PDA

View Full Version : vengeance turbo lasers

imported_STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
Sep 11th, 2002, 10:42:01 PM
Lash Designs. Vengeance Turbo Lasers

a pulse turbo laser.

general summery.

This new turbo laser design uses a rapid cycling ,high energy pulse to generate multiple beams. It creates an effect much like a machine gun. This new technology allows Turbo Lasers to be more accurate ,and more powerful . There are draw backs but these are classified as of this time. I have gone into detail in the design of these weapons but this too is classified.

Any questions anyone may have I will be glad to answer.

Remnant Forces
Sep 14th, 2002, 08:29:37 AM
Overheating and weak power must be an incrediable draw back.

Sep 14th, 2002, 05:05:19 PM
power isnt a problem really . the pulse keeps the Caps. from dischargeing as fast as normal turbo lasers therfore allowing for more power if anything. and yes heat is a problem but i have that worked out . ill give more info on how i did this when the research is finished on it. there is another drawback too . it will be posted then as well. If you got any questions just ask im sure i can let you in before i post ooc in pms thanks .

Sep 14th, 2002, 10:55:07 PM
Since the heat issue has come up i will put it to rest. In turbo laser and all heavy heat producing weapons the use of Hyperbaride is very important. Hyperbaride is An artificial material that can withstand high heat ,flux densities, and radiation levels without damage.I simply increased the Hyperbaride 30 % in the bore of the Laser. A heavy turbo laser is a standard 38 cm bore and turbo lasers are 19 cm bore. I simply increased the outer diameter. The inner bore remains the same .This allows it to run hotter. Now as far as power. the pulsating beam has more power because it is longer and applies heat for a longer period of time. but power is not the idea behind this design . The improved accuracy is, the beam is able to pan more or less. since it is a pulse and not one long stream the gunner can correct the angle / direction of fire. the Power difference is not enough (about 3 % )to make a difference. This is just a more accurate turbo laser. I guess since i did all this ill finish it , the other draw back is a higher risk or self damage. The Caps. have to work harder. I could use bigger caps but the risk of this is not great enough to have to do all that. simple monitoring by the gun crew will correct this.

Oct 21st, 2002, 04:01:40 PM
Research complete.