PDA

View Full Version : How the Other Half Lives

Vishan Korogoth
Sep 10th, 2002, 09:28:42 PM
"This is what the Jedi do on their off time? Be in a bar?" The man said as he swaggered in, blinking back laughter. It was bittersweet laughter that he wanted to let loose but he was a guest. So he'll act like one.

The lengthy black leather trench was flipped back to reveal a heavy blaster pistol. Vishan sighed and handed it over, acting all snotty about it. He liked the act though just as much as he liked the rule the NR implented here.

No one would be able to noticed that because of his arrogance that infected his gait all the way up to the point he sat down.

Baby blues flashed along with a toothy smile towards the barkeep.

"Alrighty. Gimme a bourbon on the rocks." He gave the barkeep a quick inspection with one eye closed and spun halfway around in his chair. He wanted a good look of the room and leaned back, enjoying the variety of alien and human alike. Some looked like Jedi. Quite the contrary to the garb worn by the Sith he was used to being around. It was unfortunate. Some of those Sith women were fine in those skimpy leather outfits, which almost, almost, outweighted the unpleasantries he had suffered.

He snorted to himself and shook his head, laughing. Who was he kidding? It was horrific that it was all one big ghastly joke of a dream at this point to him.

Regaining some composure, he went back to scoping out the area for anything of interest. First time in a Jedi Bar and Vishan didn't know what to expect.

Laine Eldarado
Sep 10th, 2002, 09:47:45 PM
"You seem rather sure of yourself."

::I sauntered over to the man, pulling out a chair and straddling it. Whether he wanted company or not, he had it. I'm just as capable of being arogant as this one seemingly was. After all, I was an Eldarado. I was used to being pampered.

Tucking a long strand of dark hair behind my ear, I flashed him a grin before taking a sip of the dark brew I carried. It wasn't bad but I wasn't fond of it. So much for trying something new.::

"I'm Laine. You have a name or should I make one up?"

Vishan Korogoth
Sep 10th, 2002, 09:56:15 PM
He returned that pompous grin with one of his own. "I dunno, Laine." He made sure to overly pronouce her name. "Maybe I'll like what you come up with."

The barkeep returned with his drink and Vishan reached behind blindly to grap the glass from the top. The glass was actually chilled. A nice touch, just like the company he recently aquired. Laine was pleasing to the eye but he didn't make it overly obvious he was checking her out. Sipping at his drink helped to hide that as well.

"So," he half smiled, letting his glass hang loosely off his fingertips. With a more pleasing smile, he asked. "What's that name gonna be?"

Laine Eldarado
Sep 10th, 2002, 10:04:45 PM
::I pretended to think about for a minute, staring at him mischieviously. I delivered my judgement with a wicked grin, head on my hands.::

"You look like a Dexter to me. Minus the glasses of course... "

::I shifted my gaze over him, not bothering to conceal it like he was trying to do. Men can be so naive.::

"...Or maybe Herman."

I leaned closer, lowering my voice slightly.::

"But I have a hunch you wouldn't take to those so why not tell me and kill the suspense, hmmm?"

Vishan Korogoth
Sep 10th, 2002, 10:10:40 PM
He lifted his glass up, pointing an acussing finger playfully at her, "You're really cute. But you already knew that. So what the hell."

It was too good to pass up and leaned forward, matching the distance Laine set the precedence for, and with a crooked grin answered, "Vishan's the name and I know." He leaned back and shrugged. "Wasn't worth the suspense."

Laine Eldarado
Sep 10th, 2002, 10:17:03 PM
"Vishan? Well I'm sure it will be a pleasure to make your aquaintence."

::I ran my finger around the rim of my glass, not taking my eyes off him. I was trying to make him uncomfortable but it didn't seem to be working. My left eyebrow raised coyly, a smirk stationary on my lips.::

"So tell me Vishan, you seemed mighty pleased with yourself when you walked in. Any particular reason or is that just you?"

Vishan Korogoth
Sep 10th, 2002, 10:28:41 PM
He was just in the middle of finishing off a sip as Laine's question surprised him. Vishan didn't spill anything, just needed to take that extra time in licking off a drop or too of bourbon that got away. "Listen darlin'. That's just me through and through because everyday that I live and can tell the tale, makes me a happy man."

It was obvious by the way that Laine was moving that she was either trying to get under his skin just because it was fun, or she was trying to play games with him for a reason. He was really hoping it was the former since this was probably the first fun filled conversation he had since coming to the Outer Rim.

One could hope as he took another drink, making sure that he kept locked on with those devious eyes of Laine's.

Laine Eldarado
Sep 12th, 2002, 07:15:59 PM
::I raised both hands innocently, a mock surrender.::

"You're an optimistic one aren't you? Didn't mean anything by it, just curious. Don't jump me."

::Adjusting the collar of my shirt, I cocked my head to one side. He was an interesting fellow. I liked that. Smiling for reason only I knew, I brought my own drink to my lips.::

"So besides the fact that you're into life, what else should I know?"

::I pointed a finger at him from around my glass, and bit my bottom lip playfully.::

"I'll bet you have a wife at home, three kids? You're probably a lawyer who only married because she got knocked up and now, in a desperate attempt to escape your loveless life, you come here and try to pick up the ladies. By night, Vishan, the cocky player. By day,"

::I paused to take a sip of beer, letting the words hang for a minute.::

"...Dexter, the mild mannered soliciter."

Vishan Korogoth
Sep 12th, 2002, 10:21:22 PM
He had to laugh, despite to how hard Laine hit home on one of the points. " I think you've been hangin' out in this Jedi bar too long. You're beginning to think you got some mental powers or somethin'."

This time the laugh that came was more nervous as if he was trying to cover up some bad memories. "Obviously you don't since you were wrong on all points. Probably don't want to know which ones but nice try."

Slapping his hand down he caught the attention of the barkeep, "Hey. Two beers over here." He paused, scrunching his eyebrows together. "And the good stuff. Not that swill you serve to strangers."

Half smiling, Vishan turned back around and spoke in a hush tone, "Travel as much as I do, I have had the worse tasting crap you can imagine."

He winked. "You and I deserve better. Right?"

Laine Eldarado
Sep 16th, 2002, 04:18:03 PM
::I nodded.::

"Oh, absolutely. Only the best."

::I laughed, shaking my head. Growing up on Rutan the way I had, I was used to high quality everything.::

"So you travel a lot? Well that's one thing we have in commen. I'm stuck her for the time being... My ship has decided to take a break. A long one."

Vishan Korogoth
Sep 16th, 2002, 05:51:46 PM
"Yeah, I'm stuck here myself." He said with a sigh. "No money makes this stay pretty permanent for awhile until I either scrounge up some cash mysteriously. Or, find a job."

The barkeep threw some napkins down and placed the beers on the counter for them. "Ship's on hiatus for awhile?" He asked, while picking up his beer. "Maybe I can help depending on what's wrong with it. Used to fly and fixed ships back on Corellia."

Laine Eldarado
Sep 18th, 2002, 04:41:54 PM
"What kind of work do you do?"

::I was curious. I myself wasn't fond of this planet, too grey. But like him, I was stuck for a while. At the mention of a previous employment I perked up. I hadn't wanted to use the credits I had for a mechaninc who'd more likely than not overcharge. But I can barely pilot, much less do repairs.::

"Would you be willing to take a look at her? I don't really know what's wrong... I fiddled with it but that didn't help at all."

Vishan Korogoth
Sep 18th, 2002, 05:18:06 PM
"Well," he stopped to take a sip of his beer, "if you call being an ex-fighter jockey for the Corellian government work, then there you have it." Laine could almost hear him wince with seeing the expression on his face. "Fiddled with it? What exactly does fiddled with it mean?"

Laine Eldarado
Sep 18th, 2002, 09:39:55 PM
"Ummm.... It just means that I took some tools and... And tweaked it a little bit. But the tweaking didn't work."

::I fiddled with my hands, guiltily. I'd probably done more harm than anything. But... who really cared? My head snapped up. That's right, it didn't matter. It was just a ship. I grinned at Vishan, though he was hardly aware of my thoughts::

"Ex-fighter huh? Did you quit or did they give Dexter the boot? If you don't mind my asking, of course."

::Whether he minded or not, I was asking.::

Vishan Korogoth
Sep 19th, 2002, 02:25:09 PM
"Well, I'm gonna have to figure out what kinda tweaking you did in order to know what was wrong in the first place." She probably made things worse as all beings do when they think they can fix a technical problem and they know nothing about ships. That wasn't on his mind anymore. It was on what to tell Laine.

Her question was predictable but needed to be answered. Vishan could try and dodge the question but she'll probably just keep poking and proding him for the information. "Neither." He looked away with a scowl, playing with condensation on his glass. "Sith came to Corellia. I look at it as early retirement since I wouldn't fight for them."

Laine Eldarado
Sep 24th, 2002, 08:18:09 PM
"Sith? I've met a few. They've got... Interesting ideas."

::I could tell it was a touchy subject. Didn't want to lose the line so I changed it quickly.::

"So, what do you want to do? What's your dream job, other than soliciting?

Vishan Korogoth
Sep 26th, 2002, 01:53:48 PM
Vishan snorted before bringing the glass back to his lips, "My dreams are dead, darlin'. No point in talkin' about them so I go wherever the galaxy takes me."

Laine Eldarado
Oct 7th, 2002, 06:20:29 PM
"Dreams don't die. They get replaced, but they don't die."

::I watched him carefully. Of course, I didn't believe that but that's just me. I like to be alone in my beliefs so converting others has become a hobbie.::

Vishan Korogoth
Oct 8th, 2002, 03:40:13 PM
He looked hard at Laine, not in malice or anything of the sort. They went from the jovial quality of seeing things into something cold and distant. Almost becoming callous in response to whatever he was thinking. "Trust me, Laine. They died. They weren't replaced."