PDA

View Full Version : Inheriting the Force

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 18th, 2002, 11:50:13 AM
I read this very good article here

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/16739/94442

I agree with a lot of his opinions especially about the Spiderman dialogue which is really not any better than the SW dialogue and that whole Green Goblin thing is hilarious.

ReaperFett
Sep 18th, 2002, 01:09:46 PM
Dafoe was the only good thing in Spiderman :)

JonathanLB
Sep 18th, 2002, 01:11:15 PM
Not any better than the SW dialogue...

...as if anything is. I think NOT.

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 18th, 2002, 02:58:15 PM
You really should take your blinkers off. Star Wars dialogue is trash. Which, half the time, is what makes it good.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 18th, 2002, 03:08:18 PM
Green Goblin's film incarnation resembels what would happen if Darth Maul raped a Power Ranger. I thought the comstumes in Spiderman were all very realistic. And as far as SW dialogue, who cares? As long as things are happening in the movie.

JMK
Sep 18th, 2002, 03:12:38 PM
Green Goblin's film incarnation resembels what would happen if Darth Maul raped a Power Ranger.
That was great!!!! :lol

Star Wars dialogue is so simplistic and corny and bordering on bad, but it is what makes it good. It will never ever win any awards for its dialogue, but it should win every award for its story.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 18th, 2002, 10:09:08 PM
Well the point was the dialogue was simplistic and corny and you didn't see the critics complain about it either. Sure I expect it to be corny dialogue it is a comic book which does have that corny tone (for the most part) and that is what he is criticizing the idiot critics who says Spiderman has great dialogue but SW has bad where is the sanity in that logic. Also Reaper I disagree with you about Defoe, I didn't like him as Osborn, you see I wanted Spacey for the part (Sony wanted him too, but he turned it down) he would have made an awesome Osborn could have rivaled Nicholson's Joker. Hopefully they will pick somebody of good quality to play Ock, so far I heard talk that they are looking at some Swedish actor who played the priest in Good Will Hunting and the villain in the Glass House, that would be an awful choice, I saw him in the Glass House he was horrible as the villain, if they pick him I will refuse to go to that sequel.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 19th, 2002, 01:56:47 AM
Ew I hate that guy. In a completely non personal way, of course, since I don't know him.

ReaperFett
Sep 19th, 2002, 07:38:54 AM
Skkenlen Skarsgard? I like him, but think ELton John would be better ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 19th, 2002, 12:18:40 PM
Elton John, yeah maybe in a parody. Skkenlen Skarsgard yep thats him, he was good in good will hunting, but he can't play a villain, he was terrible in The Glass House, I just don't think he could pull off Doc Ock. Still I am not certain who they could choose, maybe Christopher Walken, though he might be too tall.

Sene Unty
Sep 19th, 2002, 12:25:49 PM
I would love Elton John as Doc Ock. The man has style!!! :D

JMK
Sep 19th, 2002, 12:55:08 PM
He's somewhat typecase now, but I can also see Mike Myers as Doc Ock...

Sene Unty
Sep 20th, 2002, 12:40:48 PM
No.......no that would not be cool.

JMK
Sep 20th, 2002, 01:07:58 PM
I didn't say I wanted it, I said I could picture it. Because of his fat, square head. :p

ReaperFett
Sep 20th, 2002, 01:08:22 PM
Look, perfect! ;)

JMK
Sep 20th, 2002, 03:00:31 PM
I'm afraid Doc Ock dresses a little too conservatively for Elton John, and that includes the 8 mechanical arms.