PDA

View Full Version : LQ thread blues

TheHolo.Net
Sep 14th, 2002, 08:29:52 PM
Sigh

Alrighty. I’ll step forward and say something to those who are angry about their thread being moved from the LQ forum of the GJO. I will directly address their accusations of cowardice and or Jedi fear with what I feel turns the tables and shows such being present in their own actions and accusations.

Earlier today in the Jedi Only section of the GJO forums (note: Jedi Only as in no non Jedi allowed **red lights flash**) there was a thread titled “Breaking the Rules (lance and open)”.

The thread started out looking innocent and cool enough with interaction between a couple characters. Eventually that interaction became more than only two characters (still cool and within the rules to some extent. Clearing non Sith threads with GJO in the LQ or other ‘Jedi Only’ forums is proper practice around here.). But then that thread, which was labeled to a single individual, “lance and open” gives me the first impression that hey this thread is for Lance and maybe other characters close to him IC, took a big turn as more and more Darksiders began to magically appear on the surface of the planet Yavin. Completely negating and neglecting all the space and ground based security systems that the Jedi have in place with zero explanation.

Once things start blowing up around the Jedi LQ, people start coming along and saying “hey wait a second this isn’t fair”. Guess what? The people saying it isn’t fair are right because there are rules and protocol present around here, which were not followed.

And now the accusations about the Jedi being cowards or whatnot are flying and people are calling each other names in the thread in OOC posts. Let me tell you what, calling people names of any kind in an OOC fashion is a quick way to buy a ticket on the long bus ride to nowhere. It is the ultimate in immaturity to resort to such tactics as that. I mean what person past elementary school ge has come out and called someone else a chicken? Lets try to act like reasonably mature people here.

Now, that I have stated what has happened and the reasoning behind the thread being closed and removed, let me point out a few other things and some possibilities that would have made it fit within the rules and avoided everything that people are complaining about now.

1. The thread title was misleading. Addressing it to a single individual and then pulling this stunt is what I consider a sneaky and underhanded tactic. Tacking on the “open” to the end of it doesn’t change this when included with a direct mention of a name. A person’s name in a thread title causes the vast majority of people to just skip by it unless they are one that reads everything or one directly related to that person IC.

2. Attacks on a group’s base per SWFans.Net rules have to be brought to the attention of the group’s authorities. That was not done in this case and no I am not saying that every aspect has to be planned or pre-prepared. When doing something so major, people have to be informed it is occurring, not have things being snuck by under their noses.

3. Lastly, if this thread’s location was chosen in a more open and publicly viewed forum rater than being tucked away in the Jedi LQ forum, it would also have shined a more positive light on its possibilities for being accepted, yet criteria 1 and 2 would still need to be addressed. It would have been far braver for those responsible for this attack to do it in a widely viewed forum such as the main SWFans RP forum.

If you have comments or questions that are reasonable and mature please feel free to post them here. If you would instead prefer to act like a six year old who just had his favorite television show turned off as someone else switched the channel, please refrain from comment until you have decided to act like you are a young adult or adult.

Thanks

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 14th, 2002, 08:43:24 PM
Now speaking as a Mod for this board in its entirely... do not think GJO is getting special treatment. This is not the case. All points mentioned are for ALL groups affliated with Swforums.

That is the only point I wish to bring up since everything else that needed to be stated has been.

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 14th, 2002, 09:29:54 PM
Hah, well said, SWF. It just seems like this thread wasn't planned out, and instead was full of people throwing themselves into the battle for the hell of it.

Tomak Ohara
Sep 14th, 2002, 10:40:00 PM
I just wanted to come out and say I am sorry for doing that. I thought they had autharization to do so. I apologize for my actions and promise it will never happen again. So call me names if you must, but at least now I can go, "I apologized!".
Thank you for your time,

Tomak Ohara

Mistress Tatiana
Sep 14th, 2002, 11:18:08 PM
Well, you were right in that it is a Jedi only forum. I didn't realize which forum it was in since I was only sent the link to the actual thread to post in. But also, the thread was started by Lance, and he had asked us to join in on the thread, so that gave us the impression that it was okay.

Another thing, we weren't sneaking around or making any hints by the name of the thread. Like I said, it was started by Lance, and the attack wasn't planned at all. In fact, today was the only time it was actually discussed by those who were posting in it. It was just a thing of the moment. An idea we thought would make a great RP thread.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 14th, 2002, 11:21:27 PM
But can it be explained how so many Darksiders were able to get planetside at all?

Do any of you have any concept of the defense system set up around Yavin?

I do and know that having a half dozen or more vamps on the surface without including any of those explanations is not the least bit believable.

Its god mode to just appear on the planet and start blowing stuff up, besides the other three points I mentioned in my first post.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 14th, 2002, 11:31:47 PM
Originally posted by Mistress Tatiana
Another thing, we weren't sneaking around or making any hints by the name of the thread. Like I said, it was started by Lance, and the attack wasn't planned at all. In fact, today was the only time it was actually discussed by those who were posting in it. It was just a thing of the moment. An idea we thought would make a great RP thread. That being the case. The thread should have been continued by starting a new thread in a forum that is not within the "Jedi Only" category as a linked type of thing, but my previous points still stand.

Lord Soth
Sep 14th, 2002, 11:43:11 PM
Well...First off I really hope you guy's know me well enough by now to see that I was juz getting your goat and playing with ya in a ooc kinda way...Not to be taken personally peep.

You do have some valid point's here and I can see that from your perspictive...Next time I blow some S H I T up I'll be sure to run it by ya Mod's and Addie's...As for the name call'en...my appologies. Like I said, it wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

SWnet. Guy...Hey bro...Wasen't sneek'en around my friend... The thread just unfolded the way it did. It wasn't planned. But hey..no big, it's just RP.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 14th, 2002, 11:55:36 PM
A small RP for character development purposes located in the LQ forum with the occasional unexplained presence of a Darksider or two can slip under the cracks in the believability scale. But something that affects the entire group required something completely different. Well planned, highly detailed, and as many points of believability and explanation as conceivable are definate musts.

Trust me. I was involved in one of the only two instances of the Jedi HQ being destroyed since this RP's inception. Mine was successful because the rules were followed (parties notified and posted in a public not semi private forum) and it had a degree of believability. It also had a slowly developed plot that allowed for counteraction.

I can fully understand spur of the moment, but consequences of action also need to be considered, and breaking established forum rules will yield un fun consequences. Just try to learn from mistakes and not let them stop what happens in the future and such things can happen. Trust me, I’ve been a part of it. :)

Lord Soth
Sep 15th, 2002, 12:06:56 AM
Np bro ham...Point taken...And thank's for your time.

::Place's a Big Ass bomb under SWnet. guy's chair::

::Click!:: :) jk

Coco Blake
Sep 15th, 2002, 12:13:39 AM
*watches as Soth gets blown to bits*

:lol

SWF is "god" here. Silly Sothy. ;)

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Sep 15th, 2002, 12:23:45 AM
ya can't harm god.... :lol

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Sep 15th, 2002, 12:53:23 AM
Glad to see that things are somewhat ok :)

Figrin D'an
Sep 15th, 2002, 01:27:54 AM
Seems that this is reaching an acceptable conclusion...

I'm sure every GJO member would like to see RP's at this board involving a myriad of characters from varied groups... that's why we are here, after all. We just get concerned (and sometimes upset) when the established board policy is not followed. I know, as a GJO admin, I have no desire to step on anyones fun, but I also think the rules we have laid down are pretty reasonable and have a distinct purpose... they exist as an aid to snuff out possible major RP problems before they develop.

I hope everyone understands that we're not trying to ruin good RP, nor are we just enforcing a bunch of superfluous rules... we just want to prevent the large OOC arguments and bickering that can develop from threads of this nature... that kind of dialogue doesn't do any good for any involved party...

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 15th, 2002, 03:16:01 AM
To what Mr SwFans.net, it is correct.

(Wanders off as there is nothing else to see here)

imported_Lance Stormrider
Sep 15th, 2002, 08:10:25 AM
Ok Ive got a few things to say even though it seems its already been cleared out.

1- I did not start that thread
2- I did not ask for your presence cause I don't even know who the hell you are.
3-I was ASKED to join that thread, it was supposed to be a moment between Lance and Kaytor.

Thank you that's all :)

Lord Soth
Sep 15th, 2002, 12:07:28 PM
::Sigh::

Ok bro...Let's get a few fact's straight here...

1. First off,...I was invited by Kaytor as a Shrine member in that thread...

*2. You were totally fine in the "Chat Room" when the thread was active as we all know who were present in the conversation. lol

3. The topic I would think by now is a "mute" point. There are a lot of my own opinion's that I could have easily brought out, however I bit my tongue and held my peace...

4. I could have gone into explicit detail as to "how" and "why" the Vamp's did what they did but as "we" know it was a fast moving thread and it was NOT planned so hence, I went with the roll's on it...

*5. My apologies only extended to the "name calling" which I explained above (scroll up) and my part in not asking for permission in a jedi/only forum to blow the Chit outta them...

Thank you very much...:)

Sep 15th, 2002, 01:49:53 PM
Ugh that wasn't adressed to you it was adressed to Tatiana :). Don't worry bout it it was just to clear one thing out. I did not invite anyone in that thread. I joined the thread ONLY because Kaytor told me to do so. That's it end of the line. >_>

Mistress Tatiana
Sep 15th, 2002, 02:29:31 PM
Oh, sorry, I thought you had started the thread. Like I said earlier, I was just given the link to the thread and happened to join as everything fell apart.

And I know you didn't personally ask me to join, I was asked by the others. I was under the impression though that you and Kaytor were okay with how everything was unfolding. I remember the day before, Soth was telling me about that thread and how he just made his last post. Meaning, that the thread was coming to an end. So I was actually surprised when I was asked to join in cause I thought it had basically ended. When I was told what was happening in the thread, I figured that you guys had wanted to expand on the story that you were doing.
Like everyone else, I'm just here to RP.

Xenodoros Stormrider
Sep 15th, 2002, 02:45:13 PM
Let me explain why my character was there. I was invited by someone, not Lance, to RP there. Of course, all I knew was that Soth and Kaytor would be there. I didn't know at all that the whole Shrine would get there.

Heck, I didn't even see when the Shrine got there because the thread was already closed at removed. But I had no intentions of disturbing anyone or anything in the GJO LQ.

If I would have known that more Dark Siders got there and created chaos, I would have left the thread. Like Mr. .Net said, "a small RP for character development purposes located in the LQ forum with the occasional unexplained presence of a Darksider or two can slip under the cracks in the believability scale."

It's very well understood that the RP wasn't planned very well.

I apologize for any inconvenience I might have brought.

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 16th, 2002, 05:16:47 AM
I got nothing against you, Soth...it's a mistake anybody can make...just practice holding your tongue a bit more, ok, dude...:lol

Sep 16th, 2002, 09:16:43 AM
It's all Kaytor's fault let's blame her! *
:p

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 16th, 2002, 09:23:09 AM
We can try, but her avatar used to be San, and she's one of the coolest anime people of all time...it's hard to hate a wolf princess...

Kaytor Surna
Sep 18th, 2002, 11:23:50 PM
*glares at Lance*

Thanks alot.

And yes it was me that started the thread. I had plans for it but I only ment for Soth and Tomak to be the only other vampyres out there. Maybe Alana. I had planned to end it with kay's soul being taken away. I dont exactly know how a full fledged war broke out. And it was not me that gave Soth the idea's to blow up the LQ. So stop blameing me for the entire freak out of the thread.

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 18th, 2002, 11:54:18 PM
Hey, np, Kaytor...I have nothing against you just like I have nothing against everybody else, but I'm too lazy to type it in right now....^_^;

Sep 19th, 2002, 04:52:36 AM
I have something against Kaytor! she's such a! JK! No boot no boot plz! *runs*

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 19th, 2002, 05:45:10 AM
:::Lance slips and falls on a bucketload of artificial butter:::

"Hah-hah!"

Well....

I swear to god....wait, we can't use religion...:lol...erm, anyway, we should set up a thread and find out every single word that gets filtered around here...or, we could ask Marcus, but this'd be so much more fun...:lol

Sene Unty
Sep 20th, 2002, 10:21:28 AM
Artificial butter?????? That's the best you could come up with?????

jeez........

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 20th, 2002, 10:23:37 AM
Actually, they had someobdy drink a gallon of the stuff on MTV once...

...of course, he got paid 200 bucks, but, still...a gallon of FAKE BUTTER?!?!?!

Sene Unty
Sep 20th, 2002, 10:24:50 AM
Did he puke???? I would have puked!!

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 20th, 2002, 10:49:58 AM
yup...threw up all over some Carson Daly lookalike....:lol

Sene Unty
Sep 20th, 2002, 11:54:28 AM
Ahhhhhh..you mean their are two Carson Daly's....*shudder*

Leeloo Mina
Sep 20th, 2002, 03:46:16 PM
Why couldnt he have vomited on the real one!?!

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 20th, 2002, 06:57:23 PM
Because the real one thinks that he's too pretty to come out onto a beach and get sand between his toes...well, that, and the fact the the host usually gets sprayed by ketchup or tossed off the dock...:lol

Leeloo Mina
Sep 20th, 2002, 09:12:30 PM
Aw, too bad :( :lol

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 25th, 2002, 07:25:14 AM
Yes, it is...

:::jumps off dock, flapping his arms, before landing in water and having his head torn off by a shark...:::

It doesn't work...:(

Sene Unty
Sep 25th, 2002, 07:38:54 AM
*Imagines Carson Daly floating in ocean with his head gone................smiles*

Ahhhh. That's right sharky's eat that pompous N*Sync reject.

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 26th, 2002, 05:41:03 AM
:::Lion floats by in a boat, waving Carson's arm around for the sharks:::

*Snigger, Snigger*

Sene Unty
Sep 26th, 2002, 12:03:13 PM

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 27th, 2002, 05:16:39 AM