PDA

View Full Version : Somthing more than Nothing (Vega and any observers)

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 21st, 2002, 12:47:19 PM
It was gonna be one of those days....

Tempist woke up earley, and got out of bed quickly. He took one quick glance at the woman in his bed, sleeping naked. She'd been too drunk to even realize that he hadn't and wouldn't do anything to her. He hadn't a home anymore, and spent his life in an inn, living off of the owners' fear of him. They had known him for a long time, and knew what he had become capable of.

The inn was owned by a woman and her husband, and maintained by various droids. The male owner made as much effort to stay out of Tempist's way as possible, while the female owner did everything she could to make sure he was 'comfortable'. He grabbed a few weapons, including his two sabers (Horror and Infinity), and his indestructable battle axe, Misery, before going downstairs.

"G' Mornin' Mr. Opps, what can I get for ya today?"

"Nothing."

The short exchange of words between the owner and the Sith hadn't really ment much, happened every day. But today was special, Tempist had plans for today. Earlier that week, he'd hired a messenger boy with a ship to pay a visit to Vjun with a friendly little message to an old 'friend' of his, telling him to meet him just outside of town. He'd carefully placed the coordinates onto a large sheet of metal, burned straight into it with a saber.

Tempist made his way to the designated area for the fight that would ensue, and waited, axe in hand. He had some old scores to settle.

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 21st, 2002, 12:52:41 PM
Slow, calculated steps brought the pungent figure striding into view. The light from above caught against his cobalt eyes and pallid incisors, playing against the deep grin he bore. It was a familiar expression, one that members of the Sith Empire had grown used to seeing the Lupine bear. He was a fairly jovial, albeit macabre, being in the most part and could find humour in the widest range of situations; especially those pertaining to supposed challenges.

“At last…”

His voice was as it had always been – the accent clear and unique, hoarse with over-use and grainy, with the ever present air of self-righteous confidence that he carried so well.

“I must say I’m disappointed, I imagined you would have called me here sooner.”

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 21st, 2002, 12:56:09 PM
The Dark One shrugged, and replied.

"Had a few things to finish up. Besides, your not getting any stronger, dosn't matter when I summon you."

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 21st, 2002, 12:59:59 PM
“Oh, I’m not?”

His arms slipped slowly over his chest,

“And how would you know that, hmm? Has your rejection from the decayed Empire ranks given you clairvoyance enough to keep watch upon me?”

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 21st, 2002, 01:06:20 PM
"Nope, I can just sense it. You havn't grown at all, except maybe your ego, which I plan on shattering soon. Besides, if you still think your too good for a fight with me, then you can be my guest and run away again. But wouldn't that be an exact contradiction of your prior statment? "

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 21st, 2002, 01:20:11 PM
“Run away again? I don’t recall ever retreating from battle with you Tempist.”

A stifled laugh passed his lips.

“I wouldn’t put too much faith in your perceptions of me, Sith. Your mind is as blinkered as your withered Council’s and your insight beyond the physical exceptionally shallow.”

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 21st, 2002, 01:27:08 PM
"Heh, think what you want. I care not either way. Shall we begin now, or do you have anything else to say?"

This was an unusially kind incentive of Tempist. Usuially he didn't bother to let his opponents finish what they were saying, and simply got so bored that he attacked them.

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 21st, 2002, 01:31:24 PM
So quick to arm themselves the Sith were. Though Vega enjoyed a good volley of words with his opponents, it was evident that this particular breed of Force user lacked the intelligence to carry a coherent conversation, and thus it seemed only proper to indulge them in the only way they understood – combat. Withdrawing Seraphim from his belt, he held the hilt outwards at a horizontal and depressed the ignition switch; a yellow beam coursed out into the air, white core pulsing and hissing as it grew eager to satiate its blood lust. Motioning the tip of his saber down at the ground then back up towards his body, he spoke:

“It would be improper of me to attack you first, what with you being the weaker of us…”

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 21st, 2002, 06:40:52 PM
Tempist jumped the gun. Again. As Vega began to come to the end of his sentence, a good sized boulder, about half Vega's torso flew into his back. Indeed, Tempist's consumption from the darkside had progressed greatly. The Rogue Sith began to walk twards Vega, taking his sweet time. He didn't care what his opponent did, he'd grown well prepaired for almost any possible situation. He'd already taken away three weapons of the darkjedi... fear, suprise, and aggrivation.

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 22nd, 2002, 02:41:59 AM
The impact from the boulder was lessened as Vega bent his knees, to brace, having sensed the missile. His eyes rose back up to Tempist as he straightened up his posture, the boulder hitting the ground with a sharp crack - shattering. Lowering his free hand, he motioned his palm towards the Sith as the tiny abraisive shards of stone shot forward towards him, with the Dark Jedi moving through the living shield at rapid pace. A quick force pull caused Tempist to be yanked inwards partially, where upon the Lupine leapt forward onto him with a gut-level lunge.

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 22nd, 2002, 08:47:47 AM
The shards looked as of they would be painful, very dammaging... untill they were stoped by a carefully timed force wall. Vega on the other hand, was delt with by Misery, which was put in place only by a quick twist of Tempist's wrists. Even as he regained his ballance, he managed to block Vega's attack. In Vega's moment of imobility, Tempist gave a quick and sharp kick to Vega's right thigh.