View Full Version : Lamenting

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 27th, 2002, 03:18:01 AM
Hi.

I'm a mod.

I'm also a person.

I have friends.

I have responsibilities.

They can conflict. It happens. When this happens, consider it a bit of professional schizophrenia. I have my personal opinions, and I also have obligations to uphold, which even I myself might not even enjoy doing. You think I like breaking up arguments? I'm not a sadist. Cross-fire sucks. I get no thrill from it. When I'm doing moddy things, its because its a dirty job, and nobody else is stupid enough to do it. It is me, interpreting policy that this entire board has come to consensus on. It isn't me doing things that I'd like. Because I don't generally like to be bothered with messes. So, when I do aforementioned moddy things, don't take it personally for God's sake! This goes for anybody who has the same unfortunate tasks. You can't single me out for policy, or any other single person. We aren't being arbitrary. Moddy stuff eats my beloved precious free time, and I'd rather do things I enjoy.

So think about this next time you have a problem with a mod or an admin making a decision, taking his or her own time to take a flying leap into a meat grinder to lube down a problem for you. If you're gonna take it personally, then you're taking it personally with all of them. They're interchangeable in that regard. Its really sad that this happens, and I'm more than a little upset right now. Some want to speak their mind, and ok...but realize who you're speaking to, next time. Its easy to forget that behind "Mod" or "Admin", there are people, instead of faceless positions that don't see when people can be malicious :\

Lord Que
Sep 27th, 2002, 03:22:29 AM
lol, i dont even consider anyone staff anymore, just a big group of rpers...

wait, I take that back, Navara, shes definatly an authority figure...

Leeloo Mina
Sep 27th, 2002, 03:29:40 AM
I don't really think of people as staff either.

I didn't really notice or pay any attention before today but people do seem to forget that mods aren't just faceless drones picking on them. There actually are people hiding behind that computer screen.

They aren't all set against you just because they edit your post or tell you can't do something.. that's what they have to do to keep this place fun. You should respect not them.. I'm not saying fear them.. but at least LISTEN to what they say.

Emiliana
Sep 27th, 2002, 03:29:50 AM
--Whaps Gue-- Be nice! It's a VERY pissed off looking Mod.

And Mister Moddy...I'm sorry if I've added to the problem in any way in the past. --Hugs--

Lord Que
Sep 27th, 2002, 03:30:42 AM
MY EYE!!!!

Riley Chambers
Sep 27th, 2002, 08:16:45 AM
I dunno who's mod or who's not. The only ones I'm afraid of are the admins. :lol Just kidding. ;) I don't even know who the admins are.

Moltar
Sep 27th, 2002, 08:43:14 AM
::Gives the Mod a beer.::

Now I'd like to see you all deal with Space Ghost!

Leeloo Mina
Sep 27th, 2002, 08:47:33 AM
I'm <a href=http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20562&highlight>obviously</a> not afraid of the admins :)

Lord Que
Sep 27th, 2002, 11:55:04 AM
or just one admin...

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 27th, 2002, 02:29:41 PM
Point also: staff at this board are not paid to put up with bullcrap. V-O-L-U-N-T-E-E-R-S.

Leeloo Mina
Sep 28th, 2002, 01:58:37 AM
I just feel that I have to point out that someone has to pay for this nice board and domain name..

Sasseeri Reeouurra
Sep 28th, 2002, 02:03:08 AM
yes yes good pojint, Leeloo Mjina.

Jinn Fizz
Sep 28th, 2002, 08:48:32 AM
Amen, amen, amen, Mr. Diego...I'd love to copy your post and add it to our FAQ at CCnet. It really is a shame when something that's supposed to be a fun escape becomes such a source of stress that you're about ready to chuck it all. :\

Personally, I want to give a big ol' hearty handshake to all the mods and admins here, y'all do a great job. :) :) :)