PDA

View Full Version : The Funniest Counter Strike Cartoon... EVER

Dark Lord Dyzm
Sep 19th, 2002, 09:52:16 AM
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=59679

CLICK ON IT!!!

It is flash, but so funny. And I have seen some pretty bad crap made but never at Newgrounds.

Morgan Evanar
Sep 19th, 2002, 10:04:37 AM
Wow... that was not funny at all. Between the bad spelling, the overall lack of animation skill presented, and the real lack of cohesion, I'm underwhelmed.

Jehova Eaven
Sep 19th, 2002, 10:11:16 AM
and its on newgrounds, so you know what that means fellow broadband users... SLOWNESS! Argh! its not even worth looking it when you have to deal with that speed.

Robi
Sep 19th, 2002, 04:50:29 PM
I just get this:

Warning: Can't create a new thread (errno 11). If you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug in /home/tfulp/html/gold/session.php on line 61

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't create a new thread (errno 11). If you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug in /home/tfulp/html/gold/session.php on line 61
* Can't connect to melvin.troma.com as newgrounds
* MySQL Error: Can't create a new thread (errno 11). If you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug
Warning: mysql_close(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/tfulp/html/gold/session.php on line 78

Leeloo Mina
Sep 19th, 2002, 09:49:57 PM
I'm too lazy to watch it right now, maybe later :)

Nupraptor
Sep 19th, 2002, 10:40:30 PM
Don't bother. The first two posters summed it up nicely.

The spelling and grammar were painful, and the animation was atrocious. There's one stick figure who's head is a different shade of blue than the rest of its body.

Coco Blake
Sep 19th, 2002, 10:43:48 PM
I've seen better :\

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 19th, 2002, 10:57:47 PM
The suckiest suck to ever suck!

Kregain Richtien
Sep 19th, 2002, 11:00:30 PM
its funny

Coco Blake
Sep 19th, 2002, 11:02:33 PM
Originally posted by Diego Van Derveld
The suckiest suck to ever suck!

LMFAO :crack

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 19th, 2002, 11:32:33 PM
Okay, so I dont get it.

Coco Blake
Sep 19th, 2002, 11:35:32 PM
Don't worry. Not overly funny anyways :p

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 19th, 2002, 11:41:10 PM
Now that I've actually seen it...

...WTF, that was the absolute crappiest waste of bandwidth in the history of mankind! I'd rather watch Justin Timberlake wax his bikini line than that POS!

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 19th, 2002, 11:42:08 PM
So its a WOMBAT link?

Coco Blake
Sep 19th, 2002, 11:43:05 PM
A who??? O_o

Dark Lord Dyzm
Sep 19th, 2002, 11:44:47 PM
You guys must not be TRUE counter-strike fans... shame on you... SHAME ON YOU ALL!!! Anyone who plays CS often will understand. And the bad spelling is something to make fun of also.

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 19th, 2002, 11:52:11 PM
Morgan plays about 1000 times more CS than you, and he also found it about as funny as testicular cancer. Therefore, I have to call shenanigans!

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 19th, 2002, 11:52:15 PM
WOMBAT - Waste Of Money, Bandwidth And Time

Coco Blake
Sep 19th, 2002, 11:54:02 PM
AH. Okay. Yep, I guess it is...

Nupraptor
Sep 20th, 2002, 07:59:30 AM
I was praying that the poor spelling was intentional. But it reared it's ugly head even in the "narrated" parts.

Dae Jinn
Sep 20th, 2002, 09:04:24 AM
Some people just have bad spelling....:x It's Le Ick though, I mean, we have SPELL CHECK NOW!!!!

Morgan Evanar
Sep 20th, 2002, 09:09:48 AM
Its possible he plays more CS than I do. I play an average of an hour a day, but I've been doing so since Beta 1.

TRUE counter-strike fans

Um. Ok. I guess my and my clan's year plus tenure in STA's CS leauge means next to nothing.

Tell me, short of us quitting our jobs and playing CS full time, how much more do you want us to do?

Kregain Richtien
Sep 20th, 2002, 09:33:32 AM
lol, I play it as often as I have time for

Kelt Simoson
Sep 20th, 2002, 10:23:47 AM
I only part i found was the sniper parts as i can relate to it, they call me a camping be-atch all the time and im only sniping...thats what a sniper rifle is for right?

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 20th, 2002, 12:11:37 PM
It works unless you have people against you who know what angles and trajectory are, and can divine your position fairly quickly. There's more to sniping than hiding and shooting. For one, I never shoot at first sight. Thats the easiest way to die. To snipe, you get people comfortable in what they're doing. That means sometimes letting some folks move around in your line of fire. What happens is that you can actually find yourself in the midst of an area they control, and one in which they now assume is sovereign ground. They often will be more concerned about getting to the action than to notice there's a sniper now in their midst. Their guard's down, and when you finally cut loose, you can catch everyone with their pants down. By the time they recover....you've moved on. Once your massacre is finished, you were never there.

Kelt Simoson
Sep 20th, 2002, 12:20:38 PM
When i snipe i try to find a position where i have a good view on the action, a place to run to for protection if they spot me from the ground or lob a few pinapples (genaes) up to me, IE behind a wall. Quite often this means i try to get quite high up, for instance in Medal Of Honor theres a map that had a building with half a wall in but has two floors only accesible via two ladders. i go to the top floor and look out over the street bearing in mind theres only one way up to this floor and thats up a ladder which is more than easy to gaurd.

Now charley i dunno how you play it but i shoot and kill every ti, i dont playgames so to speak im there to kill not watch unless im on recon,somtimes i may watch like youdo but not often.If there moving i kill em, if there standing still attacking somone else, all the better, but im good at at shooting moving targets. If they see me ive seen them first seeing me and i fire,more often than not they die and forget im there cause theres more action somewere else, if they come back for more and evade my fire then i sit and wait for them to come up the ladder from my protection spot.If they fire at me while im fireing them then i shoot, hide, reload, shoot, hide, reload (sniper rifles you need to reload after everyshot) if they disapear durig which time, i climb into my protection spot again and wait....

All in all i look for a place where i have a wide open view, a place where i can run to if theres more than one guy firing at me or grenades start flying, and where there is only onc door/ladder/entrance to come find meTHUS where its pretty simple to gaurd. If im beaing chased and i only have a sniper rifle, i run in through a door close it behind me and wait for them to come on through.....:)

Ive played sniper for anbout 3 years now charley under a variety of games...i know what im doin':)

Sene Unty
Sep 20th, 2002, 12:24:52 PM
Damn that cartoonwas bad.....I couldn't even watch it all....

Morgan Evanar
Sep 20th, 2002, 12:31:03 PM
You'd be dead in most of the matches I've played in, Charley. Most snipers in leauges have fairly obscene reflexes. I'll have to show you demos of Ash, Renegade or Kaptain Krunch. They're 50% accurate with a sniper rifle. Of course, Counter-Strike has little reflection on reality. In Infiltration, MoH or RTCW, that might be a valid tactic. The maps tend to be larger and more open, presenting a sniper with better angles and hiding places.

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 20th, 2002, 12:50:59 PM
I'm not talking about this computer game nonsense. I'm talking about paint.

Severen Morkonis
Sep 20th, 2002, 12:51:58 PM
Paint ball you mean..well RL is totaly diffrent...

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 20th, 2002, 12:53:49 PM
Of course it is. Because in your games, you respawn and don't have a nagging sense of subcutaneous hemhorrage that you get from being shot in a paintball range. People react differently when pain is involved.

Severen Morkonis
Sep 20th, 2002, 02:50:38 PM
In a way however i would use diffent tactics, but i would proboly try and find the same sort of place.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Sep 20th, 2002, 03:19:06 PM
couldn't even get the damn thing to load....peh....

Dark Lord Dyzm
Sep 21st, 2002, 12:18:59 AM
Hmmm, Must be a Washington Thing to think it was funny then. Maybe in a month or so when you catch up to the video gaming industry you might find it funny.

I showed it to all my friends, and they thought it was freaking hilarious. So, all you primitive video game fans, give me a yell next month. And I'll give ya the link.

Sigh, what I do for my backward cousins in the rest of the States...

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 21st, 2002, 01:03:12 AM
were you chewing on an ingot of solid lead while watching that digital horse manure?

Dark Lord Dyzm
Sep 21st, 2002, 01:08:37 AM
Honestly, you will find it funny someday... You might even get a new Playstation... ok, say it with me... Play-Station. 2 words, combined into one! It now uses CD's.
You just don't get the beauty of it, its a master piece! And plus, it was made awhile ago. The second one is already out, and its already number 5 at Newgrounds. You here, are the minority! A small group of people who decided to hate something they didn't understand!!! HA! I know what it is!!! You all racist against blue stick people!!! THEY HAVE FEELINGS TOO!

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 21st, 2002, 01:24:31 AM
Never breed. Ever. In fact, take this butter knife and give yourself a vasectomy, to protect the future of mankind.

Morgan Evanar
Sep 21st, 2002, 01:31:34 AM
THEY HAVE FEELINGS TOO!

Yes. The sole reason they have feelings is so that they whimper properly when I crush them underfoot.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Sep 21st, 2002, 01:49:37 AM
Protect the Future of Mankind???

I AM THE FUTURE!!!

I am going into the media bussiness. Learning how to make movies, comercials... I am learning to direct! I will then place hidden messages in every movie, making people even more mindless then they are now! I will control them! YOU WILL ALL BE MY SLAVES!!! MAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

First off, as Ruler of the Planet Earth, I will have a George Lucus Clone edit TPM with the technologies of the day. We will have Jar Jar Binks Killed at his first 5 minutes. And then in honor of his killing, Boss Nass will invite them down and then speed them on there way after Obi-Wan finds out Gungan's taste really good with ketchup. Anakin will be edited to someone a bit older... older then Amadala. He will be a slave still, but a slave which is beaten etc. Almost like in Connan the Barbarian. He steals the Pod Racer from Jabba the Hutts Rival. Jabba, who finds it amusing. Offers to buy Anakin and free him if he wins. But then goes back on his deal when he does win. Anakin then in anger, helps the jedi steal the parts from Jabba if they in turn free him and remove the explosive device. Now this all takes skill and they manage to get the slave controller from Jabba's slave master. In his rage. Jabba kills the man after everyone escapes and replaces it with the Droid we see in ROTJ. From there, everything is about the same, except with a older Anakin and no Jar Jar.

Kelt Simoson
Sep 21st, 2002, 04:20:19 AM
Primitive Game Player?:\...been playing games since i was 4 years old buddy..sonot a good staitment there from you...just cause you find it funny dont mean everyone else has to...:\

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 21st, 2002, 05:56:12 AM
I gave up after it refused to allow me to click "Play" |I

Zatania Duvall
Sep 21st, 2002, 10:35:27 AM
It won't work for me. :p

Leeloo Mina
Sep 21st, 2002, 12:18:59 PM
I've been too lazy to try to watch it. *shrugs* :p

Dark Lord Dyzm
Sep 21st, 2002, 02:27:00 PM
Yep Primitive, you get all your games after us in Washington do.
So you are at least... 5 days behind us in Video Games... It takes that long to ship the games to the rest of the states. They hold them until the release date. But I have a friend on the inside! I get the games earlier!!! So you are all Primitive!!!

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 21st, 2002, 02:29:53 PM
The fact that the games reach us later doesn't mean we're primitive, it just means we have a bit more patience.

Jared Mriad
Sep 21st, 2002, 02:32:30 PM
Yep Primitive, you get all your games after us in Washington do.
So you are at least... 5 days behind us in Video Games... It takes that long to ship the games to the rest of the states. They hold them until the release date. But I have a friend on the inside! I get the games earlier!!! So you are all Primitive!!!

I love my insider ^_^

Dark Lord Dyzm
Sep 21st, 2002, 02:46:36 PM
damn, you all taking this so serious...

Washington is just home to Nintendo of America, Sony of America, and Microsoft, but then you gotta go and bad-mouth Washington.

You think we are trash, you think just because we have Valcanos, we must be losers! SHUT UP!!! I can read your thoughts! Just Shut-up!!! You think that having the only Rainforest in the United States that we should be beaten black and blue!!! Why do you hate Washington so much? WHY???

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 21st, 2002, 02:51:16 PM
Someone has been eating too much sugar :|

Dark Lord Dyzm
Sep 21st, 2002, 02:54:39 PM
You say that as if its a bad thing...

Crystal
Sep 21st, 2002, 06:39:48 PM
o_O

Uhhhhhh.

*backs away*

You've scared ME.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Sep 22nd, 2002, 02:24:47 AM
WHOO!!! Its a Record!!! Save this thread!!!

Commander Keen will be so pleased!!!

Leeloo Mina
Sep 22nd, 2002, 12:45:07 PM
:lol :lol

YAY FOR COMMANDER KEEN!!

*makes the Keen sound effects* :)

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 22nd, 2002, 02:53:52 PM
*watches it*

Fneh. Gives blue people a bad name. :p

Dark Lord Dyzm
Sep 22nd, 2002, 08:02:01 PM
Blue people are just people who haven't breathed in a bit.

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 22nd, 2002, 08:12:33 PM
Or are from the Ozarks

Sejah Haversh
Sep 23rd, 2002, 12:06:44 AM
Yeah, but, you forgot to mentiont he four months of solid rain in winter that we get here in Washington. I must say, as a not so avid gamer, that's quite dpressing...

Leeloo Mina
Sep 23rd, 2002, 02:46:05 AM
Originally posted by Diego Van Derveld
Or are from the Ozarks

What's wrong with the Ozarks?!

...wait, dont answer that. :p

Nupraptor
Sep 23rd, 2002, 09:02:43 PM
Maybe in a month or so when you catch up to the video gaming industry you might find it funny. So says the man playing a mod for a 4 year old game. :p

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 23rd, 2002, 09:17:39 PM
ouch

Morgan Evanar
Sep 23rd, 2002, 10:29:10 PM
I play it because my UN1 people are like family that I'm happy to see.

If we changed games I probably would switch without a second thought.

Moltar
Sep 23rd, 2002, 11:49:19 PM
I laughed, I cried, I spewed chunks after t took me five minutes to find the play button.

Quite frtankly I could of gone through life with out watching that, but I guess now I'm scared for life.

Does anyone have a mint?

Leeloo Mina
Sep 24th, 2002, 12:19:35 AM
Yeah, sure. *hands him a peppermint :p and saves some wedding mints for herself* Mm.. wedding mints..

Lord Gue
Sep 24th, 2002, 12:20:19 AM
mmm, pillow mints

Leeloo Mina
Sep 24th, 2002, 09:01:12 PM
the kind at the hotels?

The hotel in miami didnt have pillow mints!!

I HATE THEM!

Dark Lord Dyzm
Sep 24th, 2002, 10:52:48 PM
Point me to a better one, and I'll play it.
Outcast is fun, but it lacks a certain... team effort.
America's Army is still full of glitches. Battlefield 1942 Lags like Hell.

So of course I am playing Mods. Which keep being updated and made new.

Day of Defeat for example. I'm better at DOD then CS... alot better. CS I'm just an average player. In DOD, 90% of the time, I in the top 1 or 2 spots.