PDA

View Full Version : The Sides Of A Circle

Sakoya Myst
Sep 8th, 2002, 02:09:47 PM
She clutched tightly onto her sword. It was obvious she was scared as she was shaking hard from head to toe. She couldn't move; her body wouldn’t let her. Cold sweat dripped from her forehead. The girl tried to run but she only slipped and fell to the ground. She was having a headache. She tried shaking her head but it only increased the pain. What was she to do when someone was trying to kill her?

She managed to quickly scramble to her feet and walk two steps backwards until she was pressed uncomfortably against the side of a building. It was a dead end.

"Wh- Wh- What do you want?!" she stuttered.

The green glowing eyes followed every movement of her body.

"Blood!" replied an eerie voice from under the hood. Its crooked hands reached out for her neck.

She slowly crept back and replied in a quivering whisper, "Why don't you go pick on someone else!"

"Because I only drink magical blood," replied the echoing voice, followed by an icy laugh. Its tone was sarcastic, almost mocking - his victim was making pathetic attempts at stalling for time.

The child frowned, she was genuinely puzzled by this answer. "I, I'm not magic," she mumbled.

The hand stopped.

"Don't lie to me! I sense magical blood in you."

Her eyes widened, how could she not know if she was magical? It must have been right for vampires have excellent senses. "But I can't do magic!" she finally squeaked, her voice still trembling.

"You can child, you are just lying." The hands continued reaching towards her throat.

The girl was terrified. She had never been this scared in her entire life. She closed her eyes, her heart beating fast. Suddenly the vampire screamed. It was on fire.

"You liar! You do have magic!" it screamed.

She was scared, she couldn’t have done this. The vampire burst into flames, leaving ashes scattered all over the ground. She didn’t understand what had just happened but it was best to forget about it. She tried her best to get it out of her mind; it must have been her imagination.

She sighed with relief. At least there was no one to kill her now. She got up and dusted herself, her headache now gone.

Her forehead was bleeding.

Vampyre Dalamar
Nov 13th, 2002, 10:45:34 AM
Ahh the test prove postitive. To bad about aranthol I will miss him. Leaning over the Ledge Dalamar saw the whole scene. Arching a eyebrow he considered how he would confront her. She seemed disoriented and confused. Waiting and watching he saw her turn around and leave. The Warlord saw his chance and leapt down behind her following her closely. "I will learn more before I take any foolish chances." he said to himself. Walking in the ashes of Aranthol the warlord did not notice, so intent on his prey as he was.

Sakoya Myst
Nov 30th, 2002, 10:57:46 AM
A girl of 11 and a half walked down the road, her hands pressed against her forehead. She didn't know where she was going, just so long as it was as far away as possible from that alley. Her name was Sakoya; she didn't know her entire name. She didn't even know who her family was.

She had been raised by a man named Vittorio. She didn't know how he came to become her guardian her for she didn't know anything about her personal history. He taught her certain forms of martial arts and sword fighting - to survive in the world around her. Vittorio and Sakoya were like brother and sister.

He cared for her and she cared for him.

Vittorio used to send her out in the evening to do the shopping and all while he stayed home. Sakoya wasn't allowed to know why, just that she was to leave at 7 in the evening and return two hours later. She looked at her wristwatch: 8:49. Out of sheer boredom, she started running straight ahead, around a corner and into a side street full of dingy little apartment buildings.

Slightly out of breath, she glanced down at her watch again. Still 8:49. She sighed and slowed down to walk, then decided to check the local grocers to spend some time. There were a few things she had to pick up from there.

She was just about to walk into the store when suddenly someone - Vittorio! - burst outside the double doors, almost bumping right into her, his vivid blue hair strewn all over his face. He was a handsome young man, at the age of 18. Sakoya had never really noticed this before, but with his gleaming crimson eyes sparkling in the faint moonlight, she could somewhat understand why so many girls chased after him.

He was gasping for air and was obviously very relieved to see her. Grabbing her by the arm, Vittorio dashed across the road and walked down the opposite pavement in a hurry. His voice was excited. "I forgot all about it! Come in, quick!"

"Forgot what?" asked Sakoya, confused.

"About tonight! This is a special day for vampires because they go hun…" Vittorio didn't get the chance to finish his sentence.

"Tell me Vittorio, today is a special day for vampires to go hunting for magical people, isn't it?" Sakoya broke in and finished his sentence for him.

"How do you know about magic?" asked Vittorio with obvious surprise.

"I happened to meet one today, trying to drink my blood and no one saw it." answered Sakoya. "It told me it only drank magical blood and I figured that vampires have better senses than humans. Anyways, you knew I had magic in me all this time, didn't you?" She was bubbling with curiosity. Vittorio was the only person who knew anything about her past, so he had to know about something this important, too.

Vittorio paused. "I'll explain everything later, but first let's get to the flat," he calmly replied at last.

She wanted to ask him many other things, but swallowed the questions back down and quietly followed behind. Sakoya always looked up to Vittorio, both as a rebel and as someone who couldn't be bothered by anything. He always knew what to do. But not now. She had never seen him look so worried in all her life.

Vampyre Dalamar
Dec 1st, 2002, 09:48:19 PM
The small child lit up the night to Dalamar's vampyre eye's. A red aura surrounded her the power of her magical blood clear to him only. She ran down the alley and out into the street. Dalamar leaped off the building into the night landing with a loud thud on the 3rd floor. Closer now to his prey he moved across the rooftops keeping track of her the whole time. Pulling out his sword he focused on a Sith spell to protect himself. Sliding his Katana out of its scabbard with practiced precision Dalamar prepared to end the girl's life and take the blood that Ashiva needed.

Growling slightly the Warlord resheathed his sword. Another person appeared nearly knocking his target over. Grabbing her the other seemed to sense the Vampyre's presence. He ran with obvious terror in the opposite direction. Throwing down curses to blacken the dark Dalamar leapt into the night sky. They ran into a building shutting the door behind them. "Ashiva will not be pleased!" Dalamar struck the wall and then patiently blended into the shadows. "I will wait little one I have all eternity and Ashiva will not be put off." All that would mark his presence was two glowing red eye's in the darkness.

Vittorio di Nocturne
Dec 20th, 2002, 05:08:48 AM
I could sense him near. Just as a vampire can smell the blood of a mortal or a witch, Guardians have the ability to feel the aura of darkness that only one such as Dalamar possesses. Yes, I know his name. The Elders warned me of his possible interest in Sakoya. The stench of evil was overpowering... but fear can have a strange effect on people. As I blindly rushed out of the greengrocer's wide double-doors, I almost walked straight into her. Without wasting any time on explanations, I quickly grabbed her shoulders and pulled her down the street, towards our building.

"I forgot all about it! Come in, quick!"

I slammed the door shut behind us. Sako was looking absolutely mystified and muttered a range of questions, some of which caught me by surprise. Whispering a few words of comfort in order to calm her down somewhat - attention was the last thing she wanted to attract to herself right now -, I reached over to the lone window in the small flat to draw the shutters closed. But after my fingers had tightened around the cord, they froze. My eyes widened with panic.

Gleaming in the darkness of the tenement block were two vivid red orbs. The eyes of a vampyre. Warlord Dalamar.

He was here.

Vampyre Dalamar
Dec 27th, 2002, 11:23:03 PM
Knowing that he was sensed Dalamar leapt to the lower level. Like an iron hard boulder he sunk into the ground. Not stopping to admire his impression in the earth he moved towards the building. The doors where sealed shut. Sliding his silver worked Katana from its black sheath he plunged it into the crack in the door. A few words of Incantation was on his lips as his sword crackled with energy. Using a force push with the mystical nature of his unbreakable blade's he force the doors.

"You cannot hide from me little one, Ashiva will have her prey thou hell bars my way." Running down the hall like a dark shadow he found the room which the child was held in. Again the sword was drawn the silver crackled with energy. Dalamar's mouth watered the hunt was swinging into high gear and nothing wetted his appetite like a fresh kill. "Come out, come out wherever you are MY Precious. I wouldn't want to mar you with unneccesary violence."