PDA

View Full Version : Out On the Town (Sith and allies, open)

Gouyen Chee
Sep 18th, 2002, 03:04:25 PM
OOC: Just a couple of Sith apprentices, out having a little fun and not thinking about fighting -- hey, this is their homeworld and capital city -- they don't want to upset the neighbors....

The setting sun illuminated the tips of the tallest towers of Coronet as fingers of darkness filtered in from the Eastern Sea, only to be driven back by the bright lights of Treasure Ship Row and the surrounding streets. A solitary speeder wound its way down from the massif to the west of the city, where the headquarters of the Sith Order crouched like some eldrich beast. Three beings were in that speeder -- a young man, a somewhat older woman and a large red and black brindled canine. The woman reached to the center of the dash and activated the navigation computer.

"Destination?" a contralto voice requested.

"Entertainment district -- bars and restaurants," replied the woman.

"One moment." A pause, then, "Select destination from the list. Or you may go to a general district where bars and restaurants are."

The woman, Gouyen, chose the general district and set the autopilot.

"Estimated time of arrival, fifteen minutes," stated the voice, which then lapsed into silence.

Fifteen minutes later, the speeder slowed and Gouyen began to look for parking. She found a likely spot on a side street, but there was another speeder attempting to back into the space.

"There's another space that's closer, just down the street," she muttered with a wave of her hand and the other speeder took off, leaving them the space. She smiled and parked the speeder.

"The Force can be a damned useful thing," she said to the young Sith apprentice, Sasha Kovalev. She signaled to the canine. "C'mon Robi, let's go," and the trio set out to explore the area known as Treasure Ship Row.

SashaKovalev
Sep 18th, 2002, 03:21:59 PM
He laughed.

"I'd have to agree..." He replied as he stepped out of the passenger side of the speeder and waited on the sidewalk for Gouyen and Robi to join him.

He'd tossed his robes aside for the evening and was dressed rather simply in black. The robes, he'd found, attracted too much attention, and this evening he was out for fun, not in an attempt to cause any sort of trouble.

But his lightsaber he had no left behind. This he carried with him wherever he went, as well as his blaster. Trouble had a way of finding him, and he had learned it was best to be prepared. They walked perhaps a half mile or so before coming to a rather busy district in the city.

"So where do you want to go first?" He asked, his violet eyes scanning the buildings in mild curiousity. They loomed above them, raucous crowds spilling out onto terraces or lines to get in crowding the sidewalks. Some sported signs of 'girls girls girls' while others declared the 'best jazz band' or 'strongest shot in the galaxy'.

Being young, he was up for just about anything, and every now and then, his eyes followed crowds of ladies as they made their way to local clubs. His glances werent leering, but rather a natural curiousity.

And then he looked to Gouyen and Robi.

"I suppose we should find a place to eat first..." He added as a suggestion.

Gouyen Chee
Sep 18th, 2002, 03:42:33 PM
"Let's let Robi decide -- she has an unerring nose for good food."

Robi
Sep 18th, 2002, 03:59:29 PM
Robi raised her massive head and sniffed the air, seeking the most appetizing smells from the general reek of the streets. One stood out -- the delicate aroma of wood fire grilled steak and seafood tantalized her nostrils and set her to drooling. Found one, she told the two Sith as she fought not to dribble saliva on the sidewalk. Follow me, and the two followed the wagging white tip of her brushy tail as she lead them down the street. Hope you're in the mood for steak, she added as she lead them up to a place called "JJ's Bar and Grill."

Gouyen Chee
Sep 18th, 2002, 04:18:35 PM
"Looks good to me," she said, ruffling the canine's headfur. "Bar and grill -- looks like this will take care of our two primary needs -- food and ale."

She turned to enter before being stopped by the doorman. "Sith Order," she said, and he let them pass. She had quickly read his mind and knew that members of the Order had been here before, so those two words would give them carte blanche of the place.

The odd trio was seated to the rear of the restaraunt, with a good view of the entry, and they were served with menus and a pitcher of their finest ale. Gouyen poured two glasses and a bowl and waited to see what the reaction would be to a beer-drinking canine. It was the ususal -- as soon as people heard the sound of Robi's lapping, they turned and looked at the unusual sight. Some laughed, some grimmaced, some just turned their heads. But Robi was, in spite of her canine form, a sentient being, and had every right to be there, no matter how odd her drinking style was.

Gouyen looked up from her menu just as a server droid rolled up. "I'll have the grazer steak, done rare; the canine will have the same thing, done blood rare and Sasha -- have you decided yet?"

Inu
Sep 18th, 2002, 09:11:11 PM
"Accursed bars. Why I frequent them I'll never know..."

Inu-Aku cursed his poor fortune. Not a damn lead to be had.

SashaKovalev
Sep 19th, 2002, 06:46:28 AM
Sasha was more than content with the choice for a restaurant. He hadnt had a good steak in quite some time and this seemed to be the place to come if you wanted it done right.

He took a long drink of his ale whiel he studied the menu, and in the end decided on the same thing as Robi and Gouyen.

"I'll have the same thing, rare, please." He replied as he set the menu down in front of him.

As the waiter took the menus from them and headed off, Sasha took a quick look around the place. He'd known they'd have no problem getting in anywhere - the force was quite useful at times to bend the minds of those who were perhaps a bit weaker in their constitution.

It was as he looked about that his eye caught Inu, his Sith brother enter the establishment.

"Have you met Inu yet?" He asked Gouyen and Robi, turning to them briefly before he sent a slight tug of the force in Inu's direction, causing the sith to turn to see his bretheren seated ata nearby table.

Sasha motioned him over.

"He's a new apprentice with the order..." He explained.

Jehova Eaven
Sep 19th, 2002, 11:39:23 AM
Jehova sat in a booth in the center of the restaurant along with a few of his colleages. Anyone could see they weren't just normal men. Those who had been on the planet long enough knew that there were only two powers that controlled Corellia. The Syndicate, and the Sith Order. These men were among the higher ranks among the first group.

From the expressions on their faces one would think they were discussing business.

Inu
Sep 19th, 2002, 12:53:19 PM
A pull in the Force caught Inu-Aku's attention. He strode to the table and sat down, slouching low and putting his arms behind his head.

"I'll have nothing, thanks," he said to the waiter. "What brings you all here? And who are...they..." He pointed to Gouyen and Robi.

SashaKovalev
Sep 19th, 2002, 01:05:00 PM
sasha couldnt help it as a small grin escaped. As Inu pointed at Robi and Gouyen, he coudnt think of anything but the numerous times as a child his mother had told him it wasnt polite to point.

"They...." He began, nodding to Gouyen and Robi, who were seated there with him and Inu, "Are Robi and Gouyen, members of the Sith Order." His vioet eyes met Gouyen's for a moment, and he grinned a bit wider.

"You sure you dont want anything to eat?" He asked Inu.

He reached for the pitcher and an extra glass that had been set upon the table.

"Beer at least?" He offered.

Gouyen Chee
Sep 19th, 2002, 03:30:14 PM
She shook her head. She hadn't met this strange man-dog and stared at him with the same curiosity that he showed her.

"In full my name is Gouyen Chee and I am an Assazi Warrior as well as a member of the order," she said coolly, "and this is my Cybernian wolf-dog companion Robi."

Her obsidian eyes caught Sasha's violet ones and she broke into a small smile.

"And as for what brings us here, it is simple hunger -- even the Sith must eat." She took a healthy swig from her glass, a trace of foam lingering on her upper lip. "And drink," she smiled. "Are you sure you don't want anything?" she asked as Sasha poured.

Inu
Sep 19th, 2002, 03:33:21 PM
"No alcohol. It clouds the senses."

He cast his eyes at Robi.

"A dog of metal?"

Robi
Sep 19th, 2002, 03:49:32 PM
The Cybernian glared balefully at him with her yellow eyes. No, I am flesh and blood like you are, but at least I know my parents, she said to the assembled party through the Force. She knew that was a nasty thing to say, but right now she wasn't in the mood for being nice to the stranger.

And what are you, dog-man? You have a human head with the ears of a wolf and you smell of dog and man sweat.

Inu
Sep 19th, 2002, 03:53:29 PM
"I am the product of gene-splicing, an outdated method used by a man who didn't believe in anasthetics."

SashaKovalev
Sep 20th, 2002, 08:44:43 AM
He could feel Robi's annoyance, certainly through her words. His violet eyes cast to the table for a moment. The comment had been directed toward Inu, of not knowing his parents, but it affected Sasha a bit too.

He had never known his father, never been given a name to place to an imagined face. It was something he tried to ignore, but it was also the source of his anger. He hated this man he didnt know, yet longed to know him. This weakness bothered him.

But he shook it off, and with the pitcher he'd picked up, refilled Gouyen and Robi's glasses, then topped off his own. His eyes caught Gouyen's for a moment, an almost questioning expression in them. And then he turned back to Inu.

"So, brother, what has brought you out this evening?" He asked Inu, trying to steer the conversation to something a bit safer tha insults among bretheren.

Inu
Sep 20th, 2002, 08:49:47 AM
"Hunger, and business."

SashaKovalev
Sep 20th, 2002, 11:35:10 AM
Sasha nodded, then lifted his pint glass and took a healthy slug of the ale that filled it.

Business was the farthest thing from his mind at the moment and he turned back to Gouyen and Robi.

"What ended up bringing you both to the order?" He asked. He'd asked much about them in his recent talks with Gouyen, but there were still some things he did know. He knew she had trained before, and was a warrior in her community back home, but he didnt know why she had chosen to leave and come to Corellia.

Robi
Sep 20th, 2002, 01:32:26 PM
Her ears drooped a little as she sensed Sasha's response to her remark. No slight meant for you, brother, she tight-beamed to him.

She turned and studied Inu-Aku for a moment. Your maker also had an interesting sense of aesthetics in addition to his disbelief in anesthetics. Something about the doglike ears on the top of his head was both jarring and comforting to her -- canine mood indicators on top of a very human head. Or was it all that human -- she noticed other canine touches to his features -- a feral gleam to his eyes, elongated canines and a nose that reminded her somewhat of a snout.

She shook her head and turned back to her beer -- Sasha had just topped off her bowl. She took a few more laps and turned as he asked them about how they came to join the order She turned to Gouyen with an expectant expression.

SashaKovalev
Sep 20th, 2002, 01:53:56 PM
He heard Robi's assurance to him, and glanced over at her. He gave a slight smile, and winked, as if to let her know that he wasnt offended. He had known she hadnt meant to hurt or insult him, and it wasnt something he broadcasted about to everyone either.

And then the two of them looked to Gouyen, hoping she would tell them all the story of how they came to be on Corellia.

Gouyen Chee
Sep 20th, 2002, 02:40:32 PM
"My homeworld is N'dena, which is out in what you call the Unknown Regions. It is the chief world of the Assazi Combine, which includes, amongst others, the worlds of Cybernia and Selnath. Legend -- or is it history -- it's so far back in time that the two blur together -- has it that the Assazi are descended from the original Sith, shortly after they were taken over by the renegade dark Jedi. The Assazi were very high caste magicians and priests, and saw right through the dark Jedi's lies. They learned their technology and stole their ships and wandered the galaxy until they chose N'dena as their homeworld. So caught up were the Assazi in settling their new home that they forgot about the rest of the galaxy -- the Republic was just a rumor to them. In this isolation they developed their own version of the Jedi knights, the tendia or warriors. They kept the peace and defended the Combine using the dark side, always keeping the overall benefit of the group primary to all their actions. There is also a much smaller group of what could be called monks, who study the light side. They're much more passive in their actions, which relate primarily to healing and record-keeping. The Assazi recognize that both sides of the Force are necessary and that each has its own strengths and weaknesses. The darkside is seen as more suiting to a warrior's path and is therefore the one most used."

She took a deep draught of her ale and continued. "News of the Empire and the Rebellion shook us out of our isolationist complacency, particularly when it was discovered that a pair of Sith lords ruled the galaxy. But the Assazi never joined the Empire, which in retrospect was probably a good thing. But our curiosity was piqued and as soon as the New Republic stabilized, emissaries were sent out to learn about this part of the galaxy. I was one of them -- my first mission was to Coruscant, where I came across Robi," and she gave the canine a companionable hug, "and found out that there were still those who called themselves Sith in this part of the galaxy. So I was sent here to find out about them -- were they just dark side Force users who called themselves Sith, or did they embrace and keep the ancient teachings. Now I know that they keep to the old ways, and I am quite proud to consider myself a member of the order." She took another swig from her glass, eying Sasha over the edge. "Does that answer your question?" she asked as she refilled her glass.

She was about to signal for another pitcher when their steaks arrived. "About time too," she remarked as she dug in. She looked up at Inu-Aku. "Are you sure you don't want anything?"

Inu
Sep 20th, 2002, 02:46:59 PM
"I ate already, but sure. I'll have the house special."

SashaKovalev
Sep 20th, 2002, 02:52:15 PM
The first part of the story he remembered from their discussions, but was glad to have it recounted, for it was always good to know, and know well the stories of those you considerd friends.

The second part had been new, and did indeed answer his question. He grinned and nodded.

"Yeah, it does." He replied, moving slightly to allow their waiter to set his plate down in front of him.

"We'll have another round..." He added, to the waiter before turning back to Inu, Robi, and Gouyen.

He waited until Inu had responded to Gouyen before he asked his next question.

"So when you were on Coruscant....did you spend time with the jedi?" He asked.

Gouyen Chee
Sep 20th, 2002, 03:28:05 PM
"Goodness no!" she exclaimed to his question. "I was given strict orders not to associate with any Force-using order, particularly ones with the name 'Jedi' in them. Besides, Skywalker had moved everything to Yavin IV, with I found rather amusing, considering the history of that world."

She grinned wryly as she sliced into her steak. "The Assazi have a very long memory."

She took a bite and chewed slowly, savoring the prefectly grilled meat. "I kept at a distance, observing and taking notes. I noticed the strife among the Jedi, the dark Jedi and the Sith and could not understand it. For the Assazi, the light and the dark are merely opposing manifestations of the same principle -- the Force. Having the two sides battle in endless internicine conflict seemed a waste to me, but now that I have gotten a better view of the Jedi, I understand the conflict." She shot Sasha a meaningful glance -- she knew that he knew what she was talking about but she didn't want to bring up any painful memories.

She took another bite of steak and let it almost melt in her mouth before she continued. She looked to Sasha, then to Inu-Aku, then back to Sasha.

"You now know all my story -- how about yours. How did you come to join the Order?"

SashaKovalev
Sep 23rd, 2002, 11:06:38 AM
He chuckled at her quite shocked exclamation. As she explained further, he took a bite of the steak, thinking that he hadnt eaten so well ever in his life. The steak was perfect, and this place, he would come back to, time after time when he had the chance.

He nodded slightly when she looked to him. He caught the meaning behind her glance and smiled faintly, a wry expression on his face. The memory wasnt as painful now, for he had learned much from it, and strangely enough, it had turnd out for the best.

He took another drink of his ale, and then shrugged in answer to her question.

"I wish it were half as interesting..." He replied with a grin. He set his fork down for a moment and leaned back a bit in his seat, ale still in hand.

"Im originally from a small, relatively remote planet. Its been a remote imperial training center since before I was born and I'd always figured I'd join the empire once I was old enough, but my mother wasnt doing too well, so when most of my friends left I stayed back home working odd jobs to take care of her." He made no mention of a father as he spoke.

"She passed away almost two years ago now, and after she died, I guess I just felt like I had to get away from home, get away from everything. I wanted to do something different, go where no one would know me." Had it only been Gouyen there, he might have explained exactly why he'd had these feelings. He might have explained that not having a father had been a source of shame for him, a source of anger for him over all these years. He might have admitted that he'd set out partially in search for the man, and partially in a search for himself. Instead he only mentioned the search for himself.

"Its stupid, but I just wanted to figure out who I was, and the more I read, the more I researched, and the more I heard about the Sith here and there, it just seemed like a place where I'd fit in."

He shook his head and grinned a bit.

"It took a while to find the Order, though..." He stated with a roll of his eyes. The castle location wasnt exactly broadcasted throughout the galaxy.

He picked up his fork again.

"It was worth it though...." He added.

"I couldnt imagine myself anywhere but with the order now..."

Inu
Sep 23rd, 2002, 11:11:28 AM
"Feh. The order..." Inu-Aku repeated.

SashaKovalev
Sep 23rd, 2002, 12:43:47 PM
Sasha's violet eyes turned immediately to face Inu. He stared steadily at the apprentice. This was not the first time Sasha had heard him be rather disrespectful around other members of the order, but as far as the young knight was concerned, it would be his last.

He had listened to him be rude to him, to Cherice, and then to Dea and now Gouyen and Robi. And lastly, the final straw, the order for which he cut off his own hand.

"Do you care to explain your complete lack of regard for the order which you willingly chose to join?" He asked, the tone of his voice holding the anger he kept contained - for the moment.

"The order to which everyone at this table is a loyal member?"

Inu
Sep 23rd, 2002, 04:38:08 PM
"Where are the masters, the teachers of this order? I am convinced skilled members do not exist, save for Lady Vader, who no one ever sees. Is there any formal training of any sort there? Training Missions certainly teach apprentices how to fight, but how is one to learn Force control in physical combat? Is there any form of leadership? I have yet to see hide or hair of anyone resembling a leader."

He stated his problems quickly and coldly, matching Sasha's stare.

SashaKovalev
Sep 23rd, 2002, 05:00:17 PM
At the mention of his master, Sasha smirked a bit. She was more than available, was easy to find if you sought her out. If she felt you were worthy of her time.

The others, he could not speak for. But they were there, Live Wire, was quite skilled, and a formidabble opponent. Master Dyzm, and Lord Gue. Jeseth Cloak and Jehova Eaven.

They were there.

"You question the presence of those to teach you, yet when lessons were offered, you made no effort to take anyone up on them. I have offered, Cherice has offered, and if you wish to question my skill, I would be happy to meet with you on the training grounds, apprentice ."

Sasha rarely used such titles, with the exception of using them for his master to show her respect, or the the elders.

But clearly this was a topic that he felt quite passionately about. And the disrespect of his elders, his peers, and his order angered him.

"You learn to use the force through self training, through training with masters, and by working with your peers. If you need help, you have but to ask for it, brother."

Inu
Sep 23rd, 2002, 05:04:50 PM
"Tch..." he looked to his arriving meal, saying nothing more. His pride wouldn't allow him to ask; it had barely allowed him to join the order.

SashaKovalev
Sep 23rd, 2002, 05:14:22 PM
He understood the impatience of Inu. His master, when he had first arrived, had been away often, and there had been so many questions, so many frustrating moments. Later, he would speak with Lady Vader about this brother of his, and he would see what could be done.

But for now, there was nothing.

Slowly, he cut his next bit of the steak and chewed on it, his eyes studying Inu a moment longer.

Gouyen was still, by her title, and apprentice with the order, but she was anything but an apprentice. A warrior in her homeworld, Sasha had learned much from her as well. When he had swallowed his bite, he took a drink of his ale, then turned to Gouyen.

"Gouyen, what was the training like back home for you?" He asked.

Jehova Eaven
Sep 23rd, 2002, 05:25:25 PM
Jehova's light chuckle could be heard from the booth followed by the sound of a toast. Obviously they had reached some sort of agreement. They quickly sat back down and continued to eat their food. Jehova of course eating his food rare. His eyes caught a short glance of the apprentices and knights arguing but he decided to ignore it. Something would have to be done about their discipline. Hopefully now that Jeseth was back, something would be done right.

Inu
Sep 23rd, 2002, 07:54:42 PM
Inu-Aku's ears twitched at the sound of laughing and clinking glasses. Looking back, he spotted Jehova.

"It seems we have a chaperone..."

SashaKovalev
Sep 23rd, 2002, 08:51:04 PM
Sasha followed Inu's gaze. He couldnt help but chuckle. He didnt know Jeseth personally, but he had seen him around the palace grounds. And his reputation preceded him.

"So it would seem." Sasha replied with a relaxed expression.

Gouyen Chee
Sep 24th, 2002, 01:19:51 PM
Her obsidian eyes followed the other's gazes until she caught sight of the Ambrellian. A slight nod and a small smile acknowledged her awareness of his presence.

"Looks like we'd better mind our manners then," she said with a wry face. She took another couple of bites of steak and washed them down with a draught of the excellent ale.

"You asked about my training," she stated, changing the subject back again. "Since Force sensitivity is universal amongst the Assazi, our training methods are a little different. Force training is universal, and starts in infancy with the parents encouraging the babies' Force talents, so they learn the Force as they learn to walk and talk. When they grow older and start attending school, the children are sorted out by their level of Force talent and trained accordingly. Training is done in groups; it is not until a person is accepted into the order, that is, the Assazi Order, that there is much one-on-one, master-apprentice training. And of course a student, or na-tendi is encouraged to learn in any way possible -- on his/her own, from other students, even from other masters."

She took another bite of steak and chewed thoughtfully. "The system is actually not that different from the way the Sith Order is now," she continued, "except the Assazi have no masterless apprentices. Everyone at that level has a master, which means that masters usually have around ten students at any given time. This allows a master, or usu-tendi to lead a group class, teach one-on-one or have the students work with one another. Then, when the master thinks it's time, the na-tendi is tested. If s/he passes, the s/he becomes a full-fledged warrior, or tendi."

She drained her glass and refilled it. "I wonder if such a method could work with the bottom-heavy Sith Order," she mused.

Inu
Sep 24th, 2002, 01:27:48 PM
"Can't hurt to try..."

He looked at his meal, some form of mashed potatoes and thick slices of ham. He looked around; his plate stood out next to the 3 rare steaks. Inu-Aku smiled, he wouldn't have it any other way. He took a bite of the ham.

"Good stuff, that..."

SashaKovalev
Sep 24th, 2002, 05:47:43 PM
Sasha listened carefully. He truly was a scholar - always intetested in attaining new pieces of information. He never took forgranted an opportunity to learn - no matter who was teaching the lesson. And Gouyen, he listened particularly attentively to, for he knew that her words were words of wisdom.

"I wonder if it might work..." He agreed, considering this. He was more one for the old fashioned way - the one to one master to apprentice relationship, but was not opposed to others taking a different path.

"Perhaps you might suggest it to the elders..." He offered.

And then looked to Inu as he commented on his food.

"Yeah, my steak is excellent." He said, adding in his two cents.

The place was beginning to get crowded. It was clearly a very popular place in the city.

"So where should we go after dinner?" He asked before taking another bite of the steak.

Inu
Sep 24th, 2002, 10:44:08 PM
"Someplace outside."

The answer was immediate, without a thought given to it.

SashaKovalev
Sep 25th, 2002, 02:26:23 PM
Sasha nodded, a thoughtful expression on his face.

"It is a nice night out..." He looked to Gouyen and Robi.

"Does that sound ok with you? I think we might have passed an outdoor place on the way here..."

Gouyen Chee
Sep 25th, 2002, 02:49:36 PM
"I have no problems with being outside -- it is indeed a lovely night out tonight. If nothing else we can wander Treasure Ship Row and take in the sights."

She attacked the remainder of her meal with a vengence, eager to be moving on.

Inu
Sep 25th, 2002, 02:55:21 PM
"Outside at Treasure Ship Row is just as bad as inside one of its establishments."

Robi
Sep 25th, 2002, 02:58:32 PM
Outside sounds good to me too, Robi added, licking her plate clean.

Her table manners were not the best by human standards as she used no utensils, only her flexible forepaws and her formidable jaws.

I like to take in new scents.

She turned to Inu-Aku. How is it with you, dog-man -- are you as aware of the scents around you as your making suggests? There was no trace of mockery in her tone, only matter-of-fact curiosity.

Inu
Sep 25th, 2002, 03:19:06 PM
"I am."

He finished off a slice of ham and began on another.

SashaKovalev
Sep 25th, 2002, 05:52:06 PM
Sasha did his best to ignore Inu's comment about the outside being as bad as the inside. This was one unhappy guy, he thought to himself. It seemed there was nothing he enjoyed.

Sasha pushed his plate aside slightly, then poured another glass of ale. He topped off the other's glasses as well, then leaned back in his seat, drink in hand.

"Are the scents overwhelming...?" He asked. Being human, his nose was pretty normal, but he was sensitive to the fact that those with him would possibly be more affected by the smokey atmosphere of a bar.

Inu
Sep 25th, 2002, 05:57:43 PM
"They are, and occasionally some scents block others. In bars full of alcohol and smoke I can barely smell a thing."

Robi
Sep 25th, 2002, 06:31:57 PM
Then you have to learn discrimination the Cybernian remarked through the Force. It just requires practice -- and use of the Force can help. I learned how to do it, and so can you -- I can help if you need. She cocked her head and gazed golden-eyed at Inu quizzically.

Inu
Sep 25th, 2002, 08:37:44 PM
Another offer of help. Inu-Aku slouched, putting his arms behind his head and started counting idly on his claws. Finally, with an almost visible effort, he smiled at Robi.

"Sure, why not? Teach me sometime."

Robi
Sep 27th, 2002, 10:57:42 PM
Robi gave Inu-Aku a sidelong glance.

How about when we leave here? I want you to tell me everything you smell as we walk along the Row. And I mean everything.

And you can work on your attitude while you're at it and she fixed the Jakel with an unblinking yellow-eyed gaze.

Inu
Sep 27th, 2002, 11:00:56 PM
He sighed as he finished off the potatoes.

"I do not mean to sound rude. I am unaccustomed to asking for help. I have gotten by for all of my life on my own; assistance is a new thing for me."

He gave a half-scoff, half-laugh.

"I barely managed to bring myself to join the Order."

Robi
Sep 27th, 2002, 11:55:48 PM
She raised her eyebrows at this -- a canid who didn't know of the benefits of the pack, she mused to herself. But he can be taught, and she would be the best teacher as she shared most of his attributes.

How do you feel about asking for help? she asked. Does it make you feel inadquate?

Inu
Sep 27th, 2002, 11:57:54 PM
"I feel as if I'm wasting my time, that assistance to any creature is a sign of weakness on the part of he who is being helped! I will not be taken for a weakling, and I will see to the deaths of all mislabel me as such!"

Robi
Sep 28th, 2002, 12:12:22 AM
In a way, asking for help is an admission of weakness, but it is also an expression of wisdom. If you are weak, and you know you are weak and you ask for help, that is the imbodiment of wisdom -- you know you are weak but you wish to remedy that condition. It actually takes a certain amount of courage to admit to weakness, and to seek to overcome it, although it certainly doesn't feel like courage. She cocked her head and winked at him. I know it doesn't make me feel too good.

Inu
Sep 28th, 2002, 12:20:38 AM
"Tell me this; would you rather be a wise weakling or a strong fool?"

Robi
Sep 28th, 2002, 12:31:02 AM
Her eyes narrowed. You're a tough one, dog-man She was getting very annoyed with him and had to supress visions of her snapping his neck with her powerful jaws. The wise one can only grow stronger while the fool can only weaken. So I would prefer to be the wise one aware of her limits -- and if that is what you call weakness, then so be it.

Inu
Sep 28th, 2002, 12:38:19 AM
What she said made sense, but it required him to do the one thing he hated most. He would have to admit weakness. But was it truly weakness? If he was strong, as he would like to call himself, he would have had his vengeance, defeated Satine and the brat, and not been fooled in his first lesson. Swiftly his fist came down, shattering his plate and the table. where he sat. He glared, seething, as the room became a whirlwind of flying objects, crushing patrons and employees. It subsided and he sat down once more, slumping forward with his long hair hidng his face. Quietly he spoke, voice edged with anger.

"I suppose then...I truly am a fool..."

SashaKovalev
Sep 30th, 2002, 09:04:14 AM
Sasha had been drinking his beer, listening to the conversation, but not saying anything, as it was more appropriate to let Robi deal at the moment. She was wise, and there was much she could teach to Inu that the others could not.

But Inu, it seemed, would need many teachers, for there was such an awkwardness to him that he knew not enough to suppress his anger in certain situations. In others, in most, the Sith would welcome the release of anger, would applaud feeding off emotions.

But here, in virtually the only city the order sought to have peace with, he had caused a scene. Destroying his plate, injuring and causing chaos. This was not welcome, nor would it be tolerated.

Sasha stood from his seat, setting his glass down rather firmly in front of him.

"You have much to learn, my brother.and I should not like to be you when your master, or the elders hear of this. Perhaps you should come outside with me for a breath of air." He more ordered than suggested to Inu.

With a quick glance to Gouyen, "Would you mind settling the bill...? I think we've caused enough damaged here..." He requested, pulling his wallet out and dropping several bills onto the table.

Inu
Sep 30th, 2002, 09:11:25 AM
Inu-Aku, stalked from the bar, preceeding Sasha and leapt atop a lamppost. He'd caught hell like this before and dug himself in for a long lecture. Curse his animalistic ways...

SashaKovalev
Sep 30th, 2002, 01:00:28 PM
Sasha watched him stalk out, and once outside, leap to the top of a lampost. The streets were littered with people, some too intoxicated already to notice such a thing, or to care. Others pointed and whispered, for it was a rather odd thing to see.

Come down from there. He sent to Inu, refusing to look silly calling up to him.

As he waited, he pulled a pack of cigarettes from the inside pocket of his jacket, and put one to his lips, considering lighting it.

And then remembering that Inu was rather sensitive to smells, he pulled it from his lips, and held it, unlit in the closed palm of his hand.

"What you have done in there will cause months to repair." He began, the tone of his voice carrying the anger he felt. He was proud of the sith order, and all that it stood for. They were at peace with the city, and for one such as Inu to come in, and in a flash of stupidity ruin this delicate balance with an obvious display of the force was a threat. Patrons would not soon forget what they had seen, ruining business at the establishment, and questioning the safety of the order not so far from their homes, their city.

"But you will repair it."

"Do you understand what your foolish actions have done?" He demanded, his voice low and controlled, though carying, quite clearly, his distate and anger with the situation.

Inu
Sep 30th, 2002, 04:21:05 PM
"They fear ME. They have no cause to fear you, their saviors. I broke the table, you ran me out. Inside they have 2 drinks waiting on you; the bill is free. Even now they watch expectantly from inside. Clearly they expect you to kill me."

SashaKovalev
Sep 30th, 2002, 04:35:16 PM
Sasha was silent for a moment before he spoke.

"Perhaps that is what they expect." He replied, yet his hand never went to his saber, and he never once made any attempt with the force.

"But you are my brother, and what you have done does not warrant death. It does warrant a reprimand, though, and more than that, you will learn from this mistake and you will not make the same mistake a second time."

"The Order exists in delicate balance with the people of this city. They fear us to some degree, but rely on on us for protection. In exchange, we have this city, we have the trade that comes in and out of here...."

He sighed.

"You have to learn when you may release your anger, and when it must be curbed. Has your master not spoken with you of this?"

Inu
Sep 30th, 2002, 04:39:40 PM
The Jackel leaned on his lamppost and grinned wildly.

"As a matter of fact, no."

SashaKovalev
Sep 30th, 2002, 04:45:37 PM
The wild grin irritated him, and he shifted his weight slightly. His arms crossed over his chest as he stared at Inu.

"What had he taught you, brother?" He asked.

Inu
Sep 30th, 2002, 04:50:58 PM
"As of this moment...nothing. My training begins at time and place yet to be decided. Things here in your order move slowly."

SashaKovalev
Sep 30th, 2002, 05:00:41 PM
Things in your order move slowly This finally did it. He had been trying to be patient, had made every effort to help Inu, and they had only been rejected or scoffed at.

He stepped forward, his six foot frame solid and tense with the rage he felt inside.

He would not cause a scene here. He would not.

"This is your order, too, brother and if I have to remind you again it will not be a pleasant reminder." He growled, his violet eyes flashing with anger.

He took his loyalty to the order seriously. And these comments by Inu insulted not only him, but all that the order stood for. A family. A family that Inu was a part of.

Inu
Sep 30th, 2002, 05:39:43 PM
"My family, you mean."

He glowered, hunching, hand on his katana. He looked every inch a wild animal.

"I was a part of a 'family', once. This 'family' wished for its 'children' to become great bringers of destruction, of death. Many of its 'children' died in the process, I am the only 'child left of that 'family'! This family is no better. It is divided; that much is clear after the argument before our latest training mission! One suggestion, not even a rude one, and weaponry was brandished and chaos ensued. The 'mothers' and 'fathers' show rarely; lately those accepting new 'family' have been the apprentices, the 'children'! Is there a council? Is there some form of leadership? The great TSO is nothing at all as I had heard!"

He paused.

"This is what I think, it is my opinion. I believe this Order could be great once more; but in its current state, I believe it owes every comment I've made."

SashaKovalev
Sep 30th, 2002, 06:25:06 PM
Sasha listened to these words. Whatever had made Inu who he was was important in his training, it would have some bearing in the mistakes he made, but this would matter little after enough warnings.

"You are mistaken, my brother." He replied, his face still flushed in anger.

"If you have these issues, go to the discussion chamber in the palace and bring them to the elders. If you feel so strongly, then bring your words there but do not take out your anger on the people of this city. Bring them to the people you complain about. To complain to yourself, to these people here, to anyone other than the order is unfair to your bretheren. And insulting. Call me a child all you want, my brother, but I earned my title, and I have offered on more than one occasion to teach you what you wish to know. It is not my problem, or the fault of the others that you are too full of pride and too foolish to ask for help or to take what is offered."

"Now bring your grievances to the discussion chamber and give the members of the order a chance to respond. Until you do so, any words against this order will be considered treason. Do you understand that?"

His violet eyes stared at Inu, his face set in anger.

Inu
Sep 30th, 2002, 06:28:38 PM
"Feh. I understand all too well."

He pulled his katana from his belt and slung it over his shoulder as he walked away. Nearby was a city with no alliances to the Order. He'd whittle his anger away there.

SashaKovalev
Sep 30th, 2002, 07:00:39 PM
Sasha watched Inu turn from him and begin to walk away.

"Why walk away, brother? You complain of your family, yet you are the first to turn your back on them. I am still here, waiting to help you become what is is you seek to become."

"Or at the very least, to give you someone to come to with your concerns. I will go with you to the dicussion chamber, if that is what you need." This was his last offer.

Gouyen Chee
Sep 30th, 2002, 07:05:03 PM
Gouyen remained inside, talking to the manager and settling up the bill.

"I am most sorry at the damage wrecked by one of our younger apprentices and am grateful that no one was seriously hurt." The words of a diplomat, smoothing over ruffled feathers.

"Don't worry -- I personally will take care of the damage." And later take it out of Inu-Aku's hide.

"No, I insist. I have no wish for anything that may strain relations between the city and the order." Got to make nice with the neighbors.

"Good-bye now. And I look forward to returning." Not sure whether that was a threat or a promise.

She strode out the door and caught the last bit of Sasha's and Inu's "discussion." She watched as Inu silently pulled his katana from his belt and slung it over his shoulder, then walked away. She let him go for a number of yards, then told Robi: "Just don't kill him."

Robi
Sep 30th, 2002, 07:11:14 PM
The Cybernian charged at the retreating figure, knocking him face-first into the pavement. She latched on to the arm holding the katana and held him down with her not insubstantial bodyweight while she waited for Gouyen and Sasha to catch up.

Inu
Sep 30th, 2002, 07:50:12 PM
"What in all the hells?"

His temper snapped; the anger in him channeled into the Force. He threw Robi off and brandished his katana.

"Some family! Come on then, mutt!"

Robi
Oct 1st, 2002, 03:30:58 PM
Robi spun around and landed on her feet, growling at Inu. You need to learn discipline, pup, she growled at him through the Force.

She could see Gouyen pull out her blaster and change the setting on it. As she aimed, Robi feinted towards the Jakel's legs, then danced away as the stun ray hit home.

Gouyen Chee
Oct 1st, 2002, 03:33:40 PM
Gouyen pulled out her blaster and changed the setting to "stun." Aiming carefully and trusting in Robi's training, she fired. The Jakel collapsed in a heap and Gouyen rushed towards him, holstering her blaster. She pinned him down with a knee and freed the katana from his grasp.

"Believe it or not, I don't like doing this," she told the dazed but still conscious figure. "But your behavior has forced my hand. I'm taking you back to the palace, where you can learn some self-restraint and some manners."

She signaled for Sasha to come over and help her. "I'm taking him back to the palace," she told him. "It's safer that way -- can't have an unruly beast," and her tone took on an exceptional viciousness, "running around, destroying all that the order has labored to create."

With Sasha's help, she managed to drag the protesting form of the Jakel back to the speeder.

SashaKovalev
Oct 1st, 2002, 04:46:21 PM
He'd watched her pull her blaster and set it to stun. He knew why she was doing as she did. He wished it hadnt had to be this way, but it seemed the only option for minimizing the potential damage.

At Gouyen's request, he moved to the fallen figure and assisted Gouyen and Robi in dragging Inu back to the speeder.

He was silent on the ride back, and his thoughts, he kept to himself. He did not like this situation at all, but if this was the way it had to be, this is how it would be.

When they approached the palace, Sasha looked to Gouyen.

"We should bring him to the discussion chamber." He didnt explain why, for he knew Gouyen and Robi had heard the last few pieces of the conversation between he and Inu.

(ooc: If thats cool with everyone, why dont we begin a new thread there...)

Inu
Oct 1st, 2002, 04:53:21 PM
Shot in the back. The story of his life.

"Blast you..."

The stun took its full effect, and Inu-Aku fell unconcious.

OOC: sure, why not? You guys'll have to do it, I'm K.O.'ed.

Zatania Duvall
Oct 1st, 2002, 05:19:34 PM
The voices from the scuffle drew Zatania's attention only to the point of listening. But the recognition of a few of them caused her eyes to avert towards the commotion. She watched quietly, remembering Inu from that little dance, with the argument over what was true beauty. And she remembered Sasha, the man that had been injured during some accident.

She raised a brow, having not truly been paying too much attention to the argument itself, just the tension in their voices. That was what she was more interested in.

SashaKovalev
Oct 1st, 2002, 05:26:33 PM
(ooc: *waves to Zatania* Sorry...would reply...but per my earlier post, we're now back at the palace.

Inu and Gouyen...Im going to start one right now - check for it in the discussion chamber)

Gouyen Chee
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:51:09 AM
OOC: Thread continued here. (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23336)