PDA

View Full Version : OOC vs. IC

Arya Ravenwing
Sep 23rd, 2002, 08:35:56 PM
LD here, yet again, I think that everyone knows that by now. ;)

I would like to propose that all major decisions, such as member voting, etc, are done strictly IC. This way the actual members of TBH, the characters, get to vote on what happens.

It changes a few things. Like, I love SOrsha to death, but LD hates her. :) NOW...talk amongst yourselves! Good idea or horrible?

Milivikal k'Vik
Sep 23rd, 2002, 11:03:59 PM
Its a factor of both, really. If, say, um.... crap, I can't really think of anyone for OOC really thats still around at Fans. But both are a factor. I think I'm kinda borderline for that reason alone, even if I am right about 3/4 of the time.

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 24th, 2002, 01:26:22 AM
Sounds like a good idea

TheHolo.Net
Sep 24th, 2002, 01:37:07 AM
Still not an official member (you are probably all sick of hearing that =P) but I have an observations and question regarding this topic.

I have been around TBH since way back when it was on ezboard and have seen how voting threads for applying members usually go. My question is this. How would a member reply IC regarding another character’s admittance into TBH and actually keep it IC if they have zero experience with the member seeking entry?

I know from seeing many of these voting threads that more often than not, nearly 50% or more of the members don’t know the one joining IC. I just don’t really think it can be done strictly IC, too many complications from it in my opinion. The biggest being that it would force all the members to have to interact with an applicant IC (something they may not have time to do).

Arya Ravenwing
Sep 24th, 2002, 02:15:07 AM
You could ask the people IC who have interacted with them. There are a variety of different ways it could be done. Just like in any real voting...perhaps we'd bring up a pretend "resume" and put it before the group, like we do OOC, but we do it IC...still show current and old threads, etc...

TheHolo.Net
Sep 24th, 2002, 02:18:37 AM
Shrug

That still complicates things. :p But I brought up my point, that’s all I wanted to say.

Maester Wargrave
Sep 24th, 2002, 02:22:40 AM
SWFans when in the devil ARE you going to join? :p

TheHolo.Net
Sep 24th, 2002, 02:24:58 AM
I was wanting to finish the storyline I have going right now with Trace, but am thinking its a dead one, so I may be reworking it and looking for an in. I am keeping an eye on the Arcan deal to see if there is some way for me to get involved IC.:p

Maester Wargrave
Sep 24th, 2002, 02:38:14 AM
Couldn't technically Trace follow his apprentice to make sure he was 'Following the Laws of Chaos'?

TheHolo.Net
Sep 24th, 2002, 02:44:21 AM
Follow his apprentice? No. Trace isn't the babysitter type. :p

Maester Wargrave
Sep 24th, 2002, 02:49:34 AM
I wasn't saying he was babysitting...oh poo for get my idea anways :mneh

Slayn Cloak
Sep 24th, 2002, 04:37:12 PM
Well, actually... I could reason that you would be there fairly simply. And as your apprentice WTF are the laws of chaos?

And I vote " yes " on propsition IC. I think though, seriously, that we could have even more fun with this. When someone knew does apply, it's run diferently now. We look for them remember? So when someone is asked to apply, we all show up IC to watch thier interigation.

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 25th, 2002, 10:01:22 AM
I dunno, all of us showing up in a thread IC to vote seems impossible. And it would take forever for that person to be voted in

Slayn Cloak
Sep 25th, 2002, 07:13:31 PM
When you apply for school or anything els, is it any less complicated? If they want to be here they'll wait.

Morgan Evanar
Sep 25th, 2002, 08:19:59 PM
Another reason why pure IC wouldn't work.

Sorsha. That should adaquately kill the idea in it's tracks. Milvikal would have told Hob to stand in the rain and rot.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 26th, 2002, 03:11:44 AM
Yes, LD would have done the same.

But it IS the characters that have to get along in here. *shrug* anyway it was just an idea. Geez.

Zasz Grimm
Sep 26th, 2002, 06:54:36 AM
Awwww...It was a good Idea...

:: Huggles Holly ::

No one likes you idea!!

It's ok!

:D

Sorsha Kasajian
Sep 26th, 2002, 09:18:21 AM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
Another reason why pure IC wouldn't work.

Sorsha. That should adaquately kill the idea in it's tracks. Milvikal would have told Hob to stand in the rain and rot.

=O:O= nani???

Morgan Evanar
Sep 26th, 2002, 10:40:51 AM
Before you joined again, and if the decision was made on a purely IC basis.

Evil Hobgoblin
Sep 26th, 2002, 12:23:39 PM
WHAM!

*Milivikal gets booted outside the main gates. She looks up to find a storm approaching.*

If this is anyone's house, it's mine! No boots for old Hob! :)

Slayn Cloak
Sep 26th, 2002, 02:47:22 PM
Man, it was a good idea...

Jeseth Cloak
Sep 30th, 2002, 12:38:24 PM
The IC and OOC seperation idea has great merit, though it also raises some other problems. In the past there was much OOC turmoil at SWFans, and sometimes at TBH. I don't know if that's a problem anymore, because I'm not around much to bear wtiness to it if it is. I avoid excessive OOC posting. The idea has my support, though I don't think it makes a difference anyway at this point.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 30th, 2002, 10:11:25 PM
nah I guess it doesn't. ANd my example thread is the suck. :x

Jehova Eaven
Sep 30th, 2002, 10:50:01 PM
seems that way.