PDA

View Full Version : Sign Says: Welcome to Yog's Bar and Grill. Check your Weapons at the Door

Vishan Korogoth
Sep 15th, 2002, 08:45:30 PM
(OOC: Continued from this RP in the Roleplaying forum. http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=377400#post377400)

"All right darlin'. Here we are.," Vishan said, opening the door for Coco. "After you, of course."

The two of them walked inside and immediately a New Republic official stopped them, wanting weapons. Vishan pulled out both of his heavy blasters from their leg holsters and handed them over. The official tapped on his datapad, recording Vishan's name, weapons and serial numbers. When he was done, he handed them over to a another guy that was behind a, hopefully, sturdy plastic polymer casing, which also had bars on the outside. It wasn't readily seen how you got in and out of that room back there. Vishan watched his blasters disappear and began to explain to Coco what was going on. "Rules around here are only Jedi can carry weapons in the bar. Helps to keep the noise level down, and incase of fighting, no ones gonna start shootin' and accidentally kill someone."

While the official was asking Coco for any weapons, Vishan was busy scouting out a free table. They must have beat the noon rush since the place had quite the ample space.

He knocked on the dome head of one of the driods, which turned around to beep at him angrily. "Whoa there guy." He held up his hands defensively. "Was just tryin' ta get your attention." It whined a little but didn't go anywhere. "Can ya snagged us that table over there? By the wall, Bring us some drinks too. Glass of corellian ale and, well um." Vishan looked at Coco expectantly, "What'll you have?"

Coco Blake
Sep 15th, 2002, 09:05:28 PM
Coco unclipped a round cylinder from her belt. Her saber, silver handle with black decoration. She handed it to the uniformed man with a small pout.

"You better not lose it!" She said quietly. She turned to Vishan and smiled.

"Milk. Please."

She watched the little droid roll away, wided eyed. She wasn't used to droids, there were few back home.

"So these people are Jedi?"

She gazed around the bar, looking at all the other patrons. She was curious to know what a Jedi was. Vishan had told her they were force users, on the side of the angels. Whatever that meant.

Vishan Korogoth
Sep 15th, 2002, 11:51:51 PM
Vishan led Coco through the room and pulled out a chair for her, "Well some of them." He pointed out the obvious Jedi who wore brown and tan robes, sabres hung at their sides. "Like them, but you'll find scoundrels, pilots, solders and gentleman like me." The smile on his face was genuine, hinting that he might be joking, or at the very least, not taking himself completely seriously.

Coco Blake
Sep 16th, 2002, 01:13:09 PM
She sat, smiling back at him.
"Are Jedi monks of some kind? They look like it to me...But, then they couldn't really be in bar, could they?"

Coco laughed again, looking around some more. So many different people here. She was used to being around witches, and the few men they kept around. But it was different here, she could tell.

Vishan Korogoth
Sep 16th, 2002, 02:56:04 PM
"Yeah. That's ah good way to think about them." Vishan said, sitting down across from Coco. "They defend people, use the Force, mediate disputes. Seen some of them in action. With 'and' without ah sabre. As for being bar rats, beats me. I know the Jedi aren't as strict in the code as they used to be. Different times call for different measures I guess." He gave her a small smile, which then grew wider as the drinks came.

He took both of them off and placed the milk in front of his companion. "Your milk as ordered."

Coco Blake
Sep 16th, 2002, 06:51:40 PM
"Thank you."
She took her glass and had a big gulp, getting milk on her upper lip. She blushed and wiped it off quickly.
"So. The Jedi are the "Good Guys" Who are the bad guys?"

She looked around and leaned down, whispering. "I hope they don't think witches are bad!"

Vishan Korogoth
Sep 16th, 2002, 07:03:30 PM
He smiled, while grabbing the menus off the droid before it rolled away. Vishan had to admit the kid was cute. "Nah. Only if you start some trouble or want to hurt people would they care." He opened the menu and continued talking while looking it over. "The bad guys are the Sith. They'll do anything to anyone to get what they want. They use the Force, Dark Side's what it's called, too. Bastards like to torture, kill, put people into slavery. You name it, they do it and take pleasure in doing it."

Vishan talked like he was an expert in what he was talking about. His voice was bitter, filled with contempt and utter disgust in answering Coco's question.

Coco Blake
Sep 16th, 2002, 07:52:07 PM
She frowned. The "Sith" he described sounded very much like the clan of witches she was from. They used the force, and other means, to get what they wanted. They had males they used for breeding and to get other things, they killed travellers who wandered into their territory by accident. She sighed.

"Okay,,," She stared down at her milk, not wanting to say anything more. She picked up a menu and buried her nose into it, trying to hide her sad look.

Vishan Korogoth
Sep 16th, 2002, 09:27:29 PM
His eyes peered over the menu at the sound of Coco. He got the feeling he just said something stupid. "What?" The menu came down to lay flat on the table. Coco wasn't saying anything and he frowned. "Come on what? What'd I say?"

Coco Blake
Sep 16th, 2002, 09:51:29 PM
"Nothing. It's...nothing. I'm fine." She squeaked, jumping as he spoke. She didn't expect him to care, or even notice her frown.
"Sorry..." she set the menu down, looking at the table top.

"Just...the "Sith" kinda sound like my clan of witches back home."

She sighed again, not looking up.

Vishan Korogoth
Sep 17th, 2002, 02:18:42 PM
"Really?" Vishan found that incredibly hard to believe, which was evident in his voice. "All right then," he began, folding his hands together on top of the menu, " tell me about them and I promise to keep an open mind because I seriously doubt that a nice kid like you could be evil."

Coco Blake
Sep 17th, 2002, 06:29:24 PM
"Well....We use the force...to get what we want, what we need. We use...males as well. As breeders, to get Imperial weapons and technology when we need it. If we find that someone isn't useful anymore...." She looked up briefly and back down. " We get rid of them, we dispose of travelers who wander into our territory be mistake that way too."

Vishan Korogoth
Sep 17th, 2002, 08:49:33 PM
"Eh," He was a lost for words since he really didn't think it could be possible for Coco to come from a living environment like that. She was so, well, so nice. "Wow." He sat back and ran a hand through his hair. Not that it really moved, just a nervous gesture of his.

The quiet was probably unnerving Coco and he was fumbling for something to say. "Um, well. Have you ever tortured anyone or went out of your way to totally wipe a community of people? Sith do what you say too but on a much larger scale. They force you to conform to there ways or they slaughter your entire family!"

The table began to shake momentarily from the outburst, almost going unnoticed by Coco. She knew she wasn't doing it. Vishan, on the other hand was not only not touching the table, he also didn't realize his voice had raised so high and looked around embarrassed. He had never felt his cheeks burn so red from anger. He took a quick, shaky, sip of his drink and loudly sigh, letting the tension leave his body. He lowered his head apologetically as if in shame and mumbled, "Sorry about that."

Coco Blake
Sep 17th, 2002, 09:12:01 PM
Her eyes went wide as his voice got louder. She had never really seen a man get angry before...

She tried to smile a bit.
"No, I personally have never tortured or killed anyone...And it's okay."
She picked up her glass and took another sip of her milk. Coco wouldn't be asking him anything else about Sith, since she could tell it upset him.
"So...good, drink?"

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 17th, 2002, 10:18:32 PM
A hand fell upon the young man's shoulder very softly. He looked up to see the warm smile of another man--a Jedi. His face was lit by the soft light of the bar, and his demeanor was all but threatening. It was, in fact, inviting to one with worries.

"I'm sorry, I haven't met you, but I noticed that you were...agitated. As a member of this institution, I thought it only to proper to make sure our guests are properly taken care of." He smiled again and came around to the other side of the table to face the two more squarely. He had felt a disturbance from his table with the others. They, too, had felt it. He assured them that all would be well. And, he could tell, it would be.

"Let me introduce myself. My name is Terran Starek, padawan of Verse Dawnstrider, servant of the living Force, protector of the weak, and loyal member of the Greater Jedi Order." He extended his hand to the two that sat. "A rather lengthy introduction, my apologies. What brings you to Master Yoghurt's Bar and Grill?" He chuckled as he said this and took a good look at the two travelers. The man--he was hardend and tough, but remained handsome and approachable. The girl...odd. He had never felt such a presence. The Force was here with her--but in away he never, ever felt before. He was very curious.

Coco Blake
Sep 17th, 2002, 11:36:39 PM
Coco merely waved her hand in greeting, smiling at the newcomer.
"Coco Blake, of Dathomir. He's Vishan. Very nice to meet you."

She could sense the Force on this one, it was strong. Not in an overpowering way, but he radiated it, like a warm glow.
"We came here for lunch..." She laughed, and took a drink of her milk."Care to recommend anything?"

Vishan Korogoth
Sep 18th, 2002, 10:21:29 AM
"Damn that was a mouthful, Terran, but thanks for lookin' in on us." He said but shook his hand firmly. Terran felt a small presence that he possibly had felt earlier during the outburst from Vishan. It wasn't as dirty or plagued by the emotion of anger. Instead, as he came in contact with him, he felt the familiar ally of the Force. But it was fleeting. It happened so fast that perhaps it was just a trick of the senses.

"I'm actually happy to see you." Vishan said again, letting go of the Jedi's hand and pulling out a chair for him. "Been talkin' to Coco here about the Sith and the Jedi, what they're about and all. I've only been exposed to the Sith." The tension in his face almost hissed out that last sentence, but it was said with utter contempt. Unlike before, Vishan didn't let himself loose his temper and remained mostly calm. "She was worried that her witch clan back home were kinda like them. I don't think so. I think it's more of a way of living on Dathomir. It's not like they hop from planet to planet causing misery just cuz."

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 18th, 2002, 05:39:41 PM
"It is truly nice to meet you both," he commented, shaking their hands firmly and smiling largely. Truly, Vishan was of good heart. He had come to feel something from him. It was fleeting, keeping him on his toes. Very intriguing. It was as if the outburst was merely an exertion of energy that he had but was left untapped--intentionally or not. It was the Force, and it was there. He looked at Coco.

"I would suggest the Namana juice--excellent fruit here on Yavin." He probbed her aura--softly, not invading her privacy--and was confused. She had mentioned that she was from Dathomir. Witches came for Dathomir and they practiced the dark arts. They were usually very somber and detached--she was not. She was...well, pleasant. He would have to learn more about her.

"I know a bit about Dathomir, but the Sith," he paused, "I know too much about." He thought about his statement. In this situation, he guessed, it was ok to let them know. "You see, I was a Sith once. For the better part of my life. I agree with you, Vishan, that their lives are intended to bring misery on others. Beyond that, the dark side brings more pain to them than any being could." His face became somber as he thought about his old life. "The Sith are merely vessels of the dark spirits of the ancients. The dark side thrives in them...evil...they are slaves to its will." It was ok. He wasn't a part of that lifestyle anymore. He would not be affected by conversing about it. "Excuse my emotion," he said, clearing his eyes.

"Coco: you are from Dathomir? Are you a Witch?"

Coco Blake
Sep 18th, 2002, 06:34:17 PM
"Yes, I am from Dathomir, and I am a witch. What else would I be? Nothing on Dathomir but witches and Imperial prisoners and guards. I left to travel and see what else is out there."

Vishan Korogoth
Sep 18th, 2002, 07:51:43 PM
A former Sith? Vishan half grinned. "Terran, was it. How'd you get away from the Sith and there ways. From what I've seen, it's not easy."

Memories of another time permeated his thoughts. The dank castle prison, the rotten food, the filth of his own skin and clothes while incarcerated underneath the rule of the Sith Order. He was blessed with having a cell by himself because he really didn't like an audience watching him being tortured by his captors. It wasn't pretty.

His lip began to involuntarily twitch as he remembered the lacerations stinging with the mix of blood, sweat and dirt. Vishan almost dead from infection and his ears filled with the cackling Sith all around him, mocking him for not joining their cause.

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 19th, 2002, 01:24:27 AM
"My friend, Vishan, the story is long and very emotional." He smiled brightly at the man and could feel the pain from his own thoughts. He did not know what he was thinking--he had always strayed from learning to read minds. He preferred to feel out auras and understand feelings of his friends and allies--not to permeate their inner being. He knew many of his collegues could see through minds. Maybe one day, when he fully trusted himself, he would let himself be trained in those arts. At this moment, he could sense pain in Vishan's eyes. Hurt...torture...prisons...images flooded his senses. Maybe he would bring this up to the man in private.

"I will tell you this: the Sith are cruel but methodical. In doing so, they desire--demand, rather--loyalty in their ranks. My mind wandered to possiblities of a more wholesome life and I was punished for what they would call treacherous notions. I was left for dead and survived the mess. Here I am today." He tried to keep it short. There were so many details, so many twists and turns, so many things he had learned. But to bore his company with such tales would scare them off and he rather liked talking to them.

"I was sure there was more to Dathomir than witches. Not having been there, though, I guess maybe there really isn't." He said, half jokingly to Coco.

Coco Blake
Sep 19th, 2002, 06:00:32 PM
"Well, like I said, the prison, and stuff."

She normally wasn't this curt, but Vishan was sending off bad vibes whenever Sith were mentioned. She could sense pain and hurt, she didn't like it.
"Think we can change the subject now? It seems to be upseting everyone."
She said quietly, having another sip of her milk.

Vishan Korogoth
Sep 19th, 2002, 08:59:06 PM
"Well, at least you got out of it, Terran. Proves you have some sense then those idiots running around my homeworld." He was grateful for the kid. Coco was right. He was fuming big time and a change of conversation was in serious order.

"So, Terran. You never did answer the question," he asked with a toothy grin. "What's good to eat here?"

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 20th, 2002, 08:43:14 AM
"Well, personally, I do eat my share of pancakes here. Master Yoghurt has a knack for pancakes. All the grilled meats are pretty tempting in their own rights--reelock, bantha, and starhog." He thought about the last breakfast he had. It was a great breakfast with...

"Do you frequent Yavin in your travels or do you reside somewhere in the system?" Terran tried to find out more about why the pair had ended up here together and maybe even what their interests in the Academy were.

Coco Blake
Sep 20th, 2002, 04:44:07 PM
She laughed.
"I am fresh off the ship...Vishan was nice enough to bring me here, since I guess there are shady types around. This is my first trip away from home."

Coco smiled brightly. "So, what do the Jedi do here anyways?"

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 20th, 2002, 05:49:37 PM
"That, is a great question which I would love to answer," he complimented Coco and he too smiled. "The Jedi reside here--this is our home. We train on Yavin--in all skills. These include knowledge, the Force, practical arts, and combat." He scanned Vishan's face for his emotions. He seemed to be quite calm now, though Terran could feel--ever so slightly--the trace of the Force and life around him.

Vishan Korogoth
Sep 20th, 2002, 07:55:06 PM
"Bantha? No dren. All right!" Vishan shook his head happily and closed the menu. "Know what I'm havin' now." He was only half hearing the beginning of the conversation between Coco and Terran until Yavin was brought up.

"Yavin as in the battle of Yavin? Whoa. My granddad used to tell me about the Rebellion back home and loved talkin' about the big victories they had. It's where the Jedi are now? Crazy." He was interrupted by the beeping of the serving droid, the same one that retrieved their drinks in the first place.

"Bantha steaks and don't make it too rare. I hate eatin' somethin' that moo's back," he said, giving the droid the menu but paying close attention to Terran. "So, basically you do what the Sith do just focusin' on the other side of the coin?"

Coco Blake
Sep 20th, 2002, 09:28:18 PM
She raised an eyebrow.

" I would imagine that's all Jedi are, the good version of Siths."

She gave the droid her menu, and sighed. "What the frell are practical arts? Cooking?"

She laughed.

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 21st, 2002, 12:50:35 AM
"Cooking, sewing, weaving, small tools--we Jedi learn to be self-sufficient. We learn to use the resources the Force gives us in order to survive. It is an important part of our training." He thought about what was said. "It is true in the sense that the Jedi and the Sith are opposites. It is good versus evil--a battle that will never be won. Which is why it is imperative that we maintain a role in the galaxy."

Coco Blake
Sep 21st, 2002, 01:52:23 PM
"Hmph, I would guess so."

She took another sip of her milk, draining her glass.
"Didn't your parents teach you those things though? I mean, my parents taught me to cook and such. Jedis do have parents right?"

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 21st, 2002, 01:58:18 PM
"Not in the same way that you may know your own parents. We all come from our own families--we all have our own blood and lineage. However, when we come to the academy, we take on a new life. We become padawans--apprentices to Jedi Knights and Jedi Masters. We learn from them like we would learn from our parents--they are our families. Our fathers, our mothers, our sisters and brothers. The entire order is like a great family." He smiled, hoping that he would clear up uncertainties that Coco may have had.

Vishan Korogoth
Sep 21st, 2002, 05:19:29 PM
Vishan was too busy covering his face with a hand; trying to hide the fact that he was laughing.

The image of a Jedi sewing circle in his mind was just too damn funny.

Coco Blake
Sep 21st, 2002, 09:27:04 PM
Coco picked up on the image in her own mind and laughed out loud.
"Sorry...Wow, must be nice to be a Jedi. I guess you'd ahev to be smart and stuff to be one."
She laughed again, resting her head on a hand, her elbow on the table.

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 22nd, 2002, 09:44:56 PM
"Yes, it's true, you do have to be smart. But most people who make it to the Academy are. It just grows from there. Some work hard and stay on the path; others don't. Those that don't end up...well, elsewhere."

Coco Blake
Sep 22nd, 2002, 10:27:55 PM
"Hmmmmm."

Coco looked down at the table top, thinking. Maybe..she could be a Jedi? Nah, they wouldn't take a witch into their group. She frowned to herself and sighed.

Vishan Korogoth
Sep 26th, 2002, 01:58:11 PM
"What exactly is elsewhere? You mean they go Sith more often then not or no?" He half-smiled. "Or they just go back home happy that they couldn't cut it as ah Jedi?"

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 26th, 2002, 03:24:01 PM
"Some return to their homes, yes. Most of the time, people quit because they are not dedicated. Even though the Sith are evil, they are very dedicated to their own cause. If one can't make it as a Jedi, he may end up as a freelance warrior or perhaps a Dark Jedi. No one can really tell--the Force has a path set out for each of us."

Vishan Korogoth
Sep 29th, 2002, 06:40:35 PM
He scoffed. Not impressed. "There ain't no fricking Force that controls me."

Vishan liked to believe that. He really did.

Coco Blake
Sep 29th, 2002, 08:40:08 PM
Coco rolled her eyes at Vishan and then smiled at Terran.

"I believe you."

imported_Terran Starek
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:07:41 AM
Terran thought that Vishan's comment was really reflecting his want to ignore the truth. Something inside told the Jedi this was true. He smiled at Coco.

"Thank you. Sometimes, it seems, we hide ourselves from the truth." He glanced at Vishan. "We run from it. Maybe we are afraid of what it holds. Maybe we are bitter because of what experiences we have had in the past." Terran's eyes tried to probe the thoughts of Vishan, hoping to bring forth a hint to his mysterious past. "Nonetheless, it remains so." It would not be the time to challenge the young man's thinking yet. Not here, not now.

"Enough philosophy, eh? I am famished." He spoke with a grin, ordering some water and a sandwhich.

Vishan Korogoth
Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:47:31 PM
Terran was trying to be smooth and it was plenty obvious that he was making a point to Vishan. About what, he didn't know. Considering how horrific his past was, Vishan thought he turned out pretty well. Having the Sith invade your planet, torture you, kill your family and then have to kill with your own hands to escape prison could have left Vishan bitter and hell bent on revenge. But what would it serve. There was nothing he could do on his own to remove the festering cancer sore that was the Sith Order off his planet. They were too entrenched on Correllia and firmly cemented their power.

That was the logical side of him but there were those many years after his escape that Vishan was a hermit. Only working to survive the next day and held no company. But things change as do people. It just takes time to heal and accept what happened.

Doesn't mean that the Sith and his home planet were a sore subject but he didn't start fights anymore over them.

"About time ya ordered." He said with a half smile, "Was wonderin' if you were ever gonna join us to eat."

Coco Blake
Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:58:29 PM
She smiled and laughed. She liked Vishan, she was glad he brought her here.

imported_Terran Starek
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:23:56 PM
As Terran observed the other two order, he sat quietly. He could tell many things about Vishan. The man was very, very intelligent--that was obvious by his sense of humor and the constant motion behind his eyes. Thoughts, and lots of them.

He could also see that he was experienced. He had been around the galaxy a time or two. Perhaps he was a space pirate or a smuggler. Perhaps he was in the Imperial Navy.

But what stood out most was the stirrings inside of him. It didn't take a Jedi long to smell out the Force. It was true--like a scent, a single wiff would take the mind on a wild ride. He had gotten his single wiff. Now, he was interested.

"What is your profession, Vishan. Traveler, yes. Where is your income made?" He smiled. "And if the business is not exactly...legal, worry not. I won't tell, I promise." He chuckled a bit.

Vishan Korogoth
Oct 3rd, 2002, 09:48:45 PM
Vishan's face lit up at the sound of Coco's laughter. Eventhough the day turned out rotten, it was at least ending on a good note. Even meeting Terran wasn't so bad. The Jedi was very inquisitive, which could be a problem for some, but the Padawan came across in such a polite manner that it was more curiosity that Vishan sensed coming from Terran.

Not like Vishan had anything to hide anyway. "Well, smugglin'. No. Ah big no. Did it once and," he started cracking up, "Well, there was this whole Imp fiasco and after that I swore no more of that." Clearing his throat after the last chuckle, Vishan regained his composure. "Mostly I do odd jobs wherever I go. Workin' the spaceports, fixin' things, sometimes pilotin' ships to their destinations. Whatever gives me the creds to get off the planet and into the next system." He shrugged, "Not very glamorous like my old job but at least I get to see the galaxy at my own pace. See lots of bein's and worlds that take ya breath away."

imported_Terran Starek
Oct 4th, 2002, 02:06:27 AM
Terran sat and listened intently to what Vishan said. He understood perfectly--that had been his life for the years when he couldn't remember--the years after the Sith Academy and before joining the Greater Jedi Order. It was blur of adventure--exciting, dangerous, and random. He was a pirate at some points, scavenging old military bases and broken down ships--some with people still in them. Mostly, though, he and Biggs (the man whom he traveled with) did odd jobs at spaceports ranging from ship repair to prize fighting.

But, as the Force would will, he returned peacefully to a place like the Jedi Order, where his true love of life remained--nature. He felt ten times more at home when he was at peace in the trees than when he was sailing the stars.

"I understand, my friend. The life of a star-sailor. Ah, how tempting it still is to rejoin it." He smiled broadly and took in a deep breath of air. Real oxygen--it was a bit more apealing to him now. "Those days are gone from me, Vishan. I would wish you the best of luck in your own travels and safe passage--but not yet. You aren't allowed to depart so soon!" He laughed as the food made its way to their table. It smelled so good that his own senses flared more than usual.

Vishan Korogoth
Oct 8th, 2002, 03:35:49 PM
The smell was so intoxicating to the starving Vishan, that his own body revolted. His stomach growled so loudly that his cheeks began to burn red from embarrassment but it didn't last long. The bantha steak look succulent and the juice had spilled over somewhat into the steamed vegetables offering a delicious aroma. There was also a healthy serving of potatoes that was calling to his senses.

Natural drive took over and Vishan grabbed his fork and started digging into his dinner, letting his hunger speak more volumes then saying anything.