PDA

View Full Version : You never know what you'll find in the palace halls (open to anyone)

SashaKovalev
Sep 13th, 2002, 11:14:48 AM
It was late at night and Sasha was finally returning to his room in the palace. He'd been out training most of the day, and then had taken the afternoon and evening to go into the nearby city for a few necessary errands.

He was getting back late, for he'd chosen to spend the evening having a drink or two, and investigating. He'd been into the city only once before with Gouyen, and he'd rather liked it. Had wanted to see more of it. And so this evening he had.

As he walked through the halls, he listened to the quiet sounds of the palace. Muffled noises behind some doors, silence behind others. His senses were acute enough now, had been trained enough now that he felt for the presence of others as he walked. He'd been caught unaware too many times. It was a lesson learned to be aware. And so he practiced it wherever he went, for practice, he had learned, eventually made perfect.

He could feel an unfamiliar presence somewhere ahead in the darkness. The candles that usually lit this hallways had flickered out, yet to be replaced. And so he walked in the darkness, cautious, yet curious, of who or what seemed to be lurking.

Inu
Sep 15th, 2002, 11:12:48 AM
Inu-Aku sniffed, then spoke up as an apprentice walked by.

"You people must be blind as bats if you require the Force to guide you down a straight hallway."

Cherice St_Hilare
Sep 15th, 2002, 07:40:54 PM
"You ruined the silence."

A feminine voice spoke from around the corner, which was just inches ahead. A few seconds later a woman stepped out, glancing at the two. Blonde hair, mingled with silver, hung loosely around her soldiers as her blue eyes seemed somewhat bright in the darkness. Her violet skin had lightened considerably over the past year.

"And what might two young boys, such as yourselves, be wandering the halls at this time?"

She had been breathing in the sweet cool air that seeped in from the partially opened window, escaping from her own quarters. There, Aiden slept peacefully, and she didn't wish to disturb him with her insomnia.

SashaKovalev
Sep 16th, 2002, 07:34:35 AM
The first voice was unfamiliar to the young knight, and he paused for a moment. He was human, and no, his eyes could not see in darkness. It was unfortunate, but he was, afterall, only human.

"Better to use the force than be caught unaware of the presence of others." He replied calmly. This was a lesson he had learned in battle, and one that his master had affirmed for him. From that day forward, he had been diligent in his use of this skill. He hadnt needed it to guide him, for the hallway he knew well by now. He'd travelled it many times late at night, or early morning, and it had become second nature.

The next voice, a female voice, was chiding them for ruining the silence.

And she had put emphasis on the fact that he was young.

He eyed her for a moment. He was eighteen. Almost ninenteen, in fact, and he had just been knighted. In his own mind, he was anything but a child, and was often indignant when others insinuated that he was.

"I'm just getting in from the city." He replied. If she'd been a few steps closer, it would have been fairly obvious he'd been in the bars, for alcohol lingered on his breath, and cigarette smoke clung to his cloak.

"And what are you doing out this late when most are sleeping?" He asked in return. His tone was not petulant, but rather nonchalant about the fact that it was so late. He was often out late, at the bars, or walking in the gardens visiting with Shenraun, and no one thus far had questioned it. He wasnt all that concerned that someone now wondered about it.

Inu
Sep 16th, 2002, 09:47:59 AM
"Her brat's fast asleep in her room around the corner. I can hear him snoring, and smell him too. But barely."

He eyed Sasha, wishing the man would walk away.

"Your stink could kill a man."

SashaKovalev
Sep 16th, 2002, 09:56:43 AM
Sasha raised an eyebrow at Inu's comments. This member of the order seemed to lack a certain amount of respect for his bretheren, but Sasha wouldnt be the one to teach him respect. At least, not that he planned.

He didnt take the comment personally. Odin, he knew, hated mammals, and perhaps this was another like Odin. That, and he didnt always smell like a brewery or an ashtray for that matter.

He merely shrugged, an almost sheepish expression on his face.

"Then it seems I carry more weapons than I thought." He retorted in response to the suggestion that the smell of alcohol and cigarettes coming from him could kill a man. His violet eyes sparkled a bit with mishief, and perhaps a bit of challenge.

He'd had a few drinks, which naturally made him a bit more relaxed. But like any sith, he had a quick temper and wouldnt take abusive remarks too kindly for too long.

Inu
Sep 16th, 2002, 10:02:58 AM
Inu-Aku laughed quietly at Sasha's remark, a low chuckle that was barely perceptible.

"True friend, all too true."

SashaKovalev
Sep 16th, 2002, 11:40:02 AM
It was barely there, but he thought he heard a chuckle come from the voice in the darkness.

His eyes were by now adjusted to the dim light that came in from the windows, and he could see Inu in the dim moonlight.

"I'm Sasha." He volunteered, extending his hand to his fellow Sith in greeting.

"I'm not sure I've caught your name..." He added

Inu
Sep 16th, 2002, 02:07:24 PM
"Feh. My creator dubbed me 'Inu-Aku'. The first man to die by my hands screamed 'Jackel' before he died. These names hold no significance for me; call me what you will."

He glanced as Sasha's hand. He extended a clawed hand and shook it, then put his arms behind his head and turned his gaze to Cherice.

"And do you have a name, hall monitor?"

SashaKovalev
Sep 16th, 2002, 02:13:23 PM
Sasha nodded.

"Then I shall call you brother until you find a name which suits you." He replied as they shook hands.

He couldnt help but laugh at Inu's question to Cherice. She did look every bit the hall monitor as she stood there gazing at them. She had, afterall, referred to them as boys only moments before.

And then, as one would do in the presence of a hall monitor, his expression became a bit subdued, feining innocence as best was possible.

Cherice St_Hilare
Sep 16th, 2002, 03:48:49 PM
A cold smirk curled on her red lips as she leaned against the wall. Sasha seemed to take slight offense when she said 'boys', but it was only jesting. She watched as introductories took place, and only laughed lightly when referred to as "the hall monitor".

"I go by the name of Cherice."

The Succubi had ignored the rather rude comment about Aiden, for perhaps the young recruit still needed to be 'taught the ropes' around the Order. She locked her blue eyes onto Sasha's violet ones.

"Congratulations on your promotion."

Nodding slightly as if to confirm the sincerity of her words, Cherice crossed her arms and then sent a mental message to him - to answer his earlier question.

"Haven't slept for over a year - lost interest."

SashaKovalev
Sep 16th, 2002, 04:44:54 PM
As Cherice's eyes met his, he felt them lock, and for a moment he couldnt loo away from her blue orbs.

"Thank you." He replied, his voice somewhat lost for the moment as was indicated by his somewhat absent, perhaps mezmerized tone of voice.

'Thank you." He replied, his eyes still staring at her for a moment before he looked away, briefly.

"You as well." He added, a slight smile coming to his features in the moonlight.

Her words, spoken in his mind of losing all interest in sleep both intrigued, and to a certain degree, worried him.

His eyes seemed to search for a moment.

Why? He asked in her mind.

If you dont mind my inquiry.... He added.

Cherice St_Hilare
Sep 16th, 2002, 05:22:29 PM
"After being jailed for something you didn't intend to do, you learn that sleep is just an illusion -- and you're safer awake."

She wondered if these words held any depth to Sasha, for it seemed like nobody knew what it was like to be locked up for a year ... without food, light, or the voice of another person. Especially the fact that she carried the other half of Xazor's soul.

"Thank you, as well."

SashaKovalev
Sep 16th, 2002, 06:15:02 PM
He felt the hair on his arms rise just a bit. Her voice was haunted as she spoke in his mind. His eyes searched hers, before he looked away. He felt a bit guilty carrying on a private conversation in the presence of another, although, it was spoken in the mind, and Inu would never know of it. He wanted to speak with her, with Cherice another time, for her words intrigued him, haunted him, even, and something pulled him to her.

Does it stay with you this long? He asked.

I would think a lack of sleep is a prison in itself. He added, thinking of how miserable it was to be exhausted.

Inu
Sep 16th, 2002, 08:52:38 PM
The two fell silent, and Inu-Aku got the feeling that something was going on. Nothing he could do, lacking Force control.

"I hope you're enjoying your staring contest."

SashaKovalev
Sep 17th, 2002, 07:28:45 AM
I hope you're enjoying your staring contest

Sasha turned back to Inu.

"She would win in a staring contest, I'm afraid." He admitted, casting a quick glance back at the newly promoted knight before looking back to Inu. His violet eyes stared in the dim light towards Inu.

"You must be a new apprentice here..." He stated. "Where do you come from?" He asked. It was a conversational tone, not one of interrogation.

Inu
Sep 17th, 2002, 12:11:56 PM
"You're right. I am new. I'm from Thyferra originally, but then was...shall we say moved, to a hidden facility on another planet, that I do not know the name of. I came from there, seeking the assistance of the Sith.

SashaKovalev
Sep 17th, 2002, 12:45:02 PM
Sasha tilted his head slightly, a curious expression crossing his features.

He wasnt sure what to make of a hidden facility, but since Inu had brought it up, he figured it was free game to ask more.

"Have you found the assistance you were looking for?" He asked. He was by no means a master of the dark side, and had far to go still in his training, but he was comfrotable here, and there were things he knew well enough now to be able to teach, or tell to another - to help if it was needed. And if Inu was now his brother in the order, he would give what was asked of him.

Inu
Sep 18th, 2002, 10:14:07 AM
"I have a master...he has yet to approach me with training."

SashaKovalev
Sep 18th, 2002, 11:41:18 AM
Sasha nodded. He knew what it was like to have a master, yet be waiting on training. When he had first arrived it had been this way, and his frustrations had grown and grown - to the point that he had taken it upon himself to seek out knowledge in any sort of way. This determinationhad led him to dangerous grounds, and eventually, Lady Vader had spoken with his former master, Lord Dyzm, and taken on his training herself.

She kept a close eye on him, and under her teachings, he had grown considerably.

"Who is your master?" He asked, curiousity getting the best of him.

Inu
Sep 18th, 2002, 05:02:50 PM
"I have not met him. I can't tell you."

Cherice St_Hilare
Sep 18th, 2002, 05:38:38 PM
She had to smile when Inu made his comment about the "staring contest."

"You get used to it," she added into Sasha's head before canting her head to the side, eyeing Inu.

"Interesting," Cherice said, drawing the the last part out slightly.

"Are you eager to begin your training, or do you still wish to get 'accustomed' to your new surroundings?"

Inu
Sep 18th, 2002, 05:41:55 PM
"Whatever happens. Training would be good. I cannot succeed without training."

SashaKovalev
Sep 19th, 2002, 06:29:02 AM
You get used to it He tilted his head slightly at this, his gaze moving to the ground for a moment.

And for you that is the best way? Perhaps we might talk later.... He questioned.

He barely knew Cherice, but as they had both now been knighted together, and made more aware of the presence of the other, he wanted to get to know her better.

As Inu spoke about wanting training, Sasha leaned back against the wall, arms crossed over his chest in a relaxed stance.

"Do you know anything of the force?" He questioned. This was not asked haughtily, by one who thought he knew it al, but rather as one who could remember all too wel what it was like to be an apprentice waiting for training.

Inu
Sep 19th, 2002, 12:55:22 PM
"I know nothing of it, except the cliche textbook quote 'it surrounds and binds the galaxy'...I'm not sure I'm Force sensitive yet, but we'll soon find out, won't we?"

SashaKovalev
Sep 19th, 2002, 01:11:04 PM
Sasha nodded.

"You have much to learn then." He replied, thinking of how far he had come,and how very very far he had yet to go.

"If you have any questions while you wait for your master, feel free to drop by my room or whatever. Its at the end of the hall..." He explained, and then glanced towards Cherice before looking back at Inu.

"I think most of us are willing to help out with whatever we can...." He offered.

Inu
Sep 20th, 2002, 11:35:09 AM
"Thanks, I guess."

SashaKovalev
Sep 20th, 2002, 02:26:09 PM
Sasha raised an eyebrow and stared at Inu for a moment. He was relatively even tempered for a Sith and most things he knew not to take personally.

But he didnt like feeling as if he was being disrespected by anyone, and that was how Inu's comment had made him feel.

He bristled slightly, as anger fueled the dark side as it ran through his veins.

"Unless you know for sure, you might be better off keeping your mouth shut." He retorted.

Inu
Sep 20th, 2002, 02:49:32 PM
"I can see I have offended you. You'll have to forgive me, I'm unaccustomed to working with others."

He looked away, trying to think of something else to say to alleviate the situation. He could think of nothing.

SashaKovalev
Sep 20th, 2002, 02:59:37 PM
Sasha's eyes flickered to the floor momentarily, and then he looked back to Inu.

"Dont worry about it." He replied. If it was truly a misunderstanding, he wasnt going to let it bother him. His preference was to be at peace with his brothers and sisters within the order.

"Why dont you drop by tomorrow sometime and I can show you a few exercises I worked on before I had a master..." He suggested in an effort to show he wasnt going to hold a grudge.

Inu
Sep 20th, 2002, 09:58:36 PM
He bit his tongue, not trusting himself to speak. The last thing he needed was to be thrown out. He nodded instead, almost absently.

Cherice St_Hilare
Sep 20th, 2002, 10:32:22 PM
"Yes, we just might ..."

She saw the irritation rise in Sasha after Inu replied with a, Thanks, I guess. Not like she couldn't blame him.

"If you're not used to working with others, then I suggest you get accustomed to it .. and fast."

Yes, she was willing to help Inu with whatever he needed, for he, too, was a member of this Order, but he needed to learn more respect. And manners.

"But I'm sure you're a fast learner ..."

Inu
Sep 20th, 2002, 10:34:59 PM
"Learning something and practicing what you learn are two different matters entirely. Perhaps after one of your famed 'Training Missions' I will have mastered this skill of teamwork."

Cherice St_Hilare
Sep 20th, 2002, 10:40:12 PM
"And perhaps a beating-down in the Training Grounds would do you a bit of good, hm? The other Apprentices are not as liberal with their tongue as you, but they are with their sabres."

She had detected a hint of sarcasm in his voice and it now it was her turn to be irritated.

Inu
Sep 20th, 2002, 10:41:59 PM
Inu-Aku sighed and leaned his head back on the wall. Maybe the first thing his master should teach him should be social skills...

Dea Potentia
Sep 22nd, 2002, 09:52:27 PM
*came upon the group as she was skipping silently through the hallways at odd hours of the night... she couldn't sleep... to much energy :rollin * good morning... up a wee bit earlier then usual are we? :D

Inu
Sep 22nd, 2002, 10:01:37 PM
"You're one to talk!" Inu-Aku spat. Screw the family thing, this was getting on his nerves. "Prancing around like a fool! What manner of Sith are you?"

Dea Potentia
Sep 22nd, 2002, 10:17:47 PM
*frowns... he didn't like her! stops skipping and stands still pouty facing at him with her arms folded* A no longer happy one that's what! *skrunchy eyebrows* Do you have something against happy people? *sniffle* It's not very nice to talk to people like that! *sniffle* you just might hurt someones feelings!! *sniffle, sniffle*

Inu
Sep 22nd, 2002, 10:19:35 PM
Now she was going to cry apparently. Good.

"And if that be the point...?" he growled. A malicious smile spread across his face. He felt like giving someone hell right now. Why not this girl?

Dea Potentia
Sep 22nd, 2002, 10:39:44 PM
*Shakes head saddly* tis a stupid thing to judge people so quickly and decide to become their enemy... You do indeed have great need to be taught a lesson.

Inu
Sep 22nd, 2002, 10:41:44 PM
"And I suppose you will be the one to teach it?" he said mockingly.

He rose with a smirk on his face.

"I challenge you to a spar in the training grounds. Tomorrow. Defeat me and you'll earn the respect this order demands I show you!"

He turned and walked away down the hall.

Dea Potentia
Sep 22nd, 2002, 10:46:36 PM
eeeeeps!!! no!! I didn't mean that... I don't like to fight!!

Inu
Sep 22nd, 2002, 10:50:47 PM
It was far too late. He was gone, probably out to the training grounds to spend the night in one of the trees and wait for her arrival in the morning.

Dea Potentia
Sep 22nd, 2002, 10:55:10 PM
*glares down the hallway that he had dissapeared down* Baka! I will eat your toasty soul!! *laughs and skips back to her room*

Cherice St_Hilare
Sep 23rd, 2002, 11:30:49 AM
"Uhm .."

Cherice wasn't really paying to what had just happened, being that her mind had begun to wander off. But she had been able to catch the last of the exchange of words and quirked an eyebrow as the other two left.

"Well, Sasha, guess it's just you and me now."

SashaKovalev
Sep 23rd, 2002, 11:45:06 AM
The most recent few exchanges had been rather interesting. He'd felt the irritation in Cherice. He wasnt one for pulling rank, but it seemed it would have to happen on occasion. If the new apprentices were not going to show respect that was due, it would be up to these knights to demand it, and the apprentices would pay the price for their insolence.

Sasha had known when he had come to the order where his place was. He knew still, where his place was. And while he did believe there was respect due where respect was earned, he knew that within the order, there was a pecking line to be adhered to.

Dea's arrival only made the situation slightly more amusing. She, he knew, was quite sensitive. She wasnt at all a typical Sith, and he had upset her on more than one occasion. But never had he purposefully insulted her as Inu had.

When the two of them left, he nearly breathed a sigh of relief, and looked to Cherice, shaking his head.

"Hardly something I'd complain about.' He replied in reference to the two of them being left to themselves.

"Are you going to be up for a while?" He asked.

Cherice St_Hilare
Sep 24th, 2002, 08:32:52 AM
"Yes, like any other night," she replied, stretching out her arms. It was an interesting ... conversation ... that happened between the two Apprentices.

"I take it you will be, too ?"

SashaKovalev
Sep 24th, 2002, 08:50:23 AM
He nodded.

"I could be if you'd like some company." He replied. He had no plans for the next day, and he was quite used to being up late at night.

"You feel like going for a walk in the gardens?" He suggested.

Cherice St_Hilare
Sep 24th, 2002, 06:42:58 PM
"But I thought we weren't allowed to walk the gardens at night .. The dragon, remember ?"

She grinned ruefully and sighed slightly. If he went to bed now, she couldn't blame him. It did get boring staying up late every night, and he was young .. Usually humans his age preferred sleep over anything else - besides food and drink, that is.

SashaKovalev
Sep 24th, 2002, 07:01:16 PM
Sasha smiled.

"Normally, no, I wouldnt suggest walking the gradens at night. Lady Vader warned me about Shenraun. And I wouldnt walk there without his permission."

His smile turned into a full grin.

"And as I've got his permission, Im pretty sure we'll be more than safe." He added.

He had developed a relationship with the dragon of the gardens, and Shenraun had given him permission to be in the gardens at night. He didnt think the dragon would mind him bringing a friend, a sister in the order, this one evening. If had thought it would bother him, he wouldnt have suggested it. His respect for Shenraun ran too deep to risk such a thing.

"Unless you can wander far....?" He asked. He hadnt known Cherice had a child, but Inu's rather rude comment about her 'brat' had made him wonder.

Cherice St_Hilare
Sep 24th, 2002, 07:38:10 PM
"Interesting," she said. She had only gone off into the gardens a few exceptional times - one of them with Jehova for her training. She had to admit, it would be rather nice to go for a stroll at this time of night.

"Well, to tell the truth, I wouldn't really mind going for a walk ... Especially since you've got 'permission'."

Cherice noticed the slightly inquisitive look on his face, and couldn't help but automatically read his subconscious thoughts. She didn't really mean to, it just happened.

"Aiden ? Oh, I'm not his maternal mother, he's ... adopted. And I can assure you he sleeps quite fine during night."

SashaKovalev
Sep 24th, 2002, 07:46:13 PM
Sasha nodded. He hadnt hidden his thoughts, and he had feltthe gentle pressing for answers. It was interesting, having enough experience now to know these things. He almost smiled at it.

"To the gardens, then." He suggested.

And then they began to head down the hallway.

"Aiden is his name...?" He pondered for a moment.

"How did you come to be his adopted mother, if you dont mind the personal question...?" He asked.

Being the only child of a single mother, the fact that she was taking on such responsbility intrigued him.

Cherice St_Hilare
Sep 24th, 2002, 08:05:09 PM
"He was .. lonely. And I couldn't bear to see him fall into the hands of that Padawan, Wei ... His beauty would be ruined."

Not to mention the boy's fraility was a type of innocence all in its own.

"Do you think I'm corrupting the Sith teachings by doing this ?"

The Jedi certainly seemed to think so, but it was probably their bitterness for the fact that something so pure escaped from their grasp.

She couldn't help but adore the boy.

The two still hadn't reached the end of the hallway.

SashaKovalev
Sep 25th, 2002, 09:44:18 AM
Sasha smiled faintly.

"I dont know the padawan you speak of, but as far as Im concerned, any opportunity to make one less jedi, is a good one."

He considered her question. Did he think she was corrupting the Sith teachings by showing compassion for a child?

He shook his head.

"No, I dont believe you're corrupting the teachings. Just because we allow our anger to rule us, does not mean we are incapable of caring for someone."

"The jedi ," The word jedi was made to sound as if he were disgusted even mentioning them, "seem to equate the use of the darkside for strength and for power to mean we are devoid of emotions."

"Its foolish logic, really." He added. True, some sith were unfeeling. But that wasnt because they were sith, it was because that was just the way that they were. The lust for power, the fact that they allowed the darkside to run through their veins to attain what they wanted, did not mean the sith were incapable of loving, of caring, or of raising children.

"So how long had Aiden been with you? How old is he?" He asked.

Cherice St_Hilare
Sep 26th, 2002, 05:56:22 PM
"He's five years old, and I've had him for about a month now .. He's a dear, really."

She had given him a teddy bear which he aptly named Eugene, and it never seemed to disappear from his clutches. He also brushed his teeth without being told.

"Maybe you would like to meet him someday."

They had finally reached the end of the hall and turned at the corner, heading down towards the end of this one. There were stairs at the end of this one, which led down to the next floor and then outside.

SashaKovalev
Sep 26th, 2002, 06:33:58 PM
As they approached the stairs, Sasha went first. His mother had not taught him anything of sword play or blaster skills, but if she had taught him anything at all, it was manners. He knew to open doors, offer an arm, to go first going down stairs, and follow going up. There were so many rules, he'd thought as a child, but now it was second nature.

"Five huh?" He repeated, a grin on his face. At five he had been a terorr, and he well knew it.

He chuckled.

"Give him a few months with you, and all that stuff about him being a dear will be long lost memories..." He teased good naturedly. Five year old boys were dears for...a few moments a day, at the most.

As they hit the first landing and headed down the second set, he turned back to her and nodded.

"I would like to meet him." He replied. He'd never had siblings, but he'd always had fun with his friends younger brothers and sisters. He didnt doubt he would like Aiden.

"Has it been difficult?" He asked. "Taking him in on your own like that?"

Cherice St_Hilare
Sep 26th, 2002, 07:32:09 PM
"Well, only you would know about that," she said while following him down the stairs. It was just a bit of humor exchanged between the two, and then they finally reached the second set. Has it been difficult? Taking him in on your own like that? He asked.

"Not really ... I try to please him with bedtime stories and play, not to mention the meals he gets are .. well, decent. He seems to like it here."

Which was good. If he didn't like it, Cherice wouldn't have known what to do. Perhaps it was the way she had re-arranged her living quarters to her own refined tastes that he liked so much. Or the attention.

SashaKovalev
Sep 27th, 2002, 09:17:32 AM
Sasha nodded. He could see how a kid would like it here. There were so many places to explore - and kids never thought much about danger - they just dove in, making up their own fantasy worlds to amuse themselves.

For a moment, he remembered being younger. It was at about that point in his life that he'd asked his mother why he didnt have a father like all the other kids did. He still didnt have the answer.

"Hey...if you ever need someone to watch him...." He paused, realizing the magnitude of his offer, and the effect it would possibly have on him - seeing a kid without a family.

He shrugged.

"My mom raised me on her own. Im sure she would have liked a break every now and then..." He explained.

Cherice St_Hilare
Sep 27th, 2002, 11:43:05 AM
The proposal caught her off guard.

"....."

At first she didn't know what to say, and realized what it was like to be at loss of words. Not a very pleasant thought, at the least.

It would be nice for Aiden, to have a 'young man' around to look up to. Sasha could tell him things that Cherice couldn't, and be almost like a father figure. A new role model.

"Of course, thanks for the offer.."

The two had now reached the end of the stairs and stepped onto the next level, where the 'exit' doors were just a little ways from now.

SashaKovalev
Sep 30th, 2002, 11:27:40 AM
He knew, by the moment's pause that she gave it, that she'd been caught off guard. Almost as much as he had caught himself off guard in making the offer. He'd grown up so much over the past year, leaving behind the immaturity that most eighteen year olds get to enjoy in place of a bright future with an order to which he was very devoted. Family had taken on a new meaning living here, and he was beginning to understand the responsibilities that came with having others to protect.

"So what do you think about Inu's challenge to Dea?" He asked, changing the subject. As they came to the heavy exit doors, he pushed them open, holding them for Cherice.

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 1st, 2002, 06:40:26 PM
Finally, a change of subject. Slipping past the open door, she waited for Sasha until he joined her side and then began to walk.

"Seems like the two haven't hit off," she said with a slight chuckle. "Although they both acted very naive, I bet the 'little spar' will be interesting to watch."

What she didn't add was that she had no time to watch such things.

SashaKovalev
Oct 2nd, 2002, 12:37:54 PM
He laughed along with her as they began the walk into the gardens.

But then his expression turned serious.

"Im not sure what to think about...Inu." He added.

"Im definitely going to drop by and watch their spar if it happens..." He let his thoughts on Inu hang there for a moment.

"Had you encountered him before?" He asked, recalling Inu's comment about 'the brat'.

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 2nd, 2002, 07:23:53 PM
She frowned slightly and shook her head.

"No, but I can't say it's like I missed out on something great. That boy has got a sharp tongue that needs to be curbed."

And she wouldn't mind being the one who disciplined him. Inu-Aku was one Apprentice that the Order would have to keep a close eye on with that attitude of his. Yes, one day he would learn what the word "respect" meant and how it applied to him.

SashaKovalev
Oct 3rd, 2002, 01:20:40 PM
Sasha nodded in agreement. Inu, from what he had seen this evening could be in for quite a bit of trouble.

This made him more determined to witness this challenge with Dea later that day. He did not have a good feeling about it.

As they walked through the gardens, Sasha looked around. He loved being in the garden at night with the moonlight. It gave the garden a sort of mystical glow to it.

"So where are you from, anyway...?" He didnt know much about her, and he realized as they walked, these were things he did want to know.

Cherice St_Hilare
Oct 3rd, 2002, 05:58:36 PM
Jehova, her Master, had tended to the garden to make the dying plants alive once more, filling it with beauty once more. She inhaled the lovely scent of blooming flowers before turning her blue eyes onto Sasha.

"I was born on the planet Ayortha, in the continent called 'Jenim'," she said, shrugging.

"You've probably never heard of it before."