PDA

View Full Version : Purest snow

Lillian Snow
Sep 22nd, 2002, 05:42:33 PM
The doors of the Recruitment Center stood wide open, and a young girl came in. She looked to the doors almost gratefully, and moved to sit in a chair nearby. It had been a long walk in the heat, and she was grateful for the rest.

Salemn Lysce
Sep 23rd, 2002, 09:13:47 PM
Since she had nothing to do that day, Salemn had seen it to herself to wander about the Recruitment Area, to welcome some while Xazor and Navaria were busy with others. It had been a slow day and she was ready to head back towards her quarters when her brown eyes landed on a girl who looked only a couple years younger than herself.

Intrigued, Salemn moved slightly spoke as she sent a message to the girl's head.

< Do you wish for something to drink ? >

She looked exhausted, as if she traveled for some time, and looked as if she could pass out any moment.

Lillian Snow
Sep 23rd, 2002, 09:25:06 PM
She looked up to find a girl about her age standing over her.

"Um...no thanks..."

She managed a shy smile.

"Are you a Jedi here?"

Salemn Lysce
Sep 24th, 2002, 03:51:57 PM
< Yes, a Knight, actually. >

Salemn now stepped infront of the girl, reaching up to sweep her fingers through her own blonde hair.

< I take it you're here to be a Jedi, right ? >

It was a dumb question, she knew, but sometimes they had people wander in just for a rest in the cool building.

Lillian Snow
Sep 24th, 2002, 05:07:27 PM
"Yes, I would very much like to..."

She was interrupted by a fit of coughing, covering her face with her hand. Blood dripped through her fingers and she took a handkercheif from a pocket and wiped her hand clean.

"I would very much like to be a Jedi..." she said uneasily, watching Salemn's reaction.

Salemn Lysce
Sep 25th, 2002, 08:34:48 PM
Salemn's eyes widened slightly as she instantly reached into the pockets of her brown Jedi robes, pulling out a pouch. Inside were many herbs that could be used as a remedy for anything - even in the strongest of spells.

< ... What just happened ? >

Never had she witnessed a person coughing up blood unless they were shot, and this was very .. disturbing, at the least.

Lillian Snow
Sep 25th, 2002, 08:47:21 PM
"It...is a disease. As far as I or my family knows, there's no cure...I'll be fine though..."

She smiled weakly, then suddenly her face took a worried expression.

"Will this keep me from becoming a Jedi, miss?"

Salemn Lysce
Sep 26th, 2002, 04:50:34 PM
Seeing that the girl was fine, she frowned, but still clutched onto the pouch.

< No, unless you let your fear consume your body ... And you wouldn't let that happen, would you ? >

Lillian Snow
Sep 26th, 2002, 04:57:22 PM
"No, I would not." Her smile strengthened. "I am not afraid of my condition."

Salemn Lysce
Sep 26th, 2002, 05:02:30 PM
< Good, for fear is just the beginning to the Path of the Darkside. >

Salemn smiled slightly and took a step back, placing the pouch back inside her robes. This girl could become a good Jedi ..

< Why do you wish to join our ranks ? >

Lillian Snow
Sep 26th, 2002, 05:06:10 PM
"Because...I am physically weak. A proficiency in the Force would allow me more freedom. Also, it was recommended by my family that I stay here with the Jedi...that perhaps through the Force I might be cured of my illness..."

Salemn Lysce
Sep 29th, 2002, 10:33:13 AM
< You mention nothing about helping others. >

Salemn began to pace back and forth infront of the girl, eying her.

< The Jedi are here to serve the good the Order and to protect those who cannot fend for themselves. We are the bringers of Justice, no matter how harsh it may seem to others, and the keepers of peace. You will be discriminated against, and aimed for unusual and cruel practices, all because of the path you have chosen. Do you understand? >

As she paced, Salemn continued to watch the girl. She could easily probe into her mind and search for information, but it wasn't her way - and, besides, that would be forgetting her manners.

Lillian Snow
Sep 29th, 2002, 10:40:42 AM
She looked away, ashamed.

"I...I am sorry. I will do my best to fill the role of a Jedi, I promise."

Salemn Lysce
Sep 29th, 2002, 10:45:35 AM
< Never look away from a person while in a conversation, for it can be taken ill-manneredly and then hell can break loose. >

Yes, indeed, some Sith also took it as a sign of weakness from the Jedi.

< What is your name ? >

Lillian Snow
Sep 29th, 2002, 10:50:25 AM
She sat up almost to attention, the sudden movement inducing a fit of coughing. There was no blood this time, and Lillian sighed.

"It is Lillian Snow...please forgive me...What is your name?"

Salemn Lysce
Sep 29th, 2002, 11:01:37 AM
< Salemn Lysce - a pleasure to meet you. >

She stopped pacing and stood infront of Lillian, holding out her hand to help the young lady up.

< I welcome you into the Order. The Living Quarters are a way off, and we have a Bar and Grill incase you're hungry or wish to socialize. >

Salemn reached into her robes and pulled out a holo map, which was square shaped, and handed it to Lillian. It was something that usually most Jedi were required to hold for the new Recruits if they were greeting.

Lillian Snow
Sep 29th, 2002, 11:11:33 AM
"Thank you...thank you very much!"

She smiled and walked away to find her room, pocketing the map.