PDA

View Full Version : Want to avoid spoilers for EP3? Your chances just dropped

ReaperFett
Sep 9th, 2002, 12:17:53 PM
Filming Starts in March. So, basically scripts and spoilers will have a good two years to reach you. Joy:|

JMK
Sep 9th, 2002, 12:21:17 PM
Perfect!!!

Sarcasm anyone?

Do you remember if there were more leaks on TPM or AotC?

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 9th, 2002, 12:27:51 PM
I'd say they were about the same, but I can't remember for sure about TPM, I remember hearing about a lot of leaks for it.

JMK
Sep 9th, 2002, 12:32:37 PM
I can't evaluate it myself because I intentionally read every single spoiler for TPM whereas about 8 months before the release of AotC, I stayed away.

Sene Unty
Sep 9th, 2002, 12:34:39 PM
I am an idiot who always reads the spoilers. I can't help myself.....

ReaperFett
Sep 9th, 2002, 12:50:07 PM
Doesnt matter if you want to. Even with avoiding spoilers, I knew Dooku had the force, used a red curved handled sabre and was Darth Tyrannus

JMK
Sep 9th, 2002, 03:33:11 PM
Yes, I remember those spoilers. I knew them too without trying. By the time the movie came out, it was common knowledge. I think Lucas maybe wanted it to be a surprise to the audience when Sidious says "Welcome home Lord Tyranus". Then you'd put 2 and 2 together and figure out who hired Jango on the moon of Bogden. But no, it was totally wrecked. Hopefully in Episode 3 not that much happens except for Anakin's final turn, and the way in which the movie ends. With any luck, avoiding those 2 spoilers would be job #1 in my books.

Nupraptor
Sep 10th, 2002, 12:53:51 AM
I knew Dooku had the force, used a red curved handled sabre and was Darth TyrannusI never considered any of those "spoilers". A spoiler is generally a pivotal plot element, or something that the director is trying to keep a secret. I hardly considered his curved sabre a secret... especially since there were 100 people standing in line to see the movie with toy replicas of it.

The very first thing I heard about Episode 2 was that the new Sith was going to be called "Darth Tyranus".

And, since Lucas (or whoever does his marketing) deemed fit to use "Darth Tyranus" and "Count Dooku" interchangably, it was fairly obvious they were the same person. Just watching the trailers gave that away.

My rule of thumb: If it's in the trailers, it's generally not a spoiler. Not unless someone wasn't thinking straight when putting the trailer together.

My main spoiler came from a certain someone (glares at Lady De'Ville) mentioning the "special features" of the Anakin action figure. :grumble

JMK
Sep 10th, 2002, 07:12:08 AM
Hey, blame Jay Leno for that one. He let all of North America know about that one!:p

ReaperFett
Sep 10th, 2002, 09:12:15 AM
They DONT think when putting the trailers together. The SW trailers are always terrible by the final ones

JMK
Sep 10th, 2002, 09:35:18 AM
Hey, no one is forcing you watch them. You can always unplug your computer, turn off your tv and stop going to movies and then you'd be safe. :p

I didn't find these trailers to be too revealing. The biggest thing that happens is that Shmi dies, and there wasn't really any hint of that in the trailers. Sure it reveals alot of images, but they even managed to keep Yoda fighting a secret. It was the spies and reports that leaked that.

Nupraptor
Sep 10th, 2002, 10:54:53 AM
Hey, blame Jay Leno for that one. He let all of North America know about that one! :pBut I don't watch TV! I knew that the actions figures were spoiler-laden, so I avoided them. Then LD here made a comment along the lines of "Oh, you mean like how the Anakin action figure has his arm fall off?".

I am never going to leave her alone about that one. She has forever spoiler SW for me. :p

JMK
Sep 10th, 2002, 11:29:33 AM
Maybe she was referencing the defective Anakin figures that are out there?:uhoh

*Message to Lilaena: Feel free to pipe up at any time now. I'm starting to run out of ways to defend you here....:p "*

ReaperFett
Sep 10th, 2002, 02:09:10 PM
they even managed to keep Yoda fighting a secret. It was the spies and reports that leaked that
And the figure. And the Lego. And the CD cover. And interviews with George and Rick :)

JMK
Sep 10th, 2002, 02:40:58 PM
So again, stay out of toy sections, and music stores. :p
Seriously though, I could not find a Yoda figure anywhere until well after the movie was out. The cd cover didn't mean anything to me, I thought that maybe it was an illustration at that point rather than an actual screen grab. If you're really that serious about avoiding spoilers, there are ways to do it.

-No tv
-No net
-No toy section
-No cd covers
-No Rick
-No George

See? Its that easy! :D

ReaperFett
Sep 10th, 2002, 02:42:35 PM
No Rick? You know full well he'd break in to tell you the latest news!

JMK
Sep 10th, 2002, 03:08:45 PM
And tell you at length how the effects were done.

ReaperFett
Sep 10th, 2002, 03:11:27 PM
And LIE!

And call you a geek ;)

JMK
Sep 10th, 2002, 05:19:43 PM
And then tell you that nothing like that had ever been done before.

ReaperFett
Sep 10th, 2002, 05:31:08 PM
Because Lucas broke in and told you first ;)