PDA

View Full Version : Disgrunteled Employee of the Year (Open to anyone from anywhere)

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 16th, 2002, 01:44:01 PM
It was a quiet evening in the Rusty Cleaver, few patrons leaving and going, not nearly as much chatter as usuial. One man stood out though, a tall, shadowy figgure at the bar counter. The tender knew him well, both fearing and respecting him. He'd known what this man was capable of, and what he'd done to any who aggrivated him in the past.

"What can I git ya tanight Temp?"

"Just the usuial."

The bartender pulled a glass out from behind the counter, and filled it with water. This was the way of the Rogue Sith Knight, Tempist Opps. No liquor. Alcohol and stupid go hand in hand.

For some reason, Tempist had a strong feeling that tonight would prove to be eventfull, and rather entertaining. After the fall of the Empire, he had become a wanted man, on hitlists of almost every organization in the universe, save for one or two. He began to wonder how long it would be before he had to deal with someone coming to reap the reward on his head.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Sep 16th, 2002, 02:12:54 PM
Frell, it had been on long hard run and she had come close to dumping her cargo several times. But her ship had pulled her through it and she was grateful. Now all she wanted was something to eat and drink then find a clean bed somewhere to crash for the night.

Letting a wry smile fan across her lips at the name of the bar, Daiq pulls the door open, letting it smack closed behind her as she walks in. glancing around, she doesnt see a sign for checking weapons and that pleases her. Daiq always felt so naked at Yogs' bar and grill whenever she was forced to hand her saber over. She always suspected that some Jedi, lurking in the background would deliberately tamper with it and leave her high and dry should a fight start.

Giving a general nod to those closest to her, Daiquiri slides into a chair at an empty table, her gaze locking onto and narrowing at the tall one standing at the bar. Something about him seemed familiar but she couldnt quite put a finger on what. She wasnt going to waste time on it tonight. She was dog tired and the sooner she could satisfy her hunger and crawl between some sheets, the happier she would be.

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 16th, 2002, 04:49:39 PM
Sensing another force user in the bar, Tempist simply did nothing. If any were here to hunt him down, good for them. Let them try. No one short of a Lord would be able to take him down, and there were none of them left. No more barrier between knight and master. What was he now then?

......A Sith.

Tempist reached into his inner jacket pocket, and pulled out a long scroll. He opened it up, took out a pen, and started looking it over. A list of names. Names he didn't like. People he didn't like. People to remove.

Indeed, although Tempist was included in more hitlists now than the ancient Jabba the Hutt had on his list, The Sith Knight had quite a few on his own. A few names stuck out more than any though, they were quite well known as well. A few certian ones were written in red, the few that he hated even more than the rest. He started reading aloud to himself, just loud enough for any others to hear, even if just to instill fear.

"....Vega... Sieken... Hob... Satine... Akrabbim..."

He had his reasons. Although the last two he mentioned weren't nearly as hated by him as the other two, they had aggrivated him enough. Akrabbim was actually the only one of them who hadn't tried to aggrivate him, it was Tempist's doing. It mattered not though, he was included still the same.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Sep 16th, 2002, 06:50:57 PM
"Now that we all know you can read, was there a point to that? And Im still waiting for a drink over here, barkeep. Make it Corellian whiskey."

The tall man still hadnt turned around. Whether he was trying to goad her into something remained to be seen but for his sake, she truly hoped not. But why would he randomly bring up Vega's name?

The relationship between herself and Vega was still relatively new and she doubted that the news had traveled so far already. She mentally ticks off the next name, Seiken. Vega had mentioned that name to her once or twice but she didnt know the man herself. And as to whom this Satine person was, she hadnt a clue, nor did she to the fourth name spoken. Daiq didnt want to fight or argue this night.....even her bones ached with the extent of her tiredness. A thick slab of meat was all she had plans on sticking a knife in.

"Is there someplace around here to get something decent to eat? Or am I going to have to start gnawing on my boots?"

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 17th, 2002, 01:53:20 PM
I'm not in one of my better moods, you may want to keep an attitude like that to yourself unless you intend to back yourself up. Tempist said to the woman, through the force.

In an irony that was distinctly Tempist, he flashed her a broad smile, and continued his response to her questions verbally.

"Actually, I do not know many places here. I'm just a drifter. Just needed somewhere to rest my bones after a long trek."

Almost as an afterthought, he finally included the answer to her first inquiry.

"And perhaps there is a point to my reading, perhaps there isn't. Weather or not you want to find that answer is entirely up to you."

He held his hand out twards the empty stool next to him, and motioned for her to have a seat.

"M' name's Tempist Opps, Rogue Sith Knight."

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Sep 17th, 2002, 02:35:27 PM
Why not? She had nothing better to do for the moment, at least not until she found something to eat. Grabbing her drink off of the tray the waitress was carrying, Daiq moves up to the offered seat, straddling the stool as she settles down on it.

"Im Daiquiri. No last name that I care to use and Im Sith. But then you knew that."

Putting the shot glass to her mouth, Daiq downs the drink one swallow and places the empty glass back on the bar, declining a refill with a wave of her hand.

"Caffe, black."

Turning to finally look at the man who invited her up to the bar, she grins as she looks him over.

"Now that we've been properly introduced, lets get down to the nitty gritty. What was with the names?"

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 17th, 2002, 03:01:28 PM
He smiled a devious grin, and gave a short answer. To the point.

"A list of some people I don't like."

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Sep 17th, 2002, 07:47:42 PM
Daiquiri laughed. Vega had made a legion of enemies, both in the past and now and the fact that she had stumbled across one of them truly wasnt unexpected. Daiq had known that sooner or later it would happen and she found herself curious as to which particular atrocity Vega had earned Tempist Opps' hatred.

"Van Derveld. I hear that name quite often. Its my understanding that Vega is also on the Jedi's most wanted list. That one goes without saying but whats your beef with him....if you dont mine my asking."

A steaming cup of black caffe was slid in front of her and at the first sip, Daiq pulled a face. This stuff was strong enough to crawl out of the cup and walk off on its own power.

And I'll be bouncing off the walls later. No thanks.

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 18th, 2002, 03:51:44 PM
"He ran away."

Although the answer was a bit vague, he had a feeling that Daiq would understand. After all, there was only one place you could attain the rank of Lord from, and it was sort of non existant anymore.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Sep 18th, 2002, 10:34:54 PM
"Ran away"? Vega? She hadnt known him all that long but Vega didnt seem the type to run from anything or anybody. And as tough as this Tempist Opps guy looked, Daiq didnt believe for one second that Vega would have "ran" from him.

"Guess Im not following your meaning, Opps. Vega doesnt seem the type to run. Why dont you just come right and say what you mean?"

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 20th, 2002, 05:43:52 PM
"He was a coward. He didn't complete the task that had been set before him. He was so close, but he threw it all away..."

His eyes grew nastalgic for the days of old, when Vega was one of the most feared Sith in the universe. Now he was nothing, no matter what he had become. Although this answer was still vague, and would probably not be of any use to Daiq, it seemed to make sense to him.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Sep 20th, 2002, 05:57:50 PM
"He might say that he chose a different path. Changing one's course in life doesnt make anyone a coward."

Of course she had known what he was talking about....mostly. Vega had spoken to her briefly about the changes that had taken him to Fascinataru but had never gone in depth on the subject and she hadnt asked him to. It was his business and if or when he ever chose to share it with her, that was time enough for her to know.

"Im sure you have made changes in your life as well, Opps. We all do. Doesnt mean its wrong."

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 21st, 2002, 06:26:20 AM
He stifled a small chuckle at her last comment. She truly had no idea of the truth of her own statment. Indeed I have, but I'm supposed to change. That's what shapeshifters do. he thought to himself.

"Perhaps, but when one is so far along a path, it makes little sense to change roads, even if out of curiosity. You work hard all your life for a pension. What he did was like quitting the day before, and missing what you'd earned."

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Sep 21st, 2002, 07:40:04 PM
A light shrug and a shake of her blonde head let Opps know that she wasnt buying his story, not all of it. For him to care this much about an ex-commrades' personal business, it had to go deeper than what Temptist was letting on.

Daiq swivels sideways on the stool, facing him fully.

"It was Vega's choice, not yours. You need to learn to deal with it."

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 21st, 2002, 09:15:20 PM
In an inpassive tone, Tempist simply replied "Oh, don't worry, I plan on it."

A sudden curiosity crept over him, and he finally asked a question that'd been bothering him from the start, but he hadn't realized it.

"If I may ask, why are you so interested in my affairs with Mr Van Derveld?"

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Sep 21st, 2002, 09:34:17 PM
"Lets just say I have a vested interest in his well-being."

Daiq allowed a crooked smile to dart across her lips but it didnt reach her eyes. This Opps fellow had it in for someone she cared about and it didnt set well with her. The "fight" may be Vega's but she would relay what information she could back to him.

Swinging back to face the bar, Daiquiri takes another sip from the rapidly cooling mug of caffe.

"And, your "affairs" were made public when you read that list outloud."

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 22nd, 2002, 08:40:02 AM
"Perhaps, although I doubt that most really care though."

It honastly didn't matter to him what this woman tried doing, Tempist's will was strong. He'd cheated death many, many times over his lifetime, and would do so untill he had no reason left to.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Sep 22nd, 2002, 11:41:53 AM
"Youre right about that. This lot of sheep will be lucky to find thier way home tonight."

Indeed, not only were the other patrons not paying attention to them, Daiquiri had the distinct impression that the townspeople were trying thier utmost to pretend that neither she nor Opps were even present. Noone had spoken to them nor had any raised thier voices in any kind of merriment.

"Am I to assume that you've had a hand in keeping them so...meek?"

Tempist the Uncaring
Sep 22nd, 2002, 06:03:41 PM
A small, devious grin spread accross his face with his reply.

"Perhaps, but I seem to have that general effect on new groups, atleast after someone thinks that they've the ability to pick my credit satchel. After cleaning the body parts up, the rest of the people leave me alone."

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Sep 22nd, 2002, 10:20:23 PM
"Vega has a bloody side as well. Seems that Dark Jedi and Sith arent that far removed. Guess Im the exception to the rule. I never kill unless forced into it. Go figure."

Turning a wry grin on her bar companion, Daiq shrugs lightly once more.

"I havent decided if its a help or a hindrance. Hes never said it openly to me, but I know Vega wishes I were more 'bloodthirsty'."