PDA

View Full Version : Rules of Attraction

CMJ
Sep 20th, 2002, 10:07:27 AM
A film buddy and I saw caught this last night at a free early screening. Entertainment people are not supposed to get into these kinda deals so we fibbed about our occupation. ;) Hey, it's a free movie.

Anyways, it's a VERY styalized flick, that's really(surprsingly) well acted. Actually it's closer to an art film than a mainstream one...whisch is strange given the college setting. Parts are hysterically funny. Most of the film's segments worked on their own(very episodic film) but overall I felt the film didn't work very well. It just didn't come together....

This is not to say it was BAD. There was too much "cool" in it for that to be the case. But I can't recommend it. Two stars out of four.

Sene Unty
Sep 20th, 2002, 12:02:45 PM
Sounds good....I'll have to keep my eye out for this one.....

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 20th, 2002, 04:14:11 PM
Is that the movie with Benjamin Bratt and katie Holmes?

CMJ
Sep 20th, 2002, 04:46:20 PM
Nope....here's th cast list...

James Van Der Beek (Sean Bateman), Ian Somerhalder (Paul Owen), Shannyn Sossamon (Lauren), Jessica Biel (Lara), Clifton Collins, Jr. (Rupert), Faye Dunaway (Mrs. Owen), Ron Jeremy, Swoosie Kurtz, Thomas Ian Nicholas (Mitchell), Kip Pardue (Victor), Fred Savage, Eric Stoltz, Colin Bain (Donald), Jay Baruchel, Claire Kramer, Joel Michaely

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 20th, 2002, 05:46:25 PM
Oh Okay, I was thinking of the wrong film, I was thinking of Abandon, looked it up on IMDB, I just knew it took place at college and I had saw the preview to it the other week.

JonathanLB
Sep 21st, 2002, 02:06:28 AM
Looks pretty lame to me. Sick, stupid subject matter, blah. Little potential. We'll see, I hope I am surprised, but I would guess I'd give it the same rating as you, 2 stars. I'll cross that bridge when I get there :)

CMJ
Sep 22nd, 2002, 09:29:34 AM
Well I only saw it cause I got in free man. :p

Can't beat a FREE movie...that you get to see EARLY. ;)

JonathanLB
Sep 22nd, 2002, 10:41:14 AM
I have spent $717.45 on movies from March through September NOT including any repeat showings (52 AOTC viewings and a few other films I saw twice). I did all of my accounting the last few days, figured out what my tax deductibles were so far this year. Dang, lots of cash spent.

CMJ
Sep 22nd, 2002, 10:45:00 AM
I also have a pass to a movie this coming week(man I don't remember what it is). It was rather amusing as my buddy and I fabricated our profession when asked by one of the people running the screening.

We scored the flick on this survey thing and then Randy actually got picked to be in the focus group that discussed the film for about 20 minutes. I hope I get picked next time...he got 10 bucks. :p

Threepio
Sep 22nd, 2002, 02:55:41 PM
Jon, i would take the money you spent on movies alone and buy myself a new car. :cry

Sene Unty
Sep 23rd, 2002, 11:30:05 AM
mmmmmmmm.....new car. I want one of those.