PDA

View Full Version : Terminator Projectile

imported_STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
Sep 11th, 2002, 11:08:08 PM
Lash Designs .Terminator Projectile.

This large bore projectile is made for maximum punch with one impact. I have in depth design notes on this but they are classified as of this time.

summery.

A 52 cm Projectile. It has a built in computer to control all weapons systems which is housed in the rear of the projectile.A large explosive section in the middle . The nose is solid Trimantium. A nose sensor protrudes from the from to begin all systems on impact. and several plasma spheres .

Basically it is hurled from a Terminator Velocity Cannon using magnetic force at very high speeds.(much like a guass cannon or a rail gun.) the sensor protrusion hit the Shields of a vessel and eats away at them while the projectile itself over powers the shield. the mass and velocity are extraordinarily high upon impact.
after the plasma spheres are ejected the projectile strikes the armor more or less punching a whole in it to open the interior of the vessel to space. then once inside the explosive section erupts causing internal damage.

I have design note and a 3ds design . If anyone has comments or questions i would be more then happy to listen . thanx

Sep 21st, 2002, 10:44:00 PM
Research has completed on the Terminator Projectile. Research will begin on the Terminator Cannon at once.

Khendon Sevon
Sep 22nd, 2002, 07:06:31 AM
lol... have you read the mass cannon research?

http://swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18001

Sep 22nd, 2002, 10:24:43 AM
just did. And they are too similar. So I will replace the plasma with Bio-plasmatic Gel (see note) Other than that they are different weapons . Mine is a large bore cannon which uses magnets to expel a projectile at high speeds. Yours uses magnetic energy to hold exterior plasma in place until impact. Mine has no ALF device onboard. it uses sheer power to overpower shields. hit impacts with an extreme amount of force produced by the mass of the projectile and the velocity . (for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.) Shields work well against everything. but they too have there breaking points. ray shielding used against energy weapons provide no protection against either weapon. for other shielding you have the ALF technology. Thats cool I didn't use ALF . It isn't my tech.
I designed this weapon to act much like Battleship main guns . the are big. more or less impractical because of the rate of fire. But man the damage they do. A 1360 Kg projectile traveling at
10,000,000 M/s. Originally i wanted to make velocity closer to the speed of light(299,792,458 M/s). After all this is what scientists today are trying to achieve with rail guns. but after doing the math it was way to powerful. It would take armor plating of 33441.5 decimeters to withstand the force of the projectile at 1/3 of light speed(100,000,000). So i took it down .
it is still powerful enough to punch a hole in any armor and over power Shields in a couple shots. Lets take this into consideration. torpedoes are on a nuclear bomb scale. (100 Megatons) A vessel shields are is capable of withstanding gigatons of damage. Turblolasers use concentrated heat to inflict damage. the power of turbo lasers is comparable to nuclear blasts also (in the mid 100's Tj.No exact number to date just speculative theory.) So this being said. the damage of weaponry in the star wars universe is mind numbing. i have chopped alot of numbers the past month . it has a low rate of fire ,because the energy used to repeal the projectile. It is big, The muzzle is over 30 meters long and the radius of a twin cannon is over 50 meters. the capacitors needed are in themselves 10 meters in diameter and 20 meters tall. Each twin cannon having 3 of these. I have a vessel designed with these on it. it is a 2.5 km vessel which has only 6 turrets. more then that would take too much power. as it stands it take 2.36 minutes for the capacitors to charge. rte of fire can be increased but at the cost of power to other weapons like turbo lasers and defensive batteries. also shields and propulsion. get with me when your online next and we will wrok all this out.

Bio-plasmatic Gel
developed by the scientists of the Qektoth Confederacy, this substance is a highly corrosive acid blended with a sticky gel. When launched in torpedo casings or terminator projectile spheres against a starship, the casings explodes and sprays the gel all over the target's hull. The gel sticks to the hull, which the acidic corrosive begins to eat through the metal plating. Unless removed, the gel eventually eats through the hull and breaches the ship. The gel losses strength over a short period of time, and can be burned off the hull during passage through an atmosphere.

Khendon Sevon
Sep 22nd, 2002, 02:05:52 PM
:) you've been doing your homework