PDA

View Full Version : Love Hurts (open)

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 22nd, 2002, 11:19:27 PM
Pretend it didn't happen and everything is fine
Invasion of the heart can be defended with the mind
Logic is the winner, the heart will always lose
To give your heart to love is to tighten up the noose

Terran sat--slouched, rather--at the bar. He was tired, his weathered features rugged and dark. Another sleepless night. Many had come ever since the news had reached him. He would start a new life--not really new in that he was changing or starting over. Things would be different now. The love that he once clinged to was...changed. His outlook on romance was...changed. His feelings...not. That was where it was hard.

"I'll have some more juice, please." It wasn't alchohol, but Terran didn't drink. It just wasn't in his nature. He preferred the natural state of what he called 'awareness.' Many didn't in times like this. The server droid poured him another glass and he enjoyed it.

What was wrong with him? Why did he deserve this? He had cheated death once. Maybe--one singular part of him thought--he shouldn't have. He wished he hadn't sometimes. He really did.

He found love so difficult, so uncontrollable. All things he had known before had a method. Some sort of meaning or pattern could be found in all things--but not love. It baffled him. He found himself speechless.

There was bound to be comfort in the Force for him. There was bound to be. It just didn't look promising...

Coco Blake
Sep 22nd, 2002, 11:26:55 PM
He felt a hand on his shoulder. Coco stood behind him with a small smile on her lips. She could sense how he was feeling, and she spoke softly.

"May I join you, Terran? Or would you prefer to be alone?"

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 23rd, 2002, 09:00:59 AM
Terran mustered a weak smile for her, pretending to be happy. He knew it was easily read.

"If you'd like. But I will tell you that the melancholly make for bad company." He sighed and turned back to his juice. His mind was elsewhere--far away. It seemed to be away from even his own control. He did not know if he would ever gain it back the way it was. Not the way it used to be stimulated. She...wouldn't be around.

He didn't really look forward to conversation--his mood so somber. But he never turned someone away--never. It wasn't in his nature.

Coco Blake
Sep 23rd, 2002, 12:19:39 PM
"Well.." She sat down next to him. "I find talking about things tends to make you feel better."

He was thinking of someone, that was the problem...She shook her head, trying to clear it of any thoughts that might decide to pop out at her.
"I'll listen if you want to talk. If you don't, then I'll just keep you company."

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 23rd, 2002, 05:24:08 PM
She was right. Talking about things would help to clear one's mind and thoughts. Often times, the load of a heavy heart could be lifted by conversation. However, he would not.

"Thanks--I appreciate your concern." He spoke with shortness he usually didn't. He was usually fluid in his speech--long, flowing sentences and adjectives. But not tonight.

Coco Blake
Sep 23rd, 2002, 07:41:35 PM
She sighed and shrugged. She had tried.
The tender came over to get her order.
"Milk please."

She looked at Terran out fo the corner of her eye, watching him.

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 23rd, 2002, 11:48:43 PM
"I'm sorry, Miss Blake. I'm really not much of a conversationalist tonight." He managed another weak smile. Wasn't it true? He wasn't feeling like it. Yet, something told him he should talk. Get it out--you'll feel better, something said. He would not listen.

"I hope your stay has been plesant here--please, take care of yourself and enjoy the trip." He laid down a few credits. "Goodnight, and may the Force be with you always." With that, he left Yog's Bar and Grill and headed out to the courtyard. He wanted to feel the moon and the air and the trees. He would need them now more than ever.