PDA

View Full Version : Relaxed day

Lord Gue
Sep 14th, 2002, 08:14:52 PM
Oh yeah, just saw xXx, my vote, awesome movie. The begining coulda used some work, but hell anything for a little of the asia argenta action.

Saw Fast and the Furious, verdict, sucked balls. The ending was horrible, I mean, what the hell? Either theres a sequal or the movie gets a burn, even Pitch Black was better than this...

oh, and btw, now a proud owner of Battlefeild 1942...

Lord Gue
Sep 15th, 2002, 12:26:02 PM
ah, my next movie to see, Knockaround guys...

Barry Pepper, Vin Diesel, Seth Green, Dennis Hopper, John Malkovich

cant beat that...

Lord Gue
Sep 17th, 2002, 11:13:07 AM
just watched "Saving Private Ryan" the third movie in my Diesel collection. While my guy did get killed rather early, all in all, this was one of the greatest movies of all time. Though I would like to know what was in that letter...

Mu Satach
Sep 17th, 2002, 12:44:22 PM
Pitch Black was cool.

Sene Unty
Sep 17th, 2002, 12:45:35 PM
Pitch Black was okay.....:D

Kregain Richtien
Sep 18th, 2002, 03:35:17 PM
it was aight, not his best work, but better than other movies....

JonathanLB
Sep 18th, 2002, 04:59:32 PM
Pitch Black was his best film so far, absolutely awesome work from Vin Diesel, truly his break-out performance and what made him a rising star. That film put him in position to get roles like The Fast and the Furious and then that led to XXX.

Pitch Black is an awesome, excellent, modern sci-fi classic. It was amazingly well done on such a small budget for a sci-fi film, but it feels so original and compelling. The way it was shot is really neat, with this overexposed lens so that the scenes during the day look super bright. The crash sequence of the Hunter-Gratzner is one of the best I have ever seen.

I saw Pitch Black twice in theaters, many times on DVD.

Vin Diesel's movies, for me, go as follows:

Multi-Facial (short 20 minute film, which he wrote, directed, produced, and acted in): 3 stars.

Saving Private Ryan: 3 stars (blah...*cough* overrated *cough*).

Pitch Black: 4 stars.

Boiler Room: 3 stars (I'd like to re-evaluate this because it is close to 3.5 for me).

The Fast and the Furious: 3.5 stars.

XXX: 4 stars.

I have not seen Iron Giant yet, which he did the voice work for, but I hear it's quite good.

And I have to plug my site here, haha, which is, of course, http://www.VinDieselWorld.com

There are SO many new sites launching here lately. I've been inundated with link exchange requests, which is a good thing as it gives me the opportunity to increase my link popularity. The best part is that my competition continues to "increase," but that is a GOOD thing because every new site always links to the biggest sites in its category, so every time a site launches, my site is linked on it. It's the whole "King of The Hill" theory, there is just no dethroning it. :)

Kregain Richtien
Sep 18th, 2002, 05:27:38 PM
You saw Multi Facial? Damn, ive been looking for that, well, that and strays...

Admiral Lebron
Sep 18th, 2002, 05:38:36 PM
Iron Giant - his best work. Mainly because he grunted the whole time and it doesn't take a great actor to do that.

JMK
Sep 18th, 2002, 05:51:48 PM
Vin Diesel is smart in that he knows how to pick his roles. Most of movies are mind numbing summer action flicks, which I'm not slamming, but get real, it doesn't take Oscar-calibre acting skills to make it work, especially in the summer when people want to be entertained. SPR was a role in which he was surrounded by terrific actors and had a small role at best. He's a bankable star for sure, but its not hard to figure out how he got there.

JonathanLB
Sep 18th, 2002, 09:21:01 PM
It isn't hard to figure it out if you know anything about him. He got there through a lot of hard work, dedication, and a natural screen presence and acting ability that is unrivaled in most of today's stars. He's one of the biggest superstars in Hollywood right now, and if you've seen Boiler Room and Multi-Facial, which you obviously have not, you would know that his range includes any type of film that he wants to be in, not just summer action films. That's so idiotic to say. He has made TWO summer action movies, XXX and The Fast and the Furious, and then he's done Boiler Room and Pitch Black as his two other main films, so only half of them have even been during the summer. Pitch Black is an intelligent sci-fi film and he's just great in it.

He is a very talented actor, whether you want to give him credit or not doesn't really matter. I am sure he will milk his stardom for what it's worth and do plenty more action/sci-fi films, and there is nothing wrong with that as those are two of the better genres, but then I would bet that he goes and does a few films to show his true acting ability to those ignorant people who refuse to see his lesser-known movies, ahem *cough* *cough*. lol

Many people thought Jim Carrey was nothing more than a stupid clown who could talk out of his butt. Then he won two straight Golden Globe awards and put in a few of the best performances of the last decade. I believe that Jim Carrey is the most versatile, talented actor ever to grace the silver screen. Nobody can do comedy and drama as well as him, not even Robin Williams, who is also very talented. Carrey is the most gifted actor I have ever seen.

Given that you have never even seen Vin Diesel in a serious dramatic role, you wouldn't have any place to comment on his acting ability in those types of films. I'm not saying my opinion about that, I'm saying a fact. If you've never seen someone play basketball, you don't know if he's a good player or not. That's just a fact. So far, Diesel has been great in every action role he has had, which means there is no reason to believe he wouldn't be great in a serious dramatic role either. He has been in a few roles that are not action-related, but they just were not leading roles, or the one that was a leading role was in a short film. The point is, you can't judge what you haven't seen, plain and simple.

JonathanLB
Sep 19th, 2002, 07:48:17 AM
This I have to mention because it is so cool.

As anyone knows, business is all about being at the right place at the right time with the right product or service that meets an untapped demand the public has. This could even be a newly created demand for something previously unknown about or not popular.

As such, my success with VinDieselWorld.com was all about predicting that a relatively small star was going to strike it big -- really big.

Here is a testament to the star power of Vin Diesel:

"xXx MARKS THE HOT: Lest it get lost underneath a pile of Presleys and Priestleys, we should note the significant achievement of actor Vin Diesel. By reaching #9 on Lycos this week, Diesel becomes the highest-ranked actor in the history of our list and the first to ever reach the top ten." Lycos Top 50 Report, 8/20/02.

No actor ever, not Samuel L. Jackson, not John Travolta, not Nicholas Cage, not Denzel Washington, and not Tom Cruise has ever been ranked as highly as Vin Diesel on the Lycos Top 50 search list.

Now, you see why getting nearly two million page views from a quarter of a million people was possible. :)

If I can just get a few more of these right, I'll be set, haha.

I noticed that Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez, and Pamela Anderson are basically always on that top 50 list. I think I should definitely be competing for market share there -- no matter how many other sites are out there, it's too big of a market to leave untapped.

I do, however, have an Avril Livigne domain name that I intend to use, and she is doing amazingly well lately. That could potentially be a great fansite.

Kregain Richtien
Sep 19th, 2002, 08:16:42 AM
Not to mention that Diesel is a good person to, anyone hear about how he saved a family just recently?

JMK
Sep 19th, 2002, 09:14:26 AM
Ok, you're getting me all wrong, or you're so obsessed with this guy that you can't listen to anything buy praise for him.

I like Vin Diesel. I liked TFATF. Boiler Room was ok, and he was good in it. I haven't seen his short film, nor Pitch Black, but I've not heard anything negative about it so I'd probably like that too. And I'm not denying that he didn't work hard to get where he is today. But a large part of his popularity is derived from his image. If I want to make a serious drama with great young actor, I'm going after Ed Norton or Guy Pearce. If I want to make a brash, hard, fast action movie, I will get Vin Diesel or I won't make the movie.