Perhaps, though....we might be able to set one up for you!"

The Knight said with a hopeful tone in her voice. Maybe that could be arranged as was the special oxygen free room for one of the other Padawans.....

ooc: Check your PMs dude. :)

Robot
Sep 29th, 2002, 12:23:21 AM
"Robot will be much thankful for an oil bath. Mechanical joints and electricals need some mantenance and terminal interface for learning. Robot learns by data download"

Xazor Elessar
Sep 29th, 2002, 12:28:01 AM
The Knight shifted her weight on her feet and eyed the Cyborg curiously. He would make an interesting student, no doubt....and the thought of taking him as her own crossed her mind. She had lost a few to the Darkside and death......and was finding it difficult to track down a few of her other Padawans. With great concideration, she smiled and looked up into his 'eyes'.

"Perhaps I can arrange that for you. And another thing......how would you like it if I were to train you?"

Robot
Sep 29th, 2002, 12:55:50 AM
"The correct term is program. I do not train. Programming my memory is what is done and it is refinement of program that imporves Robot. Robot will consent to programming"

Xazor Elessar
Sep 29th, 2002, 10:24:39 AM
Xazor grinned, though this concept was still hard for her to understand. It would be a great challenge, but she was up for it.

"Great! Be at the Academy tomorrow at seven o'clock. Here is a holo map so that you do not get lost."

She said as she pulled a small square object from her robes and then handed it to him.

Robot
Sep 29th, 2002, 06:25:25 PM
A small whirr - but all the cyborg did was look at the map.

"Data processed. Map now in memory. Time period locked. Robot will be in designated place at correct time perioud. Thank you Jedi Dawnstrider"

Xazor Elessar
Sep 29th, 2002, 06:36:43 PM
Xazor smiled and took the holo map back from her Padawan and put it away in her robes. She bowed slightly and began to walk away.

"May the Force be with you......"

She said softly and then disappeared into a crowd of Jedi hopefuls that needed direction....