PDA

View Full Version : First time I ever train a girl..(Rinoa)

imported_Lance Stormrider
Sep 15th, 2002, 10:19:35 AM
:: Lance hadn't slept all night meditating on different events that had occured lately...for sure his life had transformed into chaos....as the most dear things of his life had vanished..or reappeared with a sorrowfull impact...Lance was sitting on his bed his eyes closed...as suddenly he remembered he had something to do...today he was going to train his newest padawan...and really no ordinary padawan he thought to him-self..he going to train a girl..Lance giggled at the thought of it as he rose to his feet, he went to take a shower and cloth him-self as he took the essentials with him, his lightsaber his strider blade...and his backpack with some equipement in it.::

:: The large doors of the academy opened as Lance walked in, walking towards the edge of the room Lance sat down and closed his eyes waiting for his apprentice to come.::

Rinoa Heartilly
Sep 22nd, 2002, 07:40:49 AM
Rinoa had woken up to the sound of her computer, and was surprised to head that her new Master, Lance, wanted her to come to the Academy for a bit of training.

"Hey, cool..." she had said, before dragging her body out of bed and walking towards the shower.

45 minutes later, she was striding along the path towards the academy, eating a piece of bread that she had "liberated" from one of the open markets.

"Well, hope I didn't keep my master waiting..." she thought, as she walked throught the transparisteel doors into the academy's lobby. It was nice, and about 20 degrees cooler in here...refreshing. She strode up to one of the receptionists and asked where she could find Lance Stormrider.

Sep 22nd, 2002, 07:43:51 AM
:: The receptionist motionned Rinoa to follow her towards one of the large rooms in the academy, as she opened the door she pointed to a man sitting on the floor his eyes closed it was Lance and he had sensed the presence of his apprentice.::

Rinoa Heartilly
Sep 22nd, 2002, 07:51:49 AM
Rinoa thanked the receptionist, and strode into the room, spotting lance in a corner, with his eyes closed...

"Hey...erm, dude?" she asked, waving her hands in front of his face...his eyes snapped open, and he smiled so fast that Rinoa fell over backwards...

"Ah!" she shouted, inclined to laugh at her own stupid behavior...she shoulda known that he wasn't sleeping...or dead...

Sep 23rd, 2002, 04:38:20 AM
:: Lance rose to his feet and walked towards his apprentice, he lightly put his hand on her hair and laughed a bit.::

"Haha thought I was dead or sumthing? Don't worry I'm immortal" A grin formed unto his lips as he went back sitting down.

"Please seat down Rinoa...we are going to have a conversation before we do anything.." His tone changed from a happy go luck one to a very serious and calm tone.

Rinoa Heartilly
Sep 25th, 2002, 06:36:14 AM
Rinoa was still a bit startled, but she laughed at his response and took a seat on the floor.

"Erm, sure, master...anything in particular?" she asked, wondering what to say about herself...

Instinctively, she glanced down to her necklace...there was something she'd end up including...

Sep 25th, 2002, 04:06:38 PM
:: Lance observed her for a bit she sure was pretty and he sure was lucky to have her as his padawan.::

"Hmm but first things first"

"Hmm..you know it's not that I want to force you to..but when we're gonna be in the temple or council rooms..you must greet aall of your fellow jedis with a light bow...' He said grinning a bit.

"Yeah I know all padawans have difficulties getting customed to it. But it's just a form of respect, but hey! Don't give me the bow if we're not in the presence of masters or anyone else when were alone don't bother doing that, it makes me feel old" He said laughing a bit."

:: He then got back to his calm state and spoke again.::

"Well before we begin..just talk to me about your-self...your past where do you come from everything..and why have you come here?"

Rinoa Heartilly
Sep 27th, 2002, 09:08:16 PM
"You...old...ya, right..."

She laughed, trying to think of what to say first.

"Alright...well, my name is Rinoa Heartilly. I'm from Corellia..."

She thought a second, then said:

"No, wait...actually, I'm not quite from Corellia, but I've lived there since I was two. My home planet is...was...a tropical planet called Caliban. I only have a few memories of it, but I'd like to go back someday...except that it's gone..."

Her mind flicked back to the destruction of Caliban by Thrawn...she pulled herself away from that memory and went on.

"My family was able to escape on one of our cargo freighters...oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that. My dad owns RedStar Shipping Co...it's like, the 6th biggest shipping company in the galaxy..."

"Damn family..." she thought...

"Well, anyway. I grew up as some spoiled rich girl that only had to complain, and I'd get what I wanted...but, one day, I guess that got old. I told my family how I wanted to be a jedi, and they basically threw me out of the house and cut me off from the trust until I gave up my...ridiculous ideas..."

She stood up and began pacing around the room. She didn't hate her parents, they just weren't really used to stuff like this.

"So, I came here. It took a while, but I finally arrived."

She slowed, then wondered what he would say. She'd been talking for a few minutes now...

Sep 27th, 2002, 09:17:47 PM
"What a tale " Lance said passing his hand under his chin.

"But what counts is thta your here and your determinated to be a jedi, but tell me my young padawan do you know what a Jedi's everyday work is? Do you think you can handle the life of a Jedi? I must warn you..that our lives are very rough and very active, you will learn patience and patience shall show you how to control the force"

Rinoa Heartilly
Sep 27th, 2002, 09:26:42 PM
Rinoa thought about it for a second. Not that she had much of a choice, but she would have said yes anyway.

"Yes, master. Patience might be a bit of a hard part with me, but I'm working on it. Oh, yeah...I forgot to mention. I'm 19 right now."

Sep 27th, 2002, 09:30:37 PM
:: Lance smiled gently and then heard "19"::

"Really!? Your 19 oh! That's so cool! Were same age! Erm I mean yeah ok back to our class" he said switching for happy go like flirty boy to serious let's get done with tone.

"Alright then you have the will to learn paticen then very well, tell me Rinoa, do you know what the force is?"

Rinoa Heartilly
Sep 27th, 2002, 09:33:15 PM
Rinoa smiled at his response.

"Ya, that is cool."

She tried to figure out what the hell the force is, now.

"Erm...no, not really, master...want me to guess?" she asked.

Sep 27th, 2002, 09:37:47 PM
"Haha!" He said laughing a bit.

"No no, the force is a power...an energy that controls the universe and maintains the galazy in a unique form...in a unique balance, we Jedis use that power to aid us in our tasks to defend the innocent and bring peace to our galaxy. The force is everywhere in all your cells in all the objects, you must focus and learn patience, you must forget everything you have learnt and believe in it, in order to achieve the task of a jedi you must serve the force and never wield it like a weapon....my young apprentice, I want you to close your eyes...and focus..f you have been accepted it is because you have that potential to control the force in you, now concentrate...and feel it...feel the strange energy in your body...once you have done this...we shall process with your basic force training" Lance said coughing a bit after such a long speech

Rinoa Heartilly
Sep 27th, 2002, 09:44:05 PM
Rinoa noticed him coughing.

"Breathe, man, breathe..."

Now, wanting to begin her training, she decided to go for the task on hand. She closed her eyes, trying to calm her beating heart, waiting for any feeling...

So she waited...and waited...

...and there, she felt it. It was like a gentle flow of energy throughout her body, and she was amazed that she had never noticed it before. Maybe it was because she had never known what to look for.

"I felt it!" she said, her eyes flicking open, and a wide grin on her face.

Sep 27th, 2002, 09:50:49 PM
"Good good!" He said smiling gently

"Before we proceed I will say the jedi code you must repeat it and swear you will abide by it"

:: Lance managed to gather his breath and spoke::

"Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy. Jedi use their powers to defend and to protect, never to attack others.
Jedi respect all life, in any form. Jedi serve others, rather than ruling over them, for the good of the galaxy.
Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training." - Jedi Code

Rinoa Heartilly
Sep 27th, 2002, 09:53:19 PM
"Ok...erm...Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy. Jedi use their powers to defend and to protect, never to attack others. Jedi respect all life, in any form. Jedi...um, jedi..."

Rinoa hit herself in the head.

"Hey, can I start over?" she asked, laughing.

Sep 27th, 2002, 10:02:18 PM
"....Yeah sure" Lance said scratching his head.

Rinoa Heartilly
Sep 27th, 2002, 10:04:46 PM
"Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy. Jedi use their powers to defend and to protect, never to attack others.
Jedi respect all life, in any form. Jedi serve others, rather than ruling over them, for the good of the galaxy."

Rinoa was trying to think of the last part...

"Jedi...erm, jedi...Jedi...seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training!" she said, quickly, before she forgot again.

"Yes, I got it...ya!" she thought, happily.

Sep 27th, 2002, 10:07:22 PM
"Do you swera to abide by it and never in any case break one of those rules?"

Rinoa Heartilly
Sep 27th, 2002, 10:09:19 PM
Rinoa was still thinking about other stuff, so it took her a good 30 seconds to realise that Lance had asked her something.

"Huh? Oh, yes. I swear to abide by these rules, and to not, in any case, break them." she said.

Sep 27th, 2002, 10:11:48 PM
:: Lance placed his hand on her hair.::

"Wow such..I mean good let us proceed" He said walking towards the garden motionning her to follow him.

Rinoa Heartilly
Sep 27th, 2002, 10:13:22 PM
Rinoa laughed again.

"New conditioner...like it?" she asked teasingly, walking alongside him.

Sep 27th, 2002, 10:21:05 PM
"Yeah I gotta admit I'm a lot into that stuf my-self hehe look at my hair I'm always changing it" He said then stoping in front of a tree.

"Well we'll start our first excercise here.."

:: He rose his hand as two rocks on the floor floated in the air to smash a tree at a distance.::

:: He saw the amazement in his apprentice's eyes.::

"I want you to do this....see those rocks over there" He said pointing to 2 small rocks near a tree.

"I want you to focus the force...and once you feel it focus it in our arms..and use it to lift those rocks above the ground"

Rinoa Heartilly
Sep 27th, 2002, 10:30:52 PM
Rinoa just stood there, her mouth agape.

"You just..you...but...wha'...erm, how...?" was all she could ask...that was crazy.

After getting over the initial shock of watching rocks fly, Rinoa decided to try it herself.

She tried to feel the force again, and noticed that it was much easier this time. The gentle energy pulsed around inside of her, and she tried to send it to her arms...it was moving, but very slowly.

The energy was moving way too slowly, and she knew that she must look stupid just standing in a garden with her eyes closed.

"Well...I think I got it...." she thought, as she felt the energy bulk up in her arms...they felt lighter, somehow, more energized. She opened her eyes to see the rocks, and then tried to find them with the force. Rinoa thought they would have been very hard to find...but, for some reason, they showed up in her senses like a bright light. Slowly, Rinoa imagined sending the force in her arms towards the rocks, and she could feel it leaving her body.

Suddenly, like she was being pulled by a dog on a leash, she felt the energy connect to the rocks. Slowly...actually, everything involving her force powers right now were slow...she lifted the rocks into the air.

"Hey, I got it!" she said, smiling. The rocks were wobbling dangerously in the air, but at least they were IN the air. Now, Rinoa struggled to keep then there.

Sep 27th, 2002, 10:33:20 PM
:: Lance didn't make any noise not to break the concentration and wispered::

"Smash them against the tree now, brutally"

Rinoa Heartilly
Sep 27th, 2002, 10:36:00 PM
"Okay... Rinoa thought, though she gave no visual indication to her master.

She opened her eyes once more to find the tree...she still wasn't that dependent on her force seeing...and then, she closed her eyes, and using the control she still had over the rocks, she brought her arms together, and the two rocks smashed into the tree...hard...

"Ooops..." she said, as the two rocks shattered and sprayed her and her master with gravel.

Sep 27th, 2002, 10:38:09 PM
:: Lance crossed his arms over his chest watching the gravel spray on them both he didn't move a bit.::

"Very well done, excellent marvelous. Your very good Rinoa" he said clapping his hands.

"Ready for our next excercise or need rest?"

Rinoa Heartilly
Sep 27th, 2002, 10:40:41 PM
"Rest..." she said, panting, as she picked bits of rock out of her hair and swept dust off her dress...Lance didn't seem to have even flinched.

"Wait...oh, thank you, master. Let's go on, okay?" she said, dusting the last pieces of gravel out of her hair....

Sep 27th, 2002, 10:45:35 PM
:: Lance walked up to her placed his hand on her hair again.::

:: He took off another piece of gravel out.::

"Oh watch out for the gravel" He said laughing a bit looking at his own hair.

"Well! Next excercise" He placed his hand in his backpack and grabbed an iron bar out, he hen used the force to squeeze it.

"This is called force grab..use the force once again in your arms to grab your weapon...you will need to do this while fighting other force users...like siths..you can also use it to grab and squeeze even hard materials" He said grabbing another bar and throwing it to her.

"try it out"

Rinoa Heartilly
Sep 27th, 2002, 10:49:12 PM
"Gah!" Rinoa yelled, as the heavy iron bar flew towards her.

She managed to catch it.

"...Um, master...tell me when you're gonna throw heavy metal items at me, okay?" she asked, laughing.

"Now, to the task at hand..." she thought, trying to concentrate again.

Sep 27th, 2002, 10:52:04 PM
" That is up to you Rinoa! Don't forget to ALWAYS stay focused on the force, it will guide you and tell you what is about to happen" He said crossing his arms.

Rinoa Heartilly
Nov 23rd, 2002, 08:44:06 AM
"Okay, master..." she said, smiling. She looked down at the bar. It was heavy, and unremarkable. Just another Iron bar...

She focused the force into her arms, and concentrated as well as she knew. An unnatural calmness fell into her mind, and she seized worrying about anything but the task at hand. She tried to control the energy inside of her and channeled it as close to her fingers as she could.

"I hope I don't break a nail..." she murmured, as she squeezed the hard iron bar with all her strength. She felt it move underneath her force, and she smiled.

"Hey...I did it!" she remarked, happily.

She removed her hands from the bar and noticed narrow gouges in the metal where her fingers had practically molded into it.

"That's pretty damn cool, Lance...erm, Master..."

(ooc: Whoops, that reply took a while...I'm back, though...:lol)

Nov 23rd, 2002, 11:04:21 PM
:: Lance smiled lightly and passed his hand through his hair.::

"Heh, gotta admit your pretty talented, but don't get too cocky this is just baby stuff" He said laughing a bit.

"Well, not too tired?...Or do you want to proceed with the next move?"

Rinoa Heartilly
Nov 24th, 2002, 07:24:30 AM
"Erm...I'll keep going..."

The baby stuff was draining her, but she was determined to make this stuff work...

"What next, master?"

Nov 25th, 2002, 05:50:24 AM
"Alright then, our next exercise is a very used and important one, this will be very usefull in battle, it's called the force jump"

:: Lance focused the force through his legs , for it was very easy for him to do this, as he felt that the force was there he asked it to aid him in his jump, Lance force jumped at 100 feet above the ground to land at the top of one of the biggest tree in the garden.::

:: From up there he looked down at Rinoa who was observing the move, and jumped back down on his feet perfectly using his strider abilities.::

"Very well, to perform this you must as you did before, concentrate on the force feel it flow through you and then focus it in your legs, after you are sure there is enough of it focused jump at top...hmm that tree" He pointed at a 50 ft tall tree which was the altitude a padawan usually does.

"Wel get set"

Rinoa Heartilly
Nov 25th, 2002, 06:23:23 AM
"You've got to be kidding me, dude..."

The tree looked way up there. She didn't even know if she could land on that tree, but she'd try.

"Alright, master..."

She closed her eyes and tried focusing the force down into her legs. It felt warm and powerful, coursing through her body like energy. She crouched and then leaped as hard as she could, pushing against the hard ground with her legs.

She flew into the air about 15 feet, ducking under the branches before falling to the ground in a heap. She just managed to control her panic and abosrbed some of the energy from the crash into her legs.

"Ah...that'll leave a bruise..." she said, but she got back up to try again.

She concentrated her abilities even further, building up energy. It felt like she had drained some of the power out of her arms, but she jumped up like she was on springs and landed on a branch a good 30 feet off the ground. She quickly grabbed the tree-trunk to keep herself from falling, and then pondered how the hell she was going to get down...

Nov 26th, 2002, 10:04:25 AM
:: Lance let out a small laugh as this wasn't the first time he had been asked that question::
"Heh all of my padawans asked me the same time, don't worry if you can't land I'll catch ya " Lance winked walking further towards the tree.

"Ready when you are"

Rinoa Heartilly
Jan 9th, 2003, 05:23:26 AM
Shakily, Rinoa released her grip on the treem ben her knees...and jumped.

She felt her body in freefall and panicked, throwing all of her force energy downwards and creating a cushion...of sorts.

She crashed into the ground feet-first with a bone jarring "thud" that knocked her down...she slowly stood up again, smiling at her master.

"Hey! I didn't kill myself!" she said jokingly, starring in awe at the height she had descended from.

Jan 9th, 2003, 05:59:44 AM
:: Lance hit his forehead with his right hand lightly.::

"Oh, now that's good to know" Lance laughed a bit before looking back at her.

"Excellent, you can now perform the force jump, excellent....so now you have two choices, you can continue practicing this move untill you feel you can really do it or we can move on to the next move it's your choice either choices are welcome."

Rinoa Heartilly
Jan 9th, 2003, 07:55:53 AM
"I think one time up in a tree is enough for today, don't you?"

She laughed lightly and then strode over to her master.

"Should I practice these kinds of techniques every day?"

Jan 9th, 2003, 07:04:52 PM
"Hmm, it's up to you, when I was a padawan I use to train every day all day" Lance laughed.

"Your lucky to have such a good looking and greatness as a master" He laughed sarcastically and looked over to her.

"Now my pretty apprentice, for our next move, this is the hardest move in the basic force training, but also a very usefull move" He looked over to her.

"The force speed! You think your ready for this?"