PDA

View Full Version : Warriors..(Sparring)

Liam Jinn
Sep 22nd, 2002, 12:01:43 AM
The Jedi Master patiently sat waiting on the cold marble floor of a large training room. Today he was hoping to get a grasp on the new Warriors current fighting abilities.

Sejah Haversh
Sep 23rd, 2002, 01:55:18 PM
Thap thap thap thap thap...

Sejah's sandals were wearing out, and the thick leather soles were impossible to walk silently on anymore, especially on tile or stone flooring. Subsequently, one could hear him coming if they chose to listen.

The mongoose had not wanted to join the Warrior class; it had been against his wishes to focus on his fightign arts witht he Jedi instead of learnign new things. but it seemed that there was no avoiding it. He had grown up as a fighter, and it was too good of a fit for him to disagree with what he felt he fit into. "Good afternoon, Master Liam," Sejah said as he approached. Tucked in his sash belt was his lightsaber as usual, and in his paw he carried a sheathed sword as well, a simple one, a tulwar style scimitar. It was more of a saber in its design than anything, but, the saber had come from it, and not the toerh way around. HE ahd brought his edgeless one, just in case he was going to have to use it somehow.

"Should I sit as well, or, what is on the plan for today?" He asked politely as he stopped before the Jedi Warrior.

Liam Jinn
Sep 23rd, 2002, 09:52:31 PM
He let out a small chuckle before rising to his feet.

"Good afternoon, Sejah. What we're going to be doing today, is seeing how well the Warriors can fight, then see what we can work on. Would you like to be the first?"

Sejah Haversh
Sep 23rd, 2002, 11:58:46 PM
Unable to resist, Sejah looked around and said, "Well, won't the others get jealous if I go first? I mean, I wouldn't want to mke them feel left out. Look at their faces alredy?"

Smirking, the mongoose shook his head and continued good-naturedly, "No, but seriously, that would be fine with me. I'll admit I'm a better fencer than fighter, but, I did spend time with a good deal of different masters for empty paw. What kind of fighting are we lookign to do? Armed or unarmed?"

Liam Jinn
Sep 24th, 2002, 07:19:39 PM
"Let's start with unarmed."

Sejah Haversh
Sep 25th, 2002, 01:16:51 PM
"Agreed, unarmed it is," Sejah concurred, then set down his tulwar, placing his lightsaber next to it. Crossing back before Liam, the mongoose stepped back into a defensive position and held himself at the ready.

"Who has the honor of first strike?"

Liam Jinn
Sep 25th, 2002, 04:49:44 PM
Liam set his saber on the floor and pushed it against a wall with the force. Doing a quick backflip, he assumed his own defensive position, breathing deeply and even.

"You may."

Sejah Haversh
Sep 25th, 2002, 05:49:59 PM
Keep it simple, keep it easy. Learn your opponent before getting fancy his fencing master had always taught him. And Sejah did just that.

With a quick double-step, the mongoose came in with a left and right combo punch set, and also stepped in a quick kick to the inside of Liam's knee. Standard maneuver, but it would teel him how Liam would block

Liam Jinn
Sep 25th, 2002, 10:16:35 PM
He reacted quickly, sidestepping the first punch and blocking the second with his forearm. As Sejah began the kick, Liam spun to the side and dropped, swinging his own leg out. The result was a clean sweep which left Sejah on his back. Throwing out a small force push, the Jedi Master sent the padawan sliding three meters away.

Liam rose slowly, assuming his defensive position again.

Sejah Haversh
Sep 26th, 2002, 03:43:31 PM
Okay, so Liam was good, and used the Force in combat. Sejah had to refrain from doing so himself, for he didn't feel like blowing up aay parts of Liam's anatomy.

Instead, the mongoose just picked himself up and stood at the ready again. Once more he went in with the same combo of punches and kicks, but as Liam dropped began to turn to go for the leg sweep, Sejah snagged one of his arms and pulled forward, tunring him around the other way and dropping him to the floor before fallign onto him. "Not bad for a second try." Was all Sejah said with a smile.

Liam Jinn
Oct 10th, 2002, 07:46:12 PM
After they both made it to their feet, the Jedi Master held out a hand, signalling a break.

"Good, I see you learn quick enough. Now, let's work on quick ways to take down an enemy. Show me what you know already."

Sejah Haversh
Oct 10th, 2002, 08:15:22 PM
"Well, I don't know. Do you want me to use full-," Sejah had spoken to distract Liam, even though he had the impression that it wouldn't. But still, just before he had finished his line, Sejah rushed in and grabbed ahold of one of Liam's legs, hauling up on it and ramming his shoulder into his opponent, toppling him quickly. "Was that okay?"

Liam Jinn
Oct 12th, 2002, 06:44:55 PM
He chuckled as he hit the ground. When he finished, he picked himself off the ground and faced Sejah.

"That was good, you've got the right idea.."

Liam's left hand shot out and grabbed the furry right wrist of his opponent. He twisted the wrist a bit then slammed his other hand into Sejah's elbow, applying enough pressure, and using momentum, to bring the Mongoose face first into the ground. Using his body weight, he held Sejah's elbow in place. If Sejah struggled trying to get up, his elbow would snap.

"This is a simple but effective move. You leave you opponent defensless, unless they use the force of course."

He let go of Sejah and helped him to his feet.

Sejah Haversh
Oct 14th, 2002, 02:09:21 PM
(OOC- I forgot to mention that your leg should have been folded back over your chest in that last one, but, no biggie, your move still works.)

Rubbing his arm, Sejah grumbled a bit and replied, "Well, you only told me to take you down, not keep you there."

Azhure Darkstone
Oct 17th, 2002, 04:39:15 AM
::Azhure watched in the distance, wondering whether she sould interrupt them. It seemed to have turned into a one on one class and if so, she had no right to barge in. She watched silently for a while before turning to leave, feeling uncomfortable about ruining Sejahs lesson.::

OOC - Didnt see this either. I wont barge in now, it' d be rude as you two have already gone this far.