PDA

View Full Version : LQ Thread questions.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 14th, 2002, 05:15:43 PM
I know I'm no authority at GJO, but I am a member and I sense upcoming problems with the latest expolits of the Shrine in the LQ.

Should something be done about it? Like locking/moving the thread and posting an explanation.

Or should nothing be done?

Or even something else other than what I have asked?

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 14th, 2002, 05:20:35 PM
Yeah, I might be Council but I am not an 'official' mod here and can only speak for the group, not move things around :\

Xazor Elessar
Sep 14th, 2002, 05:42:57 PM
I'm a Mod here.....but not for the LQ......only Bar and Grill, and Arcan IV. :\

Personally.....I think it should be moved or locked or whatever.....but I have no say in it as far as I can see......

TheHolo.Net
Sep 14th, 2002, 06:13:17 PM
Well, I'm not technically a mod of GJO, but Soth was way out of line with much of what he said in the thread, so for the time being until GJO administration says otherwise, the thread has been locked and moved here.

It seems to me from the past instance and this one that Soth is just out to try and draw attention to himself and the Shrine as a big bad ass group. This doesn't appear to be about fun like he says, this appears to be him feeding his ego and trying to get attention.

Xazor Elessar
Sep 14th, 2002, 06:14:22 PM
Thank you Mr. Net :)

I agree.......he is taunting us OOC now and that's just wrong. No one had said anything to him like that and then he came back with insults. :\

Figrin D'an
Sep 14th, 2002, 10:58:17 PM
I wish I would have been on earlier to deal with this... sorry, I was out for part of the day and was watching football...

You did the right thing by moving the thread... there are definately some issues that need to be handled...

ALL GJO admins and mods need to review the thread and post discussion here.

IMHO, it's a pretty clear violation of board regulations. The forum is clearly marked Jedi Only, the only exception to the rule being a specific invitation to post by the thread creator. The plot development of the thread was unrealistic... it started out fine, but mass destruction to the Temple or Living Quarters by a group of "vampires" (I have my own issues with that very concept in of itself, but that's another debate entirely) who all suddenly materialize in an area with the highest concentration of the Jedi in the galaxy, not to mention a high number of orbital defense mechanisms... sorry, not gonna happen. Finally, the OOC mudslinging that began was uncalled for...

I don't like to quash anyones fun... honestly, I would have been willing to let the "Jedi Only" violation go as long as the simple RP rules of fairplay were observed... however, the plot degenerated from a small, intimate event between a few people to a unashamed, god-moded attempt at mass destruction. That isn't going to fly, and Soth should have known better...

My two cents...

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 15th, 2002, 03:10:54 AM
Oh God not again. That's twice that -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR- has modded a GJO attack.

And mudsligging AGAIN? Damn, I was close to banning him before. He's lucky Iwas not about else I would have done it.

BTW, where are the threads in question?

Edit : Hmmm. Okay, well handled, thank you Mr. SWfans :). I would have given Soth a holiday from here. Honestly, he make me look even tempered and nice.

Morgan Evanar
Sep 20th, 2002, 07:59:05 PM
Mark, I'm about as fed up as you are with Soth's antics. He's a shallow little godmoder and seems to have no respect for anyone else's rules.

I would have been fighting you for the first shot at banning him =p

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 20th, 2002, 10:58:35 PM
If he steps out of line again, be my guest.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 20th, 2002, 11:01:19 PM
I feel kind of guilty that I have helped here at GJO so much lately (twice this week). I do want you folks to know that these are your forums to run, not mine. That is something we agreed on before the move took place and I still believe that completely. I have only tried to help when I felt it absolutely necessary and or I was asked to.

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 20th, 2002, 11:15:18 PM
I feel kind of guilty that I have helped here at GJO so much lately (twice this week). I do want you folks to know that these are your forums to run, not mine. That is something we agreed on before the move took place and I still believe that completely. I have only tried to help when I felt it absolutely necessary and or I was asked to.

The help is very much appreciated, certainly becaue both times I was not online. If you see anything clearly outside of the GJO rule of law and none of us are on, I dont think anyone is going to protest. Hopefully, those times when GJO staff are not about, hopefully will be low.