PDA

View Full Version : The Hardest Thing

Elhaym Cloak
Sep 28th, 2002, 07:47:03 PM
A woman stepped in near the gates. She had clear blue eyes and long bangs of blonde hair. She looked at the dirty ground as she walked up to the gates, her eyes empty. It looked as if they were tired, but nothing else in her looked tired physically. She wore a long black dress that showed her shoulders and had a slit up on the side. She had a porcelain-colored skin, and her hands were laced in front. She tilted her head to the side once she stopped at the gates, then looked up to see if there was anyone looking down on her. She was here to find someone ... Someone who actually ignored her existence, even now. She wondered why she cared, it's been a long time since she cared.

"Hmm ..."

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 29th, 2002, 04:17:02 AM
A small pebble hit the woman's head from above. A glance up would reveal a man leant on the top of the Bast Castle gates, half-perched on one of the columns which wreathed the wrought iron entryway. An amused grin played on his lips as he stared down with fierce cyan eyes into the empty gaze of the visitor.

“Do you want something, or are you just here to stare?” he called down, a haughty tone of arrogance in his voice.

Elhaym Cloak
Sep 29th, 2002, 06:18:26 AM
Elhaym looked up to the man with her empty blue eyes but didn't respond. She was a silent girl, but also didn't feel the need to talk about her needs to a stranger. She put her hand up to her head, where she got hit by the pebble, looking back down through the gates.

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 29th, 2002, 01:05:37 PM
Another pebble of almost exactly the same size struck her on the forehead, though Vega simply smiled, silent.

Elhaym Cloak
Sep 29th, 2002, 03:57:38 PM
Elhaym arched an eyebrow, then stroked her forehead, to soothe the little pain, then just continued staring through the gates. The man looked like nothing more than a bully, and her, she was exactly like she used to be - the bullied.

Zasz Grimm
Sep 30th, 2002, 09:16:16 AM
"Come now Vega, don't antagonize her."

Zasz was stepping through the gates, he had been watching from dark shadow. Vega was being his usual self, or what Zasz had normally seen from the lupine. He grinned as his red eyes seemed to glow from under his gaze as he approached the woman..

"What's your name, and what do you seek?"

Elhaym Cloak
Sep 30th, 2002, 02:55:21 PM
"Elhaym." She answered with a cold tone. "My brother."

She looked up to the man with red eyes, her clear blue eyes still as empty, and her face and actions still as emotionless.

Zasz Grimm
Oct 1st, 2002, 05:50:38 PM
"Everyone seeks something Elhaym, and you seek your brother. Who is he?"

He watched her quietly, taking in her cold stare, her bold actions, her quiet and soft demeanor. She had taken Vega's antagonizing like she was used to it. Why would anyone get used to that?

"And while I am asking Questions, what is your last name, it may further your search for this...brother."

Elhaym Cloak
Oct 1st, 2002, 06:04:26 PM
"Cloak." Elhaym murmured. "My last name is Cloak."

Zasz Grimm
Oct 1st, 2002, 06:27:59 PM
"Jeseth Cloak?"

He was taken back. His former masters Sister?! He had a sister!? Zasz had no idea as he looked to her and he nodded his head, his red pupils gleaming off the light for a second.

"I'm Zasz Grimm, former apprentice to your brother."

He stepped up to her and then arched his brow.

"Is there any particular reason that you need to speak to him?"

Elhaym Cloak
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:10:46 AM
Elhaym stepped back once as Zasz approached her.

"No ..." She murmured.

She then stood there, her back straight, and shook her head.

"He's my brother. I'm his sister. Do I really need a reason to talk or even see him ?"

Zasz Grimm
Oct 3rd, 2002, 03:46:46 PM
"Well, you see, many people request an audience with Jeseth, and it seems as of late he has no time for anyone at all. "

How very foolish. Just because she was his sister didn't mean that he had to pay her any attention. After all, he no doubt had better things to do than talk to her.

Elhaym Cloak
Oct 4th, 2002, 02:29:54 PM
"Well, I have enough time for the both of us." She replied, annoyance almost showing in her eyes.

Jeseth Cloak
Oct 12th, 2002, 10:51:20 AM
Jeseth glanced up at the gates as he strolled through them and into the castle's courtyard. He felt dwarfed by comparison... Bast was more than a mere structure, looming upon the face of Vjun. It held within it secrets, knowledge... and power. His dark eyes glanced around, then locked onto Zasz and Van Derveld, watching as they taunted a winged intruder - What?

Jeseth's mind suddenly snapped taught at the sight of them. Wings... and her features. She is another survivor He questioned for a moment if he should interfere at all. He new Van Derveld by reputation to be blood thirsty. If he did nothing, she would die, and with her would be lost a story which Jeseth longed to hear.

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 12th, 2002, 10:55:31 AM
“Cloak cloak cloak! My name is Vega Cloak!”

Pushing his palm down against the top of the pillar on which he was perched, he propelled himself up into the air and descended upon the girl, landing crouched in front of her. Snapping up quickly to stand, he grinned.

“And he is Zasz Sha!” he said through a laugh as he swiped one arm out to point to Zasz.

“What’s to say I’m not Jeseth’s cousins brothers long lost uncle twice removed on his mothers’ side, hmm?”

The hand that had been aimed at Zasz became locked against the woman’s throat.

“…I wonder how easily you will die.”

Elhaym Cloak
Oct 12th, 2002, 01:34:26 PM
"...."

Elhaym winced as the man's hand tightened around her throat. She put her hand on his wrist gently, still glaring at him with her clear blue eyes. Her wings arched down as she was defenseless.

"I am Elhaym Cloak, and I wish to see ... Ugh .. Jeseth Cloak, my brother ..!"

imported_Taja Loraan
Oct 15th, 2002, 01:17:41 PM
Do not forsake her, Jeseth.

The disembodied voice lilted in his ears, silent to all except the winged Dark Jedi. Taja was sitting at the base of one of the great pillars bordering the entrance to Bast, her knees raised to touch her chin and arms wrapped protectively around them. No one could see her here, which was for the best; a single tear rolled down her right cheek, staining her ashen face.

Do not forsake those already lost.

Jeseth Cloak
Oct 17th, 2002, 11:50:48 AM
Jeseth contemplated what Taja had said. For now he would keep this woman alive... "Van Derveld, let her be. I have something to discuss with her... It's doubtful that she is of any relation to me, but I'll know of her origins just as well." Jeseth stepped up to Elhaym, who was just barely still writhing in Vega's clutches. He could see the hesitation in the lycanthrope's eyes - it appeared as if Van Derveld didn't particularly want to release her.

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 17th, 2002, 11:55:27 AM
“… You’re no fun, Cloak.”

Shoving the woman off to the side, he turned away, folded his arms over his chest, and retreated to a suitable distance to watch from; visibly miffed.

Zasz Grimm
Oct 18th, 2002, 07:38:11 AM
He watched Vega's rant with a slight grin. For him to be a Sha, such was very funny indeed.

He looked to Jeseth and he stepped backward from the girl and from his former Master...

Elhaym Cloak
Oct 18th, 2002, 10:07:58 AM
Elhaym ran her pale fingers on her neck as she was shoved aside. She coughed slightly, shaking her head slowly.

"..."

Jeseth Cloak
Oct 18th, 2002, 10:50:45 AM
Jeseth dismissed Vega's attitude with a wave of his hand. Fun, adventure... a Dark Jedi would seek not those things - though... they had such appeal that he couldn't blame Van Derveld, either.

"Well?" Jeseth looked down at the girl on the ground, his eyes narrowing dangerously. "I'm waitining." The tone in his voice grew impatient...

Elhaym Cloak
Oct 19th, 2002, 07:26:52 AM
"...."

Elhaym stood up slowly, walking in direction of her brother but her gaze locked on the ground.

Jeseth Cloak
Oct 21st, 2002, 07:40:10 PM
He was still skeptical, even now. She was being awfully quiet... and the only thing that could be heard was the grinding of Jeseth's boots against the volcanic rock he walked on, and the flowing of hot lava. Heat waves permeated the atmosphere for miles around, floating up from natural springs of magma that ran alongside Bast, scaring the face of Vjun.

The pale Dark Jedi lifted his hand to Elhaym's chin and lifted up her face. The Force at once connected through them like a circuit, flowing effortlessly between them. He could feel her emotions burning inside him... what sadness. So... you're my sister. Why did you wait until now?

Elhaym Cloak
Oct 23rd, 2002, 04:05:14 PM
I didn't believe you existed. She replied almost immediately through the same circuit.

Her head was lifted gently, but nothing else changed. Her hands were still held together, her clear blue eyes still as empty. She couldn't really see much resemblance between the two except their wings. She started to doubt if this was a good idea again.

Jeseth Cloak
Oct 25th, 2002, 08:30:30 AM
Jeseth continued to examine her... On the world of Ambriel II there were two races, and both had diverged from the same species. One of the races was pale with no skin pigmentation. This was likely the result of living on a continent that was perpetually blanketed by darkness...

The other race however, dwelt on a continent that was perpetually smothered with light. They were a savage and uncivilized people, caring nothing for art, science, or cultural advancement. They developed eye and skin pigmentations due to their constant exposure to the system's major star, and were for the most part cannibals.

She looked like one of them, and not at all like Jeseth. He was left speechless.

Elhaym Cloak
Oct 25th, 2002, 08:36:48 AM
You're beginning to question yourself, Jeseth ?

Elhaym tilted her head to the side, locking her blue gaze with his.

Jeseth Cloak
Oct 30th, 2002, 09:19:28 PM
No... I do not question myself. I question you. Your existence troubles me. I did not foresee your arrival... The Light Side clouds everything. Her eyes were cold, like two pools of chilled water. Their relation could be seen, but only slightly... What have you come here seeking? That you know my location implies that you also know what I am...

Elhaym Cloak
Nov 21st, 2002, 07:32:08 AM
"....."

Elhaym remained silent. Her sad gaze fell to the ground and a discreet sigh escaped her mouth. Yes, she knew. It'd be lying if she would've said she wasn't shocked.

"Yes, I know."

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 6th, 2002, 04:05:27 AM
"Let's talk inside..." Jeseth's voice carried a tone had been heard by none before her: that of a brother speaking to his sister. He didn't like having met her here and now, or having realized that she was so different... but she was the only true family he had. Warren Azalin (Jeseth's half-brother) was little more than a fool, and in time Jeseth would end his life.

Slayn looked to Jeseth as a father, but he was not Jeseth's son. He was only a clone who had lost all traces of sanity. Elhaym was the last person in the galaxy who shared his true blood. Jeseth had no choice but to accept her... and hope that in time she would help him achieve his dreams - something that Warren had never tried to do.