PDA

View Full Version : Ironing out my strategy (open spar)

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 23rd, 2002, 09:06:41 AM
Wei was once again in the Academy working on his lightsaber skills. Growing up knowing nothing but barehanded combat made saber spars a little difficult. But the more time he spent with his saber, the better he became. But practicing by himself could only get him so far.

"Maybe I can find someone to practice with."

Sameer Aryan
Sep 28th, 2002, 10:37:32 AM
"Practice what?" asked a voice behind Wei.

A tall figure standed in front of him. It was Sameer. He had come to the Academy in search of a spar he could join. He had no knowledge about any kind of fights, but he had the will to learn and try his best.

"I'd practice with you, but I'd need to know what you're practicing first!" Sam said jokingly.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 28th, 2002, 02:59:59 PM
"What am I practicing? Combat! With or without lightsabers."

Wei turned and saw that Sameer was without weapons.

"Barehanded, then. As long as you know how to throw a punch, feel free to join me."

Wei took a fighting stance. "I'll go first."

Wei ran up and threw a punch at Sameer, taking it slow, in case Sam was not one that fought much.

Sameer Aryan
Sep 28th, 2002, 06:22:20 PM
"It can't be that hard!" Sam had just finished his sentence when he saw Wei approach. There went his first lesson: timing counts in battles!

Sam barely managed to stop the punch with his forearm. He soon realized it wasn't the smartest way to stop an attack, it HURT! Sameer backed off a bit with his fists still ready. He'd first study the way Wei attacked, learn his ways, and then try his best.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 28th, 2002, 07:22:56 PM
Wei smiled. "OK, then. Let's try again."

Wei kicked high to see how Sam would try to stop that attack. Sam was a very instinctive fighter. Grandpa would have a field day working on Sam's reflexes. If grandpa were still alive, that is.

Sameer Aryan
Sep 29th, 2002, 07:02:29 AM
Sam nodded in an ok sign. As he saw Wei's kick coming, his own leg went up in the air and passed swiftly around Wei's. He rolled it up around his opponent's, and tried getting Wei off balance by making sudden moves.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 29th, 2002, 10:41:53 AM
Wei's eyes widened in surprise as he saw Sam neatly hooked his leg around Wei's. Wei was now trying to balance, not too difficult a job in the past, but he had never had this happen before.

Wei tried to get his leg loose, but couldn't get away without loosing his balance. So, Wei let his leg collapse out from under him and he fell to the ground and rolled away from Sam.

"Nice. Now it's your turn to attack."

Sameer Aryan
Sep 29th, 2002, 12:16:27 PM
Sam's fists weren't as tight anymore. His body was giving up on him. It was easy to defend yourself against someone, but it was as hard to attack a friend. Even if it were just to practice, it was hard; Sameer's heart wasn't letting him.

"Ok, here it goes..." Sam's voice was trembling.

Sameer went up to Wei with caution, his fists in front of his face. He made a movement with his left arm to distract Wei. He then backed off slightly, and attacked Wei's stomach with his right hand. It was a light punch, it wouldn't harm a fly.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 29th, 2002, 12:47:06 PM
Wei saw Sam fake with his left arm, and hit with his right.

"Well Sam, I'm glad to see you have a bit of natural talent, but at least try to hurt me. I won't get mad."

Wei brought his knee into Sam's stomach, winding him.

"Sam, whenever you spar, I want you to spar as though you are fighting for your very survival. Ok?"

Sameer Aryan
Sep 29th, 2002, 05:00:00 PM
...at least try to hurt me. I won't get mad.

He's asking for it, so why not fulfill his wishes. Sam was trying to convince himself when he felt Wei's knee in his stomach. The pain was unbearable. "OUCH!"

"Ok, I'll make sure I spar as if it were for survival."Sam replied, still feeling the pain.

Hopefully the pain left soon enough for Sameer to continue the spar. He was moving around, prepared to attack. Suddently, his right foot went into the air towards Wei as fast as a whip, with all the strength Sameer had.

"Is that ok?"

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 29th, 2002, 05:29:57 PM
Wei caught his foot. "Better. Keep going."

Wei pushed Sam away with his foot, then punched at Sam't face.

Sameer Aryan
Sep 30th, 2002, 04:12:30 PM
Sam ducked when seeing the punch arrive.

"Watch it boy!"

Sameer slid under Wei's arm to get behind him. He took combat position and waited for Wei to turn around. As soon as he did, Sam tried punching Wei's stomach one last time. He probably has more practice than me, but I'll still go for it!

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 30th, 2002, 07:17:46 PM
Wei turned as the punch neared him, coming at Sam's neck with a basic karate chop. The guy had some sort of natural talent. If he was trained properly, this meek man could become a serious fighter.

"Sam, do you have a teacher yet?"

Sameer Aryan
Oct 1st, 2002, 04:20:50 PM
Sam was sure he would've hit Wei, but was deceived and instead received the chop. Rubbing his neck to soothe his pain, he answered Wei: "No, not yet...I was adjusting to the new environment first. Any particular reasons for asking?"

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 1st, 2002, 05:16:30 PM
"Well, you do pretty well. I've fought lots of opponents, and your quiet and shy attitude doesn;t seem to go with your fighiting style. You seem to have a lot of talent. I thought you had a Master and you were having lessons."

Sameer Aryan
Oct 2nd, 2002, 05:03:25 PM
Sameer shook his head to try to dry his hair because it had gotten sweaty with all the action. Looking back up at Wei, he said:"Thanks for the compliment!", blushing slightly.

OOC:So I guess this thread's done?

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 2nd, 2002, 05:16:22 PM
Wei saw Sam's face turn red, and wondered if Sam was tired out already.

"So, are you tired yet?"

Wei assumed a deep stance and then pushed off with his front foot so that he could kick hard with his back leg.

Sameer Aryan
Oct 2nd, 2002, 07:29:47 PM
"No way!" Sameer liked learning new stuff. Once he started, he kept at it.

Seeing Wei take a deep stance, Sam got prepared as well. Ok, so now, he'll kick for sure, because of his position. Keeping that in mind, Sam prepared his defence tactic, and the attack that would follow...

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 2nd, 2002, 07:33:33 PM
Wei brought his leg up in a lightning fast kick. Wei hadkicked as high as he could. Sam was a good fighter. Wei had to stay on his toes. Even now, Wei was planning his next few moves.

Sameer Aryan
Oct 15th, 2002, 10:08:37 AM
OOC:Sorry, I was out of internet for a week (long story), couldn't be on nor reply...

IC:
Seing the kick, Sameer bent backwards. "Not the face! Not the face!.. he kept repeating to himself. Sam stood back up and threw a punch at Wei's face.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 21st, 2002, 05:26:47 PM
Wei grabbed Sam's wrist to stop the punch, and stepped forward, throwing an elbow at Sam's chin.

Sameer Aryan
Oct 21st, 2002, 05:59:05 PM
Sameer received the elbow on his chin, but bearing the pain, he kept fighting. Sam wanted to train, and crying like a sissy wouldn't help him. He then tried his own left elbow on Wei's face, imitating him.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 21st, 2002, 06:08:28 PM
Wei had to give him credit. The elbow split his lip, but that was ok.

"Not bad, Sam. Not bad."

Wei wiped the blood off his lip with his thumb and looked at it.

"You know what you need? A teacher."

Wei stepped to the side of Sam, tucking his arms close to his sides and taking a turning step so he faced Sam's back.

Sameer Aryan
Oct 21st, 2002, 06:26:46 PM
"Thaaaaannnnks! Um....Why are you facing my back?" Sameer didn't understand. Usually, when you're talking to someone, you talk face to face, making eye contact. But here, there was nothing of the sort.

"So what do you want to do now? Wanna take a break and just talk or you wanna continue to practice?" Sameer would've preferred to take a break, he was tired, but left the decision to Wei.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 21st, 2002, 07:05:06 PM
"Who ever said we were stopping?" It seemed Sam had a bit of truoble fighiting outside of the box. Wei kicked at the inside of Sam's knee, bringing him down to a kneeling position, then pushed him onto the floor with his foot.

"Now we can stop. Sam, you should have turned around immediately. It's not over until your opponent gives up, or he is unconscious. Remember that, as a piece of advice from one friend to the other."

Wei helped Sam back up again.

Sameer Aryan
Oct 22nd, 2002, 05:09:33 PM
Sam hadn't expected Wei's moves, again. He got back up with Wei's help:

"Um...Thanks....Don't you have any sorts of rules, I mean you're....WE'RE Jedis, we're supposed to be the nice guys, we can attack people without them expecting it?"

Sameer was really confused, he thought he had to play by "the rules", but he was still thinking positively : At least I'm learning something, would've been worse learning this in a battle...

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 24th, 2002, 08:34:15 AM
Wei smiled. "Well, I know Jedi never attack first. But, if a Sith or Dark Jedi were to attack you, you can and should do whatever it takes to disable him. At least that is how I understand it, from watching the older Jedi."

Sameer Aryan
Oct 25th, 2002, 05:16:21 PM
"Oh!" was the only thing that came out of Sameer's mouth. At the same time he was stunned and confused: The protectors of good can use any nasty trick to keep people from hurting others?

Sam shook his head: Too complicated! Stick to the basics for now... At least the young man had learnt not to let his guards off so easily.

"Say Wei..have you been in a fight with a real Sith/Dark Jedi yet? How was it?" Sam wanted to know if Wei talked with experience or just in theory.