PDA

View Full Version : Membership

KorloMalar
Sep 7th, 2002, 05:32:00 PM
Greetings,
I would like to join. Please direct me to where that is possible.

-Korlo Malar

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Sep 7th, 2002, 08:06:49 PM
Korlo, Hera DrenKast is the boss here, this is her place and she runs it with an iron fist.

Why dont you tell us a little about yourself and we'll go from there? How long have you been smuggling, what weaponry you prefer, do you have you own ship, how many times have you had to dump a cargo...stuff like that.

Hera will be around soon enough and read your reply, then she can get in touch with you.

DarthHERA
Sep 8th, 2002, 03:35:49 PM
"Greetings Korlo Malar"

As hera entered the room she nodded to her trusted friend Daiquiri and then circled around, examining the new arrival.

"You wish to contract to ShadowFaene?"

She rubbed her chin thoughtfully.

" I have gone over your history details that you submitted to the Base. I dont think I have ever met a Stennes Shifter before."

Korlo had answered some of Daiqs questions in his history, but she had not had a chance to read it. It would be good to hear the mans details in his own words, as Daiq had asked.

She gestured for Korlo to take a seat.

"Why dont you tell us how you came by our Base and what it is you think you would be joining?"

KorloMalar
Sep 8th, 2002, 04:45:17 PM
Korlo looked at her and settled back in his chair as he recounted exactly how he had come this group.

"I had been serving in the Navy for several years as a Special Operative. As you know that means a lot of intelligence gathering. The name of this organization came up several times. Now, I didn't run any operations against you of course, otherwise I would not show my head to you, for fear you might seek to purchase it by violent means. I researched this organization and found out exactly what it was about. I am quite intrigued, being a Force-Sensitive individual I would greatly like to be in a place where they do not seek the "betterment of mankind" like Jedi so actively and openly do."

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Sep 8th, 2002, 06:46:59 PM
Daiq discretely closed the door to the office, curious to hear what Malar had to tell. Hera often asked her opinion on situations and people and staying informed was part of her job. Had the Faene mistress wanted this interview condusted in private, she would have asked Daiquiri to leave.

"Researched this organization". She wondered if Hera had picked up on that. Just how well known was SFF and who all knew about it. For the most part, they had tried to keep as low a profile as possible.

His open statement of being Force-sensitive was interesting as well. Depending on which way Hera went with this, they would find out just how sensitive Malar really was.

DarthHERA
Sep 8th, 2002, 10:14:30 PM
Well, that was interesting..

He knew of some of SFF's exploits did he? It made Hera wonder what other information he may be privy to.

She slid a glance over to Daiquiri to see how she was sizing Korlo up and whether she had any misgivings as of yet.
Nothing telling yet, it seemed.

"So then, what do you think you can bring to this outfit that we dont already have Mr. Malar. Why would be hire you?"

KorloMalar
Sep 9th, 2002, 08:44:00 PM
Korlo leaned forward in his chair and looked directly in her piercing eyes.

"Professionalism. I madame, am an expert at what I do. Professional killer, not much of a profession but it's better then a desk job, I'm sure you'll agree. I not only have the proper equiptment, I have thousands upon thousands of contacts, both legit and not so legit. I have a reputation for getting the job done, and I have an understanding of other people."

If Hera was impressed she didn't show it.

"Also, I employ psychological techniques. Get me an enemy and I bet I can make him an ally within a month, without bribery or threats. My intense interrogation training has made me very affective at such tactics."

DarthHERA
Sep 9th, 2002, 10:53:24 PM
SFF was not in need of killers, that was a certainty. Every single member was more than capable of handling themselves in any given situation. Most of them were Sith, but not necessarily so, and each brought to the outfit their own unique specialty of modis operandi. Every single person that had been hired by the Faene Mistress had proven their worth repeatedly over time and experience. Most she had known for years and were tried and true friends. Others she had done a couple of jobs with prior to their working for SFF.

Smugglers/Pirates/Scoundrels the lot of them - and they were among the best and most deadly of such to be found.

As for contacts - well, one could never have enough of those. And a new face with a new background always opened up new possabilities.

However, a new face always posed new threats also. Threats in regard to trust, capability, reliability. ShadowFaene was a group of individuals that could operate solo or as a unit and know each and every one would keep their post regardless of events.

And Korlo was an unknown in this regard.

His credentials were impressive, even if his weapons, to Hera, seemed excessive for one who had such combat ability. But Hera wanted more. She wanted to see this individual in operation first hand.

"Before I agree to hiring you, perhaps we should arrange a little "active" reference Mr Malar. How does that strike you?"

KorloMalar
Sep 10th, 2002, 02:47:57 PM
"That depends madame, on what you mean by. Active reference."

DarthHERA
Sep 10th, 2002, 08:55:40 PM
She sat pensive, interlaced fingers tapping her lips lightly in thought and then the lowering of her hands revealed a faint smile tugging at the corner of her mouth.

"How are you at stealing ships?"

KorloMalar
Sep 11th, 2002, 02:36:00 PM
Korlo smiled, "Well, how many ships would you like stolen? And perhaps you would like those all at once?"

DarthHERA
Sep 12th, 2002, 11:21:21 PM
She chuckled lowly - Korlo had the bravado down atleast, that much was obvious.

"Just one ship. Had my eye on it for some time. Its called "The Flying Dutchman" and it belongs to a notorious bounty hunter. Soon to belong to a notorius Sith Smuggler, I hope." She grinned.

"It currently is docked in Kuat. Ever been there?"

Katanor
Sep 13th, 2002, 02:45:42 PM
Korlo remembered in an instant.

"Yes ma'am, I was on recon duty on the surface. The Flying Dutchman eh? I would be happy to oblige."

DarthHERA
Sep 14th, 2002, 04:56:23 PM
ooc: Im taking it katanor is your alternate nic, korlo :)

IC:

"Good"

Hera and Daiq exchanged a quick glance to one another, Daiquiri nodding almost imperceptibly.

"Daiquiri will accompany you. "

Hera did not elaborate on her reasons why Daiq would also be going along, but left it up to Korlo to draw his own conclusions.

Hera stood, indicating the interview was at an end.

"The next time I see your charming smile Mr. Malar, I trust will be when you deliver me my "new" ship. "

KorloMalar
Sep 14th, 2002, 05:16:48 PM
(ooc: yeah sorry about that)

Korlo flashed her another grin.

"You can count on it M'Lady. Thank you very much for this opportunity. Lady Daiquiri, I believe you and I now have some planning to do." Korlo shook the hand of Hera and walked over the Daquiri.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Sep 14th, 2002, 05:47:25 PM
Daiquiri shook her head but grinned at Malar.

"Correction. You have some planning to do. Im just along for the ride. This is your baby!"

Still grinning, she opens the office door allowing Malar to pass on out into the hall. Looking back at Hera, she jerks her head in the hangars' direction.

"Which ship you want us to take? Mine or one of the others?"

DarthHERA
Sep 14th, 2002, 06:25:39 PM
"You can take whichever one (http://pub8.ezboard.com/ftheacropolisfrm7.showMessage?topicID=16.topic) you are comfortable with Daiq - or perhaps Korlo prefers to use his own.

The choice is up to him."

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Sep 14th, 2002, 06:33:37 PM
Daiq turns her head, looking at Malar expectantly.

"Your choice, my friend."

DarthHERA
Oct 19th, 2002, 01:41:08 AM
korlor is taking a long time to make up his mind on which ship eh.. :D

Katanor
Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:13:55 PM
OOC: I'm extremely sorry with my complete lack of response. It was very rude of me and I hope you accept. I have been having difficult family troubles (deaths and divorces) and have become increasingly active as the Co-Webmaster of a site. I am sorry to say that I cannot take this job on as I have the role of Katanor Freestar in the Empire to take care of as well. I'm very sorry to all that are involved and I hope you understand.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Oct 23rd, 2002, 10:52:11 PM
No apologies are needed. We all know that RL takes precedence over board life at all times.

Im terribly sorry to hear of your misfortunes and I hope that your situations arent too much for you to bear.

If at any time you need an ear to bend, you know where to find us. Good luck and you have my best wishes!

Daiq

(It was very sweet and thoughtful of you to let us know. Thank you:))

DarthHERA
Oct 26th, 2002, 04:46:51 PM
No worries Korlor - and again, what Daiq said. Sorry to hear about your RL stuff, and you're free to come by here and hang out OOC etc.

thanks for updating us tho :)