PDA

View Full Version : The Begining

Kregain Richtien
Sep 17th, 2002, 11:41:52 AM
"WHERES THE COVER FIRE!"

The trench was covered in a yellow/red blast as wave after wave of blaster bolts were poured into the enemy encampment. The dirt disintegrating on contact, lessening the defense with each blow.

He grit his teeth and grabed the comm officer next to him, pulling him close enough to be heard over the heavy weapons fire

"WHERES THE COVER FIRE?!"

"NO IDEA! FLEETS NOT RESPONDING!"

He pushed the man back, disgusted with the report. Looking back, the transports they had landed in had long since been turned to scrap, the pilots killed upon landing.

Rolling over the other active dutymen, unloading their bolts at the enemy, desperatly hoping to score what kills they could before being overrun, he reached the commander of the line. Leaning in to talk to the large man was difficult, his large frame didnt allow him much room in the high trench.

"SIR! FLEETS NOT RESPONDING!"

"I KNOW, SOMETHING AT ENDOR!"

"WHATS THE ORDERS?!"

He reached up and unloaded a few rounds into the enemy position, hoping to stave off an advancement that appeared to be coming.

"HOLD THE ..."

"WHAT SIR?!"

Turning back to the commander he noticed a good half of his face was now nothing more than a gory hole, big enough to shove his fist through. He leaned up on the side of the trench, emptying the rest of his clip into the opposite side, a fit of anger, but used effectively.

He was in charge now, but in charge of what? No way out, the odds were against them 40:1, ammo was runing thin...

Just then an explosion from one side of the trench threw off his train of thought. The canyon, the bastards had gone for it. He had had his men set up an automated laserrifle station on the canyons rim, undoubtedly they had found it, suffered casualties, and destroyed it.

Grabing the nearest officer, he pulled him down to the bottom of the trench.

"CAPTAIN, WHAT HAVE WE LEFT?"

"THE ANTI-AIR EMPLACEMENT, THE FIREARMS WE GOT, AND A FEW TACTICAL EXPLOSIVES SIR!"

The anti-air emplacement, the only thing keeping the puny airforce of these cats away. It wasnt much, but it could accuratly shoot down anything that came their way.

"GET A FEW MEN DOWN INTO THAT CANYON, SET UP A FEW TACTICAL EXPLOSIVES ON PROXIMITY! I WANT TO KNOW IF THEY TRY IT AGAIN! GET ME THE RECON OFFICER AS WELL!"

"ON IT SIR!"

[I]Leaning back up he opened fire again, the huge form of one of the felines fell under his shot. This was the enemy, a race of creature he didnt even know...

Kregain Richtien
Sep 17th, 2002, 09:21:44 PM
A few minutes later a young man came crawling up from the ranks, his face covered with matted blood and his uniform torn in several different places. He saluted, immediatly the newly promoted captain slapped the hand down

"YOU WANT TO MAKE ME A TARGET?"

"NO SIR! SORRY SIR! EDGEN TRIFZEN, 501st RECON REPORTING SIR!"

"HOW MANY WE GOT OUT THERE SON?"

A scream flew by over head, an explosion a few feet away showered them with broken remenants of their former comrades and earth. The stunned younger man required a breif shaking before he came back to

"HOW MANY!"

"A FEW HUNDRED SIR! MOSTLY INFANTRY, A FEW HEAVY ARTILLERY UNITS!"

"HOW MANY WE GOT LEFT?"

"FIFTY, MAYBE SIXTY SIR"

"ALRIGHT, BACK TO YOUR POST!"

"AYE SIR!"

Leaning back up over the edge of the ridge, he looked down the barrel of his rifle, sniping off a few shoots, bathing one of the cats in his comrades blood. From his side he heard a sizzling sound followed by a series of curses.

"---- GUN"

The trooper held up his blaster rifle to further his point

"PISS ON IT!"

The trooper nodded and droped the rifle, turning away to see if there was any spares. Reaching out he grabed the man by the arm.

"NO! PISS ON IT!"

[I]To illustrate his point he droped his own overheated firearm, and pulling down the front of his pants, proceded to piss on his own gun. The smell reeked extremely, but this wasnt the place to care about such things. The barrel wasnt cooled all the way, but enough to allow for more rounds to be pumped out. The trooper noded again and followed in suit.

He turned back, crawling on his gut, he moved back towards the Anti-Air gun, he needed to cunsult the other commanders on the situation, there had to be a way to survive this.

Kregain Richtien
Sep 19th, 2002, 01:03:13 PM
He found them there, squating in position, backs against the large metallic frame of the gun. Holding their guns to their chests they exchanged in conversation. They were the true political portion of this regiment, not fighting material. In short, they were scared.

He didnt like theyre kind, but they were up to date with Imperial intel, wrong as it had been so far, it was the only help he had at the moment.

"I need a report!"

One of the two leapt back, pressing himself harder against the cold metal of the anti-air weapon. Before relaxing back down to the ground, he could smell in the air that one had soiled himself and he sighed.

"REPORT"

"Wheres the commander?"

"Dead, enemy fire, Im in charge now"

"What do you need?"

"How many enemy forces are on the planet?"

"Approximatly 300 troops"

"This is an uninhabited planet correct"

"Yes sir, just one scientific base, located on the other side of the planet"

"So it might be safe to say that these forces would be an advanced strike force?"

"Could be sir, not our area of tactics"

"That I can see..."

[I]With that he crawled back away from them, taking a position towards the canyon side of the trench, he would need to be in place for what he planed on happeining to work. He hoped it would...