PDA

View Full Version : In need of a weaponsmith (Tevit and Anauri)

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 11th, 2002, 09:15:44 AM
Wei sat down in a booth near the entrance to the Bar and Grill and waited. Wei had just recently constructed his own lightsaber, and during that time had thought of some Iron War fans that his Grandfather used to have. They gave him an idea.

"I hope Tevit and Anauri can help." Wei remembered one of them had helped him with his communicator, and hoped he would help again.

Sejah Haversh
Sep 11th, 2002, 01:51:42 PM
OOC- Wei, Tevit and Anauri are just mechanics,a nd Anauri is a technician. Unfortunately, neither of them are really skilled machinists, or bladesmiths, for that matter. I think Sejah will be able to help you more then they will. But if not, he does know how to get in touch with them.

---

Why couldn't they have vending machines with Nehi in them? It seemed every time he wanted his favorite grape soda, Sejah always had to go to the B&G. Not that he really minded, though, it was a fun place to hang out. Leaving his lightsaber at the door, the mongoose waved to the bartender, who already knew what Sejah would order, and got him a bottle as he approached the bar.

"Thanks, pal, put it on my tab, will you?" the Nehantite said as he took the bottle and then turned to see if he could find a place to sit. Unfortunately, the establishment was crowded, as usual, and he didn't want to ask a stranger if he could share a table, so he began to look for those he knew. Near the door, he spotted Wei, and decided to see if he could crash his table.

"Hello, Wei, how's it going?" the brown mongoose asked, "Mind if I take the other seat, here? Rather crowded and all."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 11th, 2002, 02:33:38 PM
Wei smiled. "Not at all. Have you seen Tevit and Anauri? I read somewhere that they could fix, or build anything. I was hoping they could help. Or maybe you could?"

Wei took a deep breath. "See, my grandpa had these old war fans made out of Iron. I thought that I could make one using lightsaber technology. See, the thing is, it would be deactivated while the fan was closed, but when you open the fan, it activates and you get the deadly light like the cutting part of the saber."

Wei let out his breath and checked out Sejah's reaction. "What do you think?"

Sejah Haversh
Sep 11th, 2002, 03:00:51 PM
Sejah raised an eyebrow in frozen confusion as he was about to take a drink form his bottle of soda. Setting his Nehi down, the mongoose shook his head and smiled, still slightly bewildered.

"Well, I do know how to get in touch with them, but, as far as a saber-fan goes, I'm not even sure if that would work. As far as I knew, buildign oen required a connection to the Force, and I don't think either of them has that. And, I dunno if physics would allow for what you want, but, I can give them a call and find out for you, if you want.."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 11th, 2002, 05:45:35 PM
Wei smiled. "You would? Well, if they can at least tell me what parts go into a lightsaber, I could probably build it on my own. Thanks a lot, Sejah, I appreciate it." Wei shook Sejah's free hand. "You are a good friend."

Sejah Haversh
Sep 17th, 2002, 05:46:17 PM
"No problem. I'll see about getting in touch with them tonight when I go to the Archives. I can use the comm. there," Sejah replied. "I think they live a few days from here, but, I'll find out if they can get here."

After some more small talk, Sejah finished his drink and bid Wei a good afternoon, and headed on over to the Archives. From there, he contacted his kinsman Tevit, and explained to him what he was looking to have done. Tevit wanted to get a few lessons from Sejah in swordsmanship, and Anauro owed Tevit a favor, so, the payment ladder would work out well enough. When Anauri took teh comm, he took down a list of notes and asked several questions, which Sejah was able to answer. Re told him it would take a few days for him to come up with the design, and then machine the parts. Sejah understood, and agreed to give them another call in about four days while he worked on trackign down the necessarry crystals and emitter arrays.

---

Four days later, the body casing and most of the array was complete, and Anauri talked to sejah before setting off for Arcan to complete the device. He had never created a lightsaber type weapon before, but understood the mechanics of it decently enough that he should eb able to do it fairly well.

Three days after departure, he touched down on Arcan, and made his way to the B&G where Sejah and Wei were waiting. Sej saw him first, and waved the older mongoose over to his table, still surprised at how much larger in frame the mechanic was than himself. Anauri probably played Drejball in his younger days.

"Hello, and thank you for comign, Anauri, especially on such short notice." The mongoose padawan greeted him. "This is Wei, I thin k you've met. He's the one who wants the fan."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 17th, 2002, 05:58:42 PM
Wei stood and shook Anauri's hand. "I remember you helped me fix my communicator. Thanks agian for that, and thanks for helping with the war fan, too."

Tevit and Anauri
Sep 17th, 2002, 06:08:08 PM
The mechanic nodded as he nearly crushed Wei's hand in his grip as he shook it. "No problem, kid, anything to get Tevit off my back," he smiled, the bits of gray on his muzzle lifting as he did so.

Taking a seat, he placed a box on the table,a nd his large toolkit on the floor. Opening the box, he witdrew a metal cylinder with a ribbed balck section to it. "Now, this was a bit of a trick to design. I have no idea if it will work or not, because I've never seen a plasma blade attempted to be flattened and stretched before, but, this should be able to do it." he explained as he held it out by a form of flat grip at one end.

With a flick of his wrist, it snapped out into seven sections in a fan shape. Five spines with dispersal and contraction control plates on them jutted out fromt eh center, and two large sections designed to be the emitteres were on the ends. "You'll ahve two blades, see, one on each side. There's another part fo the trick. I hope this thing doesn't melt in your hands, too. You have the crystals, kid?"

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 17th, 2002, 06:10:41 PM
Wei Smiled and untied a small pouch from his belt. "I had just enough left over from when I made my lighsabers."

Wei handed Anauri the pouch with the crystals in it.

Tevit and Anauri
Sep 17th, 2002, 06:14:25 PM
"Green, huh?" Anauri said as he looked them over, "Guess that'll work. Now, you guys want to help me put this together, or, should I jsut retire to my ship to do it after some dinner?" he asked while putting the crystals away again.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 17th, 2002, 06:20:44 PM
Wei spokle up. "I would like to at least watch you do it, in case I have to repair or replace it I can do it myself. That is, if you don;t mind."

Tevit and Anauri
Sep 17th, 2002, 06:23:02 PM
"Oh, no, that's fine," The technician replied while taking off his cap and running a paw through his thinnign headfur before pulling it back on again and rollign otu his shoulders. "Hope you don't mind if it waits until after dinner, though. Three days ona ship makes you want some real food, you know."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 17th, 2002, 06:25:37 PM
Wei smiled. "Not at all. I was just about to eat, myself."

Wei halted a serving droid. "Chicken Lo Mein, please."

Wei looked at Anauri. "Your turn."

Tevit and Anauri
Sep 17th, 2002, 06:36:17 PM
Drumming his fingers on the tabletop, Anauri thougth for a moment before lookign to the droid and saying, "I'll start with a Caesar salad, heavy on the cheese, and some tomatoes, too. For my main course I want a 12 oz. New York Strip steak done medium rare, marinated only on one side, and with pepper on top. Large baked potato center split with butter, light sour cream, fresh chives and some bacon bits. To the side of that an ear od sweet white corn on the cob with no salt, but still with butter. Two slices of sourdough toast and a small container of rasperry jam. And, what's your soup of the day?"

The driod automatically replied, "Broccoli cheese, or Bean and Bacon."

"Hmm, bean and bacon, then, and, a few saltine crackers to the side of it too. And I'll have a pint of your house I.P.A.," he nodded, and then looked to Wei afterward and said plainly, "Um, did I miss anything?"

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 17th, 2002, 06:42:57 PM
Wei thought it over. Anauri's order had been a long one. "No sir, I don;t think you did." Wei chuckled. "But I forgot something."

Wei turned to the droid. "A water, please."