PDA

View Full Version : NFL Wild Weekend

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 8th, 2002, 02:30:39 PM
Anybody watch the games wow, what a wild weekend, 2 OT games most of the games so far have been close, and then the KC-Cleveland game a shootout that came down to a personal foul, idiot Cleveland player threw his helmet on the field and gave KC a chip shot FG to win the game, have to say KC better stop people though they aren't going to make the playoffs giving up 30 points a game. Priest Holmes was amazing 4TDs.

Nathanial K'cansce
Sep 8th, 2002, 02:44:43 PM
I can't believe the Bills special teams allowed for two kick-off returns for TD's. Twas a good game, witha lucky catch by Moulds with only 30 seconds to go in the fourth to tie it up. I was pulling for the upset ... stupid special teams. *grumbles*

Jinn Fizz
Sep 8th, 2002, 03:26:10 PM
::also can't believe the Bills allowed 2 kickoffs to be returned for TDs:: :mad :x >_< :\ :verymad :cry

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 8th, 2002, 03:47:52 PM
Those two overtime game were bizarre too, and its still going on, Denver is beating the Rams 16-6 at haftime and Tampa is getting beat 13-3 at halftime by New Orleans, so far this weekend has been wild.

Figrin D'an
Sep 8th, 2002, 03:56:16 PM
Add to that a couple of impressive comebacks... Chicago comes back to beat the Vikings, and the Titans knock of the Eagles...

Great opening weekend. :)

Although, I'm watching Sampras-Agassi right now... ;)

JMK
Sep 8th, 2002, 04:01:26 PM
I hope you all saw what the Dolphins did to the Lions today! They did what Sampras is doing to Agassi right now...

JonathanLB
Sep 8th, 2002, 05:46:56 PM
YES! The Rams lost. That serves them right. Now the Niners are on top of their division and the Rams are already behind, ahh, JUST the way it should be.

The 49ers are obviously a better football team, IMO, and the Rams are just looking very shaky. Can't even beat DENVER. How pathetic.

Well I did horrible this week as far as my picks. I didn't even get 50% right. Better luck next week I suppose. But when it comes down to it, the first few weeks are rough anyway, and I would rather have been wrong about the Rams (I said they'd win) than right! Down with the Rams. BOOOO!

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 8th, 2002, 06:42:24 PM
I will add them up later, also for odd games what about the end to the NO-Tampa game wow, OT (the third one) and the game ends on the punter throwing an INT in the end Zone how weird is that, so there were two odd endings that one and the one in Kansas City. Also I watched PrimeTime and they interviewed the guy who took his helmet off, he said, he didn't know the rule applied to the way he did it, what a putz, I would have kicked him off for that. And now the Texans just scored 7-0 over Dallas, it would be weird if they beat Dallas it would be the first expansion team to win opening day since 61 (Minnesota) but the way the day has gone who knows what could happen.

Sene Unty
Sep 8th, 2002, 06:55:45 PM
I am so damn happy with my little Dolphins. They didn't even let it get close. 41-21. Oh and I picked the Rams to win too, but was very happy when they lost. For the last two seasons they have given me real scares because they always seem to go like 8-0. I can't let them have a winless season......that's a Dolphin record!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did see that Tampa Bay- NO game.....what a stupid ending to a pretty good game.

And damn.....the Texans are looking great!!!!!!!!!! I should have picked them.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Sep 8th, 2002, 06:56:11 PM
I lost a few that I should have won :mad :grumble :verymad

Figrin D'an
Sep 8th, 2002, 07:25:49 PM
Denver is a better football team that you may think. When Brian Greise plays well, they are very tough to beat, especially at home. He needed a little motivation today (Shanahan telling Buerleign to get ready to go in), but he got the job done in the end. Kudos to the Broncos defense for harassing Warner and shutting down Marshall Faulk.

I did pretty well with my picks... the comebacks by Chicago and Tenessee helped, and Denver getting the upset as well. I'm also surprised more people didn't pick San Diego to take the home opener from Cincinnati... Brees and Tomlinson could end up being a pretty productive combination.

11-3 so far... if Houston hangs on, I'll have a pretty good opening weekend... :)

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Sep 8th, 2002, 09:32:47 PM
I met Griese Sr. at a sports bar in Atlanta one time. My best friend and I had gone down for an exhibition game between the Falcons and the Phins and stayed at the same hotel that the Phins were at. It was awesome! Got to meet all the players and got some autographs, including John....oh....he was on the defense and now has a bagel shop....OFFENDAHL!!!!! Thats it!! I think.....lol. Whoever he was, omg, he was hot!! :):)

Anyway, Griese was drunk on his butt and to say the least, I wasnt impressed. And no, I wasnt drinking. I was there to watch the players :-D

Jedieb
Sep 8th, 2002, 09:41:49 PM
It looks like the Texans may embarrass my Cowboys by winning their first game. Good grief, does Quincy Carter SUCK!! He misses wide open receivers, forces the ball into double coverage, etc... He's an example of how Jerry Jones can single handedly shove a horrible player down Dave Campos' thoart. We wont even win 6 games if Carter starts every game this season.

Figrin D'an
Sep 8th, 2002, 09:54:13 PM
How many bad games do think it will take before Campo pulls Carter and puts in Clint Stoerner?

;)

Sorry, Jedieb, but I hate the Cowboys... thank you Houston for capping a great opening Sunday in the NFL. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 8th, 2002, 10:17:50 PM
I don't think it will take long, I bet if they lost two or three games he might pull the plug on Carter, he is awful.

dbn
Sep 9th, 2002, 01:15:44 AM
Yeah it sucked watching my boys lose today, but to be honest I am sort of use to that feeling for the last few years. After last season, I really don't know why they are keeping Carter. He seems to have ok days, and very bad days mostly. So, I do hope they have a good back up plan soon to get the Boys in the play offs=) Other than that, there have been some really good games played today.

Good news for you Denver fans. If you look it up, and see that every year that the NP goes to the super bowl Denver plays in the next one. So, there is something to look forward to for you fans.

JonathanLB
Sep 9th, 2002, 01:47:06 AM
I am glad I'm not a fan of such a hated franchise. The Cowboys suck and I also "strongly dislike" them, lol.

What a GREAT Sunday to see them get their butts kicked too and see the Texans win.

I saw some people, experts, predicting that the Texans would only win 3 games this year. I very much doubt it.

Sene Unty
Sep 9th, 2002, 07:43:16 AM
The Texans were hot last night. Man the Cowboys couldn't get anything going. It was pretty funny watching Carter play like crap....

Jedieb
Sep 9th, 2002, 09:41:46 AM
I think the former pitcher Chad H. is the backup. That's great, someone who's been pitching in the minor and major leagues for the last 4 years is the backup. He's still a better choice than Carter. They should have gone after Bledsoe. He had a monster game yesterday. If not for the typical Bills special teams collapse, the Bills should have won that game.

JMK
Sep 9th, 2002, 10:17:56 AM
I hope the Bills never win another football game! I can't stand them, but I hate them a little less now that they have Bledsoe. I'm glad he got another starting job after getting jobbed in New England.

Sene Unty
Sep 9th, 2002, 12:09:16 PM
Maybe Chad will be able to throw more accuratley. carter couldn't hit the side of a barn with a beach ball.

JMK
Sep 9th, 2002, 12:39:39 PM
Or a shotgun. From 20 feet away.;)

Sene Unty
Sep 9th, 2002, 12:43:36 PM
He'd probably end up hitting a tractor behind him......seriously does he have vision problems?

JMK
Sep 9th, 2002, 12:52:41 PM
In his defence, it is hard to throw and call plays when you have a Jerry Jones crammed up your rear...

Jedieb
Sep 9th, 2002, 01:02:16 PM
That cramming would explain how he managed to smooth the wrinkles on his face. I thought it was plastic surgery. But obviously it was the anal insertions into Carter and the rest of the Cowboys coaching staff. Thanks for the heads up JMK!

Sene Unty
Sep 9th, 2002, 01:02:32 PM
So that was what that was.......I was wondering why Carter had an 80 year old man shoved in his backside.

JMK
Sep 9th, 2002, 03:35:10 PM
I thought it was common knowledge! If you play for the Cowboys, you have to sign a waiver saying you won't sue for discomfort caused by geriatric old men wedged in the butt.

Sene Unty
Sep 10th, 2002, 12:09:00 PM
List of things to NEVER do:

1) Play for the Cowboys.

2) Cheer for the Cowboys.

3)Sign no waivers allowing old men to be lodged in butt.

There. I'm covered.

dbn
Sep 11th, 2002, 11:54:31 AM
The Cowboys rock, and forever be a great team to be on and be part of. I would say the biggest mistake that Jerry Jones ever made, was to kick out Jimmy Johnson. I believe if Jimmy was still their they would have won 5 Superbowls by now, and have a stronger team to work with today.

Sene Unty
Sep 13th, 2002, 12:16:52 PM
I would have agreed with you back when he was the Cowboys coach. Despite my loathing of the Cowboys then and now, Jimmy was a terrific coach. I still like the guy, but his failure to make the Dolphins Super Bowl champs stills peeves me. I mean they lost to jacksonville like 1 billion to 7. Grrrrrrrrr.

jjwr
Sep 13th, 2002, 09:22:52 PM
Carter was just plain awefull in the game, the Houston defense wasn't that good and their offense was very mediocre, the big difference was Dallas didn't have a QB.

The Rams will rebound, they came out flat, I can't see that happening too many more times. The Niners weren't much better, had they put out that effort against Denver they probably would have lost as well. I'm really suprised at how poorly all the big NFC teams played, Rams, Niners, Bucs......the Redskins, Falcons, Packers all look solid.

How about my Patriots? Anyone still think they're not for real? :)

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 13th, 2002, 09:42:08 PM
The Pats looked very good, I also think the Steelers will rebound, they are in an awful division, Baltimore and Cincinatti looked horrid on Sunday and Cleveland well there defense got shreded on Sunday. Pittsburg will probably take at least 5 of the 6 in there division and win 5 other games and win that crummy division. I am not so sure how far they would get in the playoffs though. I am curious about my Chiefs, they have the offense (I think Gonzalez is going to get better as the season goes on especially after signing that 7 year contract today) still, there defense needs to get better they can't give up 30-40 points and expect to make the playoffs.

BUFFJEDI
Sep 14th, 2002, 09:31:06 AM
My boy's lost to the texan's that sucks!!! they will have to for sure get a new QB ( that guy sucks.

but all that aside, I have not kept up with alot over the off season of who the cowboy's picked up and what not. But as I was watching the game they did a couple of shots of the players on the side line. 98% of those guy's looked like bum's off the street NOT high dollar pro's. I must say it will be hard for me to pull for the Cowboy's this year, I just can't fathom rooting for people who just reek of complete Nastiness.oh well life goes on , and they will win the super bowl or steal it one:(

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Sep 14th, 2002, 10:50:14 AM
Until the Cowboys get rid of thier idiot owner, they wont be a threat to anyone, not even my Momma!

Tom Landry...now there was a coach! Vince Lombardi (the greatest ever!!), Bill for the 9'ers, Madden for the Raiders. Those were coaches! George Seifert was good, too. Johnson wasnt bad ..... but he was a Cowboy :p

(sorry BUFF)

Sene Unty
Sep 15th, 2002, 05:16:03 PM
Hey the Cowboys looked tight today. They won!!! hell even Carter looked good.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Sep 15th, 2002, 10:18:32 PM
*scowls and goes off to shake her hookey-doo beads at a pic of the Dallas team* >D