PDA

View Full Version : Didn't know where to put this

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 16th, 2002, 02:50:17 PM
I think that thread about Chase should be stickied, at least so his parents can find it again easily.

:cry

I'm v. sad. :(

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 16th, 2002, 02:59:42 PM
Thanks to whoever did it.

Also, I know we're not crisis counselors or anything, but people who were close to Chase (I was not, unfortunately) may need some extra help. It would be helpful if we'd all remember that we are NOT trained professionals, and be sure to refer RPers to their own families for help in this area. I think. ...now, back to being a zombie at work...

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 16th, 2002, 03:11:15 PM
I'd like to change the GJO front banner to his avatar for a couple of days.

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 16th, 2002, 03:39:04 PM
Thanks admin peoples - that looks quite appropriate

TheHolo.Net
Sep 16th, 2002, 03:39:39 PM
Welcome. :)

TheHolo.Net
Sep 18th, 2002, 12:32:15 PM
With some research done by Taylor, its looking like this whole hing could very well be a fake. :|

Look at the IP and email addy for this poster:

http://www.swforums.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2241

Taylor Millard
Sep 18th, 2002, 12:43:47 PM
I reccomend not a word be said about this. PLEASE!

I'm trying to talk him into coming back.

Look, let's not do anything rash here. He made a mistake, I'm willing to forgive him for this.

You know, we each have demons to work with. God knows I have mine.

The first thing I reccomend is the thread where Chase says he's dead gets unstickied.

Taylor Millard
Sep 18th, 2002, 12:55:03 PM
I think the other thing to do is to NOT take down the images.

Chase trusts me that I didn't tell anyone. Let's keep the facade up for now.

If I can convince him to come back. To play Chase, Nore, Sincere...then we can take them down.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 18th, 2002, 12:56:30 PM
There are going to be a lot of mad people over this methinks. :\

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 18th, 2002, 12:59:19 PM
I dunno. Whether or not you say anything ... He has a good chance of being blackballed. Just an honest opinion. The internet is really callous when it comes to people dying since you don't know and making people think you died and there is an outpouring of OOC responses ... plus ALOT of people are bummed.

He better be able to explain himself really well ... otherwise it might get bad. Course, I could be wrong but ... :\

Taylor Millard
Sep 18th, 2002, 01:04:46 PM
I'll stand by him. If it means I get blackballed too, I'll do it.

I've wanted to do something like this before too...not saying I was dead, but admitting to a crime I didn't commit.

A crime that would get me banned.

What he did was wrong, but I'm also willing to forgive him.

Taylor Millard
Sep 18th, 2002, 01:06:59 PM
And that being said, if we can get him to return. He does need some form of punishment outside of the anger of others.

Suspension from Temple Avalon or something...

He's grounded at SS, that's for sure.

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 18th, 2002, 01:20:37 PM
Yeah needs a punishment but ... more importantly... if he comes back or not, the truth must be said .. since you brought it up.

And doing what chase did, and owning up to something you didn't do is two different things.

Taylor Millard
Sep 18th, 2002, 01:41:52 PM
Right now though, we gotta keep it quiet. Definately let all the mods know, but let me talk to him. See if I can't get him to come back and apologize.

You can't live with guilt for too long.

And Chase has a concious or else he woudln't be afraid to come back.

Figrin D'an
Sep 18th, 2002, 01:43:30 PM
This is not good.... :|

However we deal with this situation, it must be tactful... there are several people that are going to be pissed off beyond reason when this is revealed... toying with peoples' emotions is not something to be taken lightly...

No matter what happens, Chase is going to have to post some kind of public apology if he is ever going to be accepted in this community again... most people will forgive, but not without a recognition of wrong-doing on the part of Chase... when that occurs is debatable, but it has to happen...

Taylor Millard
Sep 18th, 2002, 01:51:01 PM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
No matter what happens, Chase is going to have to post some kind of public apology if he is ever going to be accepted in this community again... most people will forgive, but not without a recognition of wrong-doing on the part of Chase... when that occurs is debatable, but it has to happen...

I agree completely. And I think it should be posted at every major forum...Avalon, ST, RP, OOC...and be stickied for a while.

I also think he should be banned (but that's a GJO decision) from Avalon.

Whatever it is it can't be a slap on the wrist. That'll just encourage others to do it.

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 18th, 2002, 01:58:00 PM
Just that if you can't get him to come back Taylor then we as a community must tell the truth, especially before the day of respect is decided upon at GJO. Most will know as mods/admins but the majority will not know.

it will look really odd that it doesn't happen :\ but of course you have the time to get chase to come back and do that apology ... or something. And it really needs to be done ASAP

Figrin D'an
Sep 18th, 2002, 01:58:10 PM
The GJO staff will have to discuss the matter of Chase's future in the Order, and an appropriate punishment. But, for now, I think we can hold off that discussion until we determine how to make this annoucement to the general board and how to get Chase to post an apology... let's take this one step at a time...

Gav Mortis
Sep 18th, 2002, 02:08:25 PM
What exactly has happened here?

If he has staged all of this I will find it extremely difficult to forgive him because this whole thing really, really upset me and at 19 years old he should have more f**king sense.

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 18th, 2002, 02:42:44 PM
I agree with you, Gav. What was the reasoning behind this? To gain Knighthood? You already did. To get attention? Well, here it is, and it ain't pretty. To leave the community? Yeah, you left the community... in ruins. Did you ever stop to think that maybe there were real people with real emotions behind this glowing screen of yours? Did you ever think that maybe some of us HAVE lost someone to a car accident, and this is re-living it all over again? Did you understand that it is a slap in the face to everybody who has made this community what it is? I'm peeved... to be playing with emotions in this way is, IMO, totally inexcusable.

Taylor Millard
Sep 18th, 2002, 02:43:59 PM
All I can say is he's writing an apology and he doesnt' want to come back.

And I lost a good friend in a wreck too. Heck that's one reason why I investigated this 'cause something seemed amiss about it.

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 18th, 2002, 02:49:59 PM
So, if I may ask, what was the reasoning behind the need to leave here that prompted this serious lack of judgement?

Taylor Millard
Sep 18th, 2002, 02:51:00 PM
I wish I knew. He wouldn't tell me.

But I think it's the same reason why I thought about doing something like this.
Because I let myself get stressed out by stuff I had no control over. I let an argument with someone affect me too much.

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Sep 18th, 2002, 02:52:04 PM
:| **SPEECHLESS**

Yes...I was very emotional over this and Ryla is right. How could he make us go through that :(

Although...in all honesty, I am glad he is alive despite all this. I think you all can understand what I mean. I just wish he thought of how truly an emotional pranick he played on everyone. That was unfair.:(

Taylor Millard
Sep 18th, 2002, 02:54:14 PM
That's why he feels like crap over it. 'Cause he realized people did actually care for him.

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 18th, 2002, 02:55:55 PM
I agree. I am very glad he is alive, I am not wishing death upon him, and I am even MORE happy that his parents did not have to go through this. The fact remains, however, that this was not the only course of action, nor should it ever be.

ReaperFett
Sep 18th, 2002, 02:56:05 PM
Because this has been posted here before he had a chance to post, he hasnt got a prayer of coming back.

How many people here actually know the full situation? But already, people are saying what to do with him. Shouldnt that wait until HE posts?

Im not defending, supporting nor attacking him. I just disagree with this being posted so soon.

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 18th, 2002, 03:00:19 PM
Well, Fett, that's kind of a moot point, because it's already happened.

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Sep 18th, 2002, 03:00:28 PM
But Fett its the mods/admin that only know.

But...like you, I would want to hear what he says before judging why he did it and thinking of a punishment.

Consider it like a court case. You have to listen to his side fairly before judging him. That's all

Sanis Prent
Sep 18th, 2002, 03:06:56 PM
I'd be lying if I said I haven't considered doing what Chase did to us. I mean...there's always a kind of morbid curiosity to see what happens when you die. Its hard to fake your death IRL. Online, its easy enough. Even get to see your own funeral. Not many dead men can do that, and live to tell about it.

That being said, I don't condone his actions. I'd also like to knock off Fort Knox, and make myself richer by a few billion. I don't do it though. Thats a heinous breech of trust, and you don't exactly come back from that.

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 18th, 2002, 03:07:32 PM
Before judging him? Did he listen to our side fairly before pulling this? Respect breeds respect, and frankly, I don't see anything coming from his side.

This is not to condem him, I don't want to run anyone out, and I don't even know the guy personally. However, actions speak for themselves, I believe, and this one is yelling pretty loudly.

Taylor Millard
Sep 18th, 2002, 03:13:59 PM
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=379333#post379333

as I'm sure you've all seen.

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 18th, 2002, 03:26:58 PM
Grrr.

Okay, I'm glad he's alive. That's no damn excuse however to pull a stunt like that however. He's got a LOT of explaining and a lot of apologising to do

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 18th, 2002, 04:53:37 PM
I stated my reasons and therefor will withdraw myself from any action against Chase (far as I'm concerned, he should be suspended here if he comes back or whatever). I am too upset by this and realizing that right now as it is sinking in.

I can only be unbiased to a certain extent in this particular case.

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 19th, 2002, 07:25:09 AM
GJO moderators (and Mr .net and Nup)

Please keep an eye out on GJO while I'm asleep tonight. I think WWIII could break out over what Lance Stormrider just posted -_-

Lance basically admitted aiding and abetting. I really think things are going to get real ugly real quick.

His post - (this is a copy of what Lance posted in GJO)
<font color=red>
--

Alright peeps. I feel I owe you ALL an explanation. I knew Chase WASNT dead all along. But I somehow USED YOU ALL to make him admit it. How did I know he wasn't dead? If you carefully read the letter he wrote you will notice a few things.

1-The Email adress name does not match with ay of his parent's.
2-He supposedly died a day before? If he would've died a day before do you sincerly think his parents would've posted.
3-His parents posted exactly at the OOC forum. Isn't that a lil strange for ppl who have NEVER posted on our board.
4- If you look at the end of the post you will see a very happy go luck ending. Put your seat belt! Hey Isn't it just suspicious? But of course I WASNT gonna tell you "Hey Chase is alive!" When everyone thought he was dead you would've fed me to the sharks. SO instead I acted sad so everyone would try to cheer me up. ANd afterwards with all the motives in the world I started THIS thread where I KNEW everyone would post stuff in his memory and once he'd see this and the other comments posted in the other thread. He wouldn't resist and admit everything. Please don't be mad. All I wanted is for him to admit what he had done. ANd I understand him perfectly I've done a lot of crap too in my life I dont blame him.
</font>
--

-_-

Pierce Tondry
Sep 19th, 2002, 08:33:15 AM
Edit: As the statements here are, for the most part, no longer valid, I've deleted them. My apology will remain up, though.

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 19th, 2002, 08:38:35 AM
(The copied post is in Temple Avalon for those without access BTW)

Rest of post withdrawn

Pierce Tondry
Sep 19th, 2002, 09:26:35 AM
Mark, I'm sorry for having accused you inappropriately of deceit in this instance. I completely misunderstood the presence of the last half of your post and thought you were admitting to having been aware of the scheme.

I'm afraid I wasn't thinking and reading clearly enough. Again, my apologies.

ReaperFett
Sep 19th, 2002, 10:21:03 AM
Just one thing:

3-His parents posted exactly at the OOC forum. Isn't that a lil strange for ppl who have NEVER posted on our board.
They didnt. If they did, why did Taylor tell me to look in the RP forum?

Taylor Millard
Sep 19th, 2002, 10:22:48 AM
Can I make a comment on this? Or is this handling a GJO matter only?

*will shut up if it is.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 19th, 2002, 10:40:13 AM
You got it Mark.

And Taylor, you do have every right to speak, action on the other hand may be different. :p

Taylor Millard
Sep 19th, 2002, 10:53:57 AM
Originally made by Lance Stormrider:

1-The Email adress name does not match with ay of his parent's.

True, but there is something to be said about stepparents. Or relatives. The clue I got that something was amiss was on the second reply when the name changed from "Dan McCoy" to "Daniel Chase Cannoy". His last name isn't even Cannoy.

2-He supposedly died a day before? If he would've died a day before do you sincerly think his parents would've posted.

I would have had someone post saying I was dead. Moot point.

Lance is wrong here. The original post was in the RPing Forum. Technically Chase did that to make it seem like someone who had never visitted here did that post.

4- If you look at the end of the post you will see a very happy go luck ending. Put your seat belt! Hey Isn't it just suspicious?

Yes that's why I started checking it out. Plus the lack of obituary, news story, etc etc.

I don't think he figured it out at all. I won't comment on the rest for it save for this:

Lance wants to be kicked out for saying he was 'in on it'. I bet he wasn't and was as shocked as the rest of us.

ReaperFett
Sep 19th, 2002, 10:59:51 AM
I feel that it COULD be that Lance is trying to cover for him a bit. If he had written it, he wouldnt have been incorrect about #3.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 19th, 2002, 11:02:56 AM
The IP of the poster that made the message matches Chase not Lance.

Taylor Millard
Sep 19th, 2002, 11:03:48 AM
The post that Lance supposedly made?

*is confused now.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 19th, 2002, 11:06:07 AM
Do let me clear something up here though. The post Lance said he made is one at GJO, not the one announcing Chase’s faked death.

Taylor Millard
Sep 19th, 2002, 11:07:41 AM
Right I know that...but let me make sure I understand this (I'm slow sorry)...

You're saying that the post Lance made at GJO was made by Lance right? Not by Chase?

TheHolo.Net
Sep 19th, 2002, 11:09:14 AM
Yes, Lance made the GJO post.

Taylor Millard
Sep 19th, 2002, 11:12:32 AM
Okay then...thanks for clearing that up.

Lance wants to be kicked out of GJO. He was friends with Chase (supposedly) and I think he's of the mind, "If he's gone, I'm gonna go with him."

Morgan Evanar
Sep 19th, 2002, 11:47:50 AM
I don't reccomend we do so. The drama queens want martyrdom. If said asshat wants to leave he can on his own.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 19th, 2002, 11:56:31 AM
Yep, I'm at the point of time to move on. Let the drama queens do as they will but I will not give them the satisfaction of a reaction from me.

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 19th, 2002, 12:57:37 PM
I think that is a wise decision. To further continue this little prank would just take away from what we all REALLY come here for... RPing, correct? ;)

At any rate, I have no tolerance for their juvenile behavior, and if they want to leave I will be the first one to not notice.

Taylor Millard
Sep 19th, 2002, 01:13:14 PM
Exaclty. They can leave on their own accord. We shouldn't have to kick them out.

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 19th, 2002, 02:03:13 PM
I agree, Let them go because they do it. Not because of anything the mods/admins said.

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 19th, 2002, 02:58:09 PM
Ehh, my apologies Pierce for going up last night - I'm afraid I was just a wee bit put out by this whole Lance / Chase thing, apology accepted on my behalf, and apologies for for beng rather.... eh... fiery in reply

Agreed on letting them POQ on their own behalf. I just want to see the whole damn thing disappear.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 19th, 2002, 02:59:43 PM
With a little help I managed to totally hijack that thread at GJO. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 19th, 2002, 03:23:02 PM
ROTFLMAO!

Now that was a thread that needed a good hijacking

TheHolo.Net
Sep 19th, 2002, 03:24:05 PM
:D

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 19th, 2002, 07:10:39 PM
And bloody hell, did it get hijacked or what..... this is almost bribery material now!

ReaperFett
Sep 19th, 2002, 07:17:58 PM
bribary worth????

*makes a Jedi character just to get access*

:)

Figrin D'an
Sep 19th, 2002, 08:21:12 PM
I've moved said thread from Avalon to the Arcan IV forum, since there was no reason for it to remain in the Jedi Only area... feel free to read... parental discretion advised...

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 19th, 2002, 08:24:21 PM
parental discretion advised...

Master of the understatement

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 19th, 2002, 09:15:42 PM
Run away! Run away!

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 19th, 2002, 09:26:28 PM
But I cant.... it's like a train wreck You know you should look away.... but you just cant

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 20th, 2002, 12:57:09 AM
Nope, I can. :D

It's a specialized Jedi trait, you know... "Force Hijack-Avoidance"

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 20th, 2002, 01:20:12 AM
Suuuureeee you have.

Not :D

Welcome to the first ever SWFans Thread Wreck :lol

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 20th, 2002, 12:20:19 PM
Mommy. My eyes. My EYES!!!!!

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 20th, 2002, 11:06:52 PM
I dont believe it's STILL going....

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 21st, 2002, 04:53:45 PM
^_^ but it's a good thing it's still going

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 22nd, 2002, 02:26:10 AM
And it is STILL going!

800 post thread hijack and still going strong! I bet when I get back on tomorrow it will be well and truly beyond 1000 posts