PDA

View Full Version : The Rise of a Knight: The Request (council)

Maia Tharrinn
Sep 25th, 2002, 04:20:09 PM
Maia entered the chamber of the Jedi council. She bowed before them and spoke. "I humbly ask that my Padawan Kindo be raised to the rank of knight. He has in my eye's proven himself more than worthy. I have watched him grow and learn from his mistakes and become a true Jedi." Maia waited for there answer her head still bowed.

Maia was proud of Kindo and all he had accomplished. He had never wavered from his dedication to learning the Jedi ways. She had put him through a very hard test not to long ago and done very well....

Liam Jinn
Sep 25th, 2002, 04:39:48 PM
Liam shifted in his seat, thinking of the times he had heard about Kindo.

"I feel that he is ready. Though, you may need to give some proof to others. My vote is yes."

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 28th, 2002, 01:19:59 PM
Usually, I am not so vocal in matters of other Padawans, but this is one where I feel I must speak up. Ki-Adi Kindo has shown, in various threads, that he is well trained, even minded, and very much deserving of the promotion to Knighthood.

For example:

Trusting oneself (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22133) with his master, Maia, and Zeke.

Rebuilding Shelters, and Lost Hopes (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21866) and

Reflections (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23052), with Figrin.

Not only has he shown that he is ready, but he has been patient and respectful. My vote is yes.

AmazonBabe
Sep 28th, 2002, 01:29:10 PM
I have seen what Kindo can do and has done. He has my full support.

Anbira Hicchoru
Sep 28th, 2002, 01:34:35 PM
How long has Kindo been a padawan? Is he past the required three months?

If so, I ask that consideration for his rank be postponed until his conflict with Silus Xilarian is at an end. Initially, I was disappointed in Padawan Kindo's performance in the Order, but he has shown marked improvements, and I ask that this judgment wait until this last conflict comes to an end. I am most interested to see how young Kindo handles his present situation.

Xazor Elessar
Sep 28th, 2002, 07:35:43 PM
Xazor smiled at Maia gently and nodded.

"I agree that Padawan Kindo has done great things in the Order and has upheld all standards of the Jedi. He has a good heart and a kind spirit....and is a very dear friend of mine. Though...."

She paused a moment and eyed Anbira curiously, agreeing with his words and view on the situation.

"I agree that he needs to overcome the situation he is in presently.....for many things may come of it. Always in motion is the future. If he passes this test, I say that he is deserving of the rank of Knighthood."

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 29th, 2002, 06:12:59 PM
Navaria acknowledged her agreement with her fellow Council Members, Anbira and Xazor, with a simple nod of her head. There was no need to repeat words already well said in another way.

Maia Tharrinn
Sep 30th, 2002, 11:30:05 PM
Maia nodded as the council spoke. "If I may say in my Padawans behalf. He has come a very long way from his beginning. I know that everyone can have slight problems in the beginning. It is a hard road we all travel. But I have seen him overcome all things thrown at him. I have seen a kind heart and a person who truly loves the Jedi and what they represent." Maia could feel tears sting her eyes at the thought of how special Kindo had become to her.

"I do believe that Kindo will be a great asset to the Jedi as a knight." Maia bowed her head yet again.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 1st, 2002, 05:12:33 PM
Wei stood in the door to the council chamber. Kindo had asked that Wei be there for support, and Wei was not one to let a friend down.

"Kindo's been a good friend. Level-headed, calm. Always one to lend an ear, or a helping hand, or both. I know I am not a Knight and I cannot say whether or not he has been a good Jedi, but I do believe that I am allowed to say whether or not he has been a good friend. And he has been a good friend."

Zeke
Oct 3rd, 2002, 07:31:19 PM
Zeke sat in his spot by the door, silent, listening as the council voted and debated. He said nothing, and kept his eyes trained on Kindo. Kindo was by far his best friend at GJO, and Zeke wished him luck as the voting continued.

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 7th, 2002, 07:18:37 AM
Lion was leaned up against the door, next to Zeke...if there was somebody who deserved to be a knight, it was probably Kindo...

Definitely a good friend, and he had a good sense of wrong and right.

Lion just stood near the door, staring around the council room.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 7th, 2002, 08:59:10 PM
"Then if that is how you feel, it shouldn't be that much longer to give Kindo what he deserves after his current situation that the Force has landed him in."

OOC~ Is it over this thread he is in or what? :)

Diego Van Derveld
Oct 8th, 2002, 02:06:55 AM
OOC: Soon...everything's winding down.

Kelt Simoson
Oct 8th, 2002, 03:24:03 AM
OOC: Lol

Anbira Hicchoru
Oct 11th, 2002, 11:48:50 AM
I do not believe Kindo is ready for the ascention to Knight, at the moment.

Tomak Ohara
Oct 12th, 2002, 08:34:47 PM
Tomak stepped into the council room, "I have to say something. Kindo is one of my best friends, and an even better person. He deserves this title more than any one else here. I know that I have no right in this, but let me help you by saying that if I were a council member I would say yes. So let me help you by saying that he deserves this. He has been patient, he has been friendly and helpful, and he helped me even when I was evil. He came to my castle and helped me to realize the light side. He made me remember my past. He brought me back today. He is the one who deserves this. I do not say this because he is my friend, I say this because he is a great Jedi." Tomak raised his head crying, "Please vote yes. Please make sure that this man gets what he deserves. Finally, I must say if he becomes a knight, he will not only be a greater friend, but he will be an even greater Jedi." Tomak smiled. It was great to see Kindo making it. He deserved everything. From that first spar he and Tomak had. Kindo was the friend that made Tomak a person.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 13th, 2002, 04:06:59 PM
"And why do you feel that way Anbira."

She had already made her decision but wanted her comrade to explain in greater detail, for the benefit of the Council and Kindo himself.

Anbira Hicchoru
Oct 14th, 2002, 08:59:25 PM
:: The creases of skin at the corners of Anbira's eyes tightened a bit, as he found his words ::

There is more to rising above a conflict than simply attacking and defending. On these things, young Kindo is proficient enough. However, one must be mindful at all times of other alternatives, or become locked in an endless cycle of attack and retribution. I believe such things are paramount to a Jedi's way of thinking, and Kindo has yet to fully explore such things.

In my eyes, he is not ready. Not yet.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Oct 15th, 2002, 03:13:47 PM
Kindo gradually stepped forward, catching the attention of the Jedi gathered.

" With all due respect, Master Anbira, but there were only two options that I had that night; defend myself from the enemy's assaults or be killed. I was being attacked by more than just one adversary. My ongoing combat on that night was not some paramount of my own thinking, but tactics, for if I were to have left the scene would not more people have been murdered?

Am I being judged of all my works? Has not the Council took into consideration my other goals that I accomplished over my time spent here amongst you? Not only does my Master know, but many other Knights, Padawans, Masters have took notice to the progression I have made. I believe that the difficult tasks I completed are undeniable, and cannot be overlooked, for to do so would be folly. "

He bowed towards the elite set of Jedi, displaying his great respect for them.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 15th, 2002, 03:22:51 PM
"Plus he was also following orders by his Master to return with Krieger so he could receive medical attention. The choice was either to stay and help his Master, Maia, possibly killing all three of them, or to leave and save the life of one of his fellow brethren. Kindo choose the latter.

Every Padawan knows how difficult it is to leave your Master behind and to follow orders but Kindo did do that. He trusted his Master and he trusted his instincts in leaving. For that, I believe Kindo is deserving to be a Knight."

Ki-Adi Kindo
Oct 15th, 2002, 05:33:46 PM
A gust of unexpected reality blew heavily over Kindo, nearly throwing him backwards.

" I am a Knight!? "

The sudden truth hit him like a ton of bricks, has a feeling of total accomplishment rested upon him. He walked into the Jedi Recruitment Center utterly oblivious to the Force, but through arduous training and receptive learning, he was now taking that step up. He did it, he worked his hardest and it all paided off!

" I am a Knight! "

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 15th, 2002, 06:11:50 PM
"I would say so. Congratulations, man."

Wei gave Kindo a pat on the back.

"You deserve it."

Zeke
Oct 15th, 2002, 06:49:34 PM
Zeke grinned.

"As it should be. Congratulations, friend."

Tomak Ohara
Oct 15th, 2002, 07:14:45 PM
Tomak gave Kindo a friendly hug, "You deserve this my friend." Tomak let go and looked at Kindo, "Congratulations," Tomak smiled for a moment, "I guess now you gotta wait for me and Dios, eh?" Tomak grinned.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 15th, 2002, 09:11:31 PM
"Congratulations Jedi Knight Kindo."

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 15th, 2002, 11:09:18 PM
Maia turned to her friend and smiled through her tears.. Walking over she looked into his eyes. She could not speak for a moment. Clearing her voice she finally found her voice.

"I am so very proud of you Kindo. You have more than proven yourself in my eyes and in the eyes of many others. May the force be with you." Maia pulled him close and hugged him. When she pulled away from him, she pulled up the necklace and clutched it in her hand. She nodded to him, o let him know how special he would always be to her....

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 16th, 2002, 03:34:40 AM
Lion walked over to Kindo and gave him a pat on the back.

"Way to go, dude...Way to go...Wait for me to be knighted, now!" he added, jokingly.