PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION: Farscape Fans

Drin Kizael
Sep 7th, 2002, 01:57:10 PM
I'm still numb from the news, but ... Farscape has been cancelled. The Sci-Fi Channel exercised their "out" clause in their contract and opted to not pick up Farscape for a 5th season.

Guys, this was one of the few things on TV I watched AT ALL. It was one of the few things on TV these days that's even WORTH following, IMHO.

We can't let this happen. This show has a huge, incredibly loyal fan following. The writers and producers had no idea they were being cancelled until the axe fell yesterday. The reasons for it being cancelled are unclear, but it's not beyond hope yet.

David Kemper and Brian Henson are encouraging fans to voice their support and write in. Watch the final episodes of season 4 when they air to help ratings. Buy the DVDs.

This show is worth it. It's easily the most creatively charged science fiction on television. Last weekened I lent the Farscape marathon to a friend who had never seen the show before. He ended up watching all 20 hours of the show in 2 sittings. The show is that damn good.

Please, sign the petition linked below. I'm normally not an advocate of Internet petitions, but I'll try anything. Write the Sci-Fi Channel. Keep this show on the air.

The petition: www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/SAVE_FARSCAPE/

Address:
Bonnie Hammer, Senior Vice President of Programming
c/o Sci-Fi Channel
1230 Avenue of the Americas, F115
New York, NY 10020-1513

Email:
Prgramming: program@www.scifi.com
General Feedback: feedback@www.scifi.com

If you watch another show on sci-fi--mention it. It shows you're interested in the network, not just one show.

Keep it short, sweet and professional.

Point out that Farscape has been a consistent ratings winner.

This is a Saturn Awards winning show.

If you provide them with your age, gender, race and occupation your letter gets a higher "hit value" than one without this info.

Kitty McQuade
Sep 7th, 2002, 03:01:39 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

:: runs to sign her name ::

TheHolo.Net
Sep 7th, 2002, 03:01:57 PM
:( :mad

Petition signed.

Aki
Sep 7th, 2002, 03:46:07 PM
*doesn't understand Farscape, but signs anyways*

Lord Gue
Sep 7th, 2002, 04:08:00 PM
Gah, I stoped watchin since season 3, but I signed, its a good show

Verse Dawnstrider
Sep 7th, 2002, 06:35:22 PM
I signed as well. I have seen maybe 10 episodes (I was always working) and it confused me, but what I saw makes me want to by teh DVD's so bad it isn't funny. Now all I need is money.....

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 8th, 2002, 05:17:54 AM
;; signs ;;

Emily Rochette
Sep 8th, 2002, 05:18:31 AM
:cry They can't do that! Why couldn't they cancel Lexx or something like that! Lexx is awful! It deserves to be canceled!

;-;

Alpha
Sep 8th, 2002, 09:41:55 AM
I signed it...Sci-Fi needs to be kicked!!!

imported_Natia Telcontar
Sep 8th, 2002, 11:30:36 AM
Signed it even though I have watched maybe a half dozen episodes since I actually don't have a tv or even a comp of my own.

*puts a paper bag over her head so ppl don't recognize her*

Zasz Grimm
Sep 9th, 2002, 06:48:00 AM
I have followed every season except the last one, haven't followed the new one that much, sadly, missed it alot.

But will sign it.

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 9th, 2002, 07:15:24 AM
:: Lack of caring ::

Dont watch TV, dont even have one.

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 9th, 2002, 07:55:21 AM
I've seen half an episode

Sene Unty
Sep 9th, 2002, 08:21:52 AM
I watched a few episodes on DVD....twas a pretty good show.

Jehova Eaven
Sep 9th, 2002, 11:17:49 AM
Chris is obsessed.... but I don't really watch tv.... I'll sign a little later.