PDA

View Full Version : An idea! (everybody look at this)

Ansatsu
Sep 15th, 2002, 11:56:34 PM
My character is Ansatsu and he is a ninja. However what some people do not know is that he created a martial art called Fuma. He wants to teach some people the fuma art. It not only increases a jedi's attack power but also their stealth. So if you are interested then just put your name and comments here, and then i will set a class up in the Star Wars Roleplaying Forum. We will figure out the technicalities then. Thanks toodles.

Liam Jinn
Sep 16th, 2002, 12:31:50 AM
Isn't that shadow from FF3/FF6 in your sig?

Ansatsu
Sep 16th, 2002, 12:36:50 AM
Yes it is. God get me excited thinkin your joinin up and i find this. Oh well hopefully soon someone will join.

Liam Jinn
Sep 16th, 2002, 04:36:13 PM
:) Sorry

Salemn Lysce
Sep 16th, 2002, 04:45:07 PM
Don't you have to be a Knight (and above) to start teaching classes ?

Rognan Dar
Sep 16th, 2002, 04:56:09 PM
I want to join, I think ninja's are the coolest thing in the world :) well maybe not but I would love to be more stealth, unless you need to be a Jedi night, which im not.

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 17th, 2002, 10:39:45 AM
Don't you have to be a Knight (and above) to start teaching classes ?

I believe so.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 17th, 2002, 11:52:13 AM
Well, he is not teaching the Force, so why can;t he teach it? There aren;t any other knights that know his Fuma style. To force him to wait until he is promoted is unfair.

Hunk
Sep 17th, 2002, 01:09:20 PM
Ninjas (http://www.realultimatepower.net/) are totally sweet and can cut your head off without even thinking about it.

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 17th, 2002, 01:23:22 PM
I wouldn't say it is totally unfair at all. The whole purpose of Knights only being able to train is because when they are given the rank the Council has decreed them skilled and balanced enough to be able to handle training someone.

Unless the Council say it is alright for a Padawan to train someone, which I think unlikely as this could lead to lots of others claiming they have a style they want to teach people, I'd say he can't do it.

Zachariah Darmok
Sep 17th, 2002, 01:24:55 PM
Wei, you been told man :p.....

Hunk i reallythink you needto find a better site than that man, that site tells you nothing about what a Ninja is, im a fan of Ninjas and if you want some good sites..gimme a shout...

Hunk
Sep 17th, 2002, 02:03:38 PM
That site tells you how ninjas can get any woman they want and totally flip out like all the time. What more do you need?

(besides, that site is hilarious)

Chaos Alexander
Sep 17th, 2002, 04:23:33 PM
I say let him go for it. He is not teaching the Force. He is teaching a form of fighting. I will agree only Jedi Knights and above can train people to be a Jedi, but he is not doin' that. If he really wishes to teach people that wish to know this, no one can really stop him. All he really has to do is make a thread and call it ::Spar (Enter the person he plans to teach here):: In the thread he can spar and tell him some "Innocent Tips" that are really Fuma stuff. By the end of teh trhead he coudl have taught the person like he planed. Then he could move to his next "Spar". A class would only make it simple on him. It would be no different that Padawan helping other Padawans. What are the Council going to do? Bn him fro GJO for wanting to teach his friend stuff? If so they are jackasses.

Sanis Prent
Sep 17th, 2002, 05:11:22 PM
I don't think he should. In theory, as a padawan, he wouldn't have the specialized skills acquired to teach a skill, as he is pretty much learning his skills for himself at the moment. It would be like a pre-law major teaching on civil suits. I'm sure they know what a civil suit is, and could tell you a few things about it, but you can learn these skills and alot more from somebody who is fully versed in the subject.

Besides, there are Jedi out there who are already quite specialized in such things :)

Ansatsu
Sep 17th, 2002, 06:02:11 PM
Okay Ansatsu created the style it has no force in it and it just teaches people more stealth and strength. Ill bring it before the council. Ill get back to you guys.

Nupraptor
Sep 17th, 2002, 07:12:42 PM
Morgan Evanar is our resident stealthy Jedi. I'd say that I used to hold that position, but I am no longer a Jedi. At least, not one that young, impressionable padawans should be seeking out. :p

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 17th, 2002, 07:22:50 PM
Wei, you been told man

Zach, I realize that you meant no harm when you said that, but all the same, if you are only here to insult somebody, then don;t do it in your posts. People get banned for this kind of thing. I would appreciate an apology.

Sanis Prent
Sep 17th, 2002, 07:44:51 PM
Either Morg, or Akrabbim...being that his character is a ninja, and an almost total illusionist.

Elena Van Derveld
Sep 20th, 2002, 12:11:37 PM
Zach, I realize that you meant no harm when you said that, but all the same, if you are only here to insult somebody, then don;t do it in your posts. People get banned for this kind of thing. I would appreciate an apology.

The :p after it insinuated it was a joking statement :) Don't get so anal about it.

Sene Unty
Sep 20th, 2002, 12:21:09 PM
Yeah it was just a joke......