PDA

View Full Version : Ride the Lightning (Closed)

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 24th, 2002, 11:34:59 AM
<center>Guilty as charged
But dammit it ain't right
There's someone else controlling me
Death in the air
Strapped in the electric chair
This can't be happening to me
Who made you God to say
I'll take your life from you!!
Flash before my eyes
Now it's time to die
Burning in my brain
I can feel the flame

Wait for the sign
To flick the switch of death
It's the beginnign of the end
Sweat chilling cold
As I watch death unfold
Consciousness my only friend
My fingers grip with fear
What am I doing here?

Flash before my eyes
Now it's time to die
I can feel the flame

Someone help me
Oh please God help me
They're trying to take it all away
I don't want to die

Time moving slow
The minutes seem like hours
The final curtain call I see
How true is this?
Just get it over with
If this is true just let it be
Wakened by horrid scream
Freed from this frightening dream

Flash before my eyes
Now it's time to die
Burning in my brain
I can feel the flame

***</center>

The smell of burning carried across the winds on Korriban. Something large was on fire; or rather there was a substantial amount of flames somewhere. Where precisely? Why, floating a bare inch or so above the palm of a humanoid, who stood stock still with his feet shoulders width apart, eyes raised to the sky. He moved his palm in a circular motion, whipping it up into the air as the sphere of red-hot energy flicked upwards at his command. With a swipe to the left, so the ball followed, hissing as it burned up the air around it to keep itself fuelled. Though beads of sweat formed on his forehead, he continued to pass it between both hands, interchanging at force speed so that his hands and the blaze became one; a swirling mass of scarlet.

It didn’t take long for him to tire, however, as though it was hard to conceive – for Vega – he was but a novice at this technique, and had yet to perfect it. Curling the orb downwards, therefore, he brought it to a halt at his side and with a command from his mind caused it to shrink visibly so that it fit within the palm of his hand. The Lupine curled his fingers inwards towards the searing heat and felt it burning against his flesh, though remedied this quickly as he hurled the smouldering globe upwards into the air – casting it out of sight.

And so the darkside welcomed him back.

The strain he had put upon it with the short yet powerful generation of the fireball had been lifted, and the dispersal of the burden gave him back the strength he treasured so much. It imbued him with a revitalizing rush, which soothed his aching muscles and quelled the pains he felt. Still though, he lowered himself into a crouch, his breathing heavy and deep as he watched the bleak horizon for any sign of movement.

On landing, he had felt some strange presence not akin to him, and even now could sense it moving about somewhere not too far off. Whether it was merely an echo of a spirit, or something more, he would keep a close vigil upon it.

Dante
Sep 24th, 2002, 01:37:21 PM
Dante felt the disturbance, even within the confines of the ancient temple he called home.
he unfolded himself from where he had been sitting motionless, meditating, on the cold stone floor, and stood up gracefully.
as he rose, the sphere of fire around him spilled back to a trail of flame around his feet, which flickered and recoiled about his feet like a swarm of wasps as he moved.
there was a prescence, somewhere nearby, probably humanoid.... but there was something odd there too, something... shadowed. Too powerful for him to fight.
he brushed the white dust from his faded trousers, once black, but now a ragged grey, and drew his kitana from a rack on the old shrine. He strapped it around his waist with a leather cord, and fastened a small dagger to his left shin, under his trousers.
this done, he set out to find this mysterious stranger.

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 26th, 2002, 10:42:13 AM
Off to the east, something moved. Definetly now he had felt it, and with his mind he reached out and set a beacon in the area surrounding him with the Force. It pulsed and throbbed in the minds of those within vicinity. Sitting, he began the wait to see if his bait would be taken up.

Dante
Sep 26th, 2002, 11:15:45 AM
Dante's mind suddenly spun with reeling noise and light, which subsided quickly to a strong sense of what he had to do.
still trailing flame, he scanned the murky horizon for a ship, or anything out of place.
there, not too far away. A ship, presumably. Dante couldnt really tell what type of ship, he hadnt left the planet's surface all his life, and had been alone for most of that time.
he walked, inquisitively, over towards the ship, sniffing the air for a scent of the creature who had brought it.

once he was about forty yards away from the ship, he saw its apparent owner, a young man with blonde hair, and a lightsaber in his belt.
inquisitiveness almost completely gave way to caution, as he reached for his kitana. he could tell that the man could see him, and would wait to see what the stranger did before he did anything drastic.

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 12th, 2002, 04:46:59 AM
“Arming yourself?” Vega barked out.

He had watched the man advance and now, clearly seeing him, was almost instantly angered, due to an uncanny resemblance of appearances the figure shared with his traitor of a son, the now dead Thanatos.

“I wouldn’t advise it.”

Dante
Oct 13th, 2002, 07:11:24 AM
Now that the stranger was nearer, and enraged, Igniz could definitely sense how powerful he was.

he returned the kitana to its sheath, and contemplated removing the entire ensemble in a gesture of faith, before bowing respectfully, dimming the flames around his body to a mere dull glow.

"What is your purpose here?" he asked, not letting his voice falter.

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 13th, 2002, 07:14:50 AM
“My purpose on Korriban is no matter you should concern yourself, however if you must know I am here to draw upon the power the dead have left behind.”

He regarded the man, whose feet where wreathed in flame, with a curious canted gaze.

“What is your purpose?”

Dante
Oct 13th, 2002, 01:13:01 PM
"my purpose here is to focus my own energy, to control the flames."
his eyes flashed for a second, to the same colour as the swirling fog around him, his link to the planet filling him with burning life for a second before returning him to his normal state.

"may I be of service, my lord?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 16th, 2002, 11:33:34 AM
“You can tell me how you’ve managed to conjure those flames that garland your steps. I know of very little men with the power to do such a thing…”

Dante
Oct 19th, 2002, 12:45:18 PM
Dante smiled, summoning the flames up into a small ball on his left hand, which he extinguished with a snap.

"All of my line can summon the flame to some extent, most merely a glow around their feet. We are all born able to do this, my people I mean, but I've spent the last fifteen years training to be able to control them like this."

The boy shrugged,

"I think it has something to do with what you call the 'Force'..." he hazarded.