PDA

View Full Version : Like to make a decent sig?

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 10th, 2002, 04:06:15 PM
Here a bit of a Howto that will help.

1) Use a decent image editor.

There's no two ways about this one - the better the tools, the better the work. Personal opinion is that Photoshop is the best, although it is insanely complex.

2) Never be afraid to experiment

You never know what weird effect you might come up with and when it will come in useful

3) Have a resonable idea what you want to achieve

But dont be surprised if the end result is nothing like what you mentally pictured. It works out that way sometimes - be flexible and open to ideas.

4) Start with a decent image(s)

The end work will be a direct result of what you have to work with. Find big, clear pictures, that are not too cluttered and are seperate from the background.

5) Initial settings

Satrt by creating a new image - I use 1400 points by 500, 200 pixels per cm resolution. That way I can get maximum quality when I resize to something more suitble for a sig. Create the image initally as a transparency.

And away we now go!

I'm writing this as I create a sig for Alpha. I have four pics to blend in and some text he wantsI' also using for the first time a PC instead of a loaptop, so this could be interesting.....

And here is the initial image I am going to be working from....

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 10th, 2002, 04:24:52 PM
Now, witht he original pic, I remove an edge so I can work with the pic. I magnigfy greatly then cut Tidus out of the pic like so....

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 10th, 2002, 04:32:57 PM
Now, erasing the rest of the image or simply doing free hand select around Tidus is dead easy. I do so and then cut tidus out, copying to my new limage as so.....

Xazor Elessar
Sep 13th, 2002, 08:09:30 PM
Question.....how do you cut someone out? :lol I am using the eraser currently.....but that's not working as great as you are doing. :lol

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 13th, 2002, 08:42:36 PM
The Lasso tool