PDA

View Full Version : "I need a favor..." (Sanis, closed)

imported_Akrabbim
Sep 11th, 2002, 03:23:02 PM
Akrabbim enters the bar, seaching out a shifty individual by the name of Sanis Prent. Normally, he wouldn't deal with the man, but these were desparate times. He only hopes he can find the rogue in time, for time is a commodity of which he has precious little.

Sanis Prent
Sep 11th, 2002, 05:31:21 PM
(I'm not set in my ways. Its the first way to get killed in the game of business. Somebody who wrote a book called it market myopia...that syndrome that keeps those who play the game from adapting when the rules change. Saying that, I'm not for everybody. There comes a time to be realistic. The types of people who hire me are riding the slow train to heaven when it starts going up...or they're gonna miss the bus entirely. As much as I'd like to be a hero, I much prefer to be a pragmatist.

And its reasons like that which make situations like this all the more interesting.

Akrabbim Melchizan was the kind of man with a righteous streak rammed through his spine like a lightning rod. The living embodiment of the phrase "moral high ground". It had made our association precarious. More to say, he'd tried to take me down at our every encounter. There's truth to the saying that good business is high risk. The difference in Akrabbim and someone like Sorsha Kasajian was almost entirely polar. Black and White were alot more alike than either wanted to admit, and both were worlds away from grey. If you asked me why I came...I couldn't tell you.)

Well well well....

(I approached the table carefully)

...I didn't exactly expect to be seeing you here.

imported_Akrabbim
Sep 11th, 2002, 09:44:13 PM
Akrabbim nods at the man.

Nor I you, Mr. Prent. But I'm glad you did.

Akrabbim pauses, lost in thought. The man was a criminal, no doubt about it. Doing the right thing would seemly always fall to the wayside whenever money was concerned. But he had saved a young Jedi from being shot, and had piloted his ship into the darkest fortress the Dark Side could muster. Perhaps there were same redeeming qualities in him after all. After several moments, he continues.

I may not have been entirely correct about you, Mr. Prent. You're a mercenary, of that there's no doubt. But you also seem to have some moral footing, contrary to my earlier beliefs. For that reason, and for the fact that I and my fellow Jedi are in dire straits... I would like to hire you.

He passes a holopad to Sanis, detailing the job and the payment to be rendered.

This will be dangerous, and I can't promise you that you won't come out of this unscathed. But I will promise to do everything I possibly can to protect you. What do you say?

Sanis Prent
Sep 11th, 2002, 09:59:55 PM
(I was objective. In my work, I have to be. The job was insane, and a death wish. And the pay wasn't that good either. Only one of the three things in that equation were unacceptable though.)

Double it.

imported_Akrabbim
Sep 11th, 2002, 11:09:58 PM
Akrabbim ponders for a moment.

Agreed. Under one condition. You are to leave with me now. We will go to wherever you keep your supplies. You have 20 minutes to load up. Then we leave, no questions asked. You will not leave any information behind. Should you not return from this mission, one of my friends will notify anyone you wish. Take solice in the fact that I will allow myself to die before I let you die.

Are we in agreement?

Sanis Prent
Sep 11th, 2002, 11:23:29 PM
(Not even a flinch. I wondered if he was just that good at poker, or if I could have held out for more. I was suprised to get that much. All in all, it was a good deal under any circumstance.)

Alright. Done.

(I paused)

Does Navaria know?

imported_Akrabbim
Sep 12th, 2002, 04:24:11 PM
No. Nor shall she. My requirements stand. Last chance to leave. Otherwise, we go, you stock up, and we head out.

Sanis Prent
Sep 12th, 2002, 05:04:31 PM
(I paused for several mor seconds)

Alright then. Lets do it.

(I rose from my seat, and head out to the Layla, to gear up)

imported_Akrabbim
Sep 12th, 2002, 06:36:02 PM
Akrabbim stands and follows closely behind.