PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question, stupid answer.

Da-Xia
Sep 8th, 2002, 04:57:07 PM
Ahem.

In this thread- http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22673

He says he is on TATOOINE at night, is that even possible, because I have read in one, or another, Star wars guide that Tatooine nights are extremely cold.

So can someone tell me how he is walking around in sub-zero temperatures and not suffering frostbite?

Admiral Lebron
Sep 8th, 2002, 05:11:33 PM
Qui-Gon & Anikan were sitting outside on a Tatooine night. No frost bite there.

Inu
Sep 8th, 2002, 06:02:34 PM
And as an adult Anakin rode the Tusken camp without freezing. All the Tusken were sitting outside too. It's not kill you freezing, but judging by the fires at the Tusken camp it should be somewhat cold.

Alpha
Sep 8th, 2002, 06:30:46 PM
Probably like winter night in New Mexico/Arizona cold. :)

Gouyen Chee
Sep 8th, 2002, 06:31:10 PM
It's a desert environment, so the temperature can swing 50 degrees or so in the course of a 24 hour day, but the nights are ususlly not anywherer near freezing unless the daytime temps are also cool. This comes from lots of experience in the Mojave desert -- heck, I was even born there -- so I figure it should also be applicable to Tatooine.

Gouyen the desert rat

Lord Gue
Sep 8th, 2002, 09:47:50 PM
then again, we know what position the planet is in system? It is a desert planet after all, could be relatively closer to the sun, thus making the nights very cold, like murcury has extremely cold nights on its dark side...

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 8th, 2002, 10:41:59 PM
Okay, the fact is the temperature in a desert drops very fast - but it does not get so cold that it would kill or maim you. It can be cold enough to be unplesant, but the fact is, you have the grounfd radiating the day's heat.

In a comparible place (The Simpson desert, Aus), temeratures get to 50C+, and 3 -4 C at night. That is hwat I would see Tattooine doing. Nothing that would give frostbite, not in the slightest.

Da-Xia
Sep 9th, 2002, 06:42:41 AM
It would give ME frostbite!

*is a wussy*

But okay, that sorta helps out. *goes to library and burns the lying guide*