PDA

View Full Version : Original Trilogy DVDs? Only on E-Bay...

Nupraptor
Sep 10th, 2002, 12:46:38 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1561935890

I'm assuming that they're bootlegs, for obvious reasons. Although I do have to admit that I'm curious as to what kind of quality they are. The seller claims that you can send them back if you're dissatisfied with them in any way. Also, as an added plus for the die-hard fans, it seems that these are not the Special Edition versions. Just thought I'd share.

JMK
Sep 10th, 2002, 07:14:15 AM
Those things are all over ebay. I'm curious too, and curse me, I almost bid on some, but held back. I think I can wait 5 more years for the official release. :(

darth_mcbain
Sep 10th, 2002, 07:25:14 AM
It is tempting, but you don't know what you're getting... I'm gonna hold off until they come out officially, whenever that might be...

JMK
Sep 10th, 2002, 07:53:55 AM
I just hope my VHS set lasts that long. I've had it for less than 2 years and already I can see how they're wearing out. Not to mention that they were nowhere close to DVD quality in the first place.

Starquest aka AndyR
Sep 12th, 2002, 08:53:51 AM
the only problem with waiting for the official release is the version you will get. special edition? super special edition with inserted footage? super califradulistickespyalidocious special edition with new alternate endings?

Lucasfilm has already said that they will be making changes to the OT so it fits in better with the prequals. only problem would be "what changes?"...

JMK
Sep 12th, 2002, 09:49:44 AM
Knowing Lucas, we'll get the SE's and prequels as we know them on DVD. Then he'll re-release them again with additions, then re-release the DVDs just because he knows people will buy them each time...

Doc Milo
Sep 12th, 2002, 12:46:23 PM
And he'd be right, JMK.

And then, twenty years down the line, he'll release the OT as it was before all the special editions, saying, "See them how they were originally..." or something like that... Thus making everyone's copy of the original OT on VHS -- which had become a collectors item worth mucho dinero -- worthless.