PDA

View Full Version : I'm BUMMED

BUFFJEDI
Sep 5th, 2002, 07:28:21 PM
You know , since for the last few weeks or so I really have had nothing to do but sit around and watch tv, or read:( and think YIKES!!!!!!!!

and to show how much a Starwars freak I am , I thought alot about episode 3. Now I look SOOOO forward to it, more than almost anything that I can think of(maybe having kids ) . And I can't help but feel sad. When Episode 3 comes and goes THAT"S IT!!! no more , done finished ka-put.No more feeling of excitement to the next movie, no more trying to figure out what Lucas is going to doi in the next one, no new line of toy's etc etc..Now I know there are more important things going on in the world BUT to me the end of Starwars is just horrid.CMJ, JON , FILM .. you guy's need to get a move on and pick up where Lucas leave's off. ANyway just thought i'd share :)

CMJ
Sep 5th, 2002, 07:33:09 PM
Thanks for the pressure buff. ;)

JMK
Sep 5th, 2002, 07:33:14 PM
Buff, you really are bored! I can send you a coloring book or something? ;)

Seriously, there won't be any new movies, but there will be re-releases, DVD's, and eventually some kind of new media SW to watch.

ReaperFett
Sep 5th, 2002, 07:36:54 PM
And there'll be toys :)

BUFFJEDI
Sep 5th, 2002, 07:42:28 PM
:lol
sorry CMJ, I just figured one of you guy's could do it :)

I know JMK, and I know I'm being VERY silly. But Starwars has been a part of my life as long as I can remember. even after rotj I ne there would be more movies . Even though it took 16 years I was still awaiting the day I would here ....The new Starwars movie will be released blah blah blah date. now never agian.Now I know it's not the end of the world. I know it's not as bad as world war, or hunger , but it does suck!!! But maybe there will be some kind of tv show like the jedi journals or something like that:)

and please send coloring book , Prefer BUGS BUNNY :D :lol

BUFFJEDI
Sep 5th, 2002, 07:44:15 PM
And there'll be toys that's true Reap, but not from new starwars movie's :( But maybe they will do a ,,,,well better not go there :D

ReaperFett
Sep 5th, 2002, 07:45:27 PM
go there NOW! :)

BUFFJEDI
Sep 5th, 2002, 07:49:06 PM
well It's really nothing but .. But I was thinking of novelty Starwars action figures , like lets say NUDE amadala and Leia figure's anatomically (spell check that O_o ) correct :smokin ;)

JMK
Sep 5th, 2002, 07:51:52 PM
I just KNEW it was going to go there......;)

CMJ
Sep 5th, 2002, 07:52:51 PM
LMAO buff!

BUFFJEDI
Sep 5th, 2002, 07:54:33 PM
Sorry guy's BUT it came to my mind:(

Hope LadyDiaq, or Deville don't read this they will think less of me :(

BUFFJEDI
Sep 5th, 2002, 07:56:41 PM
you know what is really crazy?(I'm sure I told this before) when I was young/kid I would not take a Leia action figure in the Bath with me because She/the girl figure would see me naked O_o , my how things change :smokin

CMJ
Sep 5th, 2002, 07:57:38 PM
LOL whatever...it's what they love about you buff. :p You play that card really well. ;)

JMK
Sep 5th, 2002, 08:04:16 PM
Change his name to Rico Suavé! :lol

BUFFJEDI
Sep 5th, 2002, 08:11:04 PM
LOL whatever...it's what they love about you buff. You play that card really well. :lol

years of hard practice at work :angel

BTW JMK LOVE THAT SONG!!!!:lol

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 5th, 2002, 09:16:13 PM
Now I know what to get you for Christmas Buff ;)

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Sep 5th, 2002, 10:26:54 PM
BUFF, youre a man after my own heart!! :love

*grabs his hand and gets nekkid in the tub along with thier Luke and Leia anatomically correct action figures ;) :D ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 5th, 2002, 10:30:47 PM
I thought you were going to ask for a Bea Arthur, nude, anatomically correct action figure. ^_^; So glad I was wrong!!

:D

Quadinaros
Sep 5th, 2002, 11:32:26 PM
Buff, I try hard not to think about... the end. But we will likely never see another phenomenon like Star Wars in our life times, so it's hard not to dwell on it. :(

JonathanLB
Sep 6th, 2002, 02:13:42 AM
Well I don't really think of it as the end, though. I dunno, I'm not trying to be optimistic here, but really it's the beginning! The beginning of being able to enjoy the entire saga, at last, in its entirety and whenever you want on DVD (when they are all out).

Anyway, I am not sure if I have mentioned my dream regarding Star Wars someday, but I have it thought out to a degree and I'd really like to make it happen. I'm probably going to need a solid half-million dollars though so I can get a loan for the rest of the money, but anyways.

I want to make a special cinema in Los Angeles that plays the Star Wars movies constantly, possibly just one big screen with a different film showing each week then like a marathon every Saturday or something, or maybe a few smaller screens, but then I want to have a themed restaurant in the same complex along with a small museum filled with various Star Wars props and collectibles.

The point would be to have the Star Wars movies eternally playing in theaters, like keep the flame going for good, and in a city that big, I think there is plenty of interest in it, and plenty of tourism and business there that brings new people in who are curious or are actually fans. The issue is making the size of the restaurant (SW cookbooks anyone? hehe) and theater correct so that you don't pay too much for your lease but you can make enough money to keep it going. It's also a matter of finding the best location and keeping overheads low, just like any business, but most of all...

I would need to get LFL's permission and find a ticket-price sharing arrangement. Also, I would want to make sure the theater was the best possible presentation quality, like 9.1 channel surround sound, comfortable seats, obviously by this point digital projection will be standard, and the theater would be THX approved (even though LFL doesn't own that entirely now, the point stands). I think with all of those quality assurances, LFL would certainly agree to such an arrangement because it would give new generations of fans a chance to see the movies where Lucas himself says they most deserve to be seen: in theaters.

So that's my future goal. If I could do that by the time I was 35 that would kick butt, but you never know how long that would take. I would not imagine I'd finance it entirely myself, I'd prefer to have outside investors too and/or get bank financing if possible, that sort of thing. Who knows my dad could even be a partner if it came to that.

The point wouldn't be about the money, though. I mean it's not like "here is how I am going to make tons of money!" Actually half the reason I'd want to wait until I am much older is so that I have enough money so that even if it is losing money, I can still continue to run it, because I just think it would rock. The Star Wars movies ALWAYS should be playing in at least one theater...

darth_mcbain
Sep 6th, 2002, 07:51:40 AM
In the 16 years between Ep. VI and Ep. I, when there wasn't really any talks of having a second trilogy, I loved Star Wars just the same... Of course, now it is more exciting with the new movies coming out, but after this trilogy is finished, the excitement will still be there. SW is not something that I (and I'm sure a lot of us here) only get excited about when it is movie release time... There's something about these movies that stay with us... After this trilogy is done with, yeah, things will quiet down a little, but that SW excitement will always be there...

JMK
Sep 6th, 2002, 08:36:52 AM
There was a time in the late 80's when SW seemed dead. Only the fans kept it alive, and when the re-releases of the THX set and eventually the SE's, Star Wars exploded again. It will probably have a similar pattern for a long time...

Doc Milo
Sep 6th, 2002, 12:38:16 PM
This was thrown around these boards before, but I think LucasLand, a Star Wars theme park would be an excellent idea!

darth_mcbain
Sep 6th, 2002, 01:28:35 PM
This was thrown around these boards before, but I think LucasLand, a Star Wars theme park would be an excellent idea!

That would definitely rock. They have enough action scenes in the movies to come up with plenty of exciting rides. They could have different areas: like in DisneyWorld they have Adventureland and Tomorrowland and such, they could have different planets like Tatooine, Hoth, Endor, and different attractions in the line of the setting... Of course, characters walking around in costume... They could have some live-action stunt shows with saber duels... They could have demos of blue-screens where they can put someone in a movie...

So many cool things they could do with that - I'd definitely go if they ever opened one up...

JMK
Sep 6th, 2002, 05:07:11 PM
I'd be there too if they made it. Field of dreams anyone?
I think a park like that would be massively successful for a few years, but would slowly begin to lose money when there's not much else to add to the park. I just wouldn't want to see an EU section of the park. :p

JonathanLB
Sep 6th, 2002, 06:33:03 PM
True, it may be a bit risky I suppose, but why couldn't Steven Spielberg and Lucas both pool some funds and make a joint park that had rides and whatnot from their various films? Spielberg already has plenty of course and there is Star Tours, but I think the both of them could make something pretty awesome.

You could make a lot more money if you just limited the number of people who could be in the park at any given time, to prevent crowding like at Disneyland, then just charge more per ticket. My dad has always said they should just be way more expensive to prevent so many damn people from getting in. No reason to have it be a bad experience for everyone and just let everyone in for cheap, it just ruins the experience. It makes it no fun at all. I waited hours before at Disneyland for various rides. Bah.

But a SW theme park would rock.