PDA

View Full Version : Reflections : Return of Assasins Inc

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 11th, 2002, 03:01:38 AM
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22503 is required reading.....

--

After their visit to Master Yogurt, Xazor Leo Dawnstrider and Marcus Q'Dunn, the first of the new Lost Jedi set course for the main planet of The Republic, Coruscant. A planet made up on huge city, billions upon untold billions of beings swarmed the byways and lived out their lives in the seat of power of the Republic. Marcus had no love of the place, but their path was leading them there - even if they were estranged from other Jedi, Xazor was still a member of the Jedi Council and Marcus had much to do with them as well. Not easy to walk away from duty and commitments and in fact Marcus had made the point to Xazor - they would not do so. what they were about to do had to, however, be kept from all others. It was not exactly how a Jedi would act.

Fact was, he suspected that if the fact he had been responsible for a wave of Imperial killings a year ago ever became known, he would be expelled from the Order. There was no chance of that, but still, it was a dangerous game he played. But a necessary one, for times were changing. Now, there were no Imperials that were a threat to the Republic, the Sith were weaker than he had ever seen and the Jedi grew in power and knowledge and well as numbers. Even a few Jedi now knew that the first genuine legend the new Jedi had, Darth Turbogeek, was in fact him. What a web of decption he weaved, such a web that even the Jedi Masters were decieved!

Now, the spider was spinning again. Before he had left, Marcus had deliberatly sliced the Jedi's mainframe, wiping out every single record of his existance, not that there was much anyway. He had then switched to the Repubic's data networks, creating a worm that would erase his name from the databanks of all computers forever. Again, probably uneeded, for he knew all anyone had on him was a name and rank. A hired slicer was at present hacking into other networks, the Imperials, GNN, other potential networks, erasing his name and any records to other alias, like Force Master Hunter, Turbogeek. Tohmahawk he instructed to leave, as long as absolutly no link between him and Tohmahawk existed. Even Xazor's records they were reducing to nithing more than a name and rank.

Information was a weapon. The less information that anyone had on you, the better it was. Less to track you with, less to build data trails. And the less they would know when Marcus chose to pull the jaws of the trap shut.

"Marcus? Coruscant coming up"

The call from the control room drew Marcus out of his thoughts. "Okay Xaz... coming up there now"

--

Two hours later, they had touched down on a platform that was to the south of where the ruins of the old Jedi Temple still stood. Pausing to look out at the blackened spike, he waited while Xazor and the droid that they had with them, R2-D2 if the designation could be believed, wheeled down the ramp of Razor and came to a stop beside the two beings - Xazor the Garou, Marcus the Numenorian.

"Is that it?" she asked, looking out as well at the building

"Yes, the Jedi Temple. Or what remains after Helenias was finished. Unbelieveable one person could be the cause of so much, true?"

"I had heard.... but I never really understood the magnitude of what Mother did. Could it ever be rebuilt?"

Marcus looked out at the building, thinking. "Probably. I hope so. It was a good home and I was sorely put out when I found out. My clone was in charge of defences and made one small slip, Helenias took advantage of it beautifully. Ahh, now think. Turbogeek is dead and the once Lord Fire Blade is now Jedi Knight Helenias Q'Dunn. Ironic that she whom caused that is now herself a Jedi, is it not?"

Xazor nodded.

"Well, lets be off. Got a long way to go" Marcus said, picking up his luggage and moving to where the customs checkpoint was. He waited in line with Xazor, before handing over his current id. The officer scanned it then looked up and looked at Marcus, face intent.

"Marcus Telcontar?"

"Yes... is there a problem?" he asked, speaking in a rather different accent to his natural one - this one placed hm as a native of Kuat.

"Telcontar, the smashball player?!?!"

Marcus blinked, then remembered. Oh of course! "That was a long time ago"

The officer grinned. "I still remember you scoring the winning touchdown in the Tri-Comp. Ever thought about coming out of retirement?"

"Republic duties keep me busy unfortunantly. Maybe one day"

"I hope so, General. You were one of the best players ever. Can you sign this flimsy for me?"

Marcus did so, saying goodbyes and walking away, Xazor following. She gave Marcus a quizical look. "Smashball?"

"Yep. Used as an infiltration cover when I was a Sith, many, many years ago. Loved the game, still do. I forgotten Telcontar was the name I used then. Well, lets be going - we still have a way to go before we get to our destination"

Xazor Elessar
Sep 11th, 2002, 04:32:28 PM
The Knight's eyes wandered about the city as the pair walked....masked by false identities. She called herself Valanya Verse, the name intended for her daughter....for the name 'Xazor' seemed to be one in a million.....given to her from the native Garou language, meaning 'Innocent Light'. Smiling still from what Marcus revealed of his past, she thought of her own. How she was glad that her records were being diminished.....for there was a lot to be read upon her record. In fact, she was nearly positive that her so called 'Rap Sheet' was close to being the size of an old novel of her heritage that she kept close to her bed. How that book was so thick with pages....and it gave her chills to think of how all of that was being erased from her name.

They walked now, on through the large city, passing beggars and people of the like. The pair continued down a long stretch of sidewalks lined by bright lights and flashing signs. Xazor had not seen this place in a long time.....and how it had changed. Even Arcan was not this populated....and Yavin IV was set in the thick of natural forests and jungles. Not this crowded, nor busy......congested. On one hand, the Garou was happy to leave the place she had been chained to for the last few years....glad to get out....but Coruscant.....well, it could use some improvement. Sighing as she walked, carrying what was now becomming a heavier load, her unborn child stirred within her for the first time. It made Xazor stop and grasp her stomach....her eyes going wide as she looked down at the buldge at her waist. She nearly choked and her heart almost stopped its rhythmic beating in her heart.

"M......Marcus......s....something happened to.....me........"

She could barely speak the words for a sheer terror gripped her. Of course, having never been pregnant before, she did not expect this at all. Something moved inside of her and it felt so unnatural. Her mind raced, wondering if this was to be expected....or if something was going wrong. Her eyes shot up to the Jedi Master, wondering if he would have any answers.....for at the moment, she could not offer herself any help. How she did not wish to be troublesome on this trip.....but it was not starting off the best......not at all. The seconds seemed to crawl by.....making it seem like hours as she stood in shock at the occurance......wising it had not happened while they were walking through busy and crowded Coruscant.......

Helenias Evenstar
Sep 12th, 2002, 03:26:51 AM
The starship I had obtained for the journey was a fairly basic transport, nothing fancy about it. Really, all it had was a good turn of speed and good shields, but in my belief, that was all I would need. I was not going to fight space duels, I was going to infiltrate a minig colony. It was important to make sure it was the type of tramp liner that would be typical of the fringe.

I was dressed in a fairly standard green jumpsuit, a weapons bag at my side and a heavy blaster at my side. My lightsabre was in a hidden pouch, while my pike was disguised as a overlong spanner. It was a disguise that I had used before and it fitted myself well. It was one I had worn while being Eileen Cross and I was infact carrying that id.

Now were was Oriadin? I was waiting for him so we could take off and get going.

Oriadin
Sep 12th, 2002, 04:10:37 AM
Oriadin got up early on the day of his outing with his Master. He sat alone in his quarters as he ate breakfast, trying to pass the time. He was a little nervous if the truth be told but he put his feelings to one side as he wondered about what might happen on thier trip. He finished his meal and washed then put away the dishes used.

He got dressed, this time not into his Jedi robes but instead into some light blue overalls as sugested by his master. He looked like a mechanic. The clothes he put on looked slightly old and worn. He left the living quarters and made his wat to meet with Helenias.

He arrived slightly earlier than the meeting time. Oriadin always liked to be early for things. His eyes scanned the hanger to see if he could see his master. It didnt take him long to spot her. He made his way over. He casually walked over while taking a good look at the ship Oriadin guessed they would be traveling in. He came face to face with Helenias and bowed.

--Master.--

He held a small bag in his hand of basic utensils for washing and cleaning his teeth etc. He had no weapons on him as he still didnt own any for himself. He raised his head and smiled to his master, it had been a while since hed seen her last.

Helenias Evenstar
Sep 12th, 2002, 06:20:19 AM
I nodded to acknowledge the bow. If nothing else, Oriadin had always been a polite and precise young man. A delight to teach and train I reflected.

"Come on - time we were going"

I went up the boarding ramp, while my Padawan followed. Into one of the rooms I put my luggage. I turned, pointing to the other room in the transport. "Stow your bag there. And let me get a look at what your wearing". Light blue he was wearing, used and worn. I approved of that, but he looked too clean of person. A bit of real mechanic work would fix that and I hoped he had been studying that. What it wouldn't hide was the fact his hands were in too good a condition for a real mechanic - which is why I had a set of gloves that that would fit and make his hand look slightly swollen, cut and calloused.

In this, it was the details that would sell our disguise.

"I have a few blasters that you should pick between and a few more datapads on hyperdrives you should read on. "

Oriadin
Sep 12th, 2002, 06:45:45 AM
He threw his bag into the room as instructed by Helenias. and payed attention as she spoke to him. He had indeed been reading up on mechanics of ships and weapons and what not but as with everything in Oriadins life it seemed, it was all theory and no practise. He wasnt sure how hed cope under preasure or when put in a position. He had a lot of faith in himself though and only looked forward to being tested. Only time will tell he thought to himself.

He nodded as his master told him he should pick between a few blasters and that she had a few datapads for him to read up on. He couldnt wait to get started.

Since Oriadin had lost his memory, he was only aware of a handfull of plannets and what they were like. He looked forward to them traveling so he could see more of the galaxy.

Helenias Evenstar
Sep 13th, 2002, 04:06:10 AM
Noting that Oriadin did not comment, I continued.

"There is also in the hold a full hyperdrive / sublight assembly that we will strip down for practice. I will be testing you on the component names and where they are to go, as well as diagnosis of common engine problems. As we travel, I will also present a few quizzes on possible problems exhibited by spacecraft. Remember that these are likely to come up in conversation and for an experienced mechanic as you are now supposed to be, it should be natural for you to be conversant on this"
I was going back on a role that was me for much of my life - Eileen Cross, Mercenary, Bounty Hunter, remover of limbs if you annoyed me. Oriadin was a mechanic that was helping me out on copleteling a hunt. Just the type of being you would find in a mining colony, where the scum and villany roamed.

Much like the pirates we were going to attempt to find.

I had to admit, I was looking forward to this. It was the type of thing I was good at and enjoyed, even in my Imperial days.

Oriadin
Sep 13th, 2002, 04:21:28 AM
Oriadin again nodded. He hoped he would know the answers to his masters questions when the time came but more importantly when it really mattered.

--Yes Master, I shall do my best. Shall I start work now?--

He questioned. Eager to begin. He was feeling a little nervous at this stage and so felt if he got started it may help to calm him down a little. Doubt was begining to fill his mind on whether he knew enough or not. He did not want to be the one to blow thier cover. Oriadin had never really delt with preasure before and the more he thought about it the more worked up he got. He took deep breaths and put his faith in the force. He felt more soothed now. He relaxed and felt it would all turn out ok in the end.

Helenias Evenstar
Sep 13th, 2002, 10:16:32 AM
"No, wait until we get into Hyperspace. I'll need you to help co-pilot this hunk of junk into orbit. "

I was a resonable pilot, but nowhere in the class of Marcus and neither was this transport in the class of his light freighter. Razor was an extraordinarily fast craft, heavily armed and shielded. This thing.... well, it flew. That was good enough.

I went upforward and began to get the lift-off sequence started.

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 13th, 2002, 08:49:12 PM
Somewhat concerned, Marcus hauled the Knight tinto a doorway and placed a mahnd on her head, stretching out with his feelings....

And laughed.

"Xazor, that's the new life in you saying hello. If anything, I would be saying things are more than good - it's not everyday your baby awakes and shows it is truly alive. Now, do you need to sit and pause for a few minutes? That must have been quite something to feel that happen to you"

Xazor Elessar
Sep 14th, 2002, 09:42:41 AM
Xazor was still in a bit of shock as she looked at Marcus, her eyes wider than ever. His words had not made sense for a moment as she thought. Her mind refused to believe what he was saying...and then it clicked. Her child was truly living within her. It was moving....so things must have been fine. Smiling, she looked away with embarassment in the crimson of her cheeks.

"No...no I'll be fine...it was quite unexpected though!"

She laughed at herself and smiled reassuringly. Hopefully the Unborn would not be too active...or she would surely go mad! Sighing, she moved out of the doorway with Marcus, and the pair continued on. Xazor's eyes dropped to a man sitting upon the ground. His clothes...what little he was wearing....were tattered and torn. The grim upon his body was so thick, that he looked like an aged book that had been sitting upon a shelf...forgotten...for hundreds of years. His eyes were glazed over with a white film and they moved all about as he tried to see....but could not for he was blinde. Xazor's heart broke for him as he sat in complete poverty with absolutely nothing. Suddenly he reached out and grabbed her leg. The Knight was stunned and attempted to pull her leg away...but he grasped tightly with both hands...unrelenting with what little strength he possessed.

"I....saw a....bright light. An....Angel....."

He gasped out as he moved closer to her...and she away from him. The young Knight was frantic...but was trying to remain calm. Her eyes shot to Marcus and she grabbed onto him for support...and he began pulling upon her as well.

"Please don't hurt him!"

She called out to the Jedi Master. Finally he let go...and the man crawled back to the wall which he was previously resting against. He wrapped his arms around his toothpick thin legs and began to sob into his knees. She couldn't take it anymore...the sorrow and grief he was experiencing seemed to echo what had wrapped around her heart. Her hand reached to her pocket and she grabbed some credits...and then she carefully placed them at his feet. He felt around until his grimy fingers were upon the coins...and then he smiled...revealing a mouth with toothless gums. Xazor winced and began moving away from him as he looked up to the sky with speechless lips.

Shaking her head, Xazor looked to Marcus and smiled slightly, despite her confusion of the situation. She had once been told that the blind could see the Aura's of those around them...and could 'see' better than the seeing sometimes. Her own Padawan...now a Knight, Chance...was blind and told her the very same thing. Perhaps he saw things in her that others had not. She and Marcus were Jedi, no doubt...but they did things a bit differently. Her thoughts wandered as the pair did through the back streets. They turned several corners and passed many who resembled that man...all hungering for something that they lacked.

"They are like the Sith in a way....appearing weak and helpless until we see them as no threat...and then they lash out...but for different reasons...selfish reasons. But they have a right to it..they have nothing. So now we go to be different...Lights hidden beneath the hill so that we can accomplish the greater good....yet not make it known who we are. Why is it that so many in the Order seek praise for their acts?"

She was now full of questions as her mind produced them based off of observation. Xazor did not wish to make inferences about such things...for Marcus was far wiser than she and could offer truth. They continued walking toward the destination unknown and hidden to her...and she continued watching....

Oriadin
Sep 16th, 2002, 04:35:32 AM
Oriadin nodded and sat up front with Helenias. She began the starting sequence. Oriadin ran through his checks to make sure the ship was ready for take off. Everything seemed to be in order as he mentally ran through the check list. He turned to face his master.

--I think shes about ready to go Master.--

He turned his eyes back to the controls triple checking everthing. Everything seemed to be in working order. He sat back in his chair and fasted his belt. Ready for take off.

Helenias Evenstar
Sep 16th, 2002, 06:16:26 AM
"All right then - lets go"

I pushed the last buttons and the repulsorlifts came on, shuddering the craft began to lift and with a practiced hand, I turned it's nose then fed more power into the lifts. The craft jinked as an unexpected gust of wind caught it, I steadied it then lifted faster. A few time periods was all it too for the transport to clear the clouds and to get high enough to use the sub-light motors. I was pressed back into my seat as the motors lit up, hurling the aging craft skward and into orbit.

"Begin to get the hyperspace co-oridinates out fo the nav-comp. Wes hould be far enough out of the gravity well by the time that anicent heap of processors has finished calculations"

Oriadin
Sep 16th, 2002, 06:47:19 AM
Oriadin felt his stomache leave him behind as the ship took off. It was a strange tickling sensation and one he hadnt felt in a while. It took almost no time at all to clear the clouds and now they were on thier way.

He let out a smile as his master commented on the 'ancient heap of processors'. They were pretty old but not as bad as Helenias would have you belive. He punched away at the keys on the keypad for a few moments and waited.

--The course is laid in Master.--

He glanced across to her, feeling a little nervous, as this was only the second time he could remember going to hyperspace.

Helenias Evenstar
Sep 16th, 2002, 07:01:38 AM
'Good"

With that, I tapped intlthe computers the codes the nav-comp prodced, adjusted our course, then breathed out to release tension. I pulled back on the Hyperspace activation levers, the motors began to whine, then cycle down. Rather annoyed, I gave the upper console a savage backhander, the end result of which the Hyperspace motors flared back alive, the stars in the view screen began to elongate then streak, with a rush the transport ripped into hyperspace with a flash of psuedo-motion.

My eyes rolled as I made sure the craft was on course.

"Hope you learned your lessons well Oraidin - you might get the chance to use them on this bucket of loose bolts. Lets go back and work on the spare hyperdrive"

Oriadin
Sep 16th, 2002, 07:32:48 AM
Oriadin nodded as he stared out of the viewscreen. The sight of going into hyperspace was an amazing one. It all looked almost magical.

He got out of his seat and moved towards the back of the ship. The spare hyperdrive lay underneath a sheet. He pulled back the sheet to reveal the spare hyperdrive. Remembering back to the manuals hed read and archives hed searched through it didnt look in too bad a shape. More than often though, the most fustraiting problems were the small ones. Hard to find and even more difficult to repair.

--Do you have those data pads for me to look over?--

He rubbed his hands together as he looked keen to begin.

Helenias Evenstar
Sep 18th, 2002, 03:27:50 AM
"Yes I do - just past the storage bins, they are in a box there"

While Oraidin went off to retrieve them, I looked over the second drive. It seemed to be in resonable condition, but I knew that it was not. One of the cores was damaged, along with a cooling array and a capacitor. The Force knew what else was gone.

Probably wasn't a bad thing that I had bought along a spare for just about everything. What I would have liked was to have Artoo here, that droid was very good at this sort of thing. Had quite a lot of practice. I was thinking of picking up a droid of some kind at our destination, but that was a maybe. For now, it was up to us to fix this drive.

Or more precisely, Oraidin.

Oriadin
Sep 18th, 2002, 03:39:54 AM
Oriadin didnt take long to find the data pads. He switched the first one on as he walked back to the hyperdrive. He began to read the information being displayed in front of him. The information seemed to be directly about the actuall drive layed out before him. As he didnt know exactly what hed be working on he simply did a general study before.

He got to certain points in his reading before he stopped to check something on the drive. He was following the instructions pretty well. A few times he didnt quite understand so went back a few paragraphs to re-read the information until he got it.

It took him a fair while but eventually he got through all the data pads. He would keep them close to him for reference though he thought to himself.

--Is there a repair kit/some tools I can use?--

Helenias Evenstar
Sep 18th, 2002, 03:52:43 AM
There was a crash as I dropped one of the hydro-spanners I had been juggling - the other four I caught neatly.

"Wha..? Oh... oh yes. Over here. "

So I wasn't always the serious and deadly woman that I normally was. Just because I had a habit of removing limbs of my enemies didn't mean I didn't have a sense of humour or fun

Oriadin
Sep 18th, 2002, 04:21:51 AM
Oriadin smiled at his master as she dropped the hypo-spanner. She smiled too. It was a nice clear the air kinda smile and one that made Oriadin feel more comfortable to be around her.

He respected her as a Jedi and knew he could learn a lot from her. She was a good master but things go around and people get talked about. Helenias had a reputation of being hard so it was nice to see a glimpse of a different side of her. A more humourus side. He looked down at the spanner and with a joking tone said

--You dropped that!--

He then looked back to Helenias, still smiling. His eyebrows raised.

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 18th, 2002, 07:03:59 PM
"They are like the Sith in a way....appearing weak and helpless until we see them as no threat...and then they lash out...but for different reasons...selfish reasons. But they have a right to it..they have nothing. So now we go to be different...Lights hidden beneath the hill so that we can accomplish the greater good....yet not make it known who we are. Why is it that so many in the Order seek praise for their acts?"

"xazor, I honestly dont know. Pride is not something a Jedi should have.... and these poor that we walk around, they are not Sith, nor do they just lash out. They are hungry, they are tieed, they have no home. They look up, knowing those in towers above throw out more in one day than these beings eat in a month. There is.... just no need for this!"

There was a hint of anger in the voice of the Jedi Master as he continued.

"Look at them Xazor! Does anyone care for them? Do the Jedi? Do the Senate? Those in their high towers, do they give a crap? Well I will tell you Xazor, for us that's going to be different. We are Jedi and that means to serve - and here are the ones we serve. Truly serve, for that is the true Jedi way. Master am I, but servant to all I must be and well it is you remeber that too. This Xazor, this is somethign that the high ups know and fear, for a true sevant is a leader truly worthy to follow. I hate Coruscant for all it's high towers and power hunger, but I love Coruscant in the shadows, where the beings are real. Yes, it is dangerous, but... where would you prefer to be? Up there or down here? That is the difference between us and the others."

The Master paused, looking at a landmark.

"Good, we are nearly at Dexter's. That's where we are going - a business partner of mine. I have not seen him in many, many years. Used to be a smuggler and we set up a bar together. It's an ailen's only bar, so it's a good idea if you snarl and show your fangs when we go inside - and dont be too surprised when we do get inside. If I remember right, the place was filled with Telcontar memorabilia"

That was soooo many years ago Marcus thought So many years since I played. Before Xazor was born. Even the fall of the Empire is now 53 years ago...

Helenias Evenstar
Sep 19th, 2002, 06:22:54 AM
The spanner seemed to levitate of it's own accord, until it reached a height that was level with my eyes.

"I dropped it? No, I call it temporary gravity affliction"

The spanner hung there for a moment as I concentrated, then spun around and kicked it out of the air, sending it neatly targeted onto a couch.

"Okay, lets get to work"

Oriadin
Sep 19th, 2002, 08:11:34 AM
Oriadin smiled. He was impressed by his masters skill, and not for the first time. A more serious look overcame his face as he prepared to take a good look at the hyperdrive.

Having no idea what was wrong with it was not going to help matters much. He was going to have to run a series of tests. Testing the smallest thing first and working his way up. It was the only way to figure out exactly where the problem lay. He pulled out a dirty looking piece of cloth from one of the pokets of his overalls and lay it on the flood. He kneeled on the rag and got a closer look at the hyperdrive. Eventually he found what he was looking for and connected the testing device.

--Fingers crossed the problem is fairly simple!--

He joked, knowing that it was more than likely going to be very challenging.

Helenias Evenstar
Sep 19th, 2002, 08:32:03 AM
I nodded, then fed power into the test circuit - and the circuit breaker immediatly popped with a rather startling bang.

"Maybe not....."

Xazor Elessar
Sep 19th, 2002, 04:16:26 PM
Xazor nodded with sorrow at Marcus's words. It was all too true....no one cared for these poor souls here on the streets of Coruscant. They were so real.....and had no one to impress, unlike those in the high towers above the cityscape. She sighed slightly and continued walking through the narrow streets. They passed a landmark or two and turned several corners until they were finally standing in front of a building that looked more like a shack than anything else. She smiled to herself and nodded toward the Bar.

"This must be the place....and don't worry.....I am no human and can demonstrate that well....."

She said with a bit of laughter. The pair made their way through the heavy door at the entrance and pushed through the crowd. Suddenly a large ugly man stepped in front of Xazor. The Knight looked up.....far up to see into the dark eyes of three meter tall beast. He put a hand on her shoulder and shook his head.

"Mataka ne su llana......"

He said in a deep voice. The Knight laughed at his words that were in a language foreign to most people. She could not even recall the proper name of it....but had dealt with these people when she served as Empress upon Cysaria. Placing a hand upon his......she grinned as suddenly claws seemed to spring from where her normal nails should have been. She dug them into his flesh slightly and snarled at him with a harsh tone lacing her voice.

"I'm no human......move....."

She growled deeply, exposing her elongated canines as she did. He was an inferior to her race and bowed his head, then moved to the side for Marcus and she. For the longest time, she had thought that being Garou was a curse.....but how time had proven that wrong. Smiling and exposing her shiny teeth as she did, her eyes moved to the walls where suddenly they fell upon the.....memorabilia of this so called 'Telcontar'. Xazor had to stifle a laugh when she saw a picture of someone who looked so similar to Marcus....but younger. The Knight quickly made her way toward the back of the establishment and found an empty table. Though it had a sort of....goo on the top.....she sat down anyway.

"This place is quite.....interesting, to say the least. But what is our business here? Do you seek that man you spoke of, and how could he help us?"

Her questions began pouring out and unfortunatly, her words drew the attention of a group of young 'men' behind her. They too were of some ugly race....perhaps that of the tall man that had tried to stop her from entering here. Paying it no mind, she brought her silver speckled eyes back to Marcus......wondering what would become of their arrival to this strange place......

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 19th, 2002, 06:45:29 PM
Damn, I've been away from this place too long

It was a dark and dirty place, there was loud music blasting from the band in the corner, a raucous beat that would be called uncouth in other places.

<font color=green>I cant sleep, the boys are bashing in the backdoor
They bust this site cause I'm rotten to the core
Sweet sweet sister sister, she's a hangng on a cross
Striptease lover, The b**** is really lost

Doing time in my mind
Is always good to me

But sometimes, I find that
I get carried away...

So, more, wine, waiter please
I need a drink that knocks me off my feet
Too many late nights, not enough sleep
Ah but waiter ...
More, Wine, Waiter please</font>

Wow, where had Dexter got this band from? That was quite something. The lead singer swung his mic, piroetted and basically played up to the crowd, who were egging the band on. Marcus tapped a hand on his leg, keeping time as he followed Xazor to a table. The Jedi got some stares for they both looked the accured humans, but there were also those that looked at the holos on the wall and some shocked murmours that Telcontar was in the bar - for he hadn't been seen for 20 years in here! A few of the aliens that had accousted Xazor at the door gaped in recognition, their thoughts of human baiting gone - Telcontar was well known to look human, but he certainly was not and had done a lot for the alien lower classes. Besides, if they were the bouncers Dexter was using, then Marcus was their employer, even if he had not stepped in this place for decades

Rather amusing to reflect on that.

<font color=green>It's 12 o clock and I aint got no honey
I need a drink but I aint got no money
It's looking grim in this dirty little s'hole
I need a hit, not some fat f'king cheap mole

Doing time in my mind
Is always good to me

But sometimes, I find that
I get carried away...

Ah but waiter ...
More, Wine, Waiter please</font>

He reached the table that Xazor had picked out, somewhat in a quieter corner. Now, what the frell was on th top....?

"Hey, I own this place Xazor, with Dex. Welcome.... to one of our fronts. I'm looking for Dexter..... hey fatso!"

Marcus greeted a huge four arm alien that waddled to the table. "That can't be... Telcontar? Damn, it is you! How you been buddy?"

"Hey, not bad Dex. Long time since I been here! How's business?"

"Pretty good! Who's the human?"

"Human? I dont think so... Dex, this is Xazor Dawnstrider, Jedi Knight and Garou. Xaz, meet Dexter, a business partner. We go waaaaay back"

"Pleased ta meet ya" growled the huge alien, giving Marcus a strange look, before it's expression changed totally of shock and surprise. "Marcus... by the gods! My spy at Arcan said there was a Marcus Q'Dunn.... your not..."

"I think we better go somewhere quiet and talk Dex" Marcus said.

The alien googled at the Jedi before nodding.

The band rocked on as Dex politely escorted Xazor to a door at the back of the bar, Marcus following

<font color=green>[i]Oi!
Oi!
Oi!
Oi!

Rattling, midnight, summer of dawn
I've been in trouble since the day I was born
Checking out the mean chicks, falling out the door
I couldn't find a lady, I'm gonna beg for more...

Ah but waiter ...
More Wine Waiter please!

Hey waiter,
how about a couple of drinks over here?

Ah but waiter ...
More Wine Waiter please!

Oi!
Oi!
OI!
OI!
Oi!
Oi!
oi!
Oi!
More wine waiter please!
<font color=green>[i]

Oriadin
Sep 20th, 2002, 03:10:18 AM
The bang made Oriadin jump. He was not expecting that at all. A small puff of smoke rose up and Oriadin waved his hand over it to try and clear the air around him. A look of disapointment overcame the padawans face. The testing device wasnt looking in good shape and would indeed need some repairs done to it. So not only did Oriadin have to repair the hyperdrive but the testing device too. Something he hadnt read up on.

He opened the case and took a good look. Some of the circuit board was black with smoke but looked in decent working order. It didnt take him long to hazzard a guess at what was wrong. It looked as if the fuse had blown. Thankfully this wasnt so hard to fix.

He pulled tool box in close and raked around for a few moments. He picked up a couple of pieces, gave them a quick look before placing them back again. Eventually he got what he was looking for. He quickly changed the fuse in the testing box and closed the case back up.

He nodded to Helenias, asking her to turn on the power again. It fired up this time without a problem. Oriadin checked the reading on the testing box.

--The hyperdrive generator has gone. It will need replacing, do we have a spare on board?--

Xazor Elessar
Sep 22nd, 2002, 09:32:54 PM
A terrible song began to play as a huge four-armed alien approached the table......someone Marcus obviously knew. It was the one....Dexter.....that he had been telling her of, his friend and business partner. Smiling toothily as he took her hand in a friendly greeting, her eyes searched around the room a moment. The Garou felt eyes upon them....and the mention of leaving to another place sounded like a sublime notion. Acquiescently, Xazor rose from her seat and was escorted to a door at the back of the bar with the large alien creature. The trio pushed through and shut it behind them once they were on the other side in a nearly dark room. The Garou's eyes changed over quickly to her nightvision and she could see perfectly about the room.......until the lights came on. A small office type place it was.....with papers scattered all about the floor and upon the desk. Shaking her head, she was just about to take a seat upon an empty chair, when Dex grabbed her hand and led her toward the corner of the room.

"Up ya go.....ladies first!"

He said, pointing up to a trap door in the ceiling. Xazor grabbed hold of the hanging cord and pulled it down to reveal a set of stairs. Lofting a brow, she hoisted herself up to them with Dexter's help.....and slowly made her way up the flight until they were far above the Bar. Once leaving the stairs, the Knight's eyes came to rest upon a large room that seemed like almost a building in itself.....for its complexity. There were computers and comfortable couches and chairs.....papers in stacks but neat.....and many data pads all rested in their respective places about the room. She walked forward and placed her hand upon an Onyx tabletop......the glass upon it was smooth to the touch and free of dust. It was something else.....compared to the condition of the bar. Lofting a brow, she turned around to face the men.

"I......I don't understand. Is this?"

She was beginning to put this all together. This was their headquarters now.......where The Lost would work from.....and it was incredible. She could only imagine what was inside of the closets about the room......and even in the holo-computer systems. Silence engulfed the room as her mouth seemed to hang open as her eyes drifted over the place......

Helenias Evenstar
Sep 23rd, 2002, 08:31:05 PM
"Yes, we have the spares onboard. What is needed?"

For a few more hours we worked, switching the parts over, some of which I spent thinking things out, the future. There was a question I wished to broach with Oraidin, but I wanted to put it when the time was right.

While I was replacing the power line, I decided to ask.

"Oraidin, how much do you remember of your past? I have rarely heard you speak of it, or even contemplate it. Sometimes it is like..... you just dont exist until you came to the Jedi. Do you ever wonder? Do you ever consider what there could be, or even if your real name is different to what you have now? Ever consdier there might be a family you have, or others that might know you?"

Oriadin
Sep 24th, 2002, 04:52:25 AM
Oriadin stopped dead in his tracks. His head sank slightly as he looked to the ground and sighed. He took a few deep breaths as he contemplaited what he wanted to say.

--When I first joined the Order I thought long and hard about my past. Almost all the time. I tried to imagine what my life might have been like to see if anything would trigger off a memory or anything really. But nothing. It used to make me feel sad. I didnt know who I was, if I had a family, or anythng--

He paused for a moment. Then he looked up to Helenias and looked deeply into her eyes.

--Ive been with the Jedi Order for some time now though. Ive learnt to move on. Not to dwell in the past. I do think from time to time who am I really? But honestly, I know who I am. Im Oriadin. Training to become a Jedi knight. Im a strong beliver in fate and I think I was led to the Order for a reason. I intend on seeing what that reason is. I wonder if my memory will ever come back but Im a Jedi now. I know who I am, and what I want to become. Perhaps somethings are more clear to me than people who remember thier past.--

He nodded gently as his eyes drifted off to the floor again.

Dexter
Sep 24th, 2002, 04:50:34 PM
The huge alien finshed squeezing his bulk through the trap door, making room for the Dark Jedi.... no Jedi! to climb up and look around.

Dexter and Marcus went back... way back. Nearly before the fall of the Empire. One of the few friends the evil bastard had. They had a few ventures going, business deals and stuff, some good and low acts they ran. Real high class scum stuff.

But that was before Marcus had disappeared without a trace for 20 years. Dexter thought that someone must have fianlly knocked off the Dark Jedi, until he began to hear a rumour of a particularly powrful Jedi appearing - a Darth Turbogeek. Dex had watched from afar, had set spies to watch, but in the end his hope was unfounded - close but not quite. Years tho he waited and kept preparations up, kept the secret rooms above the Diner ready and up to date, kept running th scams and rackets.

Thanks to that, Dex was wealthy, truly wealthy. He owned lots of real estate and a few weapons plants, plus had interests in a huge fast food chain that spread the Galaxy. He also used to ran Assasins Incorporated but lately had found that he had been giving up hope and settling down - until a spy told him the improbable news

There's a Jedi Master that no-on knew of that has suddenly appeared - we can find nothing on him, but we know the name is Marcus Q'Dunn

Dexter's hopes arose. And from afar he watched.

Until today and Telcontar had walked back into the Diner as if nothing had happened. Now, being close to the Numenorian, Dexter could smell the familair and unique tang that Marcus had and he knew. His friend was indeed the Jedi Master he had heard of.

And a bloody powerful one by the reports!

And lookie here, a Jedi Knight with him! Now, what did this mean? Marcus worked alone, right?

"Heeeey buddy, wadda think?" exclaimed Dexter as he spread his arms out to example the high tech control room. The bearded face, so much more lined and weather beaten took it in and the Jedi began to grin.

"This is perfect. We will have need of this"

"But your a Jedi, right? Jedi dont do the things we used to!" exclaimed Dex.

"Yes, I am a Jedi..... all we are going to do is turn our attention to the ones who deserve it. We're going to start a war Dex.... a quiet and secret war." The Jedi looked Dexter up and down, a serious look on his face. "We're also going to make up for some of the acts we used to do, my friend. We are going to do things very, very different. I know last time you saw me I was neck deep in the Dark Side.... but no more. Xazor here, she knows everything. She's my partner, my apprentice in this if you will. There's alos a great many plns we all have to make and many things I have to tell you - like for one we are goignt o have a Senatr on our side, willingly. I am troth to her"

Dexter's eyes opened wide. "You.... have a wife?!?!?"

"Yes. Helenias Evenstar she will be calling herself"

"Awww man, Marcus... not that tall dark haired broad that likes to tear beings limb from limb?? I heard about her from my spies, shes dangerous they say, Helenias...Q'Dunn???. Marcus, this is one hell of a scam!"

"No scam Dex. Xazor here is her daughter"

Th e reptile was blinking, for there was too much information flowing here for it to comphend. He had spies everywehere and the only Jedi by the name of Xazor was Jedi Knight Xazor Leo Dawnstrider... a council member no less! Dexter actually felt some fear down his spine. Whatever the frell Marcus was up to this time, it was a good deal different to what they were doing before - a good deal more serious. A Jedi MAster? A Jedi Council member, A Senator?

"Marcus.... what's going on?" asked Dexter softly.

"We are starting a new Jedi collective. We are calling ourseleves The Lost. It's going to be hard to explain Dex, but I ask you to trust me, as you always did, for there are something I cant explain simply - ad we have need of you and what we once had set up. I'm going to need Assasins Inc. I'm going to need beings I can trust. Xazor here, I trust with my life. I think I can with you too." The Jedi turned away from the dumbfounded reptile, speaking to Xazor.

"This where Dex and I used to run our business long ago. There's more upstairs, including my old rooms.... they are still there, right?"

Dexter paused, then nodded. "Yeah, all there buddy.... and eerrr... a bow and arrow? Whya re you carrying that for?"

"I kill evil people with it" came back the blunt answer. Suddenly, the reptile hissed.

"Your the one responsible for all those Imperial deaths here a few months ago!"

"Yes. Every on of them corrupt and evil. Things have changed Dex"

Hell, they sure had, thought the reptile. And made a decision. "OKay, whatever your up to I want a piece of it. Miss, if this is anything like the capers Marcus here used to get up ta, your in for one hell of ta ride. You must be pretty good if ya in on it too"

Xazor Elessar
Sep 24th, 2002, 07:35:46 PM
Xazor herself was quite dumbfounded as Marcus and Dex conversed with one another. She still had not fully comprehended her place in this......The Lost......it was beginning and now she could finally do things the way that she believed. At the mention of the bow and arrow Marcus was carrying, Xazor smiled to herself and removed her outer cloak to reveal a secret.....she too was carrying a bow with arrows strapped to her side.

Dasquian has taught me well....

She said softly in his mind, keeping her cloak off as to not clue Dex in on their secret conversations. Smiling, she held it in her muscular arms.....the tattoo that once rested upon her left bicept was gone save for a faded reminder that now rested there. All because of a night of incredible events.....she had rid herself of the reminder of who she once was......though it was still imprinted upon her mind in a way that would never be removed.

"This is incredible......thank you for allowing us this space for our...project...if you will."

The Knight smiled toothily once again and turned to face Marcus. She let her eyes fall into his for a moment.......knowing what was upon his mind. He was always thinking so many things and this moment was definatly no exception. Smiling slightly, she bowed her head and then turned and walked toward the edge of the room where one window rested on the wall in the corner. It was enough for them to see out.....but no one would ever see it from the outside. Then she remembered something that Dex had said.....about the things they did not being of the Jedi. She turned and smiled gently his way, her thoughts circling her mind.

"Indeed.......many things I do are not of the traditional Jedi Code.....but that does not make me more or less a Jedi.....does it? What we are doing is right in our eyes......it is what we believe outside of the Jedi Order......though we are very much a part of it still."

She said softly and then walked back to join Marcus and the large alien. Now her curiousity rose once again as she let her eyes wander to the computers and other equipment in the room....and then back to the pair across from her.

"So where do we start? There surly must be many things to do!"

Of course, Marcus would not see to her working like that.....not in the pregnant state she was in. Understandibly so......yet the Knight would object to his words......though she knew that she would not get far with the Jedi Master. Smiling to herself, she let her thoughts and anticipation build as she awaited any sort of direction......or perhaps a plan......

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 25th, 2002, 01:46:42 AM
"Hey, I meant ye no offense Miss" started the huge reptile "I guess I dont be knowing what a Jedi be like fully, if be knowing my meaning. I was pretty sure MArcus here wasn;t exactly a Sith all them years ago... and to be telling ya the truth buddy, I'm glad yer not. I've known ya a long time and you always had a good heart. Seems that if ya be with Marcus Miss, you must be of good heart as well"

"Aye, she is" replied Marcus, dropping into his natural voice, the soft tone and the hard to place accent, "She's of very stout and good heart. "Now, where do we start? Ah, something I have given long thought to. For one, I promised Dasquain you were going to start to rest and that your going to do. Dexter can teach you some advanced slicing and there is a lot around here to do and set up - as well as planning. We have a lot of that to do. And sharpen your sword. Just because I would like to see you rest, doesnt mean we aint going out - Assasins Inc has work to do. More than that however..... Dexter, can you look up a name for me?"

"Sure buddy" he said, waddling over toa control board "Who is it?"

"Lilaena De'ville"

There was a noticable reaction from Xazor, and no wonder. Deville was a known Dark Side Master and a good one. Marcus and her had clashed many times. A flash of information came up witht he last known file picture of the woman.

"Dark Jedi of the Black Hand, one the three pillars of them. More powerful in The Force and deadly. She's our target"

"To kill?"

"No" said Marcus turning "To recruit. We need more than just us. Deville is closer to the Light Side than she realises. There will be others and soon... but she is the one I want most of all. And we will get her"

Helenias Evenstar
Sep 27th, 2002, 06:23:19 AM
"In some ways, that is the perfect way to become a Jedi" I began in answer "To have no possessions, to have no attachments, to not know what it is like to be loved or to give love, pain, anger, suffering. That is why in old times, the Jedi insisted that you must be a infant to enter training and to be bought up in an enviroment where there is nothing else other than the Jedi. It is strange to speak to one like you."

I smiled gently, for now putting aside the hyperdrive repair.

"Oraidin, no teacher cold have wanted for a better student than you and for that I am grateful. And with that, I would ask of you something that would please me greatly if you were to agree to. In a short time, the governance of Arcan will be appointinging myself to the Senate. The Jedi will be going to Coruscant as well. No, I do not plan to give up my Jedi vows, far from it. The Arcan Governance specifically wanted a Jedi and as a Jedi I will serve. Will you be part of my staff? I will have need of a intelligent and wise mind to help me in what I believe will be a trying time"

-- OOC Oraidin, somewhere within your next post, please set us forward to our arrival at our destination. It will be approx one day standard further on. Thank you kindly.

Oriadin
Sep 27th, 2002, 06:55:50 AM
Oriadin let out a small smile as his master told him that she could not have asked for a better student. He didnt let it go to his head though. He felt sure he would be tested on this trip and he didnt want to let anyone down. Especially his master. If everything went well then he would be pleased. He still had to be challenged and put under preasure. Only then would he himself know if he had what it took. For now though, he was confident in his ability.

Oriadin had already heard rumours about Helenias going to work in the senate. He had never spoken to her about it however as he felt it wasnt any business of his. Then, all of a sudden, there she was asking him to help her, by being part of her staff. It went quite for a short time before he nodded. He knew the senate was a place of power. Some of that power had already been corupted by certain individuals. Perhaps this was a good opertunity to do some good at a higher level. If it could filter down then many people would benifit. Oriadin suspected this was the reason why Helenias had accepted the offer to be a part of the senate.

--Master, I will do all that I can to help protect the galaxy. If you think I can help you in the Senate then I would be honoured.--

He assumed they would talk about this more in detail another time. For now though, he had to continue the work on the hyperdrive.

Several hours later and Oriadin was still working on it. A few parts had been stripped off completely and the problem was becoming more and more fustraiting. Oriadin had to walk away a number of times before coming back to it. A steady supply of coffee kept the man awake and focused. It was getting late and Helenias suggested he got some rest.

--Ive nearly got it. You get some sleep and I'll see you when you wake.--

She nodded and went off. In truthfullness, Oriadin hadnt nearly finished but he was determined to get it done. He refused to give up.

---------------------------------------------

He jumped up, startled. He had fallen asleep while working. Helenias woke him up by resting a hand on his shoulder. He rubed his eyes and took a look at the hyperdrive.

--I must have fallen asleep.--

As he said it, he noticed a lose wire. He moved his head in to take a closer look. Ahhhh, the problem hed been looking for. He must have been so blurry eyed he hadnt spotted it during the night. He reconected the wire and the repair was complete. Helenias congratulated him on sucessfully fixing it and asked him to prepare for the arival that their destination. He got washed and changed as Helenias brought them out of hyperspace.He went up front to sit with his master. She began the landing sequence as the destination plannet came on the viewscreen and before long they had landed. Safe and sound.

He gave Helenias a hand in turning off all the engines. One by one they shut down. The gentle hum, which went un-noticed until they were turned off died down and all went silent.

Xazor Elessar
Sep 28th, 2002, 10:56:17 PM
"Are you insane?!"

The Knight exclaimed with a fierce look as she walked over to the computer and shut it off. Her eyes darted to Marcus and searched his face for an answer. He had to be kidding.....Lilaena De'Ville.....a killer. Xazor shook her head and began pacing behind Dexter, her mind full of questions that she herself did not even know how to ask.

"Why her? She is consumed with the Darkness! What good will she bring to The Lost? I do not see it, Marcus......"

Furrowing her brow, the Knight paused and dropped her head. She had just judged without knowledge of this woman. Sure, Xazor had heard rumors and seen things that had been done by Lilaena, but she did now know her, and she had a feeling that Marcus did. How she despised being judged, and now she herself was doing it. Shaking the thoughts from her mind, she looked back up at the Jedi Master and bowed her head.

"I'm sorry...just a little cautious lately, that's all. I hope you know what your doing."

With that, she used the Force to restore the computer back to its running state with the look up on Lilaena. Perhaps some answers would lie there, and perhaps Marcus himself would tell Xazor of this woman....and maybe in the end...they would recruite her. But still, Xazor thought that would take a true miracle....but she would not question Marcus's judgement now, for she could feel his seriousness through their Life Bond....

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 28th, 2002, 11:37:53 PM
"Xazor, tell me. Can a Dark Sider love, truly love? Lilaena De'ville does. She has a child and a husband. Would you say that, that is the acts of someone committed to the Dark Side? I say it is not. She is open and when we have faced off, I have seen how that the grip of the Dark Side is lessened, yet she refuses to see that. It will be our task to show the truth to her"

Marcus looked up from the screen

"Yes, I could be called insane. But I sense the good in her, I do. And her actions, her desire for love from what I have seen and sensed, they will help break the hold the Dark Side has"

Xazor Elessar
Sep 28th, 2002, 11:43:54 PM
Xazor nodded gently and smiled, taking a deep breath to calm her confusion.

"Not many Darksiders love......I did while a Sith, but look at me now. You are right, we must do our best to show her the Light. That is another thing that the Jedi of the Order are not doing. No one is doing these things anymore, yet they are taking credit for such acts that never happen!"

It was all too confusing, but hopefully The Lost would be able to do things the right way and in turn, the Order would begin to do things a bit differently too, or at least they would begin to think about the things that have been neglected.

"So we look her up and then what, find her?"

She questioned as the woman's background information and picture popped up onto the screen. She looked evil, and Xazor began to doubt again, but she knew that she could not. Not this time, this was serious....and she was in on it no matter how insane Marcus seemed.

"Well if so, then let's go!"

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 30th, 2002, 12:53:29 AM
"Hold back Xazor. I dont even know where she presently is - and yes I have to agree. The Order makes no attempt to turn Darksiders and yet the Sith take our Padawans. Unluckily for them, I make a habit of grabing thei Masters. Four I have turned to the Light Side. They take our weak, I take their strong. It has always been this way"

He reached over and scrolled though some data.

"When Jyanis Scorpion and I raided TSE computers and tole a few billion of their credits, we also got a lot of information on the Sith. See here? Whole known list of what she has done, histories as we can get. Information Xazor is a formidible weapon. It's a rarely used weapon too. We however, we weild it"

Xazor Elessar
Sep 30th, 2002, 06:21:38 PM
Xazor listened intently and sighed. They had to find out about Lilaena if they wanted to turn her. But what more information could they ask for if they had it all right here? The Knight shook her head with uncertainty, but gave up her reserve and trusted Marcus. Had he ever steered her wrong? No, of course not, and this time was no exception.

"Well what do we do first then if this information is so valuable to us? We have computers that can access whole data-systems....what are we waiting on?"

True, she was a bit impatient, and Marcus wanted her to rest...but she wanted to work! The Knight's eyes darted to Dexter for a moment, wondering curiously if he would help them through this time, for she knew that both she and Marcus were plenty capable, but they wouldn't be enough. Suddenly as she was thinking, a loud thump came from below and it made Xazor jump to the side, reaching for her saber. Men's voices grew louder and louder and suddenly there was a banging on the trap door that they had come through.

How did they find us?!

Xazor thought to Marcus....and she drew her saber, igniting it quickly. It would not be a good thing if people were finding them already. She shook her head and held the double bladed, duel phase weapon in front of her....ready to defend if necessary. The pounding got louder and louder and the men began to shout.

"We know you're up there! Now come back down! No one gets special treatment here if I don't!"

"Yeah, tell us what you're hiding up there......we've been watching you all along!"

How much do they know? Xazor began to wonder as perspiration raised upon her forehead. Luckily the door in their floor and the men's ceiling was locked.....but would it hold them back? How many of them were there? She could only here about three voices...and with her ultra sensitive ears, she picked them out from one another and nearly confirmed that number. But were they beings of the Force? So many questions poured through her mind as she thought of the Lost's new home in danger.....

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 30th, 2002, 10:18:21 PM
"They dont know who we are.... they are common crims"

He opened his eyes, feeling the emotiions below and reading their thoughts with The Force. "Dexter who the hell are those clowns and what the hell are they doing in here?"

"Beats me. Musta gotten by the security"

"Right. Fine" He closed his eyes and aised the hood on his cloak, before striding across to the trapdoor, unlocking it and flinging it back. Before anyone got any thiughts of coming up further, the Jedi simply jumped down first.

There was silence for a moment after he disappeared.

Then the air was rent by a horrific scream, then another.

The thud of running feet.

Silence.

Marcus came slowy up the ladder a moment later, his hood off and a tired look in his eyes. "They wont be back"

"Yeah? Why?"

"Because.... they saw the single most terrifying thing the could imagine. What that was......" he shrugged ".. was up to them. It's a Jedi thing"

Force Master Hunter
Oct 1st, 2002, 01:34:47 AM
Here I was on some sithhole of a place - it was dirty and it was ugly. It was filled with scum and it was a place where you did not turn you pace on anyone. Life was cheap and the alcohol could clean engines.

Just my kind of place.

I was here at Pha'ssh cause someone had given me a few thousand credits and told me to be here. Hey, I am a Bounty Hunter. I'll do it for credits and no Hunter is too proud if the money was good. I looked at the high demoniation credits in my plam, before putting them away in a coat pocket. Yep, the money was good allright. But the job was vague. I was to meet a woman and a man at the landing pad at about this time. Wasn't given a name, but that didnt worry me. I pulled the coat I wore around my shoulders so it sat better, adjusted the eyeshades and also straightened my gun belt. Two high powered rail guns sat at the hips, which was all I needed to be armed with.

I waited for about an hour, before I sa a ship coming in - a transport. Waitng until it landed, I then moved forward, going to where the ramp was opening and waited.

Some guy came out first. Mechanic, tho he looked ill at ease to my trained eye. Newbie out here in the fringe. Then the second figure appeared.

By the Force?!!? I didn't know they made em like that!!!

Dark haired and even in the well worn jumpsuit, a figure to kill for. Actually, a face to kill for as well. Crap! Now this was going to be one good assignment, I'd willingly do what she wanted! However as I looked her over, I began to twig to something. This was just no pretty face. Unike the guy, she had an edge on her, an eye that missed nothing and she was clearly taking stock of her settings as she came down the ramp. I also saw her holster had a well worn look and as she caught my eye and assessed me, I knew she was seeing right through what I was.

Holy Frell. Holy, Holy Frell.

Well, this had to be the one who hired me, I reckoned. So I approached and introduced myself

"Hi there. The Name's Hunter - I'm looking for an Eileen Cross, a mechanic that's been called in by one of the bosses. I'm here to make sure she is looked after"

Oriadin
Oct 1st, 2002, 04:31:06 AM
Oriadin stepped off the transport. It was a grim looking place, that much he knew. Oriadin looked a little uneasy, as this was a new place to him. His eyes scanned over the surrounding area, to get a feel for the place.

A man caught Oriadins eye. He began to approach. He seemed to be staring at Helenias and almost completly ignoring him, whether that was true or not, he was unsure. Oriadin had been informed they would be meeting someone upon arrival, so he guessed this was the man. If the truth be told, Oriadin felt the man seemed a little, nervous, at the sight of Helenais.

The guess was confirmed as the stranger introduced himself. It was indeed the person they were to meet.

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 4th, 2002, 12:28:20 AM
I had to admit, it took myself a moment after seeing the man whom met us, for my mind to catch up. He looked so startlingly like Turbogeek and Tohmahawk, it was not funny. I thought it was a clone. The guns, the accent, the attitude.

If it wasn't for the fact his sense in the Force was clearly different, I would have thought Marcus was here himself. But this was no Marcus.

"Hi, I'm Eileen" I said, coming closer "and your dead if you don't tell me your real name in three seconds"

He was good, yes. But not good enough. I got the draw on him and I had the Assault Gun I had been hiding behind my back out and pointed faster than he could draw one of his guns.

"I'm not going to repeat myself..... your name"

I gave him a flat look that let him know I was serious and ready to pull the trigger.

"It's.... Paladin. Gregori Paladin"

Paladin?!?

I let him sweat for a few more seconds, sensing he was telling the truth, before pointing the gun downwards... a bit. "Long time no see Gregori. What are you doing dressed up like Tohmahawk for? Fancy dress party?"

Oriadin
Oct 4th, 2002, 02:36:46 AM
Oriadin had barely been paying attention. When Helenias mentioned that the stranger was dressed like Tohmahawk he took a closer look. He looked just like Marcus! Strange.

The Padawan was somewhat suprised at Helenias's greeting of the man. Threatning him and pulling a gun on him. Very argressive and unexpected to Oriadin. She knew the place much better than he did though and did not question her. No doubt she had her reasons for her actions. He was learning from her, afterall.

Oriadin awaited to hear Gregori's reply.

Force Master Hunter
Oct 5th, 2002, 08:53:58 AM
Awwww man. This sucked. The b*tch had gotten the drop on me and hardly anyone could do that. But at least it said loud and clear whom it was.

"Ummm.... well...... lets say a Jedi Master invited me to take this appearence. Rough guy, bearded, had a sword, which ... ahhh, you know Marcus too? Look Miss Cross, we cant really speak out in the open like this. I have a place where I know we wont be eavesdropped on. The pirates around here have ways of knowing what's going on that defy description."

At least Eileen was not pointing that bazooka of her's at me. We went back a few years we did, but I sure as hell didn't remember her looking anything like she did now. Then again, it was a few years since we had seen each other. And knowing what she was like, the dope with her was not what he seemed either. Yeah okay, he was green around the gills, but still, if he was hanging around Eileen, he had to amount for something.

Be interesting to find out actually.

Xazor Elessar
Oct 8th, 2002, 02:27:07 PM
The Knight eyed Marcus curiously, knowing very well what he had done to the men who were attemting to get into their hideaway headquarters. She smiled slightly and let her eyes fall to the floor as she thought.

"So what next? We're here...we have everything we need....and we need to get working."

She said softly....then just as a while before this, the Unborn kicked her again and the Knight winced slightly, wishing the child was not so active now. Xazor sighed and moved to a window, looking out over Coruscant. It was a beautiful city...but so much darkness loomed throughout it. Now it was up to them to save the Light and protect those who were unable. To protect those who knew nothing of Light and Dark and were consumed by the Darkness for their ignorance. She turned and set her gaze upon Marcus, smiling once again.

"It'll all work out, right? I mean....even with the way I am, and all that we'll be doing...it's going to be fine. In the end....we'll see what The Lost do as a whole....and hopefully....it'll all be for the greater good of the Galaxy."

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 10th, 2002, 02:29:13 AM
I narrowed my eyes, reaching out in The Force feeling if there was any deciet. I could tell he was telling the truth, so I lowered my gun. But not by much - there was no way in the hells of Yavin I was going to trust Paladin

And I guessed Oriadin wanted an explaination. I nodded for Hunter to lead off and I came closer to the Padawan, aiming my voice low so as Hunter could not hear.

"This is unexpected - it's an ex Jedi Padawan that Marcus used to look after named Gregori Paladin. Forgive me for being rather abrupt then, but he looks exactly like Marcus did a few years ago, something I was not expecting. Be on your guard Oriadin, things have a way of getting out of hand with Paladin. He's reckless"

Oriadin
Oct 10th, 2002, 02:41:14 AM
Oriadin glanced over at Paladin then looked back to his Master. He didnt speak, he just nodded. At least now he understood the situation a little better. Now, up until now, Oriadin had simply just followed where his master had led but now he was getting curious.

--What are we doing here master? What is our plan of action?--

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 16th, 2002, 05:18:39 AM
"Right now, we find out what Paladin knows about the pirates. Then, I am planning to find a way to set up an ambush on the ground. That may take a few days, so we will also bury ourselves into our disgusies, to add credibility to out presence. I sense we are not being watched, so when someone does to check our bona fides, we must appear legit. Oh and one more thing..... if it comes to a fight, then do not hesitate nor stay your hand. While most in the Order would say try to negotiate first, we are not dealing with people who negotiate with words. The strongest here are the ones with the heaviest fist"

I swung the assault gun to it's place on my back once again.

"And with Paladin here, we have a heavy fist indeed. He may be reckless, but he carries firepower that even a Jedi Master would have trouble with. And he does know what he is doing."

I didn't add that in my days in places like this, I was known as the b**tch from hell and for good reason. Anyone who got on the wrong side of me tended to lose arms. You didnt need a heavy fist if your opponent didnt have any.

Oriadin
Oct 16th, 2002, 05:59:17 AM
Oriadin listned carefully and gave the occasional nod to signify he understood. Hopefully things would rum relativly smoothly. He was a little suprised to hear his Master say when it comes to a fight, do not hesitate. Oriadin was a reasonably good fighter. There were better people but Oriadin always gave it his best shot and had a lot of heart.

He had been studying the same form used by Obi Wan Kenobie which was very defensive and made him almost invicable. The let down being that to defeat an enemy you had to wait for them to make a mistake. Oriadin wanted to use this form but perhaps develope it so it had a bit more of an edge. That, would take a lot more practise and sparring though.

Oriadin always prefered to negotiate rather than fight so the thought of not hesitating made the padawan feel a little uncomfortable. He was sure hed be ok though.

Paladin didnt look like much but Helenias made sure that Oraidin understood how dangerous this character could be. He would be weary.

--I understand Master--

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 22nd, 2002, 06:39:00 AM
"Good. Now, lets get going"

OOC : BTW, feel free to twist and turn the story as you wish. Surprise me even :angel

Oriadin
Oct 23rd, 2002, 04:58:08 AM
Paladin led the way with Helenias and Oriadin following on not far behind. They recived a few funny looks from the other people scattered about, going about thier work. It didnt take them too long to reach what looked like an old warehouse. This must have been the place Paladin described where we could talk.

The door was pushed open. The noise from the door gave some indication of how old the place was. It looked abandond too. The off white paint was peeling off the walls and there was a damp smell around the place. The air seemed a bit musky too. They entered a room with a table in the middle. It was a bit dull in there so Paladin switched on a light. They all came to a hault and Oriadin awaited patiently to what Paladin no doubt had to say.

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 24th, 2002, 01:31:52 AM
"Nice dive" I commented as Paladin led us in the room "Kind of expected something a bit more classy from you. Now, what the situation here?"