PDA

View Full Version : Deleted scenes confirmed

ReaperFett
Sep 24th, 2002, 06:17:15 PM
http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2002/09/news20020924.html

Talk about a dissapointment. No extra fighting, no droid ship? Granted, Padmé bedroom scene SOUNDS good, but what of intrest would actualy happen?

I feel that a chance has been wasted

:|

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 24th, 2002, 06:30:49 PM
Proves that Lucas really is an idiot. I'm so sick of this nonsense.

ReaperFett
Sep 24th, 2002, 06:34:48 PM
I just dont see why 8. Those eight scenes sound fine, but do any sound GREAT? I dont think so.

Now, granted, some might make the movie. Extended Dooku/Yoda fight could just get stuck back in. But new scenes will just dissapear into the Maw.

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 24th, 2002, 06:40:19 PM
What idiot in LucasFilm decides: "Oh yeah, let's NOT include the best deleted scenes because...ummm...that'd be funny!"

I bet he wears a goofy hat with a propeller too.

ReaperFett
Sep 24th, 2002, 06:49:16 PM
Someone on the DVD team should think what the fans would prefer. I mean come on, extended scene that was fine as it was, or Plo, Ki Adi, Aayla and friends stormign a droid ship?

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 24th, 2002, 09:07:58 PM
Actually it makes me wonder if the scene was ever finished, that could be the reason why it is not on there, if only half of it was filmed it would be silly to put it, its not even in the novel which may prove that theory. The Yoda-Dooku extra fighting, well it would be less than a minute and I know Lucas doesn't want to show any scenes less than a minute that is my guess there, sure it could make it into the film but I doubt it. I do like the Padme scenes, I have no clue what the Bedroom scene is. We also get more of Dooku which is really great.

JMK
Sep 25th, 2002, 06:41:44 AM
Maybe he's keeping the scenes we really want to see for a special edition?

Oriadin
Sep 25th, 2002, 07:48:15 AM
I doubt it but you never know.

ReaperFett
Sep 25th, 2002, 08:03:36 AM
The scene was done Im sure, because the person who played Aayla Secura said she was in a fair number of shots (20-30 I think). I struggle to count 10, meaning that that could be a whole new scene.

The only reason I can see is that they decided that because they made the scenes to make it not matter (Seeing the trio in the arena, seeing Aayla in the actual arena fighting once), it wouldnt fit, so didnt include it. WHich sucks.

Suppose I can cling to the hope that Lucas wants to add the scene. DOnt see it though.

darth_mcbain
Sep 25th, 2002, 09:54:53 AM
I was thinking the same thing JMK... I betcha that he will have an ultimate edition at some point and maybe he is saving some material. I think it is stupid though - show us the good stuff...

Darth_Ytnom
Sep 25th, 2002, 12:11:10 PM
-DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR-, ultimate edition, I hate how Lucas does things. Of course I Will buy anything that comes out and is starwars related. Do you know how many original VHS trilogies I bought, 4!!!! goddamn it, I wish they would just release one DVD for each movie, im sick of having to shell out so much cash.

Why does Lucas whore his fans like this???

ReaperFett
Sep 25th, 2002, 12:26:03 PM
I only bought one trilogy, one VHS and one DVD so far:)

JMK
Sep 25th, 2002, 01:15:01 PM
He makes us buy because he can. ;)

Starquest aka AndyR
Sep 25th, 2002, 01:54:46 PM
Just an FYI - you can already count on no new scenes being incorporated into the movie on disc one because there are already a number of reviews out there that detail the changes to the movie - and the additions are..... *drumroll please* ..... anakin being comforted more by padme after killing tuskens and anakin holding padme's hand during the wedding - thats it.

no extra fight footage anywhere.

bummed.

ReaperFett
Sep 25th, 2002, 02:00:40 PM
Yeah, but they might not have noticed them.

Also, notice how some of the 8 are almost parts of a bigger? Interrogation is trial. Bedroom is close to family, etc

Darth_Ytnom
Sep 25th, 2002, 04:45:35 PM
At this point I Will only be happy with the deleted scenes if we see Padme in Lingerie in the bedroom scene.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 25th, 2002, 09:44:22 PM
Who knows what we will see there. ;) Also there is one more addition in the movie, we see Padme moan out when she gets up after falling out the gunship. I still like these deleted scenes so far better than TPM, common we get to see 4 minutes more of Christopher Lee that is really cool, I think, also Jango Fett has another line in one of those scenes I believe and it really sets up his death better.

ReaperFett
Sep 26th, 2002, 02:42:54 AM
But we dont get any more of him fighting Mace, save for a bigger pack fault. Nor the Obi/Jango fight

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 26th, 2002, 09:46:26 AM
I don't think we need to see more of Jango vs Mace sure it would be cool, but it would be impossible to put that in the movie, I really think it would slow down the pacing, and as far as deleted scenes, it would be hard to do because the whole fight probably is just a mix of things and would be hard to edit together, I imagine. I think that is why the added stuff of the Jedi duel in TPM wasn't a deleted scene, though you can see some of it on a featurete. We might see some of Mace vs Jango or Obi-Wan vs Jango on one of these featuretes though, that wouldn't surprise me.
Also I am little bit disapointed that the control ship scene is not been readded but I figure Lucas has a good reason not to put it in. There could be a lot of problems with that sequence and some of it might have looked bad. If that is the case I would rather not see it. The Yoda-Dooku stuff isn't that big of deal, I am also wondering if the CGI of that footage just looked bad, I imagine they had to use CGI with Lee and it may not have come out that well. Still I got most of the ones I want to see the senate scene (that scene worked well in the book I liked Palpatine's lines) the Trial and intergeration both I thought were excellent in the novel as well. I am also curious about the family scenes and the bedroom scene they both sound like good exposition on Padme and Anakin's romance. I also want to see the Obi-Wan-Mace scene as I think one of Mace's lines (at least from the standpoint of the novel) sounded excellent. The only one that I think is pointless is the droid scene, that seems boring though maybe the droid will cool or something, not sure about the Naboo scene that will really depend, though I expect something similar to the extended pod race scene.

ReaperFett
Sep 26th, 2002, 04:03:36 PM
I don't think we need to see more of Jango vs Mace
Id like enough to actually class it as Jango v Mace :)