PDA

View Full Version : Reflections (Figrin, closed)

Ki-Adi Kindo
Sep 20th, 2002, 07:45:23 PM
The vast light of the scorching suns began to fade off into the distance, giving sign the long day was coming to a night of well-deserved and much needed rest. A cool breeze coursed through the surrounding atmosphere, and the environment was serene and motionless. The vast skies set off an astonishing array of colors such has seen in many famous paintings or pleasant dreams.

Not far outside from the immense GJO Complex, a man was standing in the verdant gardens. Kindo’s piercing sapphire eyes gazed off towards the reach, completely captivated by the dazzling sundown. It brought him fond memories of his childhood, when he and his beloved father would view the amazing nightfall from their balcony while having interesting discussions, discussions he held sacredly within the depths of his countless memories. Dwelling on these loving recollections only gave him more joy, joy in knowing that his father would be proud of him and all that he had accomplished since joining the Greater Jedi Order, and that made him smile, genuinely.

He continued starring off into stretch, admiring the rare scenery before him.

Figrin D'an
Sep 20th, 2002, 08:38:53 PM
A cobblestone path weaved it's way amongst the variety of flora that made up the main garden. The rhythmic clap of his boots hitting the pathway surface was all the sound that accompanied Figrin as he peered at his surroundings. Typically, the Jedi Master was still bogged down with class instruction and official business at this time of day. He enjoyed his duties, of course... but, he found that they sometimes prevented him from experiencing the simple pleasures of life.

Today was different though. Jedi matters were handled, and, if for at least a short while, he would have some time to do the simplest of things... to walk, and to think.

The garden always seemed beautiful beyond words, no matter the season... sunrise and sunset only served to accentuate that remarkable fact. Brillant color, covering the entire spectrum, surrounded anyone who traveled the serene path. Light played off of leaves and flowers, the water in the fountain, and even the Jedi's own cloak. Feelings of comfort and peace were unavoidable in such an environment.

Figrin continued to walk slowly, looking about, clearing his mind of worldly troubles. He approached a small clearing within the otherwise dense garden, where a lone figure stood, looking out across the wide, rolling valley below. Figrin recognized the man... a fellow Jedi that knew in name, but little more. He seemed calm... and contemplative, as he watched the sun begin to dip below the far horizon.

Not wanting to distrupt the moment, Figrin stood a few meters behind the man, and looked at the same sunset... perhaps, they were thinking similar thoughts...

Ki-Adi Kindo
Sep 20th, 2002, 09:12:33 PM
All while silently delighting in the pleasant marvel ahead of him, somthing was felt, someone was near. Being the inquisitive man he always was, Kindo deflected his current focus upon a rather unrevealed individual behind him. The quiet figure was concealed within a beige cloak, leaving his identity to remain unknown.

Ki Adi kept his azure eyes casted upon the serene man, for he seemed to emit a familiar ambience, much like his very own.

Figrin D'an
Sep 23rd, 2002, 01:24:26 AM
The sun continued to settle behind the hills in the distance. The bright yellows and oranges began to give way to various shades of red, streaming outward and melding with the natural color of the sky.

Figrin pulled back the hood on his cloak, making his face clearly visible. He crossed his arms, and slowly walked to a spot next to the kindrid Jedi, while continuing to admire the natural scenery displayed before them.

"It's quite an impressive sight, isn't it," Figrin spoke at last.

"I'll never forget the first time I watched a sunset here. When the Jedi first established our home here on Yavin, it was in the midst of an unsure time. We had been forced from Coruscant and Dagobah... the Empire and the Sith threatened our lives... the future was hard to see, even with the aid of the Force. Our first day here, I watch the sun dip below those same hills after a long, hard day. Despite all that we had experienced, and the foreknowledge of a tough road ahead... I felt relaxed... calm... at peace."

Figrin paused for a moment, recalling that moment in his mind.

(OOC: We never really specified where this was to take place, so I decided Yavin was appropriate, before the move back to Coruscant. Hope that's okay.)

Ki-Adi Kindo
Sep 23rd, 2002, 01:34:37 PM
" I remember back during my childhood when me and my father would spend time admiring the glorious descent of the vast suns. "

Kindo momentarily grew quiet, his calm behavior blending with his current surroundings. A still peace could be seen in his azure eyes has he continued to admire the aerial spectacle that lay before the pair.

" More than that, I remember the initial feeling I received when I first viewed an evening's sunset from this standpoint, when I first embarked upon the life of a Jedi. It is amazing how some things remain with you, always. "

Figrin D'an
Sep 27th, 2002, 11:58:18 PM
Figrin nodded in agreement.

"That it certainly is."

The two stood in silence, allowing the moment to focus solely on the sky. The color seemed to condense to a deep red, yet simultaneously envelope them it it's vast shroud. A few wisps of clouds had thick white tops, but lightly shadowed yellow bottoms... yet another trick the light played on the skyline.

Figrin closed his eyes, fixing the scene in his mind, replaying it solely in his memory. Stress finally released itself, and the Jedi's muscles relaxed one by one. His mind was clear, his demeanor serene.

Figrin opened his eyes, to find the last edge of the sun slipped behind the distant foothills. In a voice that reflected his clarity of mind and body, Figrin finally spoke again.

"I sense you have learned much in your time here with the Jedi. You have a good heart, a keen mind. You feel you have found a home, and a purpose."

Figrin paused briefly, then continued.

"Do you often think of your father?"