PDA

View Full Version : Wake up, lazybones! (closed, Wei)

P'u
Sep 27th, 2002, 09:13:18 AM
P'u woke up from where he had slept on the floor. His son had offered him and Te the bed, but they refused. P'u just liked the floor better.

"Wake up, son!" P'u said in a loud voice. "We have a lot to do!"

P'u went to the kitchen area and began to make a quick breakfast for himself and his son.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 27th, 2002, 09:18:43 AM
Wei woke up, rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and put on his glasses.

"I can imagne."

Wei watched his dad prepare breakfast.

"What exactly is there to do today?"

Wei got up and changed out of his sleeping clothes and went to join his dad in the kitchen.

"What's for breakfast?"

P'u
Sep 27th, 2002, 09:23:20 AM
P'u smiled as he took some slices of bread and tore out a hole in the middle.

"take care of this," he said, handing the bread he had torn out to Wei.

"One eyed-jacks!" P'u siad, setting a pan on the stove and putting the bread in it. Then he cracked an egg and dumped the yolk in the hole he had made.

"SLice of cheese, please."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 27th, 2002, 09:27:45 AM
Wei shoved the bread in his mouth and gave his dad a slice of cheese.

"So, I take it Mom has decided to take the wedding in her own hands."

Wei retrieved a plate for his father to put the food on.

P'u
Sep 27th, 2002, 09:30:48 AM
"That's right. Your mother is very good at these sorts of things. She knows how to use her resources. that's one of the things that I love most about her."

P'u had another one-eyed jack in the pan, and had just flipped it over. Taking another slice of cheese from his son, he set it on the bread and let it melt a little before he scooped it up and set it on the plate.

"We are to go and buy the wedding rings, and also find the church you are to be wed in. After breakfast, we will take care of hygeine and then we are out the door. Your mother will be using the cart today, so we will be walking."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 27th, 2002, 09:36:09 AM
Wei's stomach growled. "Breakfast smells good."

Wei got some glasses out of the cupboard and retreived some orange juice. Wei poured the glasses, then put the juice away.

"Ok, Dad. Sounds good."

A few short minutes, and Wei and P'u had five one eyed jacks a piece. They ate quickly, but politely, and then they bruished their teeth and washed their faces and headed out the door.

P'u
Sep 28th, 2002, 09:24:59 PM
P'u jogged down the hall.

"Come on, we have much to do."

P'u jumped the stairs, clearing an entire flight in one bound.

"First stop, the rings!"

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 28th, 2002, 09:27:25 PM
Wei ran on the wall, reaching the bottom of the stairs just before his dad.

"I think there is a jewelers downtown."

Wei held the door open for his dad, and they burst out together, running as fast as they could.

"What a strange sort of adventure."

P'u
Sep 28th, 2002, 09:29:29 PM
P'u laughed.

"That it is."

The two ran out to the street, and began running amongst the speeders and other vehicles, finally jumping on the back of one carrying lots of cargo.

"Now we will get there much faster. This thing is bound to go right to the middle of town."

And it did.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 28th, 2002, 09:37:53 PM
Wei and his father jumped off of the vehicle and began to walk down the street, looking for the jewelry store.

"Now where is that place?"

Wei looked about, trying to find the store. But try as he might, Wei could not focus. His mind drifted off to the wedding day, and he imagined the times after that.

Suddenly, a door swung open and Wei almost ran into it.

"Whoa!"

Wei stopped and took a good look at the door. It said, "Jenny's Jewels" And below that was, "one gem of a price."

Wei smiled. "Well, what do you know?"

P'u
Sep 28th, 2002, 09:40:24 PM
P'u walked through the open door.

"This seems to be the place."

P'u went to the counter. "My son is having a wedding, and he needs to buy some wedding rings. Wei, come here, and let them take your measurement!"

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 28th, 2002, 09:48:01 PM
Wei came in, still looking at the door that had nearly hit him in the face.

"Door..."

Wei walked over to the counter and held out his hand. The person took the measurement and wrote it down.

"And the young lady?" The jeweler asked.

P'u
Sep 28th, 2002, 09:50:06 PM
P'u handed the jeweler a small pouch.

"Make it the same size as this ring."

P'u turned. "Your mother is not only a good cook, and a great wife, but she is good at thievery. She has a light touch. She has taken so many things from my pockets, and yours, when you were trying to hide things."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 28th, 2002, 09:53:10 PM
Wei remembered all of the things he would shove in his pockets, and remembered how he would tell her he was not hiding anything. She would ask him for a hug, and Wei thought he had gotten away with it. He also remembered wondering where the thing he was hiding went to.

"So that is what happened to all those candies..."

Wei looked about the store. "So many pieces of jewelry..."

P'u
Oct 1st, 2002, 11:32:49 AM
P'u nodded. "Yes, there are many beautiful items on sale here. But we are after 2 very important items. They will be your reminders of your marriage."

P'u found a jade article.

"There is a saying among the ancient races that jade was a talisman to keep evil spirits away."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 1st, 2002, 11:34:05 AM
Wei looked at the jade in his father's hand.

"How is that?"

Wei took the jade from his father.

P'u
Oct 1st, 2002, 11:37:01 AM
"It stops evil spells, but when the jade turns black, it has lost its power. If an evil person touches the jade, it burns them."

P'u had often used that piece of legend to sell jade to people he met in his travels.

At long last, the rings came.

"Thank you," P'u said to the employee, paid for the things, and turned to his son.

"Time to go now, son. Leave the jade here."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 1st, 2002, 11:38:19 AM
Wei put the jade on the counter and walked out of the store behind his father.

"I wasn;t planning on taking it, you know."

Of course P'u knew, but old habits die hard: Wei was always going to be his fther's little boy.

"Now we have to find that church, right?"

P'u
Oct 1st, 2002, 11:41:47 AM
P'u nodded. "I think that the best church will be one out in the countryside."

P'u looked up and down the street.

"This way, son," he said, taking a left.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 1st, 2002, 11:48:42 AM
Wei turned left and walked beside his father.

"Ok, Dad."

The streets were full of traffic, and the side walks were even worse. Suddenly, Wei grabbed someone's hand.

"Pickpocket, eh?"

Wei leaned in close, then passed his hand in front of the man;s face.

"You will not pick pockets ever again. You will put those nimble fingers to a better use."

The pickpocket nodded in agreement, then went off to find a decent job.

"Hey! It worked!"

Wei had read a book in the Temple about the famed "Jedi Mind Trick," but had never had a chance to use it until now.

P'u
Oct 1st, 2002, 11:55:24 AM
P'u turned to his son.

"What did?"

P'u and Wei stepped out into a less crowded section of the sidewalk.

"This way," P;u said, turning right.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 1st, 2002, 12:00:34 PM
Wei smiled. "It's a Force maneuver that allows me to convince a person of whatever I want. Like I just persuaded that man to not pickpockets anymore."

P'u
Oct 1st, 2002, 12:02:51 PM
P'u nodded. "Wei, I want you to use that trick as little as you can. Forcing another person to see things your way is not a good way to change someone's mind. Whether you use violence or hypnotize them into agree with you is unimportant. They have to want to change."

P'u noticed the buildings. "Such tall buidlings, all crammed together. When they start to get smaller, and more spaced out, we will know that we are almost to the countryside."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 1st, 2002, 12:08:21 PM
Wei considered his father's advice.

"Yes, sir."

Wei noticed the buildings too, and raised an eyebrow.

"I never gave the buidlings much thought here..."

Wei had never been into the middle of the city before, only the outside edges when he went to the Bar and Grill and when he went grocery shopping.

"Let's run, Dad."

P'u
Oct 1st, 2002, 12:11:39 PM
P'u took a deep breath and let it out again.

"Have patience, son. We will get there soon enough. You don't want to wear yourself out."

P'u wondered what Te and Ange were doing. Te would not have made a quick breakfast for Ange like P'u had for Wei. They would be taking their time. P'u's breakfast was quick to make because that was all he knew how to make.

"Son, you have no idea how lucky you are to have a mother who taught you how to cook."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 1st, 2002, 12:19:50 PM
Wei nodded his head as he listened to his father.

"I wonder what Ange will look like in her wedding dress..."

He kicked at the ground, like Aiden probably would have if he had been bored.

"Once we get the church, we will have to let all my people know when and where the wedding will be held."

Wei wanted all of the planning to be over with. He was anxious for the wedding to begin and then be over with.

"Why do we have to have big ceremionies when people get married?"

P'u
Oct 1st, 2002, 12:22:18 PM
P'u laughed. He had thought the same thing numerous times, but he had never given it any thought.

"I don;t know why that is son. But I think it would just be better to accept it as something that happens when people get married."

The buildings had begun to shrink, and seemed to be allowing each other some more elbow room.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 1st, 2002, 12:24:04 PM
Wei nodded again.

"I guess I will have to do that, won;t I?"

A smell caught Wei's nostrils.

"Animals...the market that I buy groceries from is around here!"

Wei and Lion had also had a hoverboard race through this market, but that had been a while ago.

P'u
Oct 1st, 2002, 12:28:06 PM
P'u smiled. "That means that we are nearer to the countryside."

P'u stretched and began to feel more energetic. Then his stomach growled.

"Let's go get a snack from a fruit vendor. I'll race you!"

P'u was of like a shot, with his son walking behind him.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 1st, 2002, 12:32:44 PM
Wei shook his head when he realized what his father had said.

"I'll beat you there yet!"

Wei focused the Force into his speed, and soon caught his father.

"You're too slow, Dad!"

Wei overtook his father and raced out into the market place, taking a right and arriving at the fruit stand.

P'u
Oct 1st, 2002, 12:34:06 PM
P'u smiled proudly as he arrived at the stall a few minutes after his son did.

"You have gotten a lot faster, Wei Wu Wei," He said, leaning on the stall to rest.

"We would like 2 oranges and 4 apples, please," he panted to the vendor.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 1st, 2002, 12:39:21 PM
The vendor, a teenaged girl, looked at P'u and giggled, then batted an eyelash at Wei as she gave him the fruits. Wei gave her some money, then handed an orange and two apples to his dad.

"So, once we get this food down our gullets, which way?"

P'u
Oct 1st, 2002, 12:41:30 PM
P'u had noticed the vendor flirting with his son, and laughed.

'My son is handsome, yes?"

P'u laughed then, took a bite out of one of the apples. He chewed quickly, then swallowed before answering Wei.

"We go straight this way for a few miles."

P'u pointed down the street.

"Just follow the path."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 1st, 2002, 12:44:51 PM
Wei smiled. "Then once Mom sees the church, we can start planning when we are going to have the wedding."

Wei smiled. "I can hardly wait to get married."

The vendor made no more attempts to get Wei's attention, other than to shoo them away from her stand.

"I wonder what is the matter with her?" Wei asked. He had not seen the vendor bat her eyelashes at him.

Wei got to work peeling his orange as he and his father continued to walk down the street, towards the countryside.

P'u
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:45:45 AM
The two walked through the market, neither one saying a word until they left the buildings and entered open country.

"She was flirting with you. You did not see it, I guess."

P'u saw a farmer leaving the market on his own small cart.

"Pardon me, sir, but can we please get a ride?"