PDA

View Full Version : "Dear council..."

Ansatsu
Sep 17th, 2002, 07:38:22 PM
Ansatsu stepped into the room of the council, "Dear council I come before you today for a large question of importance. I have created a martial arts style. It is called the Fuma art. I would like to spread it amongst the jedi. It would not be mandatory, but those who wished to join could. It teaches no force. It only teaches stealth, patience, and and a diffrent fighting style. I am not a knight, but yet this art could help padawans and even jedi. I will teach no force as I know that is wrong. Please though I beg of you let me spread this art. Only the jedi will learn it. So I ask council, please let this pass. It could benefit everyone, and will never be used for evil, I promise." Ansatsu bowed on the ground and looked at the eyes of the council. All he could think about was that he hoped the jedi would approve. If they needed more proof or evidence he would gladly give it to them. He looked at them again, "The first rule of the Fuma art is to not hurt anything and do not fight unless you are threatened. It will teach others how to protect yourself and others without a saber. Please great council I beg of you." Ansatsu awaited an answer.

Anbira Hicchoru
Sep 17th, 2002, 08:03:49 PM
Your place amongst us is that of a padawan learner, and it is your responsibility to learn. That must hold priority over all other actions. One day, when you excel to the status of Jedi Knight, you can take the responsibility of teaching and training. But as you are currently a learner, I must decline your request.

Ansatsu
Sep 17th, 2002, 08:16:21 PM
Ansatsu stood in rebelion, "This is unjust! I am a ninja of the Fuma clan. I can learn and teach thats what I was trained to do. I do not mean to sound harsh, but please this art could save the jedi. It builds patience. I have waited for years to teach this to others. I beg of you I will do anything.....please." Ansatsu took of his mask and cried. It was all he had ever wanted to do in life. All he wanted to was spread his knowledge of his art with others. "If you are truly Master Jedi, then you know how I feel."

Anbira Hicchoru
Sep 17th, 2002, 08:25:03 PM
:: Anbira rose from his seat, intensity flashing in his eyes ::

Control yourself, and listen to what you now say! Your art obviously does not build patience, for you are showing a profound lack of it here. You will respect the laws that govern this Order, and in return, will one day be given the responsibility that you seek. But I will not grant your request in submission to a tantrum.

Ansatsu
Sep 17th, 2002, 08:33:09 PM
"I don't understand. If I am not training people to become Jedi then what is wrong with it. But if the Great Council demands I wait more than I shall. All I ever wanted in life was to teach. Today I was denied that dream. I will go and learn patience, but I am asking you does anyone besides Master Anbira have an opinion? If not then may I be excused? I will come back as a knight and give my request again. Hopefully by then I maybe will have changed your minds. Thank you for your time. Is their any other comments?" Ansatsu glared at Anbira. It seemed as though he hated him. Oh well, hate was not something the jedi taught. Ansatsu had a dream in his past and one day his dream would come true. He looked at the council again, "I apologize for my former behavior. I just feel like I have had my dreams crushed. Maybe one of you knows how I feel. Thank you for your time." Ansatsu waited for anyone else to rise.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 18th, 2002, 10:48:02 AM
"The purpose of being a Jedi Padawan is not to teach, it is to learn, as Master Anbira has stated."

Dasquian paced forward.

"You will have your turn to teach when you achieve the rank that deems you worthy to instruct others in the ways of the Jedi. If you are so devout to your Ninja clan, then seek out others – outside of the Order- of the same nature. You came to this Order to learn the ways of the Jedi, not to preach the teachings of Ninja.”

Verse Dawnstrider
Sep 19th, 2002, 09:11:37 AM
"There is two sides to a coin though. Just because he is a Padawan now does not mean he turned retarted to the world. He may be skilled enough in combat to lick anyone here if they do not use the Force. I do not know, nor do anyone else. I for one will ask him to show me what he knows. He may not be allowed to teach a class, but can show me things if I ask him to. It is the same as padawan's sparring together and helping each other im my eyes. I am not on the council though. Therefor what I have said will not have any ruling in the final vote. I only am voicing my opinion."

Ansatsu
Sep 19th, 2002, 04:37:10 PM
Ansatsu smiled at Verse, "Yes let me show you my skills. If I do that and can prove myself then will you let me teach a class? Please council I beg of you." Ansatsu put his hands up and waited for an answer.

Anbira Hicchoru
Sep 19th, 2002, 05:02:36 PM
It is entirely dependant on whether you reach the standing of Jedi Knight. If Verse wishes to inquire about your art, then that is between you and him alone.

Ansatsu
Sep 19th, 2002, 07:51:34 PM
Ansatsu gave a puzzled look, "So you are saying I may teach people individually, but I may not teach a class? If this is true then can I train individuals and not be excommunicated? I am curious as to what to do. Does the council think I should teach individuals and wait till I am a Knight to teach a class? Is that right oh honorable council?" Ansatsu waited for an answer.

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 19th, 2002, 08:42:00 PM
Navaria listened with furrowed brows through the entire exchange. "Tell me. What is more important to you. Teaching or showing this Council lack of respect because you do not agree with the traditions of the Jedi that have lasted millennia?"

Verse Dawnstrider
Sep 19th, 2002, 09:09:32 PM
"Some of the High-Ranking Jedi are breakin' rules. I will not name anyones names, but I have heard of some Jedi workin' outside of the Order. Sence they ar enot padawans I guess that makes it ok. Not breakin; tradition or anything of course....."

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 19th, 2002, 09:31:04 PM
"This has to do with training students here at the Order, Verse. A Jedi does not train others until they attain Knight status. This is necessary for the Force, and training it to others, is a delicate study.

So, does your accusations have to do what is in question, if not, then such claims need to made before the Council separately."

Figrin D'an
Sep 19th, 2002, 09:46:58 PM
"You are out of order, Verse."

*** A figure stepped forward, out of the far shadow of the council chambers. ***

"Higher ranking Jedi are allowed a degree of leeway, this is true. For they have earned the trust of the Order, and have the experience and knowledge necessary to uphold the principles of the Jedi in extraordinary circumstances. Ultimately, it is the Council that rules upon each situation uniquely after viewing all of the available evidence. Do you question the decisions of the Council?"

"The issue here is a padawan wanting to teach... let the council remain on topic."

Verse Dawnstrider
Sep 19th, 2002, 10:05:14 PM
"What ever......"

::Verse spins on his heel and walks away.::

"Hypocrites........"

OOC: Screw it. I think the whole thing is wrong on both a OOC and IC level. My point is we do TONS of things that is not tradition. This is not even one of the major ones. People as a whole let alot of things slide because they like it. One dude has something he wants to do, and people suddenly are back at "But Tradiation says....." That is just a handicap IMO for stoppin' somthin' you don't like.

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 19th, 2002, 10:08:53 PM
OOC~ that first paragraph should not even matter and some of the other parts too of your post, sorry to go OOC but we all know that this is not the ideal situation with one master to one padawan and it is unfair to quote that because it CAN'T HAPPEN here .. sorry verse. That shouldn't be used as a reason and I honestly tire of people using that as a reason.

no offense.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 19th, 2002, 10:18:43 PM
Wei had been standing in the doorway to the council chambers, watching his cousin plead his case, and it made Wei curious to another question.

"Um... Master Navaria? You said that Jedi could not teach other Jedi until they were Knight. My question has nothing to do with training Jedi, though. My grandpa asked me to pass down his martial art to my children. Suppose I am to have a child but I am still a padawan. Am I not allowed to start my child's training in my grandfather's martial art because I am not a Knight?"

Figrin D'an
Sep 19th, 2002, 10:20:23 PM
OOC: Watch it, Verse... now you are out of order on another level... if you have a problem with the way GJO operates, bring it up in a seperate topic... don't use someone elses IC thread to voice your opinions.

My apologies for the interuption...

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 19th, 2002, 10:20:25 PM
OOC~ sighs big time.

Look, Verse, we can disagree that is fine and I have no problem debated the other things you brought up IC and was going to when I had time, but I just feel it is unfair to judge the tons of padawans to masters when we all know OOC why that situation is the way it is.

Everything else you said had a point and was debateable. I'm sorry that you got offended OOC but I thought by the way I stated things OOC .. it should not be.

And IC, so what if we say it is tradition .. well, it is. GJO always has the Knights train and Padawans don't. Since this was an issue, and as Fig said, this was what was being tossed back and forth. And that was what Navaria was going to do IC ... When I play her as a the Council member, for lack of a better way of saying it, she is very detached and I play her that way.

But, if you don't wish to work with me or the others here OOC and IC then there is nothing that I can do to alleviate the situation when I try and bring things up in a clear manner :\

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 19th, 2002, 10:24:30 PM
"Anbira already answered your question, Wei. Anatsu wanted to teach a class, which is not permitted until he has attained Knighthood. If he wished to impart his knowledge amongst his peers individual, until that time he has the right to train as a Knight, then that is between him and his comrade.

This is your child. It would be a shame for a father to not pass down all he knows to his offspring. Of course you can."

Verse Dawnstrider
Sep 19th, 2002, 10:30:14 PM
OOC:
I am not worring about it anymore. I am not tryin' to voice my opinions on everything as well. I am not usin' this thread for that purpose. The dude just wants to teach others something he knows. Somthin' that may help us all. If anthin' it should be allowed because of teh sortage of masters. I just think sayin' he can't because of tradition is not really fair. That is my point. If he wanted to teach Force related things, I would fully agree with you, but he isn't. He is teachin' somethin' that isn't Force related, and reallys shouldn't need the council's permission.

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 19th, 2002, 10:32:06 PM
OOC: Then he may do so outside of the Order, or whatever. If he's trying to do it in terms of the GJO, however, there is procedure involved.

Verse Dawnstrider
Sep 19th, 2002, 10:35:20 PM
OOC:
Ok, it is up to him though. This will be my last post for this topic. I have said my peace and am done.

Xazor Elessar
Sep 19th, 2002, 10:40:14 PM
Xazor smiled gently at Ansatsu and bowed her head in greeting to the young Padawan.

"Indeed.....Masters Anbira and Navaria speak the truth.....you may not teach until you are a Knight."

She laughed to herself as she reflected on her eagerness to teach as well.......what a gift it was do be able to do so.

"I know what you are feeling....and I agree that teaching individual people your art is good......just as it is good that the Padawans spar and train with eachother. You're very unique, Ansatsu, in the fact that you have this ability. Someday you will be able to pass this on to multitudes as you have dreamed. Patience is key though.....I too was in your position once....but never give up your dream...."

She said softly as her eyes went to the faces of her fellow Council Members....

Sejah Haversh
Sep 19th, 2002, 10:57:05 PM
He hadn't meant to ovehear, but he had. Sejah had been working on his reading outside the council room, for it was usually quiet and little traveled, and was not in the Archives.

But he had overheard, and the mongoose stood and nervously stepped into the Council Room.

"Excuse me," his voice interrupted, "I don't mean to intrude, but, perhaps I might be able to offer an example, Ansatsu."

Setting his electronic books down, he stepped in further seeing as he hadn't been asked to leave yet. "I have been a teacher of a non-Foece art for many years, and do enjoy to teach, but, you must remember that all order must obeyt the laws of a greater order. I agree that you should not be allowed a class as a Padawan, just as I should not have a fencing class of my own to teach, though I could. There is more than teaching than a desire to teach. I don't doubt you know your art well, but, from shat I have heard, you lack the discipline to control an unruly group."

Coming up beside him, though still a few feet away, he continued, "If there was an individual you would like to spend personal time with and learn from and teach as well, that would be one thing, for it is personal interaction that teaches you as well. But a class means you are a teacher, and are above another. As a Padawan, you have given up other loyalties to take one to the Jedi Order instead. That is why you cannot have a class, Ansatsu, not because it is unfair, but because it is there to help you in the long run."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 20th, 2002, 08:16:05 AM
Wei smiled "Thanks, Navaria! Grandpa would be happy." Wei's brow furrowed though.

"Um, can Padawans get together for study-type sessions? Like, if me, Sejah, and Ansatsu were all wanting to discuss oh, say, Force boosting, we could talk and maybe help each other out?"