PDA

View Full Version : A thought

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 12th, 2002, 12:54:46 PM
This is something the school priest told us at the chapel service earlier on in the week, which I thought was interesting:

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness ...you are more blessed than the million who will not survive this week.

If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation...you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.

If you can attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death ... you are more blessed than three billion people in the world.

If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep ... you are richer than 75% of this world

If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace ... you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.

Kelt Simoson
Sep 12th, 2002, 12:57:08 PM
Very true...makes you wonder how lucky some of are i guess...

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 12th, 2002, 01:06:51 PM
(Knows that all too well. One of the best lessons I learned in life.)

imported_Callista
Sep 12th, 2002, 01:54:39 PM
Wow...I like that.

Makes ya ponder... Here I'm thinking I don't have what others have....yet I have all that listed and more. Heh... How selfish...

Inu
Sep 12th, 2002, 01:58:05 PM
People tend to compare to those that have more. We think we've got it bad compared to some, but looking at this, we're all pretty well off.

Kyle Krogen
Sep 12th, 2002, 02:49:16 PM
HA HA HA HA :rollin

Very funny:rollin

imported_Natia Telcontar
Sep 12th, 2002, 02:51:34 PM
We do have it better then alot of ppl, but you just look in the upper class part of town and they have it better yet so why can't they just share there wealth with those that have none so they can get food in there stomach, a roof over there head, and medicine for there illness. I would do that if I had the money.

I have no money in my pocket and have no money laying around. I can barely afford my rent and bills, let alone food unless I mooch off of other ppl. My internet is not even my own so I have to use my parents or my bfs parents. But yet, compared to alot of other ppl, I'm living in the lap of paradise but I wish I could help them.

Admiral Lebron
Sep 12th, 2002, 02:56:48 PM
If the rich people gave to the poor, then who'd be rich?

Kyle Krogen
Sep 12th, 2002, 03:01:31 PM
I dont know

Maybe no one will be rich

Admiral Lebron
Sep 12th, 2002, 03:17:04 PM
Thats bad.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 12th, 2002, 03:25:44 PM
Well, what can I say to that?

(Decides to say nothing and avoid sounding stupid)

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Sep 12th, 2002, 03:27:18 PM
good idea, Wei...I mean uh.... >D

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 12th, 2002, 03:27:39 PM
Charity forced is worthless. Real charity comes from the heart, not out of duty. Far as I'm concerned, if you are moved out of a desire to look good or because you have to, keep your money. Always give because you want to give, not for your reasons, but out of true generosity.

If the upper class dont want to give, that's their problem. The real question is not what they will do, but what will you do? Never say "Oh, if only someone else will....." cause if everyone says that, who will?

One of the best comments I ever saw on this was a person praying to God, saying "God, there is so much poverty and misery, what are YOU doing about it?"

The answer was "I put you on the Earth.... what are YOU doing about it?"

When you think about it, it's rather a good point. Never ask who else will do something, ask yourself what are you doing first.

Sometimes I really dont like the answer to that one.

imported_Callista
Sep 12th, 2002, 04:25:30 PM
Very well said, Marcus. :)

Sanis Prent
Sep 12th, 2002, 04:29:10 PM
I always overtip at restaurants, because I know what its like to not have a lot of money, and for every 1 person who tips like I do, there are 10 who undertip.

Its not charity, but its something I can afford to give.