PDA

View Full Version : Access lists to GJO

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 27th, 2002, 01:41:41 AM
(The below is not directed at Mr. Fans - just want to make that clear. Were pretty comfortable if you need to access GJO forums under different names if needed)

Hey look, this isnt on.

If you want access to Avalon under a different id, dont just help yourself if your not a nominatied GJO Admin. It's for the GJO admins to control those lists only. It's simply saying it's been very recently noted and it's acceptible. Ask of us, it's not a big issue. But it is an issue if it's taken without our knowledge.

Thank you al, now back to the cheap muscat

TheHolo.Net
Sep 27th, 2002, 03:09:36 AM
There has only been a single instance where I edited the GJO access list in any way besides excluding newly appointed mods of other forums since they normally get access when made a mod of any forum by default. That single instance was the Chase and Lance incident from last week which I was sure to post regarding in the GJO administration forum, letting it be known I had done so and why.

Mods of other group forums do not have access to the GJO forum's access lists, but our RP moderators: Fett, Dale, Sanis, Yog, and Pierce would be able to access them through their CPs. They however should not be doing so unless they are listed as GJO moderators at the top of the GJO forums. At least that is my opnion.

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 27th, 2002, 03:25:29 AM
After talking to Yog and Figrin, we're pretty much of the same opinion.

Just be said once again, nothing you have done has raised this. You have done what you commented on so because of a request or it had to be done. And that's cool as by me. Despite what some twat said in the OOC forum tonight, your doing a great job.

We're pretty sure now whom it was and we will be addressing it directly to that person. It was a clear overstep.

Sanis Prent
Sep 27th, 2002, 03:35:27 AM
eep...that would be me ^_^;

Yes, I added a few of my alts to Avolon's access, cause I'm frequently in a different char, and already had access, thus considered no harm in it. I can revoke if needed though.

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 27th, 2002, 03:38:30 AM
Look, I dont have a probelm with it if you go via the proper channels, I really dont. I'll let present access stand - just please see one of the GJO Admins first in future.

Ta mate :)

Sanis Prent
Sep 27th, 2002, 03:40:08 AM
K...I'm gonna go make myself a valium sandwich. Its been that kind of day.

Sanis Prent
Sep 27th, 2002, 03:42:02 AM
Oh wait...I *am* a GJO mod ^_^;

(Feels effects of valium overdose. Melts.)

TheHolo.Net
Sep 27th, 2002, 03:47:03 AM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
Oh wait...I *am* a GJO mod ^_^;

(Feels effects of valium overdose. Melts.)
Taken from page header at GJO
(Moderated by: AmazonBabe, Figrin D'an, Jedi Master Leia Solo, Marcus Q'Dunn, Master Yoghurt, Morgan Evanar, Sage Hazzard, Selena Kyle)o_O

Oh yeah I remember now. Yogs and Arcan mods are forum specific, and would not have access to the allow list for Avalon.

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 27th, 2002, 03:52:53 AM
Sometimes it's confusing to say Mod when there are two levels of Mods. When I say GJO Admin, it's to refer to the RP'ers responsible for overall GJO, not just forum specific.

Sorry for confusion.

Sanis Prent
Sep 27th, 2002, 04:23:41 AM
:x

(considering hara-kiri)

TheHolo.Net
Sep 27th, 2002, 04:29:28 AM
I’m not trying to come down on anyone here, just trying to clarify what a forum specific mod, a group forum mod, and a RP mod can do ability wise via the software, since I am responsible for the hacks that allow such abilities.

ReaperFett
Sep 27th, 2002, 07:43:40 AM
Just to say, I would only go into a GJO locked forum if A- I was asked to for a reason or B- I had a reason to and cleared it

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 27th, 2002, 11:06:18 PM
*sneaks inside all the time and reads all of GJO's dirty mail* ^_^;

just kidding, of course.

I'm confused as to the GJO mods, but I think I have it straight.

You have GJO whole board mods, which Marcus affectionately calls "GJO Admins." Then you have some forum SPECIFIC mods ?? which are just "GJO Mods."

Sanis is a GJO Mod and an RPing mod, which means he has uber powers, and he simply got a little confused. *huggles Sanis and carefully takes hari-kiri knife away from him*

^_^;

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 28th, 2002, 12:07:07 AM
Yes, like I can only do mod-type things in Arcan and Yogs, whereas other mods can do whatever they like wherever they like. :)

Xazor Elessar
Sep 28th, 2002, 11:54:18 PM
Can I have my other characters have access to Avalon and the Mod forum too? I am always in diff. characters and it's a pain to switch back and forth.....and since I am Forum specific, I can't do anything about it...... :\

Sanis Prent
Sep 29th, 2002, 06:56:51 PM
No! You must go through proper channels and contact a GJO admin OR DIE! >D

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 29th, 2002, 07:01:09 PM
PM me Xaz.

Xazor Elessar
Sep 29th, 2002, 07:02:06 PM
Okay Mark! ;)

Nupraptor
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:04:55 PM
As an admin, I pretty much have access to everywhere without the need to edit access masks. That said, I do often check the Temple Avalon under this account (since I do have access with another account). This might create confusion, since it's possible to have seen "Nupraptor" on the "Users Browsing This Forum" list. If it's really a big deal, I can log into my other account to check that forum.