PDA

View Full Version : A Friendly match-up (Sarr Koon)

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 6th, 2002, 02:52:14 PM
Terran and Sarr had agreed to meet in the clearing behind the old temple--where he and Verse had done some training--for a bit of sparring. It would be a time that the two could show each other some skill and prepare themselves for their next meeting with their Master.

As his friend arrived, Terran smiled widely. He was always happy to see Sarr. They had become good friends knowing that they would be training and growing in the Force together, under Master Dawnstride.

"Sarr!" He called out to his friend and embraced him. "How are you on this day?"

Sarr Koon
Sep 9th, 2002, 09:35:04 PM
"I am doing good Terran, how about yourself?"

Sarr was pleased to see his new friend so soon. He would enjoy a friendly spar with Terran. The Kel Dor wasn't very skilled against fighting people with the Force as their ally. Sarr knew that Terran would not hurt him much, however.

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 11th, 2002, 03:50:45 PM
"I'm excellent. The Force--" he took a deep breath "--is so strong here. It is truly amazing." He began to open a pack he had gotten from the Academy. It had several weapons--wooden swords, nunchuks, staffs, daggers--many prectice weapons. It also had a device created for Jedi--a practice saber. It reacted only to another of it's kind and merely stunned the flesh when someone was hit.

"What do you want to start with?" Terran questioned the man, letting him look over his options.

Sarr Koon
Sep 11th, 2002, 08:34:32 PM
Sarr replied to the first statement Terran had made.

"Yes, the Force is strong here. Being here is truly wonderful."

The Kel Dor looked over the assortment of different weapons thinking which one would be best to start off with...

"Well...the wooden swords or the practice sabers would be good for now. We don't want to hurt each other to badly if we make contact."

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 12th, 2002, 08:32:02 AM
"Right you are, friend. Wooden swords it is!" He drew the two medium sized wooden blades from the pack and tossed one to Sarr. He wanted to see where Sarr was in his combat training. Terran was regaining his combat skill at an incredible rate--due to the fact that he had been a Sith and was trained very harshly in the deadly arts. It was now like remembering how to ride a bike--he had fallen off a few times, but he almost had the hang of it again.

"Well?" He stood less than two meters from Sarr. "Are you ready for this?" He smiled playfully with a sharp look in his eyes. Many others that had trained with him--Xazor, Verse, Dios--knew what this look meant. Sarr would soon know as well.

He opened up swiftly, swinging straight for Sarr's torso, seeing if the Kel Dor would go for a block or a counter...

Sarr Koon
Sep 12th, 2002, 06:07:34 PM
The Kel Dor caught the wooden sword Terran tossed at him.

"Well?" Terran said. "Are you ready for this?"

Sarr was a little taken aback at the look he saw in Terran's eyes. Before he had time to ponder this strange occurence, Terran swung his wooden sword straight at the Kel Dor's mid-section. Before he had time to react, the sword struck him right on his left side.

Sarr cried out a little as the pain shot through his body. He responded quickly and whipped around fast with the sword aimed directly at Terran's right arm.

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 13th, 2002, 08:43:41 AM
The Kel Dor took the first swing to his torso painfully--Terran guessed it would be the last he would let in. The man just needed time. It was all about reading the other, Terran thought. Nothing more than action and reaction. Soon enough, Sarr would be making him do the same.

As the swing came in, Terran brought his sword up swiftly to block. The combat raged on--swinging and blocking, swinging and blocking. Already, Sarr was feeling out his own rythym. Terran was impressed.

Time to throw a new element into this equation.

As Sarr came in with a slash to his head, Terran blocked high, pushing his friend's sword above his torso. With his body extended as such, Terran unleashed a swift shove from the Force, pushing the Kel Dor warrior off of his feet and back a few meters. Terran took a defensive position, to see how his friend would react.

Sarr Koon
Sep 13th, 2002, 04:56:46 PM
Sarr landed on the hard floor directly on his back. The pain extended throughout his entire body. He could only blame himself however, for giving Terran the opportunity. Getting slowly to his feet he assumed an attack position.

"Very good, Terran. That was an excellent move."

He commended Terran truthfully. That move had indeed been very good.

The Kel Dor jumped high and came down with a slash aimed right in the middle of Terran's head. He used his momentum to enhance the power of his strike.

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 15th, 2002, 01:01:08 PM
Terran watched the move patiently-- waiting...waiting...waiting. NOW!

It was truly a difficult task to time a block like this just right. He watched the other's flight, waiting for the right time to block. As Sarr came down, Terran put his saber up for the block. The Kel Dor suprised him greatly, his power amplified by the jump. As Terran blocked, the force off the other's saber came down so hard that he had to sidestep to avoid the momentum of the saber carrying into his body.

"Excellent shot," he said breathing hard. "Nice momentum. You almost had me." He laughed and turned to square up with the man. He regained his strength and opened with another slash--simple and direct as the two got back into the melee.

Sarr Koon
Sep 15th, 2002, 05:18:42 PM
As he was still recovering from his last stirke, Terran's slash caught him right in the left shoulder. He felt his flesh go numb briefly as the saber struck him. Sarr stood up straight for a moment.

"That was a great move Terran. If this were real, I would have no arm."

Sarr laughed briefly and then resumed an attacking position and aimed a slash at Terran's shoulder like he had just done him.

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 17th, 2002, 10:05:42 PM
As the Kel Dor came in with the strike, Terran caught the wooden blade with his own for a swift parry. He threw his weight into the block and pushed the man back a step or two. Stumbling, Sarr caught his balance--just in time for an uppercut to the chin from Terran's sword hilt.

As the warrior's snapped back, Terran came in low with a sweeping kick, to put him on his butt. Sarr suprised him by avoiding the sweep with expert agility, making Terran roll back into a defensive position.

"Wow, nice jump. I missed you by an inch!" Terran was impressed and let the warrior make the next move.

Sarr Koon
Sep 17th, 2002, 10:28:18 PM
The uppercut from Terran's sword hilt connected directly underneath his chin, just avoiding his anti-ox mask. Sarr knew that Terran had intentionally missed hitting his mask. Without it, the Kel Dor would only stay alive as long as he could hold his breathe.

Terran attempted a sweeping kick intending to knock him off his feet. But using the innate Kel Dor dexterity he jumped up just in time to avoid Terran's leg. Terran rolled back and into a devensive stance.

"Wow, nice jump. I missed you by an inch!"

Sarr was gracious at the praise from Terran.

"Thank you, my friend."

Sarr supposed Terran was waiting for him to attack...so he did. The Kel Dor twirled the sword once around his head with both hands and aimed another blow at Terran's right side.

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 18th, 2002, 05:50:27 PM
The slash came down swiftly--it was very well done, with grace and style on the part of Sarr that Terran was quite impressed. Terran decided to put some finesse into his own move. As Sarr's sword came crashing down, Terran shifted his body to the side and put his back near the warrior. He brought his sword behind his back and let the momentum of Sarr's attack come into it. He guided the weapon close to him and hooked the sword in a way that he had more leverage than the Kel Dor.

Now the combatants were arranged as such: Sarr, body perpendicular to Terran. Terran then thrust out with a sidekick, pushing the other backward. While doing so he pushed down hard on Sarr's weapon so that one of two things would happen: Either A) he would fall straight down as his momentum pulled both his body and weapon to the ground, or B) he could let go of his sword and regain balance.

In one swift second, Sarr's mind calculated the options and would have to choose.

Sarr Koon
Sep 18th, 2002, 06:40:43 PM
The Kel Dor knew immediatly what me must do. He dropped the sword and let it fall to the ground. Sarr regained his balance quickly. Jumping into the air he did a backflip and landed on his feet not to far away from Terran. He stared briefly at the wooden sword by Terran's feet. Sarr looked up and bowed low to his friend.

"Nice move, Terran. That was most unexpected."

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 19th, 2002, 01:27:05 AM
"Thank you my friend. I want to challenge you," he said with a grin on his face. "Sarr--reach out and take your sword back. Not with your hands, not with your body--with the Force. Work together with the air to bring it back to your own hand." Terran wanted to see if Sarr had learned any control over the living Force around him.

If so, he would be quite pleased. He didn't know how far Verse and he had gotten with training. He did know, however, that Sarr could do it--he was sure of that. It would take only the Kel Dor warrior to believe in himself.

Sarr Koon
Sep 19th, 2002, 06:03:56 PM
"I will do what you ask my good friend."

The Kel Dor knew that he could not try do something using the Force. He must do it, for he knew that he would fail if he didn't believe in his abilities. Master Dawnstrider had taught him that.
Sarr reached out his hand towards the wooden sword at Terran's feet. He felt the force flow through his body and he reached out with it and enveloped the sword. Then he called out with his mind and pulled it to him. The sword left the ground and flew straight into his hand.

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 20th, 2002, 09:01:26 AM
Terran smiled widely. His friend was becoming such a strong warrior--like himself. He was learning skills that many took longer to gain. Terran thought about what it meant and he knew exactly what it meant--Their Master, Verse, was truly a great teacher.

"You did it! Believe, Sarr. That's all it takes." He smiled again at his fellow trainee and friend and then the spark retuned to his eyes. It was time to continue the fight. Now, Terran would pick up the pace.

He swung out with his sword--Sarr blocked. Another swing, blocked, two more--blocked. The battle became swift and fierce as the two engaged in quick, close combat. The attacks did not cease as the two gained speed. Slash--block, stab--parry, counter from Sarr--blocked, slash from Sarr--parry--all taking place in mere seconds.

Then, Terran reared back and unleashed hard thrust towards Sarr's right arm with his sword, seeing how well he would adapt after the adrenaline rush they just had.

Sarr Koon
Sep 22nd, 2002, 03:11:18 PM
The Kel Dor nimbly jumped to the side as the point of the sword came towards his arm. The sword missed him by maybe half an inch. With Terran's arm extended across his body, Sarr aimed a slash with the broad side of his sword at the middle of Terran's back.

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 22nd, 2002, 10:24:31 PM
The thrust missed and, before Terran could react, Sarr pulled an excellent move, laying the sword into his back. He felt the blade slap against his back and stopped. His head turned to face Sarr.

"Nice move," he said, wincing a bit from the pain. "You had me! Great work!"

Sarr Koon
Sep 22nd, 2002, 10:38:30 PM
"Thank you my good friend. It seem as though the force was guiding my actions. It was truly a wonderful experience."

The Kel Dor wasn't sure if he wanted to continue to spar with Terran, or perhaps call it a day. After thinking on it for a few seconds, he decided a few more rounds of sparring would be more beneficial.

Sarr opened up this time with a strong thrust towards Terran's abdomen.

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 23rd, 2002, 09:03:46 AM
Terran countered and brought the momentum of Sarr's attack back at him, making his wrist bend backward. It wasn't too forceful, but it wasn't pleasant.

It was time to turn the tempo up a bit.

He brought his foot around for a sharp kick to his side. As Sarr began to stumble back, Terran swung himself around and pulled his sword to his side, thrusting strongly in a powerful backslash.

Sarr Koon
Sep 24th, 2002, 10:45:07 PM
The Kel Dor brought his sword up to parry but he was still recovering from the kick Terran landed on his side. His block wasn't that strong and as his sword collided with Terran's, his hand got jarred and barely deflected Terran's slash.

Sarr thought he should try a kick and see how Terran reacted.

He spun around quickly and aimed a kick at the middle of Terran's stomache.

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 25th, 2002, 09:12:37 AM
The Kel Dor blocked the backslash gingerly--although barely--and Terran began to bring his body around for a cross slash. He would give it a good swing and hope that Sarr got out of the way. But if he didn't, he knew the consequences. As he turned for the swing--

WHACK

He took a boot to his stomach--an excellent move that he hadn't anticipated--and stumbling backwards. Not knowing whether or not Sarr was used to any type of martial arts, he hadn't expected a bold move like a kick. His stomach hurt after the force of Sarr's poweful leg. He was impressed.

He was, however, not discouraged.

He recovered from the kick and, spinning to face him, unleashed a small combo. He came in with his sword--which Sarr blocked. He then came across with his left hand to elbow Sarr in the side of the head. The was followed by a backhand with his forearm against the same spot. He would see how the Kel Dor would react.

Sarr Koon
Sep 25th, 2002, 08:33:30 PM
Terran's forearm struck him in the face and snapped his head back and to the side. The feeling was far from pleasant. The pain subsided quickly enough.

"Excellent Terran. Farily well place forearm."

He massaged the spot on his head where Terran had struck him to show it had indeed been effective.

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 25th, 2002, 10:02:59 PM
"I'm sorry for the pain, Sarr. I guess it's just that I don't want to go easy on you and risk not helping you grow as a warrior." He spoke with genuine words. He hoped Sarr would understand.

Sarr Koon
Sep 26th, 2002, 05:52:59 PM
"That is very well said Terran. I understand fully what you mean. Would you like to continue sparring or call it quits for now? I'll leave the choice up to you."

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 27th, 2002, 09:36:55 AM
"Maybe we should take a break," he smiled softly. He reached to Sarr and threw his arm across his shoulder. "I think we've had enough fun beating each other up today!" He chuckled, his stomach aching in the spot where Sarr had kicked him before.

"Why don't we resume another time?"

Sarr Koon
Sep 29th, 2002, 02:56:11 PM
"Yes, another time we will resume. I am aching in several places right now."

Sarr's jaw and head still hurt from where Terran had connected with good hits.

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 29th, 2002, 04:31:37 PM
"Sounds good, my friend. Take care of yourself." He threw his arm over his friend and chuckled. "You were a formidable opponent today, Sarr. Master Verse will be pleased with your advancements in training for sure."

Sarr Koon
Sep 29th, 2002, 08:21:17 PM
"Thank you, Terran. I hope to get even better with more help from you and Master Dawnstrider in the future."

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 30th, 2002, 11:00:39 PM
"You will, my friend." He smiled, and gave Sarr a squeeze. "You will. I'm sure Master Verse will have plenty in store for us."

Sarr Koon
Oct 1st, 2002, 07:09:38 PM
"I hope to be even more of a challenge to you the next time we spar."

imported_Terran Starek
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:09:35 AM
Terran smiled and agreed. He knew Sarr would be--he was shaping up to be a fierce warrior. Master Verse would be impressed with their skills.