PDA

View Full Version : I'm training here, open to anyone who's willing to join

Dios Kane
Sep 25th, 2002, 04:31:14 PM
:: I was much relieved to be released from the hold of Fiend. And I was even happier to be back training. I stood to the side of pillar of rocks. Well... it wasn't really standing, more like standing on one hand while trying to balance my legs in the air. I couldn't look up either, I had to use the force to se the balanced pillar of rocks before me. They were being held up by small and minute pushes and shoves by me that made sure they didn't topple, and there was also me that I was tryin to keep balanced too. I'd read about this exercise in a book somewhere, I figured it 'd work pretty good after some more practise.::

Straffe Stormrider
Sep 26th, 2002, 03:56:10 PM
Straffe was waling around in search of a new training partner when he came across a strange man on a pillar. He walked up to it and looked up.
"Hey dude, better watch out. If you fall it's gonna hurt"
He spoke those words with a smile on his face. Woundering what the man was doing

Dios Kane
Sep 28th, 2002, 09:39:59 PM
:: The sudden verbal assault upon my training threw the whole concentration part off and I fell to the ground in a laughing heap. That had been funny nonetheless so I sat there and laughed a bit more before standing up and extending my hand to the guy before me who had been nice enough to lend me the way down from there.::

Dios Kane, at your service, I am quite aware of the pain of gravity. It is a pain in the @$$ and in the neck. I must say.

Straffe Stormrider
Sep 29th, 2002, 10:18:14 AM
Straffe grabed a hold of his forearm and smiled. He was more custom to a warriors handshake.
"Straffe Stormrider is my name, Strider is my game"
He had a grin on his face

Dios Kane
Sep 29th, 2002, 12:02:20 PM
:: I knew the warrior's handshake also and it had been awhile since I'd come across another that would've known it too so I gladly returned it. But this guy was all too familiar.::

You know Lance I'm guessing?

Straffe Stormrider
Sep 30th, 2002, 07:52:02 PM
Straffe smiled as he ran his fingers through his hair.
"Ya he's my cousin"
He had a smile on his face

Dios Kane
Oct 4th, 2002, 03:14:51 PM
Nice, well, good to meet ya, now you want to continue to bother me or join me in training?

:: I sat back down, I was still in the force exercises, maybe I'd be up to a spar later but I had to keep to the task.::

Straffe Stormrider
Oct 4th, 2002, 04:31:46 PM
Straffe nodded his head

"Sure...What are we doing?"

Straffe walked over and sat down beside him

Dios Kane
Oct 4th, 2002, 06:15:48 PM
:: I gave him a sideays look and a smirk before I spoke.::

Well, I was TRYING to achieve a balance with the force; I read in a book that unimaginable things were done rather easy if you could just achieve a certain level of meditation with the force. That was what I was testing, trying to understand my limits through that exercise before. I was standing with one hand on a pillar of several rocks, using the balance of the force to keep myself steady with minor adjustments and keeping the pillar strong with minute pushes and pulls with the force. It required a lot of concentration, let me tell you.
But anyways, another thing I learned from the book, something to do with a partner was to have a small compitetion.

:: I pointed to the rock by itself, sitting in front of the both of us.::

It's like a game of horse, the whole point is not to do the best trick though, but perform a feet with the force and repeat it, lettin ghte force flow through you, you must learn to imitate the action that was just done before, perfect synchronization is the point of the game, down to the very second. Understand?

Straffe Stormrider
Oct 4th, 2002, 06:46:18 PM
Straffe smiled

"I'm up for it..."

Straffe raised his hand and slowly lifted the rock off the ground

Dios Kane
Oct 4th, 2002, 09:18:51 PM
Is that all you're gonna do? You go first and then I'll mimic it.

Straffe Stormrider
Oct 7th, 2002, 02:11:10 PM
Straffe grinned as he made the rock sway back and forth in the air. He then concentreated and the rock exploded like it self combusted.

"What about that?"

Dios Kane
Oct 12th, 2002, 05:19:46 PM
:: I shook I head. The rock before me floated into the air and I snapped. The rock broke apart and fell to the ground and I turned my head to him.::

Great job, you can push stuph apart. Hehe, my turn.

:: My hand lifted slightly and my eyes closed. The rock flew forward from the otherside of the area at a quick speed and stopped a few milimeters from Straffe's nose.::

Now if you can't do it that well, I'll understand, just don't hit me in the face, alright?

Straffe Stormrider
Oct 13th, 2002, 02:15:31 PM
Straffe started to laugh

"You under estimate me"

Straffe concentrated for a bit and from behind him a rock came flying. He tilted his head to the right as it just went by him, making his hair fly everywhere. He closed his eyes as it flew towards Dios's face. He then opened them as it was just milimeters away and stoped. Straffe grinned

"Told you...Dont under estimate the powers of a Stormrider"

Dios Kane
Oct 16th, 2002, 05:35:26 PM
:: I made a mock face of surprise.::

I was just saying...

:: I grabbed the rock floating in front of my face and flicked it, using the force to increase its speed, it flew across the room but turned sharply before hitting the wall and then zoomed to another wall and then turned sharply and flew back to Straffe's face.::

But the whole breaking things just isn't my taste anymore.

Straffe Stormrider
Oct 19th, 2002, 11:37:16 AM
Straffe stuck out his hand and created a force feild and watched as the rock hit it. Peices went everywhere.

"What else you got?"

Dios Kane
Oct 19th, 2002, 09:01:13 PM
:: Dios grimaced as he held up a rock and it slowly hovered above his hand.::

Well, I learned this...

:: The rock spun and then suddenly was scorched in a quick fire.::

From a very bad experience, but it doesnt do much but start my barbecue in the winter, not much to do with setting things on fire, too much collateral damage. How about a spar?

Straffe Stormrider
Oct 20th, 2002, 10:35:53 AM
Straffe smiled

"I thaught youd never ask"

He pulled out his sword. He then flicked a switch on the handle and it ignighted to a sabar

Dios Kane
Oct 25th, 2002, 07:12:22 PM
:: I shook my head, no longer smiling.::

Anticipating a fight is not exactly jedi, trust me, it'll come around eventually.

:: I drew out the drinking angel and the orange blade slung out with a deep hiss. I stood there and waited for Straffe to move.::

Straffe Stormrider
Oct 26th, 2002, 01:28:37 PM
Straffe understood where he was comeing from. He quickly dashed towards him and horizontall slashed him

Dios Kane
Oct 26th, 2002, 02:55:16 PM
:: I used the force to reverse Straffe's momentum and his slash was thrown in the opposite direction. I stepped forward and increased my speed with the force. In a blur, I started off with defensive slashes and then lunged as my orange blade came down like lightning, a broad arc that Straffe would have to dodge, and as I slashed, I checked myself, I would not let a reversal happen to me.::

Straffe Stormrider
Oct 26th, 2002, 04:50:26 PM
Straffe side stepped to evade the attack. He then dasehed and did a flying side kick into his ribs. He then let his left foot fallow through with a heel kick to the face

Dios Kane
Oct 26th, 2002, 10:38:57 PM
:: I took the kick with a grunt in the side and then my hand came up and caught the kick to the face. I grabbed him by the ankle and slung him straight into the ground. I leaped and stabbed my saber through his shoulder. It was on spar mode so all it did was shock him. I leaped back and grimaced.::

You're dead my friend.

Straffe Stormrider
Oct 27th, 2002, 11:16:27 AM
Straffe got up holding his shoulder

"Not really"

He used Force Speed to appear behind him and then lunged onto his back. Sending him sliding on the floor. He then jumped into the air and braught his sabar down towards him

Dios Kane
Nov 2nd, 2002, 02:13:58 AM
:: I frowned and didn't even put any effort into it as I sidestepped the noob and brought my saber up. I initiated the Drinking Angel's high frequency module and the saber seemed to pass right through Straffe's own weapon. My saber, on spar, went straight through Straffe's neck, stunning him from the body down. As he fell, I grabbed him by the neck with one hand and pulled his face closer.::

yeah, really.

Straffe Stormrider
Nov 2nd, 2002, 12:39:29 PM
Straffe couldnt feel his body. He didnt know what happened. Sweat started to form around his forehead

"Ok ...Ok...Im dead"

Dios Kane
Nov 2nd, 2002, 11:19:47 PM
:: I smiled and laid the kid down in a comfortable position and sat next to him, waiting for his feeling to grow back.::

Don't get cocky, most darksiders are and they get dealt the same way. Good try though, very fast, with more training you might not make a breeze when you move so quickly.

Straffe Stormrider
Nov 5th, 2002, 06:01:00 PM
Straffe couldnt help but chuckle as he laid there

"Ya...I guss I have to train harder"

Dios Kane
Nov 6th, 2002, 10:00:34 PM
you and me bro, training is never done, physically and mentally.

Straffe Stormrider
Nov 7th, 2002, 08:39:18 AM
Straffe looked a bit puzzled

"What do you mean training is never done?"

Dios Kane
Nov 7th, 2002, 12:32:24 PM
That's what I mean, you are never really a master of the force, or of how to fight, because something that you never expected to happen will happen and when it does, how does training help you then? You have to learn from the new and actually train because sometimes somethings are repeated. Know that you only train to learn something that has already been done, it's when you do something that no one can fight against because there is no training for it that you've really become a master.

That's a lot of philisophacal stuph I know, but if you think really hard, it makes sense sorta.

Straffe Stormrider
Nov 8th, 2002, 12:58:05 PM
Straffe wanted to scratch his head cause he was a bit confused. After hearing over and over again in his head it made sense.

"You have a point but its good to train with other people because not everybody is the same"

Dios Kane
Nov 10th, 2002, 01:50:32 PM
:: I nodded::

I didn't say it was bad, just that training really prepares you to fight the same thing, even if it is a new encounter, after that, you'll know how to stop that kind of attack, but not when a new serious force comes... then you'll truly have training.

Straffe Stormrider
Nov 13th, 2002, 07:05:50 PM
Straffe started to get the feeling back in his body. He slowly started to move

" You wanna continue or call it a day?"

Dios Kane
Nov 15th, 2002, 03:23:50 PM
Nah... I'm tired myself. I wanna drink, if you want, you can meet me there later and we'll talk.

:: I pushed myself upwards and smiled. He waved at Straffe then slowly walked out the door.::

Straffe Stormrider
Nov 16th, 2002, 01:13:41 PM
Straffe finally got all his feeling back and fliped onto his feet.

"Untill next time..."

He grinned as he waved back and walked out himself